Austria needs new fighter jets - we narrowed it down to 3 yesterday

Many thanks for all the advice on our new Austrian fighter jet procurement yesterday. I believe we narrowed it down to 3 options:

A. The Swedish Gripen, a sturdy, cheap little plane in use with many foreign airforces, especially in Central and Eastern Europe

B. The veteran F/A-18, but not the Super Hornet, but used, refurbished ones. A good plane, in use with several countries including Switzerland. Canada is currently buying used ones from Australia.

C. The F-35: the most advanced fighter jets to purchase these days, it has dropped in price recently and is ready to patrol the skies of Europe for decades to come.

Eliminated: F-16, it is too old, too used, too little future. Eurofighter: those are the ones we are replacing. French Rafale: too costly (see problems in France) and the French don't want to sell a turnkey version of it. All Russian made fighters: for political reasons. F-15SE: too costly and likely a bad choice for a multirole jet with a focus of quick interceptions and snowy environments.

So, which is the best option? Requirements are A. quick interception of unauthorized air introducers, civilians or military (note, we have negotiated the possibility to continue interceptions even outside Austrian airspace), B. shooting down terrorist hijacked airplanes, C. in case of war, defending the airspace against Hungarian, Czech, Slovak or Slovenian-Croatian flown jets.

C.

Buy it from us, faggot

buy australian planes like a good goy

>us

Most of it is made in Italy.

>buy australian planes like a good goy
I think you have sold all your F/A-18s to Canada. We would have to buy used F/A-18s from good old America.

I hate sweden but I believe that grinpen is the best option for austrian pockets
Even if you have experience with the ef2000 which may make it a better option

Gripen seems like a good choice. Basically Russia-tier operational costs combined with good capability. Might not be quite as capable as other new generation planes in some respects, but it definitely is the most bang for your buck by far.

Why do non-factor countries pretend like they need a military?

Why would anyone dash out billions on a manned fighter?

>Why do non-factor countries pretend like they need a military?
I don't know, Australia, you tell me.

how can the F-35 even be an option.. kys

Why are they all so dark?

Or virgin basement dwellers pretend they make military decisions, tbqh

>kys

Kuole pois vitun Jonne

F 18 should do well against Su57. Spend the rest in a big beautiful wall

>how can the F-35 even be an option
It is by far the most advanced fighter jet for sale today. And at 85 mill per plane, it is actually cheaper than e.g. the Eurofighter.

>Spend the rest in a big beautiful wall
We are helping Bulgaria to keep the illegals out.

>Slovenian flown jets

Meister yuo being deceived by eine kleine wurzellose clique!

Don't you fly pic related with big bad bombs on them?

We spent $17bn buying 72 of these retarded pieces of shit, we have the largest coastline of any island and we can't even patrol 90% of it.

designed by lockheed in fort worth, texas, usa

A single f-35 is already very fucking powerful. Given it's electronic weapons, and the current trend of weapons becoming more electronic every day, I feel like there's no other option, even though it's very expensive. I'd unironically say a single f35 is worth more than 10 of any other plane on that list, and it's value will only increase as antiaircraft weaponry becomes more and more "intelligent"

just buy some SUs
stop paying for american trash wewuzhidden j*ts

>one of the worst dogfighting planes that exists today

Just like apple products are (((Designed in California)))

Buy lots of Gripen for high-rate operations and training. Buy a few F35 for low-rate specialized missions, maybe one or two squadrons. Select those pilots from the best of the Gripen force.

>C. in case of war, defending the airspace against Hungarian, Czech, Slovak or Slovenian-Croatian flown jets.
topkek

The only one on that list that I'd trust to not fuck us over are the croats, and even with them I'm not 100% sure

Those original claims by that American general have proven false.

There is a lot of skuttlebutt surrounding the F-35 but day-to-day training is proving that the F-35 is paying off and is more formidable than some of it's early detractors would've believed.

You will join the Gripen masterrace. Mark my words, Austria.

Wow, I didn't even know we had any Eurofighters.

Learn something new every day.

F35 has room for bigger dicks, so you can probably just go for the Swede shit. Plus the Swede plane comes with all Somali ground crews.

clearly the meme jet

Well, national bro, we are in the Eurovision Song Contest as well.

> F-35 ......it has dropped in price recently
NO refunds

>a sturdy, cheap little plane
>sturdy
>cheap

Go for the Gripen already, as if we had a choice!

the 60's called. they want their air warfare doctrine back.

