ITT: manga that you found instrumental to your process of self-discovery and self-overcoming

ITT: manga that you found instrumental to your process of self-discovery and self-overcoming

I only wish I had read it when I was still a teen.

the first footjob doujin i read

I''S and Great Teacher Onizuka.
I read them when I was in highschool

GTO blew me away as a kid.

what do you call it when you self-discover but neglect self-overcoming in favor of sitting in your room and analyzing all your flaws and neuroses

what do you mean

Every manga helps me overcome my natural excellence and get closer to being a useless NEET.

It feels bad when you relate to one of the most hated characters in manga history. But it didn't change my circumstance, just acted as a reminder. I am a fuck up. I should not try and overreach. My life has become more normal now.

lol what a fucking nerd.

"I self discovered myself and overcame my demons through this manga"

hahahahah get a life you pampered, overgrown kid

>what do you call it when you self-discover but neglect self-overcoming in favor of sitting in your room and analyzing all your flaws and neuroses
I call it relatable content.

huh, interesting choice.

Where you in an urge to murder people or something or is it just the physical aspect from wimp to buff dude that you liked?

Punpun

>no new chapter
>no new vagabond chapter either

i cant believe inoue left us hanging like that.

And why is that? It was probably the most riveting story of self-overcoming that I've read in manga.

Also, it's funny how both of our end digits are 62.

The first arc in Shamo and Berserk inspired me to start lifting.

You shouldn't hate punpun. He's just a product of his fucked up circumstances.
Punpun was just a flawed human that made rash decisions while focusing on the wrong things (getting laid isn't nearly as important as he thought)

i read the whole thing on friday and it seriously fucked me up

Because it's fairly obscure manga, you'd hardly see it mentioned so that alone is surprising, and I never really felt like the message it had was that intense psychologically or emotionally.

Fear and stagnation.

Lol are you serious? You mean to tell me that all of the prisoners sacrificing themselves for Gai didn't move you? It might seem edgy but I was able to connect with Gai's longing for independence. I think we can both agree that it was a great manga tho. Easily my favorite by FKMT.

Solid manga.

>Lol
Fuck off.

Inspiration can come from anywhere.

GTO anime was better. Except for the ending

damn Inoue...
Shame on people like you who recomends amazing mangas with hiperiregular updates.

t. le oldfag

>anyone in punpun
>hated

>google to see what language the "hiperiregular" misspelling comes from
>find this
Fuck off and kill yourself, literal redditor.

Weakness.

>not indulging in fiction for the sole purpose of improving your own life
Why do you read manga, then? Are you just wasting your time?

You couldn't tell already from his use of ellipses?

Obviously, I'm living the NEET dream just

"Blue Giant"

This should be bannable.

Patrician.

As long as you accept and is happy with who you are, maturity, honestly.

Not him but literally everything you do in your life can be considered a waste o time. What we do, we do to kill time and to give a momentary or lasting purpose to our existence, nothing more.

Anyway, the main purpose of manga or any sort of entertainment product is to be enjoyable. If being deep or having some grand meaning is something that's enjoyable for you, that's on you, but don't try to force the idea that you read manga for self-improvement. If improving yourself was all that you were seeking, then I can assure you that you would never bother to waste your time with manga or anime.

>If improving yourself was all that you were seeking, then I can assure you that you would never bother to waste your time with manga or anime.
Or posting on Sup Forums but that's a given

This manga right here. Read it right after high school.

I'm still not sure if I understand the ending.

It is.

I can't pick out specific pages, but both Molester Man and Koe no Katachi had a pretty significant impact on me.
Highly recommend reading them if you haven't yet.

Call it cringe if you want, but this manga seriously changed the way I see life.

Self-loathing is generally a bad character-trait and you (guys) must abandon it if you want to be happy.

Molester Man is one thing even if it's overrated, but Koe no Katachi is fucking shit. Is the mere mention of bullying enough to have an impact on you, or what?

That's not a lie though nor am I self loathing. If I really was devoting myself to self improvement I would drop posting on this site and a number of other forums. There are better ways to spent my time but since I choose not to here I am.

Here we are together for a split second in cyberspace.

For the reasons you and I have both mentioned, I usually don't even post on this board. I lurk it to get NEETs' opinions on what good anime/manga I might be interested in watching/reading.

It is because of this board-culture's self-loathing and lack of self-improvement that I tend to stay away from you anons.

I love/hate you guys so much it hurts.

Back to lurking, goodbye.

Next time you make your annual post, please don't double-space everything.

>For the reasons you and I have both mentioned, I usually don't even post on this board. I lurk it to get NEETs' opinions on what good anime/manga I might be interested in watching/reading.
>It is because of this board-culture's self-loathing and lack of self-improvement that I tend to stay away from you anons.

Jesus Christ, I want to strangle you so badly.

Interacting with people, especially in such a site with so many eccentric posts such as Sup Forums can actually be good for you, just need to know how to filter all the memes and useless nonsense.

Also, it can help you to improve your arguing skills, given that you argue a lot here.

especially in a site with so many eccentric posts like Sup Forums*

>It is because of this board-culture's self-loathing and lack of self-improvement that I tend to stay away from you anons.
You have completely missed the point of the posting chain and are projecting some stuff into this that wasn't present. The original phrase of

>If improving yourself was all that you were seeking, then I can assure you that you would never bother to waste your time with manga or anime.

