Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale

Good movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r-Gchwoaob0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Meh movie, could of been better but it was about what i expected. The full dive / burst linker info was a bit forced but its something we called for a while. The blacky princess teasing was cute, thats prolly the closest we will get to kurohime confirmed.

BD rips when?

Should have gone to your local theatre (if they showed it there)

june

They didn't, and anyway I was working the zombie shift in those weeks.
Fuck.

Shitty taste ITT. SAO is terrible shit.

I had a lot more fun than I thought I would. I watched the series, though I wouldn't have said I was a big fan--I just felt like watching a weeb movie. The big budget action scenes were over the top, and exciting to watch.
Ordinarly I'd agree, but I enjoyed how things came together in the movie. They kept the plot mercifully concise which I appreciated. The film had its fair share of cheesy moments a la the series, but it managed to be a little bit charming.

I guess it's one of those things that's best enjoyed in a crowd. The theater I attended was more packed than I'd expected, and were pretty responsive, particularly during the hypest moments. And it was nice to be on the same page. There are numerous anime I acknowledge as objectively better, but I probably would not have been able to enjoy those as much in a group setting.

It was pretty good for sao. Great visuals and animation, and the story was actually concise and coherent.
It still had its shitty sao moments, with kirito saving the day with asspulls but that was to be expected.

Careful, you may trigger some autists

Yeah, I had come to accept that when I came in. I'm just glad almost every named character had a chance to shine, even if for only a moment.

Too late, SAO was, is and will always be a piece of shit.

Kirito goes into a coma because of the evil NSA.

The surviving Law guys try to train up a peasant army in preparation for the Chaos invasion (Chaos are led by the literal God of Darkness who is also an evil NSA agent who eats souls like rape).

They get rekt, but Kirito's harem save them with GM accounts and deebeezeee powerlevels.

NSA connect UW to the internet and get 50,000 American players to connect (it was advertized to them as a beta test for a new AO-rated VRMMO where you're allowed to slaughter anything and everything you like, with blood and guts), they mass murder UW residents and think it's hilarious.

To defeat them the main characters get 2,000 Japanese VRMMO players to connect. Despite the difference in numbers the Japanese are superior and win because Asian gamer damashii.

Then PoH (who is also an evil NSA agent) unleashes a zerg rush of Korean and Chinese gamers who were recruited by being told this is the a Korean VRMMO that's in beta test but evil Japanese hackers broke into the server, turned off pain dampening and are torturing their countrymen.

Even when some Japs who speak Korean try to explain the situation to them they don't listen because hurr japanese

The other NSA guys are surprised this works, they thought it wouldn't be worth it because they didn't think Japan is more different from Korea/China than European countries are from each other (hur)

Koreans and Chinese overwhelm Japs because this is every Jap's worst nightmare.

Kirito wakes up (thanks to the literal POWER OF LOVE from his entire harem) and wipes them all out in one attack though.

(Also PoH's motivation is that he's Korean and he hates Japanese so when he got stuck in SAO he decided to set up Laughing Coffin and have them and the clearers kill each other for shits and giggles because Nips killing each other is hilarious.)

Kirito and Asuna become gods because of x10000000 acceleration.

The AIs explore VR space with rocket dragons.

Nah, fuck Odex.

Reminder that Silica is the cutest and most adorable!

What's wrong with her stupid gloves?

What the fuck am I reading?

Can always watch the dub in April.

Every thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=r-Gchwoaob0
>first line we hear Eugeo speaks is this
They know how to fuck with us.

>>Stay cool.... and STAY DOWN.

Cute.

I legit quite enjoyed it. The twist was decent by SAO standards.

It was pretty good.

I mean, the history is understandable, the effects and animations are great, they managed to reference a LOT of characters and events frol the first two seasons, they actually develop Asuna and Kirito as a couple, Klein gets screentime, that scene with a particular swordswoman was actually surprising and very well directed.

8.5/10

Nuclear grade autism.

What the fuck?

Was it just the theater or was the sound design horrible for this movie?

Is this kino, flick, movie or cinema?

That fast? Awesome.

>they haven't read Alicization

Where the fuck is my Progressive anime announcement?

Is that KoB Kirito? Why that and not Black Swordsman Kirito?

Watch the movie.

They do reference eberything.

>watch the movie
>implying there's a showing anywhere near me

>actually reading that garbage

>He buys anime

Well, you can always watch it online.

Someone already ripped it? Nice.

I think so.

Its actually good.

I legit laughed at many points in the movie unironically.

>Its actually good.
I doubt it, nothing in SAO is good aside from Progressive.

You'd be surprised.

Seriously, i used to dislike SAO, but once i just stopped taking it seriously and just started watching it for the technology, girls and fights, it gets better.

The movie is actually good.

I never found legit rip, only found fake one....

I'm going to watch it a third time because the first two times I was surrounded by Americans who wouldn't shut up during touching scenes and the finale.

The BD/DVD will be out in August at the earliest.

