The Old Testament was found to be more than twice as violent as the Quran

common reply:
"violence can only be found in Old Testament"
"Jewish's law"
then why still include it in the Bible?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5vae0D4n3O8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Analyzed by either a liberal retard or a muslim.

So?

Oh boy, here we go again.
The difference between the Bible and the Quran is that the Bible relates violence as historical facts while the Quran COMMANDS you to be violent.

The Bible just explains how humans are. The Quran commands humans to be violent. Read both and learn plz.

It's was only in relation to wars Israelites were in with other countries. They aren't a rule of morality which Christians or Jews were supposed to keep.

Meanwhile Islam teaches violence as a rule of emulation against wives, kuffar nations, ect

The Bible talks about violence.

The Koran commands violence.

Mystery solved.

No comparison between the New Testament and the Quran? I wonder why.

I made this last year and I can finally post it, it's a really stupid and pointless comparison tbqh

Christianity is not a peaceful religion. We're supposed to keep our women silent like in Islam. We're supposed to kill faggots like in Islam. We're also supposed to kill people with multiple sex partners, so in that way we're even more violent than Islam.
However, modern Christianity is cucked so you can't really claim it's violent since they ignore all the smiting parts of the Bible so they can pray for fags and get blacked.

So the New Testament talking about Christians being fed to the lions, counts as being as violent as Muhammad commanding nonbelievers must be killed?

Seems legit

we are bound biologically to the stories of the old testament. It would be too significant to not include in the bible - if anything do it for anthropology

they only reason people get away with calling it a violent religion is because they know it's not even remotely violent any more. They're safe to mock and criticize

here are the answers you seek

youtube.com/watch?v=5vae0D4n3O8

This has been debunked every time it's mentioned.
This "study" totally ignored context and treated "don't kick people in the dick" and "kick people in the dick" as individual mentions of violence.

While technically correct it's important to understand the actual message being sent throughout the books.
The koran's message is "kill the nonbelievers and beat the shit out of everyone else" while the bible (new testament anyway) is overwhelmingly about being nice to people and NOT committing those atrocities.

t. an athiest

Actually come to think of it......the quran is an extension of the Bible. So all the violence in the old testament is part of Islam as well. So....these people are lying.

>Old Testament has violence in it to tell stories of strife and pain
>Quran has violence in it for others to follow as a holy order

>stories involving violence = commandments to act out violently

What people don't understand is that the followers/believers of a group/religion are what make the movement. If some ancient KKK scroll was unearthed from the inception of the Klan, saying how the Klan's core beliefs is diversity and tolerance, does that make all these guys burning crosses and lynching niggers in the 1800s not REAL KLANSMEN? Black Lives Matter is garbage not because of their core "official" beliefs listed on their website or guidebook or whatever they have, but because of the actions of it's followers. The Quran can say whatever it wants about violence, death, or what have you, if the people who call themselves Muslim do awful things, isn't it justifiable to call Islam horrible?

The old testament is full of commands from God to kill people or God killing people Himself. Are these counted towards the bible’s violence totals?

They probably counted it for the CHristians but not for Islam, despite the Quran referencing the OT and being an extension of it the same way the NT does

Mentions of violence =/= advocacy of violence

The Bible is also about 700,000 words longer then the Koran so there are more passages with violence simple because it has more to say about everything.

First of all this.
Secondly, all religions have the Old Testament in common, it's their baseline. The thing is that, when doing that "analysis" the results are skewed because they put the Quran alone vs The Bible.

This is very convenient if you want to get a specific result and not reality. It's like when they want to make americans appear dumb on Tv, they pick and choose those who sounded like retards and then smile at the camera and say "Herpaderp, american education".

So, if you want to be fair, you need to pair two books that are similar, so New Testament and Quran together because both share the Old Testament anyway.
Another thing you can do, since the Old Testament is a compendium of books, is take all muslim scriptures and not just the Quran (the hadiths, for example).

That study's sole purpose is to reinforce the opinion of fools that won't question how is that and will have a decent response to anyone that follows a conversation like "Well, I'm actually worried about those muslim terror attacks".

There's a lot more crime in the criminal code than any other book, too, but none of it is endorsed.

Old Testament is the Jew bible.
New Testament is Christ's bible.

The Church has been subverted by a cultural Marxist who just today said that Mary and Joseph's refugee journey was the same as the (((migrant crisis))).

as a whole the bible tells a story, the heebs are given god's law, they break it and rewrite it for their own convenience ad nauseum until their messiah appears tells them to follow god's law and they kill him for it.

