Psychedelics

What does Sup Forums think about psychedelics?
Are they enlightening tools of spiritualism and introspection?
Substances which give glimpses into the nature of consciousness?
A waste of time for hippies and druggies who want to feel enlightened?
Something else entirely? Any experiences with these substances which impacted your outlook on the world?
Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

juliusevola.net/excerpts/Drugs.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

>Are they enlightening tools of spiritualism and introspection?
Yes.
>A waste of time for hippies and druggies who want to feel enlightened?
Usually.
Impacts people differently. Made me see that everyone was full of shit all the time. Others can only seem to focus on the connections that people all share but they fail to see how meaningless those connections actually are because they won't pull their heads back into reality.

I've done every drug known to man and I get high off Rx'es that don't get you high.

is there a particular reason we've been having this thread every day?

salvia just might save my life

Good answer.
I see a lot of hatred for weed/weed culture on this board so I was wondering if it carried over into all drugs including psychs as well. Because honestly I use weed on an occasional basis but it served as a catalyst for me to change my life to strive to be moral and compassionate and better myself. I tend to keep my insights grounded and applicable instead of just getting on the "we are all one, mannn" train.
It (and my later dabblings in psychedelics) showed me, like you saw, that most people are full of shit. The socially constructed false niceties hold no purpose to me anymore and I find myself behaving as I truly am all the time, not putting on a false face for anyone, because I realized that if the people I'm trying to impress (outside of, say, work) wouldn't like my real persona, then I don't need to attach them to my life anyway! A potential wife is one I want to be able to truly be myself around so a fake persona is not going to help me get a girl I want. And this has had a positive impact: nearly everyone new I meet tells me how genuine I am and how there seems to be almost a light above my head, that I seem like such a genuinely good trusting person who makes a positive impact in the world in my day-to-day. And that means the world to me because that's what I want to do, and I never would've thought twice about doing some pansy-ass shit like that if I hadn't started with weed-induced philosophy.

Elaborate? Salvia is nearly always regarded as such a crazily bad experience, it's not every day you hear of someone having a positive impact from it

Ive done a decent amount of psychs in my day and I think the most positive effects can be utilized if you trip by yourself.

I have also taken some light psychs to just have a good time with some friends if we are going out and having a nonchalant time drinking etc.

IMO, psychs are more of a tool than an answer.

Self-generating astrology. Take drugs, think about what it 'means' (nothing but what you make up yourself that seems relevant or profound).

What about using them to find solutions to your problems? You have a problem and take a psychedelic for the answer on what to do with the problem then implement the solution you thought up while tripping

well said.
waste of time. or maybe not depending on your state of mind. it is reverting back to yourself and stripping away hypnosis, mass hypnosis that was foisted on people of the world in past 100 years by these scumtard shit via mass media.

instead of wasting time, just trust your intuition- if it is pure, non-indoctrinated by said hypnosis. same results. you will see through news and "people" you meet. it is not pretty.

nihilism is a child's philosophy.

I like you.

i use it everyday for health reasons. i read on erowid somebody used it for chronic pain, which i suffer from. i also wanted to experience the trip but i was scared of it so i started very small. it was such an intense sensation that i havent felt comfortable going beyond a few flakes of extract. idk how those kids smoke whole bowls of it. but i noticed even though it was intense, it felt like i could feel outer parts of my body like my neuronal connections had expanded. blood would start pumping into areas that are always numb and tingling. when i smoke or vape it i can feel my muscles relax. ive tried muscle relaxers and other stuff that do nothing. after years of searching i finally found the somatic catalyst ive been looking for

Everyone should do psychedelics once in their life just so they can learn important lessons about how the brain functions and how your perceptions can be altered by chemicals. Psychedelics are like guns, powerful tool that can be harmful in the wrong hands.

No it is not a path to enlighment, it sweals the brain like all other brain function altering substances and overtime the inflamation causes brain damage.

How many times have you used them?

This makes sense to me.

I've done weed, shrooms, Benadryl (I know I was fucking stupid) alcohol, caffeine, sugar.

I know how all of these drugs affect my body, I know when I'm not sober and i agree, it allows someone to realize when something is affecting their mental state.

