Are Atheists celebrating Christmas? If not, how do they deal with everything being closed...

Are Atheists celebrating Christmas? If not, how do they deal with everything being closed? What happens to all holidays in an Atheist society? Working 12/365 doesn't seem appealing to me at all. What real life benefits does atheism give? From strictly utilitarian point of view it's better to participate in religion even if you don't believe in god.

Logic and science were never meant to have any "utility". Yes, it does feel a little better to be part of a religion, but the point is not to feel good or to be practical, only to be reasonable and logical.

>but the point is not to feel good or to be practical, only to be reasonable and logical
That won't convert low IQ masses.

Yule is a perfectly fine pagan/atheistic holiday. Just check the christ crap at the door and the tree and gifts still remain.

>Are Atheists celebrating Christmas?
Of course they are. They are only Atheists when it suits them.

I spend christmas with my super christain family and jesus never came up. Its barely even a religious event anymore.

It seems like corporations are pushing more and more for the New Year party to become more important than Christmas.

>dude you need religion so you can take the day off
christcuck b8 grows weaker by the day

I don't even interact with people outside of work, why would I celebrate anything? Christmas means few days off so I can sleep longer

Do you think that companies would allow people to take an extra day off for no reason if there was no religion or national holiday involved?

i use christmas to teach my kids about love, giving and family. religion has little to do with it other tham being the reason for season.

Shouldn't you be doing that for the entire year anyways?
How do you explain the meaning of Christmas carols to your kids?

Christmas/Yule/Whatever marks the day when the days finally start getting longer, that's a nice thing to celebrate.

>that's a nice thing to celebrate
Souds somewhat primitive. Celebrating nature is a good enough reason to lose millions in lost labor?

I'm working. I don't care about Joesph's wife's son. Christcucks.

theyre small, we havent gotten to that yet. and we dont "celebrate" all year. im teaching the school age one to be assertive, inquisitive and clear most of the year. christmas is complicated as far asnot being a churchgoing family and i think about it often. just moved to a small midwest town from a giant city, perhaps church may be in our future

Celebrating nature.

Can you find something more worthwhile to celebrate?

>and we dont "celebrate" all year.
Why? You should celebrate life. You should live every day like it was your last. Life is but a series of days. Every day you die and get born the next day as a new person with a set of memories.

> Are Atheists celebrating Christmas?
In this country fucking nobody celebrates it. Only some biblethumpers, but thats about it. New year all the way baby.
Its fake new year anyway tho, cuz legit new year is supposed to be in spring, but then again, we no longer live like our ancestors did, the cycles of nature for us dont have the same significance anymore.

We lose millions in labour for more stupid idiosyncrasies we accept as mundane phenomena every day

>Can you find something more worthwhile to celebrate?
Celebrate virtue and human condition?
Nature itself sucks. You should pick parts that benefit humanity. Celebrating shit that can't be changed by humans is stupid as it doesn't benefit our children. We should celebrate values that push our species forward.

I imagine hundreds if not thousands of atheist teens woke up this morning and received gifts in the name of Jesus Christ. They celebrate the birth of a god they don't believe in, who are the real intellectuals?

What's in the pan?

You do know Jesus wasn't born the 25th of December, right?

I celebrate the winter solstice like the rest of you ignorant cunts.

I know. He was never born as he was an amalgamation of all previously existing myths about the prophet.

>pushes glasses against nose

But everyone talks about him today none the less, the premier holiday is the Christian winter holiday , get over it

You're being intellectually dishonest.

Just because there's a consumerist craze on st valentine's day doesn't give it any religious significance, in fact it is absolutely disgusting from religious or traditional point of view

>what could you possibly do on this day but suck gods imaginary cock?

I have dinner with my family and cook for them, WOW

>What happens to all holidays in an Atheist society? Working 12/365 doesn't seem appealing to me at all. What real life benefits does atheism give?
Atheism gives you wings. It gives you freedom.
It led me down the path of MGTOW. I don't think I'd be there if I were not an atheist first

The fact that we celebrate it 1/7 of a month later then we used to should be a solid indicator it is not about nature.

Social protocol has dictated our evolution more then nature for thousands of years.
Coming together from time to time has been part of maintaining a genetically benificial social protocol

>Still writes letters to Santa.

a large collection of tonsil stones.

Chinese restraunts don't close on Christmas. They just follow what their Jewish overlords do.

