What makes this series so stellar?

What makes this series so stellar?

Why can't other anime even compete?

The author is a woman and women make everything great.

Our goddess, Aqua.

Because its the best anime of the decade

This

The meme.

The personalities work well together, so instead of having to make a funny situation for your characters, putting them together in any situation makes it funny

Because it knows to stay lighthearted and not suddenly swing into some serious arc like nearly every other comedy isekai.

Sag

Because it's a comedy series.
Comedy-focused series tend to be awesome because they have editors and assistant writers who are actual comedy professionals do most of the work. There's generally a larger collaborative effort and more expertise than the average piece of genre fiction.

It's harem shit and isekai shit. But it's also the best harem ever and the best isekai ever, so that kind of cancels things out.

It isn't design-by-committee and doesn't try to be profound or "epic" which also helps immensely.

Why is this not a doujin yet?

Because every part of the show works so well, and the whole package is good.
>good music for each situation
>fun op/comfy ed
>fun animation that is dynamic and comedic
>great voice acting (especially kazuma)
>colorful side characters that aren't all 1dimensional wastes of space (yunyun, vanir, wiz, even fucking chomusuke)

It's just a good damn show in every possible way.

People love to shit on LE DEEN QUALITY KEK
But that's because they looked at a couple screenshots of stretched faces
and didn't see the actual animation in context

The unexpectedness.

The absence of actual harem elements (see above).

The focus on personalities.

Kazuma is a true gender equalist

A lot of anime, and japanese media in general has top tier concepts, but fails when it comes to actually making something with it.

Konosuba is the exact opposite.

Glad we got this sorted out. Now start posting sexy memes.

>In some bizarro hipster world memesuba is considered a "stellar" show

pfftt, poorly written and animated isekai garbage is what it truly is.

here they come

>>What makes this series so stellar?
>Isekai, the genre weabos on Sup Forums love
>Waifus
>Pathetic self-insert MC
>Harem

Literally the meme anime of the season.

They miss you in

Why does the wood wall look the same after she punches it?

>What makes this series so stellar?
Yunyun.

Not as much as they miss you in

Hard to say. If I had to choose just one thing, it would be the characters. The characters are great, and the people voicing them do a fantastic job. It's always hilarious to watch the characters interact with each other. The great animation, and clever use of music, also adds a lot to the series. Kono Suba has a certain charm to it, that makes it so enjoyable, and would be difficult for other anime to replicate.

>great voice acting
I can't praise this enough. Listening to the characters bantering is just pure bliss.

Same reasoning behind this.

Because its the greatest anime of the decade

>People love to shit on LE DEEN QUALITY KEK
That was just Kyoaniggers who had no yuri show in the beginning, so they wandered aimlessly into any thread they found.
Now they are contained in their lesbian dragon show threads, and all is right in the world again.

I wouldn't call it the greatest anime of the decade

Aqua is a good girl who can do no wrong. The cutest goddess ever.

>30 replies praising an anime and not one (you) hunter
hmmmm

Darkness actually hit something, even if its Kazushit.
ib4 Kazuma is acctually not that bad, even a more realistic character than the anime portrait of toyota.

Honestly not sure. It's one of the only shows that's made me go out of my way to read all the source material as a result of the anime. I went in expecting some cheap laughs from a shitty isekai and came out very pleasantly surprised. Its one of those shows I know I'll be remembering for years to come where others will be forgotten in a couple years time.

she has no weapon mastery, fists are fine

In the novels they actually say that she hits 1 in 5 swings, and that she usually hits completely stationary targets.

Konosuba is ok

I think all the hype is just standard 'OMG a 6/10 show best anime evar' but it's not like it's shit or anything so that doesn't bother me

no, what I truly fail to understand is how anyone can have a functioning brain and think Aqua is anything but worst girl

So why doesn't she just convert to a Fist Knight?

>People love to shit on LE DEEN QUALITY KEK
The series success may be in part because of DEEN QUALITY rather than in spite of it. It works very well for a comedy series and if it had KyoAni tier animation it would probably be for the worse.

>Darkness actually hit something, even if its Kazushit.
To be fair she hit the wall Kazushit was hiding behind. Yes, she misses even stationary targets, but you actively have to try to miss a fucking wall.

>what I truly fail to understand is how anyone can have a functioning brain and think Aqua is anything but worst girl
dont get it

>6/10

Says you

They can't even draw good faces for fuck sake.

>no, what I truly fail to understand is how anyone can have a functioning brain and think Aqua is anything but worst girl
you'll be glad to hear my highly scientific poll determined most anons already know this (I know I forgot cecily and claire)

Great animation.

>mfw my favorites are towards the top

She is very lovable when she is quiet and gentle and not actively being a jackass. Her scenes in the stable in her jammies are adorable.

Hey now I love me some KyoAni but I am currently failing to pay my utility bill because I am buying KonoSuba stuff. And praying for a season 3.

Learn that good stuff is just good, period.

You screenshotfags, I swear to Aqua.

what kinda stuff are you buying?