I don't like Kayano Ai as Alice but Eugeo is perfect. The anime can't come soon enough.

Why does everyones have that fugly earpiece thing

>SAO nationalism edition
I kinda want this

I'm going to convince the author to tone it down for the anime

It's an actual thing though

God damnit japs, why can't she pronounce Alice Synthesis Thirty normally? The anime is going to be hilarious with all the engrish.

The name itself sounds incoherent. It's as if the author threw darts at an English dictionary to come up with it.

Is this shit worth the 1800 yen to watch?

Read Alicization then. Or just wait for S3 I guess.

>If you don't like SAO it means you are autistic

Sasuga SAO/underage fag.

>1800 yen
Damn, jap theater is expensive

It's just 15USD, you pay similar prices in the US.

Are you that obnoxious gamegater that loved sao but with a different trip.

Yeah it's pretty steep but it's some MX 4d thing. Not sure what that is. Plus the the person I'm with doesn't speak Japanese. Decided to pass but if it's good I'll go.

Supposedly it's already toned down.
And tho shit posters are saying this is Japanese nationalism, it's also a fact that the Japanese government (specifically the JSDF) are ALSO the bad guys, and portrayed as such.

The name "Synthesis Thirty" isn't really meant to be a proper name. It's more like a designation, as she is the 30th "Integrity Knight" created through a process called the "Synthesis Ritual".

>Sup Forums is still so autistic about SAO that people literally have to preface their positive opinion of the movie with "I usually hate SAO but" or "SAO is normally shit, but"

> Basing your opinion of a separate movie on the TV series that spawned it instead of its own merits.
Nuclear. Grade. Autism.

Stop replying to weak bait you fag

>The AI fairy
Fucking dropped.

Dude we pay $10 for IMAX 3D and normal showings are $8.

That bothers you and not "STAY KUURU"?

Why is Yui so shit? She ruined the entire show
I'm serious

Because it turned kirito from "cool guy who's pretty good at the game" into "lmao xdddd megahacking skillz, i'm invincible and nothing bad will ever happen to me again after that one girl died just so i would have some character development lololol".
In that scene he lost all the dignity he had left as a main character and the show undeniably became a pile of horseshit.

could have been better

Yes, it was enjoyable.

Is it me or their design is close to Siegfried from Soul calibur?

Honestly you can can say that about just about any anime and they get better.

I mean, yeah sure you appreciate something better after seeing all the design, drawing, framing, and acting work better, but there's the matter of absorbing the characters and story concurrently

I'll concede that the movie looks sakuga as hell.

careful.. if you mess with her you may get silicosis

>Kayano Ai is using Darkness's exact voice for Alice
Goddammit this is going to be awkward.

Direct sequel to s2?

Remember the third Death Gun that was never arrested?

He comes back and kills Kirito with an extra syringe. For real this time.

Kek

>theater I go to frequently was showing this
>never read or watched SAO but considered going to see it just to see if I recognized any weebs there
kinda regret not going desu

They're actually just introducing the main characters from S3 into the video games first.
Sinon and Yuuki also appeared within the video games before the second season, too.

Maybe his haxxor skills are more common in that age?

So that's Johnny Black? I just finished reading the GGO arc in the novels. It was pretty decent. Does PoH ever show up later?

>Does PoH ever show up later?
Yep... Though he was completely unrelated, and it was sheer chance.

So Laughing Coffin doesn't have much of a part to play in the later novels then?

The "guild" is pretty much gone. But PoH does end up being a threat in the second half of next arc.

At the end of the movie, Kikuoka introduces the next big thing, "Welcome to Rath."

Screen turns black, "SAO will return."

her hair is space, why

We already know alicization is on the way, but thanks

>Reminder that Silica is the sexiest and most do-able!

Yeah, if you like 10 year olds

expensive still

Nope, im the roy Smash 4 guy.

I mean, yeah.

The story isnt something phenomenal by any means, even tho they did work on Kirito's personality and in his relationship with asuna, he is still a power fantasy character.
But the music and animation so good, hell, almost all of the fanaservice is also played for laughs.

So yeah, its not the most intelligent thing out there, but the movie is just good.

You must watch the first two seasons to understand anything.

The movie wont explain shit.

>She's 15 as of Ordinal Scale

her nose is fucked up

That sucks. I remembered Kirito saying there were like 10 members left or so. Besides Johnny, Xaxa and PoH I thought they would bring in more.

The movie gave a quick summary of what went down on SAO. You won't lose anything important besides wondering the details of how Kirito and friends exactly met up.

Well, they dont explain what exactly happened on Fairy Dance or Phantom Bullet.

So you might not get when certain characters from those sagas appear.
Like Sinon or Recon.

Yeah, but the movie plot was mainly tied to SAO which what needed to be covered. Everything else is can be considered fan-service for us that have been following the series until now.

This movie reminded me why you never do a Ctrl+X when a Ctrl+C will still get the job done.

I still highly recommend you seeing the rest of the series before the movie.

So, when you see *that* character on screen, it does have an impact on you.