You can say it's not about Jesus all you want, but the fact is The holiday always spawns talk and discussion of Jesus , Valentine's Day does not.

Everything is closed in my mid size town.

Love is not taught. It's shown through examples. People who teach love to their children, lay the foundation for their children to become degenerate parents in their teens.

>Chinese restraunts
>In Poland
Nope. They are closed because the LAW forbids work during first and second day of Christmas.

You guys are the worst.

As it should be

I'm an agnostic and still enjoy the holiday. My family is Catholic and I like going to church with them on Xmas just to hear the nice music/for the sake of tradition, and obviously I still participate in the festivities. One doesn't have to be Christian to enjoy today.

we like living we live in fucking theocracies.

But what’s the fucking point then?

Hell Walmart doesn't even allow that anymore. There are no paid holiday vacations.

If logic was one of the fundamental aspects of atheists - well that would be a contradiction.

Due to contingency, logic dictates that the universe does have a God.

Isn't Wallmart a corporation that sells toxic shit to plebs for cheap and destroying local businesses like Tesco, Lidl etc?
Why do people work there? Do they hate their communities?

>Due to contingency, logic dictates that the universe does have a God.
God is energy.
None of this religious mumbo jumbo.
It's simple, omnipresent, is a cause of everything and was present before big bang and after.

Atheist here. I don't think we need a religious reason for taking time off.

A pagan holds religious beliefs Yule isn't both pagan and atheistic.

>Celebrating shit that can't be changed by humans is stupid as it doesn't benefit our children. We should celebrate values that push our species forward.

No, the heavy industry we've been engaged in for the last 200 years will only leave a bigger problem for our children. I'm all for the advancement of technology but it's wasteful industriousness is already out of hand. Which way is forward for our species?

Surely you can't think that ignoring our origin will lead to progress.

Fun. That's the only reason why holidays exist anyway.

Who gives a shit? Im having a great night!

>God is energy.
How many Joules does God have?

>No, the heavy industry we've been engaged in for the last 200 years will only leave a bigger problem for our children
What heavy industry nigga?
The one that moved to China killing jobs in the west? The one that gave us civilization?
The industry is the sole reason why we don't live in Africa tier world.
The fact that we gave away our industry to fucking Chinese is the cause why we are still stuck on Earth instead of building shit and colonizing Space. In case of war we have fucking nothing. Chinese have all our factories.

Atheist here. I put up a tree for the family. We do presents and dinner and all that crap. It's an excuse to have some fun so I have no problem with it.

Honestly, I find very little about the whole occasion that actually requires religion.

All of them.
Matter is a form of energy.
Matter is constructed from strings of energy.
The entire Universe is energy. God is energy.
God is the Universe.

They celebrate it by whining about how stupid religion and traditions are on facebook, then crying themselves to sleep.

I'm Christian but I fucking hate Christmas. The entire month of December turns into an insane clusterfuck because of all the retards maxing out their credit cards, so getting shit done is more of a pain in the ass than it should be. It's even worse when you work holidays and people expect you to to be as cheerful as they are sitting at home and getting drunk. I'm glad it's almost over.

Being part of this Universe, your God can I say that your religion is cancer on the western civilization.

Yeah like I said I'm all for the advancement of technology but when we have a floating patch of garbage the size of Texas floating in the ocean it's become a fucking problem.

I used to be pantheistic. Certainly seems that the universe meets all the criteria of a god, containing all energy (all powerful) and containing all information (all knowing), and if you believe in determinism then the universe then also has a "divine plan." But here's the thing, we already have a word for the universe, which is uuuhhh oh yeah "universe", so no need to call it "God." Also, since the universe does not need our prayers, thanks, or tithes then there's really no need to worship the universe as if it was a god either.
And that's how I went from pantheist to an atheist.

We celebrate by adding up all the hours on Sunday we didn't waste listening to a preacher telling us not to be bad mkay.

Your sentence has a confusing grammatical error in it which confuses me.
Accepting that god is energy gives you motivation to preserve life and energy in one point. Our purpose is to spread and accumulate as much energy as physically possible.
By controlling larger and larger parts of god, we will eventually become god. We would also control the entire Universe as a side effect.

I don't mind it. I was scheduled to work this back in June, so I knew about it. At this point it's just another day, except I'm getting paid time and a half.

>but when we have a floating patch of garbage the size of Texas floating in the ocean it's become a fucking problem.
Problem to who? Not my problem.
If anyone decides that it's their problem they will pay up and recycle that pile of garbage.