This.
Thread/

>Meanwhile Islam teaches violence as a rule of emulation against wives, kuffar nations, ect

This. AFAIK Islam spread throughout the world by tip of the Scimitar.

>violence here, violence there

It doesn't mean nothing. If the middle east did not had the oil we would not have all this shit storm going on

>caring about old testament
Why are Americans this ignorant about their own religion

Wtf I worry about getting killed by Christian terrorists now

more likely to be molested by a catholic priest
than an islamic terrorist

The old testament is as much dogma to Christians as it is to Muslims. What did they hope to achieve by doing that comparison?

Old Testament: the historical, actual history of 100 BC - 200 AD Jerusalem

New Testament: what is to be praised, revered, and followed through christ

Its almost like the bible is literally just the New testament (:::::

Reminder that the Koran and torah or whatever the fuck the jews read dont have an old testament because their stories never happened historically. Jesus was a real person.
Mohammad (mohammed, mohamed, mahmood, and however many other ways its spelled) never existed.

The Old Testament is an account of the history of the Jews, which was very, very violent. It's still pretty violent. Maybe you should take it up with them, OP.

The Koran, on the other hand, begins on page one with a very gruesome threat to anybody who rejects their holy book:

" And if you are in doubt about what We have sent down upon Our Servant [Muhammad], then produce a surah the like thereof and call upon your witnesses other than Allah, if you should be truthful. But if you do not - and you will never be able to - then fear the Fire, whose fuel is men and stones, prepared for the disbelievers."

And we've seen this "Fire" now all over Europe, in places that have been peacefully Christian for over a thousand years now. Islam is a psychopathic, hateful cult of rapists and criminals and it has no place in any civilized country. Christmas festivities in my homeland of Germany are literally under armed guard right now, as we speak, because of "peaceful" muslims whom we allowed in as guests or granted refuge from war and they repay us with murder, rape, and thievery. Muslim are neither a peace-seeking nor honorable people.

Theres a passage in the quran talking about cutting non-believers up, dont remember anything like that in the bible, maybe its filled with micro aggression

If you compare violence committed to Christ as opposed to Violence committed by Muhammed.
Maybe that could be true.

How much of it is done or ordered by Jesus vs How much of it is done or ordered by Muhammad?

Sage

Isn't the Bible (king james specifically if I recall) like several times longer than the Quaran?

And I remember someone posting a comparison of the number of violent terminology used, and it was still a close number, top cork.

In the Old Testament, i.e. the Jewish Torah.
Also I don't see radical Christians murdering and crusading across the Middle East and at home.

I've read them both. First off, the quran is much, much shorter. The bible is the longest book anyone is every likely to read, about the length of 20 novels.

Second, the bible is not literally the word of god, it is words inspired by god, depicting lots of legendary stories, where many people do violent things that god disapproves of. The quran also contains some violent things, but it is true that it doesn't literally contain as much violence as the bible - but that's missing the point entirely.

The main point, is that the quran is a lot more neurotic. It's an adaptation of judaism / christianity for who are less able to handle ambiguity, whereas the bible is more like a load of philosophical lessons and handed down stories that have been lumped together.

The biggest example is the descriptions of heaven and hell in the quran - the bible doesn't go into much detail, but the quran talks about the actual details of heaven as a place, and how the people in heaven will be able to see those in hell from above and lorde it over them.

I would recommend anyone read the quran as it is hard to explain here what i mean, but once you start reading it, you'll understand just how much it seems to be designed to appeal to people's smug sense of self-righteousness - it has a very teenage vibe to it.

The bible isn't perfect either (the OT is at least 2300 years old), but just read them both and you'll see.

i wonder if they include the hadiths which are ultra violent

>ofc they didnt

Well, not any more.
Because Christianity evolved and also caused the communities it inspired to evolve into what is now considered western first world society.

Man, the Muzzies would really benefit from a New Testament style spin off. Probably too late for that though.

>Book A
>Muslims slaughter everyone
>Jew slaughter everyone
>Book B
>Muslims, slaughter everyone!
>Book C
>Jews, slaughter everyone!
>see book A is more violent than Book B and C

>The difference between the Bible and the Quran is that the Bible relates violence as historical facts

Uhh, but that part about stoning gays, killing blasphemers, killing women that have premarital sex, beating your unobedient wife, etc isn't really "historical facts" and is what Christian societies have done for a thousand years until they were rid of Christian influence during the Enlightenment.

The Bible really is much more violent than the Quran is, and for the NT apologists that pretend the Old Testament doesn't exist, Jesus clearly approved of the Old Law, which is the law written in the OT.

