Oh look, a decently interesting fantasy story about an orphan catgirl slave finding a magical talking sword in the woods

>oh look, a decently interesting fantasy story about an orphan catgirl slave finding a magical talking sword in the woods
>then all of a sudden this page
Can't they even write a decent fantasy story anymore without shoving friggin JRPGs and isekai tensei mumbojumbo into it for no reason?

That was pretty much all there was for you know, the 50 or so fucking YEARS of anime before SAO.

You should be thanking God something new is actually happening.

>lol kys
Fuck off, Facebook.

Well, it has a more or less unique twist - we're a sword. I enjoyed the little amount we already have translated.

At least the reason why the swird has thise skills maxed up is funny: he got stuck in a mana absorbing ground, went insane and started to max up random skills to pass the time.

Except at this point VRMMOs/Isekai with MMO elements are flooding the genre.

Normal fantasy is more refreshing now.

>we're

>At least the reason why the swird has thise skills maxed up is funny:
I find it disturbing, the guy is a fucking entitled psychopath. He treats the whole world like a MMO, massacring every nearby resident for their skills

When all you've got is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

So I guess, when all you are is a sword, chop chop motherfucker.

The guy is a fucking pervert that wished to be hold by a hot elf as soon he realized he was a sword. He got a loli instead and is in Paradise.

The JRPG world is so artificial and immersion breaking.

Can you imagine if there was a fad for action movies set in the world of a platformer with platforming mechanics?

Or if 95% of romantic dramas were set in the world of a dating sim where choices actually float in front of everyone's faces like it's fucking Noucome and "love points" and "flags" were built into reality?

>Or if 95% of romantic dramas were set in the world of a dating sim where choices actually float in front of everyone's faces like it's fucking Noucome and "love points" and "flags" were built into reality?
worked well in rewrite

But Noucome was good, although it didn't take itself seriously. My biggest complain with the JRPG and pseudo fantasy is how ridiculous the power level becomes. Everyone is so fucking broken.

The world is presented like a RPG and he's a fucking sword, what else should he do?

>all fantasy needs to be how I want it to WAAAAAAAAHHHHH

When are we getting the next game changer? SAO brought this cancer upon us. I don't even think the authors are fucking bothered anymore, just slap on medieval fantasy and a gimmick then you're good to go. Hell, even most of the recent shit that comes out just makes fun of the isekai tropes and now that's become a trope itself. We've come full circle, the whole genre has transcended the dimension of irony

The problem is that literal JRPG mechanics by their nature really should be a gimmick, but they've become the norm.

At least SAO was an actual videogame and they were trying to escape and death was a very real risk. They weren't on vacation in a world that fulfills all their LARP fantasies.

Maybe the Japanese will start copying China's Xianxia craze. Easy formula for endless variations of exactly the same thing that never ends.

Looks interesting

Even if it's not well written the absence of game elements from a story now make me like them considerably more than I think they deserve.

Wasn't there that one harem anime that was like that?

Try reading the full post next time, champ.

I know, that's what I was responding to. There was another one like that with flags.

So when will he become humanoid sword?

>sao
>isekai

Oh, my fault then. Kanojo ga Flag whatever.

I predict a proper sci-fi comeback.

Source: my ass.

first of all:

-it's isekai
-the MC is that sword

>sword shisho

>the wn translators are slow as fuck

>China's Xianxia craze
Its the fucking same shit, I only see 3 diferences
No reincarnation
Takes place in fantasy china instead of fantasy europe
Main MC motivation is to level up instead of killing the demon lord

4th one you forgot.

The MC is always a massive asshole to everyone, even people whose help he needs or people who he's trying to curry favor with.

Reading them is absolutely painful, because without fail, the MC will at some point think to himself "This person is my superior, it would be advantageous to have him on my side" and then proceed to antagonize said superior repeatedly until challenged to a fight to the death.

I could never get into Xianxia, maybe it's the names that seem so weird.

>Reading them is absolutely painful, because without fail, the MC will at some point think to himself "This person is my superior, it would be advantageous to have him on my side" and then proceed to antagonize said superior repeatedly until challenged to a fight to the death.
if this was played for laughs it could be great, but if it's a genre staple always played seriously that's really dumb

> Random skill gained!
> Random item gained!
> LVL up!
I've read this, getting bored, read the plot until the sword started summoning shit. Blah blah fucking blah.

>"This person is my superior, it would be advantageous to have him on my side"

No, no.

They never think about them being on their side. They think someone stronger than them is trash.

Scifi is too expensive to make, and cant escape the humanoid robot meme.

Japan already did.
Kamen Rider and magical girls have existed a long while back.

That actually makes sense

Xianxia is too cutthroat and edgy and "utilitarian" for modem Japan.

i was more angry at the part where he was a flying sword that didn't even need a person to wield him.

like fuck that he should be purely support for his swordsman.

>battle shounen
>school harems
>isekai
>moeshit

Step it up chinks.

>No reincarnation
But isekai xianxia are super common. Half of them begin with shit like "Liu Yang lived an ordinary school life. But on that day, his peaceful days were torn away from him when he found himself reborn on the merciless Red Claw continent, etc."
>Takes place in fantasy china instead of fantasy europe
Which begs the question of why nips are so culturally cucked they'd rather fellate fantasy Europe than a fantasy version of their own nation.
>Main MC motivation is to level up instead of killing the demon lord
There's like almost no isekai where MC is actually motivated to kill the demon lord. They either want to live their own life away from all this destined hero nonsense or are the demon lord himself or befriend the demon lord or just accidentally kill the demon lord without even meaning to because they're so fucking overpowered.

Or there is no demon lord.

Damn, I realized that Jun Fukuyama would suit nicely as the voice for Master.

If there isn't a demon Lord why did they summon the hero?

>than a fantasy version of their own nation.
because they romanticize knights and dragons and already have shitloads of priest/supernaturally gifted person fighting youkai stuff

True. That's the voice I've been using for him. Fits perfectly.

>Which begs the question of why nips are so culturally cucked they'd rather fellate fantasy Europe than a fantasy version of their own nation.
You mean the place with the actually scary monsters?
All they know of fantasy europe is pop culture knowledge combined with anything dangerous being already fetishised to the point that they aren't really that scary anymore and can be shoved into the harem.

They're not fellating fantasy Europe, they're waxing nostalgic for Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy and Wizardry.

To deal with some other threat. Some people summon heroes in times of peace just because.