So after Sidonia and now this, Can we finally agree that Nihei is washed up?

So after Sidonia and now this, Can we finally agree that Nihei is washed up?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/Y427s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the real Nihei died sometime mid biomega.
imgur.com/a/Y427s

yeah, pls buy merch

I blame his daughter for this.

A bit early to say this after one chapter.

Would his old self return if she dies?

>gray and white
>moe
At least the pilot is pretty edgy. Plus, that shonen MC looking kid is ded.

BLAME! his daughter.

Biomega is still the best out of his works that I've read. Blame and sidonia don't deserve their fame

>crazy nip produces amazing stuff
>gets cash money
>woman clings to him and draws away his life force
>nip no longer crazy
>no longer produces amazing stuff

a sad story, seen all too often

biomega was great until the spaceworm

But Biomega was such a fuckin mess.

His work was always moe

Not washed up. Just... gone.

I'll just agree that Cibo is best girl.

I'll just agree to that too.
Movie soon

I don't understand why he stopped using CG so fast

what went so wrong

I liked the first chapter. I don't understand what anyone would find so disagreeable with it.

Doesn't look like anything went wrong to me. What don't you like?

you like it, we understand you fucking retard
fuck off

Is there a problem with liking Nihei?

But Sidnoia was great, I bet you're just still butthurt that Tsumugi won.

said no one ever

I just did, stop being a retard.

You are literally mentally damaged then.

At least I can still enjoy every Nihei work.

it's like the bastard child of Biomega and a high school rom-com. I don't Blame! Nihei for trying, I just didn't enjoy the focus that was chosen while leaving out so many other things

Looks like he finished all the black ink.

Nope, Sidonia was great and this seems quite fun so far.

Of course, you wafufags like eating a shitty rom-com.Anything catering to wiafufag is shit

> muh /m/

Nope.

To my eyes, the negative change came from the increasing of fixation on "biology" and "naturalness" over time. In the original Blame and the true Blame, there are virtually no elements which are "alive". For whatever reason, Nihei seems to have wanted to draw biologically-focused stuff after Blame, and that begins in mid-Biomega/early-Abara. He also seemed to want to draw 'more-coherent' action sequences. Ultimately, I think these directions led him to bad habits and practices in his later stuff. In Nihei's earlier works, life is characterized by activity more than appearance. In his later works, life is characterized by appearance rather than activity. By this, I mean that things which are characterized as "alive" (including humans, active settlements, organisms) tend to be connoted by looser and wigglier lines and the colour *white* (or simply 'light shades') in later Nihei works; the colour black (or simply 'darker shades') tends to represent inactivity or irrelevance.

Examine this page as a randomly-selected source of what I mean about 'life'. I'll start with the obvious - the gauna is wiggly as fuck; it's alive. The ship on the upper right panel has two 'components': the damaged part, and the undamaged part. The damaged part of the ship has loose lines both on its self and stringing off of it: it is the active part of the panel, and it is thereby "alive". The undamaged part does not have loose or wiggly lines, as it is inactive on this page. [name]'s face and the information on her helmet are both white - they are active, alive. The helmet itself and her hair are black - they are not active, they are not "alive". The screentone on the central panel is dark - it is space, which is innately not active or alive. But, as the screentone approaches the active figure in the foreground, it get progressively lighter.

Adhering to practices like these in order to achieve better results in depictions of biology and action is what changed Nihei's art.