Oddly enough Walmart is a decent job. It's one of the few jobs where you can start off as a cashier and climb the ladder to regional manager. A good friend of mine did exactly that. He told me it's only a dead end job for the lazy niggers and crybabies that eventually earn a well deserved layoff.

>But here's the thing, we already have a word for the universe, which is uuuhhh oh yeah "universe", so no need to call it "God."

That's why I propose the first Atheistic religion that gives the foundation for morals without god.

The Universe doesn't need our prayers but through the laws of physics it will punish us if we do bad and reward us if we do good. All actions have consequences.

Well tell your kids that then. It's their problem apparently. Awesome future you've got planned out for the species.

>What real life benefits does atheism give?
knowing that you're not a fucking hillbilly inbred retard.

>Oddly enough Walmart is a decent job. It's one of the few jobs where you can start off as a cashier and climb the ladder to regional manager.
This is the current state of American dream?
Your country really went to shit recently.

>Well tell your kids that then. It's their problem apparently.
How? My children won't give a fuck about that and will still be fine.

>That's why I propose the first Atheistic religion that gives the foundation for morals without god.
I agree with you.
Everything seems connected with everything else.

>Working 12/365 doesn't seem appealing to me at all.
But working 11/365 does

I don't mind working on a holiday as much as dealing with all the assholes clogging up the roads and stores all month. Especially when there is traffic on Christmas Eve because lazy niggers and bored boomers want the "excitement" of last minute shopping.

urbanite bugman scum

Muslims celebrate christmas, lol. Christmas is one of those days that everyone just says fuck it and celebrates it.

What is that, onions?

I will write a book about it, sell it on Amazon and become famous 400 years from now. People mock my ideas. They are all idiots.

Who gives a shit, Atheists are literally the 1%ers of religion and by liberals own logic should not be listened to or worried about when things exclude them.

It offers you nothing.

You watched that episode of Friends on Comedy Central during Christmas too?

The question then becomes, what the fuck are they actually needed for?

Jesus is a prophet in Islam. He just isn't regarded as the son of God. Also they dont really celebrate christmas.

My friend makes a six figure salary as a regional manager. He didn't have to take on debt for (((college))) either.
What's the Polish dream like? Not starving to death in winter?

You said you wanted to focus on values that would propel the species forward. So ignoring problems is one of those values?

Help me to understand.

>12/365
What fucking logic does this follow? My autism is peaking.

To keep the society running.
Not everyone can be a scientists and we need hand for work.

Atheism provides absolution from one's sins by denying the need to be forgiven. Bassically being an atheist gives atheists permission in their own mind to be shitty people

>pagan for a day
Feel bad for those poor fuckers at Quick Trip
The Sonic's were open around here too.

Yes. If the problem doesn't affect you personally never get shamed into giving any money to solve that virtual problem. If the floating garbage pile ever threatened central Europe we will gladly send men to fucking dismantle it.

It doesn't matter what the or occasion is, only that the populace holds the day in high regard and wish to enforce it.

I don't believe in karmic retribution, but I don't think you were saying that an individual would be punished for their actions so much as "we" would be punishing ourselves so to speak. Indeed if you see the universe as "god" and humanity being part of the universe, then by wronging other humans you harm a part of "god." Perhaps there is a moral argument to be made there.

You should've gone from pantheist to panentheist you fucked up.

Yeah, with no religious argument companies will shit on peoples will and make this day a normal work day. You don't want to get fired, don't you?
Also, Net neutrality vote.

>muh edgy winter solstice/Nimrod holiday
Are you even 18? Everyone knows this and chooses to celebrate it as a day for Christs birth regardless

I don't know how it is in Poland, but in other Eastern European countries the New Year is the big holiday

Working against humanity as a whole is a sin.
Nobody gives a fuck about your personal relation to the Universe. Compared to the Universe you are nothing. As long as you contribute the bare minimum to humanity you are fine but if you become a leech you are wasting our limited resources and should be punished for that or at least given no help and shamed as you are sinning against the entire Universe.

>be atheist
> happy for all the xmas lights
> happy that people spend time together
>bought whatever i needed the day before
> feels good tbqh

That assumption largely hinges on the notion that high IQ people don't understand the value of work. Aside from that, automation.

My point is, you can construct a logically sound morality based on New Energetism ©.