Dragon quest intro

sub Sup Forums just found the Arabic intro to Dragon Quest anime.

youtube.com/watch?v=3oAdKb9uVqE

desu I found it better than the original and the English dubbed vertion.

>Based on Dragon Quest
>Excellent arranged music from the games
>Kind of like DB, but more serious in tone and different enough to have it's own atmosphere.
>Overseas sucess

How in the fuck did the show get cancelled? How come we are in the year of our lord 2017 and there hasn't been an adaptation of the remaining 66% of the manga?
Is it a matter of time?

ivan

It got cancelled? Is that why it ended so early? Fuck, I would pay money to see it completed

Remake any day now.

Look how smooth and fluid Toei animation used to be compared to now

>VALIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENTE FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>NADIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN TE VENSERA

When I was little I cried when crocodine died

it really bothers me how much Square Enix spends so much money on those CGI Final Fantasy movies while DQ doesn't anything

Dai manga got shafted despite being one of Shonen Jump most popular manga during its run

Roto manga got a movie that barely covered anything from the manga, the manga itself have a cult following and its sequel is still running and selling ok for a title in Gangan, yet no tv anime

Sora manga is 8 volumes and ongoing but will probably ends without ever getting an anime

fucking Enix spend some money promoting your franchise
it's its 30th anniversary for fuck sake do something neat for the fans

>venCera

was this good?

Well, if nothing else, I love the art style. Totally classic.

Man Dai no Daiboken was fucking great.

The manga is great. It's the classic hero's journey. But even better because shonen tropes.

Where are you reading Sora?

How did the Dai manga get shafted? It was completed. Or do you mean they cut it short? Maybe because I read it in one go, but it was starting to get a little stale, so I'm glad it ended when it did. Although I would've been ok with one more arc to settle with Killvearn, instead of having him die like a bitch in the last few pages.

Dai No Daibouken was incredible. Why didn't they continue the anime to the latter half? Why didn't they ever make a release here in the States? Why was the ending for the manga so shit? Also Marm best girl.

>dragon quest anime
>doesn't resemble dragon ball
Huh.

The artstyle tried to copy Dragon Ball early on but the started shifting over into its own artstyle as time went on.

Why hasn't there been a new DQ anime? Seems like a no brainer.

Well if it's an original series I don't think it would capture the same magic as Dai No Daibouken, however if we're talking about OVAs then that could work. Would love to see an anime series of 3, 4, 5 myself. By the way who else here is excited for Dragon Quest XI?

I read this manga back when I was like 8, how was the anime?

>By the way who else here is excited for Dragon Quest XI?
I am. Probably going to play it with full sprites on the 3ds.

I'm thinking of getting a PS4 solely for it because the game looks absolutely gorgeous.

I dunno whats worse.

Knowing that dqstars and dqmj3 pro will never be available in the us along side tons of other games, or knowing that those 2 first games are gonna have a dai no daibouken collab?

FUCK SQUENIX! THEY ARE JUST AS BIG AS ASSHOLES AS KONAMI!

>or knowing that those 2 first games are gonna have a dai no daibouken collab?
Wait hold up what?
>FUCK SQUENIX! THEY ARE JUST AS BIG AS ASSHOLES AS KONAMI!
Until they pull an "Erotic Violence" I would say no.

Well, to be specific, stars already had it, joker 3 hasnt yet, it was only announced, and we dont know what will have.

No really this is the first I'm hearing about these games having a dai no daibouken collab. Please elaborate a bit more. Like are there characters from dai no daibouken being brought over into the games or something?

>"Erotic Violence"

The only thing i know about the dq collab is that is for special items, i only watched tv spots around SHT in streaming.

The announcement for the joker 3 one was flashed alongside the release commercial for joker 3, nothing more than a logo and some text.

I imagine in the joker one you will get to scout dai-only monsters or fight against the 6 generals and hadler, but thats only supposition.

Im sure if you write "hoshi no dragon quest dai no daibouken" in japanese can get you somewhere for the dqstars collab.

>I imagine in the joker one you will get to scout dai-only monsters or fight against the 6 generals and hadler, but thats only supposition.
Oh fuck I hope that's real. I want Crocodine and Flazzard. Also I hope they add Dark Marm as well because why not?