I watch this for Kazuma.

Figs, like 250 cards for a /tg/ card game called Weiss Schwarz, card sleeves and sundries for said game, and the usual weeb stuff. Megumin sleeves are selling for $35 right now.

Pic related buyfaggery.

I'd kill 100 orphans who just found loving families for some Figmas or something of Aqua and Megumeme

I briefly noticed some buyfag saying that apperantly all the Aqua figures are made by some company that is complete dogshit in quality. But I literally have no idea about that, just remembered reading it

What?
Kemono Friends is beating the living crap out of it.

Its comedy gold which no series has ever topped. Each joke is funny with a nice punchline that never gets stale or boring. Unironically one of the greatest anime of all time.

Sales dont account for quality. Shit series like yours can sell more too.

>I know I forgot cecily

That's OK, anybody who would call Cecily worst girl deserves to be sent to the camps anyway.

>35 underage teenagers thinking a shitty harem is funny
This is pretty standard by 90's fantasy anime

What Weiss cards are you getting? I

I have a pretty decent Shana deck but haven't played in years.

Except Kemono Friends>>>>>Shitsuba

Whatever you say
At lest we will be getting a season 3

>This is pretty standard by 90's fantasy anime

Which isn't surprising, considering the author is a huge fan of '90s fantasy anime, especially stuff like Slayers.

It's also the reason a lot of us like it so much. I'm sure there are underage teenagers here, but I've also seen tons of 30-somethings pop up in Konosuba threads and say that a lot of why they like it is because it's so much like the series they loved as teenagers. I'm among that group myself.

LN goes to shit tho

Being older doesnt make you smarter or better in any way. If anything you're washed up weaker versions of these teenagers you criticize. In fact it shows your immaturity that you judge people based on such an arbitrary trait to mock the fucking cartoons people like. 26 year old here telling you to kindly fuck off.

I realize you probably think this anime is the best but there's other funny anime. Try watching Sora no Otoshimono - Heavens lost Property in dub. It doesn't look like much but it's probably the funniest anime I've ever seen.

Watch more anime or fuck off.

you'll find out differently when you become a man instead of a manchild

The fan service is a lot better as well if you care about that and the main character is a guy.

Said the man on an anime board.

all the aesthetics of a CGDGT show but with a hetero harem, genius actually

sora was pretty fucking good
and ikaros a cute
but i think baka to test was funnier as a harem comedy echii whatever the fuck

>Another run of the mill harem comedy

No thanks I at least like some originality when watching anime

Fuck off you underage

No user I promise you it's actually good. Just give it a chance.

Demi Chan is also CCDCGT with male MC. How is that genius?

getting triggered eh

I can tell its shit just by reading the description. I will take my time elsewhere. Someone said the same when people were bragging about danmachi and I wont fall for that again.

Please kill yourself. This is a piss-poor ripoff at best and doesn't even deserve to be named within the same paragraph as

Slayers.

I remember thinking the exact thing you're thinking. It looks like a girlish echhi romance series but it was literally one of the funniest comedy anime I've ever seen and I've pretty much seen them all. If you watch the first three episodes in dub I guarantee you'll end up watching all of it.

i dont know why but i love it

>Comparing two different genres with one another

Might as well compare apples to oranges. Dont be mad Konosuba is the pinnacle of its genre.

Vastly overstated. They are not topnotch or anything but well worth displaying and comparatively cheap. It's just that the breadth of quality involved in these things means that everything that's not a 9-10/10 is automatically a 0 for some jerkasses. The ones in question are more like a good 7.5/10 and are under $55.

The amount of times people has said that to my face and shoveled me shit is too many times to count

Shill your anime elsewhere

i hate deen art but you may be right

WHY I AM SO GLAD YOU ASKED there is a whole KonoSuba set that shall be arriving from Moonland to my very doorstep tomorrow!

Whatever else you watch instead will be objectively inferior.

So what? You're just never going to watch one of the best comedy anime ever?

ok now leave the thread pls

For some reason I always get heavens lost property and my bride is a mermaid mixed up. I always think the gun festival happened in my brides a mermaid for whatever reason.

Because they've made an almost perfect MC along with top tier comedy.

Not only can Kazuma be alpha at times he also can be a huge fucking pussy, He has a nice balance to him.

That's been done many times before in comedy anime.

Konosuba is just one of the few good comedy anime we've had in a long time but it's by no means the best in any way in my opinion. I think it's just the sheer fact that nothing funny is really being made anymore is what makes it stand out.

I'll admit I like Konosuba a lot and it gets me to chuckle every now and then and sometimes the shit has me rolling like that one episode where Kazuma visits that psychic whore house but I remember watching Heavens lost Property and literally crying because I was laughing so hard at points.

It was the grandpa scenes.

>Might as well compare apples to oranges.
Apples and oranges are the same genre. They are both fruit.

And oranges >>> apples.

I can't even come up with an MC close to Kazuma's level.

It's the deconstruction of Re:Zero.

Araragi