Is what that user says. I respond by saying that someone trying to really improve themselves would distance themselves from this site since it is a time sink. Sure there are moments of creativity when anons get together and create something more than excellent threads. But those moments haven't happened in recent years. I don't hate coming here and I don't hate anime, but I recognize that if I wanted to improve upon the things in my life that I really want too I need to spend my time better.

Instead of waxing philosophical listen to what people tell you for once.

>Interacting with people, especially in such a site with so many eccentric posts
You're not wrong, this site has a lot of ecclectic persons browsing it. But spending time here just to brush up my argumentative skills isn't going to do much if I don't go somewhere else to apply it.

Like most things in life, it's a matter of balance. We don't need to stop posting on Sup Forums or watching anime in order to improve ourselves, however, doing nothing but watching anime and posting on Sup Forums won't do much for us in terms of self-improvement, it's the excess and lack of variation that's the problem, not Sup Forums or anime themselves.

Anyway, what people have to understand is that you don't need to always search for something that will be of practical use for you in everything you do. Doing something just because it's enjoyable is reason enough to do It. Enjoying life and doing things that we like is just as important as improving ourselves, especially because most of the time we will choose to improve ourselves in areas that are enjoyable to us anyway.

The thing is that people always try to validate their life choices, they want to justify and give importance to what they do, so they say retarded bullshit like the sole purpose of fiction being self-improvement. Even the way this sentence is spelled sounds stupid, the person wants nothing but to improve and to do that It chooses to consume fucking fiction of all things.

Battle Angel Alita
Hotel
Early One Piece
Berserk
Veritas

The World is Mine
Kokou no Hito

What was there to not understand?

Name?

>asking for sauce on Sup Forums
you fucking homunculus

Aku no Hana, Punpun and Ai-ren all helped me see the world through another perspective and come to terms with my anti-social self-loathing personality.

Thanks.

Berserk because I'm in love with the idea of struggling. [blog] As a former procrastinator I'm obviously no Guts, but I aim to develop a willpower like his and to cherish the very process of struggling rather than the results it brings, and channel this sort of primal anger Guts has into my efforts. Also I started lifting because of it [/blog]

tl;dr: i really want to fuck some shit up

Please save my earth
Hana yori dango
Tokyo Babylon

Disclaimer, these are impactful from a teen in the 90s, the old man in TB messed me up for days

More recently,
Real
Drunken dreams and other stories
Drifting classroom

And others I can't think of right now cuz I'm knee deep in snow

I was the bully

not manga, but this VN

>We don't need to stop posting on Sup Forums or watching anime in order to improve ourselves,
I would disagree and in my life when I hit times where I actually want to get things accomplished the first thing I usually drop are video games, manga/anime, and any reading not associated with my current goal. I've just found that cutting these things out completely is better than trying to shoehorn them in around work schedules and personal study. You might be different but that's what's great about the human experience; it's different for everyone and there is no one correct answer.

Now if you will remember there are two people you replied too, the "no anime" guy and me the "drop posting on Sup Forums" guy. You can argue that people need a little relaxation in their life but anything you can get from this site can also be gained by interacting with other people as well. Why spend my time talking with anons when I have friends I can hang out with and goof off with instead? And isn't it more meaningful to develop the bonds I have with actual people I know and interact with than focusing on this ephemeral board culture? Aside from arguing what actual benefit do I get from this site in your words?

this

>Call it cringe if you want
Berserk is never cringe. There's good advice and lessons in it; and about not only specifically being a man but also just a better person in general. 10/10 answer.

>but anything you can get from this site can also be gained by interacting with other people as well. Why spend my time talking with anons when I have friends I can hang out with and goof off with instead? And isn't it more meaningful to develop the bonds I have with actual people I know and interact with than focusing on this ephemeral board culture? Aside from arguing what actual benefit do I get from this site in your words?
Not the guy you're replying to but nope sorry, there are only things I can get from places like /sci/, /fit/, /his/, etc. that I can't get from people in real life. Part of the reason I even started reading manga (even reading in general, the internet, playing vidya and having the hobbies I do) is because I liked learning but hated the school system and the "bluepill" as it were, mediocre learning, outlooks on life and views, both it and real life were giving me. I viewed and used manga/other hobbies as valuable self improvement tools and still very much hold them in the same regard, on top of being things I enjoy. Also, just spitballing here and not to take away from the explanation you've given, but perhaps another reason you do
>I would disagree and in my life when I hit times where I actually want to get things accomplished the first thing I usually drop are video games, manga/anime, and any reading not associated with my current goal.
;is because you don't really view anime/video games/that reading as "self-improvement" or at least not in the same way, or in the same league, as the things you want to accomplish, work or your study. Perhaps if you looked at anime, manga, or even the things you like to do, but put aside, differently you'd come to see them as more valuable? But either way it is like you said, different strokes for different folks. I've been able to accomplish things in life and still make time to read anime and game while doing so.

fpbp

Punpun unironically made me embrace myself as a shitty person who will always be shitty. Good manga.

Are you me?

Trigun Maximum, since the MC actually pays for what he believes and is actually forced to momentarly abandon his belief to save human lives.

Also Saiyuki from Kazuya Minekura can hit hard, from time to time.

Sakuranbo Syndrome taught me how girls think.
Not a good feeling

I know that not talking to others when I need to is my biggest problem but I still haven't been able to get over it. I've been without friends for years and going back to school has been hard for me when so much of the work is difficult to do alone.