>smoking kills
>REEEE
>YOU PROMOTE SMOKING AND DEATH

> forgetting the hadith and sunnah

Quite easy to debunk anyway. The Pope is a Liberation Theologist like most of the priest in South America. Also Argentinian which implyies being a proud idiot.

Refugee crisis man:women/children rate: 9:1
Holy Family escape to Egipt: 1:2
Risks to Ethiopian refugees by the Siria war: 0%
Risk to the Holy Family to stay in Bethlehem: 100%
Kilometers traveled by asylum seekers in Europe: a fuckton
Kilometers traveled by Joseph, Mary and Jesus to be out of the country: a few.

It's a big bullshit.

Those were the laws of the land, not God's orders.

God says in the Old Testament don't do this, don't do that, but doesn't say "or else...".

Then Jesus in the New Testament, the son of God himself, abolishes stoning in his famous words "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her".

This is a christian understanding, or should be, that it is not in human hands to deliver the punishment but on God.
That doesn't mean you can't punish crime but you cannot commit a sin to do so.

Then you know nothing of the massive child abuse going on inside mosques.

Fucking A it is.

Saying Christians are too nice and cucks
or
THEY ARE SO VIOLENT AND MEAN REEE

You get to pick one cunt.

>Lumps together Old and New Testament
>Doesn't lump together Koran and Hadith
>Ignores the fact the Bible is like 10x longer than the Koran
Absolutely pathetic

>not separating the Old testament aka the jew shit from the new testament the christian part.
WEEEEEW lad.
Can wait to see a christian 9/11

I don't understand

When you quote the Quran, you always take it out of context and choose a few words specifically, most of them which are open to interpretations and have unclear translations, why do you get so mad when others do this with the Bible?

>abolishes stoning in his famous words "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her".

Can you fucking read? Nowhere in that can you interpret banning stoning, this was basically "Don't judge others sin if you have sinned yourself", I've never seen it interpreted as Jesus saying stoning is banned.

>This is a christian understanding,

No, this is just you conveniently interpreting the message to suit your own political agenda. I know your kind, you're always "castrating" the Bible by saying "Metaphor this, parable that", in order to give others the impression that the Bible totally did not order people to maintain the Old Law, which was barbaric as fuck and is what Christian societies have faithfully followed from the fall of the Roman Empire until the Enlightenment Era.

You're a fake Christian, religion is no more than a past-time for you, but for the Medieval Christians that dedicated their lives to Christianity, we know perfectly how they lived and how they followed the Law.

The laws are the ten commandments which should be interpreted as your human rights.

>We're supposed to keep our women silent like in Islam
Women are supposed to choose to keep silent, but you are not supposed to enforce this silence on them. The whole point of the new testiment is that it is not the responsibility of anyone but God to punish an individual for their sins.

May God give you to search for your children with a geiger counter.

The bible is nothing more than a scam made up by a council. Literally FAKE NEWS.

>Christians don't follow the barbaric shit in the Old Testament!
>Christians follow the Ten Commandments from the Old Testament!

Choose one please.

I hate to diagnose you with Down Syndrome but I think that it will be safer for you and the people around you if I give you the news as soon as possible.

Have you ever seen me quoting the Quran? Or are you making just a wild assumption based on convinience?
How do you interpret Mohammed breaking a peace treaty with the meccans and raging war on them and pigaging them and claiming their women as sex slaves in a peaceful manner? How can you compare the life of Christ and the one of Muhammed and say one is not severely more violent than the other?

In regards of the stoning, if you can't get in your 12yo head that Jesus saying "don't stone this person, it's wrong" is his way of spreading his teachings as he does with everything in the Bible you might want to bash your head against a concrete corner to see if you can release some farts from the breach. Jesus' teachings were constantly like that, not signing laws and decrees.

I am not a christian and I don't have a political agenda here. But it's ridiculous to compare both things and say christians are evil and muslims are saints and martyrs.
Still, there's much more room for interpretation in the Bible as there is in the Quran. If you don't like it piss off, but that's the way it is. If you follow the life of Christ you have far more chances to be a decent human being than following the deeds of Muhammad, period.
All your arguments have no weight unless you adopt the cliché assumptions of the "hurr durr you christian hypocrite herpaderp". All you know is college garbage that people told you about christians but you never bothered to research.

As a final note, I'd recommend you buying a retard whistle so when somebody tries to take advantage of your retardation out in the open you can call for help.

Fuck off, you faggot OP.