Salvia will make you appreciate sober reality

Drugs are degenerate and I say this because I've done a lot of them. Psychedelics trick you into seeing world as a beautiful connected world, however upon closer inspection you realize that in fact that beauty is in fact horrible. Life feeds of death and nothing really matters - that's the truth. Everything you see under the influence is just figments of your own worldview and expectations of it. All those glorified tales of yore, are that - tales. People have always been degenerate and barbaric. Those connections we have between each other mean nothing and end when we die. You don't see the 'real' world as it is when your stoked on Acid. Real world is death, life that feeds of death and decay that follows you after death. Everything dies, will die, and there is no spiritual world where our souls go to. That's a lie perpetuated for feel-good attitude towards life.

>Life feeds of death and nothing really matters
Look at flag
>Russian Federation
Yep, thats what i Thought
Holy shit mate thats one hell of a post, even for Sup Forums standards

Dude i cant get past this wall, it hits me like a truck. wish i could experience that

This is the correct answer most people are far too ignorant to get much out of the psychedelic experience, they treat them as just another party drug that lets you see wacky colors. Little do they know that psychedelics have been used for untold thousands of years to reach higher states of consciousness, which sadly have been largely forgotten by modern man.

Evola put it eloquently
>the "personal equation" and the specific zone on which drugs, here including alcohol, act, lead the individual toward alienation and a passive opening to states that give him the illusion of a higher freedom, an intoxication and an unfamiliar intensity of sensation, but that in reality have a character of dissolution that by no means "takes him beyond." In order to expect a different result from these experiences, he would have to have at his command an exceptional degree of spiritual activity, and his attitude would be the opposite of those who seek and need drugs to escape from tensions, traumatic events, neuroses, and feelings of emptiness and absurdity.

juliusevola.net/excerpts/Drugs.html

interesting, sounds like you're doing something similar to John Lilly, who invented the sensory deprivation tank. He used to suffer from crippling migraines but used the tank and ketamine to rewire enough of his brain to utterly eliminate them. It's unfortunate that more serious research hasn't really taken place on that, at least that I know of.

>People have always been degenerate and barbaric. Those connections we have between each other mean nothing and end when we die
>Everything dies, will die, and there is no spiritual world where our souls go to.
besides that "it is all shit" i would agree with most of what you said. you think God an soul started with sandslime scum and child raping/murdering romans? no mate. still trapped in hypnosis.

Acid helped me see that the world is made of memes

stop thinking like a fucking soviet shitstain.
turd-worlders like us flips have also reached that line of thinking, and the general reaction so far is to be a family man through and through.

they're kickstarters and maintenance tools

This....sounded better his way. I think all drugs are basically the same, a spectrum of pure manic on one end, pure fractal on the other (DMT for me).

you're going to see your post again, cap'd

Anyone whose family has a history of psychosis or schizophrenia should stay away from psychedelics.

People can have profound insights into themselves on psychelics. Often these are based on things in our past that have been blocked from consciousness. So someone hoping for a 'cosmic' experience might be surprised to find that the experience is instead gets into the nuts and bolts of relationships and things that have been stewing at the subconsious level. We might discover how we limit our paths of thought in such a way to defend the image we have of ourselves. It's a self-protective mechanism, so it's risky to suddenly tear these walls down. On the positive side, many people have a cathartic experience and are able to approach insights with attitudes of love and forgiveness that are also extended to the people in their lives. People often get a greater appreciation for music, art or the beauty of the world around them.

Whether the experience counts as a kind of enlightenment depends, I think, on how hard the person works to apply any insights they gained to their life. And it depends too on whether those insights are true in a useful kind of way.

One thing that limits the pyschedelic experience IMO is that it is a-historical. The hippies thought it made perfect sense to promote free love and to tear down social mores around sexuality and marriage, and it must have made perfect sense during their LSD orgy. They forgot to think about why we had created those rules.

I think boundaries between us and the spirit world are weakened on these drugs. Witches and brujos take belladonna-family drugs or pschedelics to get in touch with spirit beings or ancestors. People have had experiences on LSD of being approached by what seemed to be demonic beings. Don't take these drugs if you don't know to protect yourself through prayer or pure power of positive will. Even this might be enough; a spirit might latch on without one knowing.

>everyone was full of shit all the time.

this statement is just ignorant in itself.

not really

Is he full of shit when he says everyone is full of shit?

>pure manic on one end,
whats this end?

yes

This, though observing nature while under the influence of psychs is greatly more rewarding than observing people. People are, in the end, very simple.