>in case of war, defending the airspace against Hungarian, Czech, Slovak or Slovenian-Croatian flown jets.
>against

Uhh, what?

B. F-18's are the way to go
-At about €17 million a piece its the cheapest. -Also with 8 countries currently using its as a main fighter the parts are going to be available
-And It would be cheap to upgrade to the "advanced" super hornet w/ stealth capabilities

>not buying superior croatian fully stealth MiG-21

why these are honorary Aryans, cant you tell?

I say go for Gripen, it's cheap and perfect for your climate and the roles it needs to perform.
I might be slightly biased though.

>gib mountain german money.

>to not fuck us over are the croats
>to not fuck us over
>croats
Good luck!!

>buying a jet from a foreign nation that may with hold parts later

cucked by a continental island a million miles away, how does it feel europoors?

Yeeess gib us that sweet sweet jew gold!

Sweden is the best choice then since we're always neutral. :)

What sort of books would you recommend to understand modern air warfare tactics?

The only thing that is fishy is that you are destroying 96 of your Gripens for no good reason.

Why not just lease those old ones to us for cheap money for 15 yrs or so?

They are old outdated versions of the Gripen that will just cost more then they are worth to fix.

Gripen is the best choice

>They are old outdated versions of the Gripen that will just cost more then they are worth to fix.
7yrs old on average... those were the ones you wanted to sell to us in 2002 for delivery in 2005 or 2006. And now you say they are outdated?

we're not playing chess, croatbro

this might be the most detectable jet ive seen so far, like, ever

We are in the exact same situation, F-35s too expensive tho,

Those are all planes unable to gain air supperiorty against any advanced adverseries. You might as well don't buy planes and buy Cruise missiles tactical/theatre balistic missiles, new heavy artillery and new close range and wide range air defense instead.

Just buy refurbished F16

Fuck it. We have an economy like Taiwan, raise the budget to 4 % and buy 100 F-35.

I always thought that the MiG-21 was one of the coolest looking jets.

Full retard procureme t. The f18s you want are at end of life on the air frames. Grips are obsolete and useless why buy from the 90's? F35 will be the last mammed fighter and will come down in price just wait for the kinks to be sorted out.

Might as well just go full retard build brand new f4 phantoms and f8 crusaders with modern tech to cover interdiction and ground attack roles.

From what I could find online the reason to scrap those planes is because our government has ordered 60 of the latest version of the gripen and they just think its unnecessary to keep the old ones even tho they are more then capable of staying in service, from what I could find many people involved in the Swedish military are not happy with them being scrapped.

But they are already rather useless in gaining air supperiorty and the air frames we are talking about are older than 25 years so the years of maintainace coasts below replacement coasts are likley not to numerus.

>C. in case of war, defending the airspace against Hungarian, Czech, Slovak or Slovenian-Croatian flown jets.
Haha you dumb retard
we will come invade you through the land
are you fucking retarded, we have like 5000 miles of border why would we even invest in sending shitplanes to you
Czech occupation armies can just swoop in from Military Base Bratislava commonly known as MBB.

Austrians are actually so fucking stupid.

be a good goy and buy a few more of our old tranche 1 Typhoons so we can replace them with new tranche 4 ones.

Sven speaks the thruth. No matter where you are aligned and who you fight against, Sweden will sell weapons and parts to you. It is something to consider.

Sweden, pls gib tank technology. It worked out well the last time.

the lessons to use it are extra

>A. The Swedish Gripen
>B. The veteran F/A-18
>C. The F-35
What a (((coincidence))), our country faced the same choices.

Actually, you don't have a choice.
It's already decided behind closed doors you will buy the F35. Just like we did.

Because Mongolians invaded and breed with them countless times.

Japanese are honorary Aryans, not chinks.

Yes...good...everyone buy our f35 while we finish our sr-72

But still not having them can mean the difference between winning or loseing a war. Maybe the swedish goverment doesn't want to win wars this would certianly do a lot in explaining their immigration policy.

PAY FOR MY PLANE

Chinks aren't honorary aryans only japs are. GTFO.

You say that like it is a good thing. Lock mart can really screw up a program and go wayyyy over budget even when tightly managed.

They probably only ever existed on paper and the money was scammed away or were just a part of a fake budget that made things look better than they were.

I cant see your pic where is it ?