Kimi no Na wa thread. I just finished watching it and holy fuck I was blown away. What an emotional journey

Kimi no Na wa thread. I just finished watching it and holy fuck I was blown away. What an emotional journey.

What did you all think?

Other urls found in this thread:

keitai-project.wikia.com/wiki/Keit-Ai_Project_Wiki
fanfiction.net/s/7950479/1/Cellphones
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE
myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/11/08/kimi-no-na-wa-makes-oscar-consideration-list-for-best-animated-feature/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-28/your-name-anime-film-earns-19.4-billion-yen-to-surpass-princess-mononoke/.109255
madman.com.au/news/your-name-wins-best-animated-film-at-the-los-angeles-critics-awards/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-17/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-china-of-all-time/.110044
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-19/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-thailand-of-all-time/.110097
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-06/shinkai-your-name-film-opens-at-no.1-in-s-korea/.110606
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-05/shinkai-your-name-jumps-41-percent-in-box-office-from-last-weekend/.110671
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_anime_films
comicbook.com/anime/2017/01/16/kimi-no-na-wa-becomes-highest-grossing-anime-film-ever/
animetourism.lab-kadokawa.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Waiting for BDs.

mediocre and trite shit for normalfags

Are you really that much of a contrarian?

Mediocre at best. Overrated shit.

It was okay, never been a fan of Shinkai.

Funny. I literally just finished watching it for the first time less than a minute ago; the credits song is still playing in the background, even.

Just coming away from it, I really enjoyed it, but the very end was a bit off-putting. However, I also understand that it's the director's style.

Everyone overhyped it to the point that when I finally got around to watching it I felt somewhat disappointed. It was by no means a bad movie, in fact it was a decently good movie. It's just that it wasn't "DA BEST ANIMAY MOVIE EVER CREATED XD". It sucks that whenever I say this to anyone, they think I hate it just because I didn't LOVE it. Same goes to most of Miyazaki's movies.

Actually liked 5cm better.

I liked it to a certain extent.
Sound design/music was great
Animation was very good

It felt to me too much like Kotonoha no niwa
MC boy is pretty much the same
A lot of the side characters felt recycled
Animation not as satisfying as Kotonoha

desu, pretty good. overhyped. why this one instead of literally any other competent movie?

It's good but not the best thing ever
the story isn't completely original and it falls back on common anime tropes
I had it spoiled and watched the chinkrip a while back but I saw it again in IMAX a few weeks ago and it's really something else on the big screen
Would really recommend you see it in a cinema if you get the chance the current rips don't do the visuals justice at all

Normalfag bait.

go back to MAL, faggot

IMAX really made the movie for me, otherwise I would have just thought it to be bland cute-girl trash. It makes you question what the people watching the rip get out of it

Loved it as well, but we can't have any discussion about it anymore because people are still buttblasted that it wasn't nominated for an oscar.

I thought it was good regardless but seeing it in the cinema just elevated it

I loved it

I thought it was good overall, some engaging character writing and some quite dumb storytelling, 6/10.

I thought the characters were paper thin, I cant remember any real traits a month after watching.

The girl wanted to be free I guess
The guy was... just a guy

Good but Koe no Katachi is better.

focus is more on mitsuha in the movie the novel is more balanced though

then that means the movie isn't good, or as good

Good but kind of generic.

Even thought the ending was completely expected and cliche, it was still rather heart warming.

bretty gud

Threadly reminder that Keit-ai has been made into a wiki, a fanfic, a fictionpress story, a manga, a meme, a TV tropes entry, an anime preview, an anime episode, an honest-to-goodness anime movie that's Oscar considered, and a critically acclaimed box office success that's the highest grossing anime film of all time and approved by Shinzo Abe and Cool Japan.

keitai-project.wikia.com/wiki/Keit-Ai_Project_Wiki
fanfiction.net/s/7950479/1/Cellphones
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE
myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/11/08/kimi-no-na-wa-makes-oscar-consideration-list-for-best-animated-feature/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-28/your-name-anime-film-earns-19.4-billion-yen-to-surpass-princess-mononoke/.109255
madman.com.au/news/your-name-wins-best-animated-film-at-the-los-angeles-critics-awards/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-17/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-china-of-all-time/.110044
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-19/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-thailand-of-all-time/.110097
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-06/shinkai-your-name-film-opens-at-no.1-in-s-korea/.110606
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-05/shinkai-your-name-jumps-41-percent-in-box-office-from-last-weekend/.110671
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_anime_films
comicbook.com/anime/2017/01/16/kimi-no-na-wa-becomes-highest-grossing-anime-film-ever/
animetourism.lab-kadokawa.com/

If you were one of the first to see it, you probably enjoyed it. Many other who would have enjoyed it got their minds tainted by the hype that followed

It was average. The story is just some rather standard romance/drama that is common in Asian soap operas. The visuals are nice but it's not enough to really prop up the movie.

>emotional journey
Why exactly? What was so great about it?

Mitsuha was christmas cake in the end.

I thought it was beautiful, and the writing kept me on the edge of my seat for the entire third act.

People hate it because they're hipsters, but it was a perfectly executed film. The only criticism you could have was that it wasn't novel, and that's only because people keep spamming Keit Ai here.

Can you remember the real traits of Romeo? Juliet?

Or maybe it's because people actually have better awareness of the medium than you. It's pathetic how people like you have to resort to crying hipsters since you can't handle people criticising a thing you like and you can't refute the argument so you use personal attacks that mean nothing. Your Name is mediocre, there's nothing creative about it be it in the technical or narrative level. It's not a bad film, but it sure as hell isn't perfectly executed.

>Can you remember the real traits of Romeo? Juliet?
Congrats, you don't even know jack about that play.

I value the emotional impact of a film more than I do the technical mastery, at least when I decide if something is simply good or not.

While I do agree with you that the characters are weak, the senpai literally spelled it out by saying the guy is kind but short tempered. I guess that counts right?

I don't like the faces. Shinkai was different, now they're more uguu.

OP here, I guess you could call me a complete casual when it comes to anime. I watch it when I get the chance, but by no means would I say it's a giant part of my life.

I went into this movie literally knowing nothing about it beyond one of my friends telling me I should sit down and watch it.

I honestly can't remember the last time I was glued to my tv like that. I sat there awe struck. Perhaps it's only because I haven't seen that many films of this type? Regardless, I came away from it completely blown away with a feeling that stuck with me for a good hour. I didn't even know it was a super popular movie until after posting this thread and looking up more about it.