Well Sup Forums, I'm finally about to watch the start of Steins;Gate...What should I expect?

Well Sup Forums, I'm finally about to watch the start of Steins;Gate...What should I expect?

How far in should I be able to tell if this isn't for me, or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/ON5JW
youtube.com/watch?v=VE51Xz9XD1I
youtube.com/watch?v=fueq8XN6U1A
youtube.com/watch?v=tQaDNNbXMxA
youtube.com/watch?v=BaKI2o2MLzs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

24 episodes

You can expect one of ( if not) the best Sci fi series ever

Why would you save that picture if you havent seen it. DELETE THIS

>those faces

>What should I expect?
You will love Moeka more anything else.

>watching the anime before reading the VN

I seriously hope you don't do this.

It's great fun. I find it a bit overrated considering its hype level, but it's a great series overall that certainly isn't bad. It's just a small slice of the VN it came from though so a lot of discussion on Sup Forums will be beyond the anime and into the side material and expanded world.

Just watch it. It's probably the easiest to spoil anime ever.

You need a couple of lengthy sentences to fully spoil steins gate.
Sure you can spoil who or so dies or he or she is actually this but they are pretty insignificant compared to the big picture

I have no method of going about getting the VN though.. >_

Was it rape?

I just finished the movie.
I get what they were trying to do, and it had cute moments, but still it made little sense.

I think episode 25 was a better end.

You are probably going to watch one of the only few genuinely good things that have come from Anime and Manga.

Avoid this thread and go to watch it, if you can play the VN it's even better

The movie isn't canon.

Read the visual novel.

couldnt they just kill a random person to save her

Memes and outdated 2ch references.
That shit is boring as hell.

>tfw there won't be a S;G2 thanks to R;N and neither Okabe or any other SciADV MCs will be able to beat the The Committee of 300 since they're a fucking video game

I hope Pollon manages to do something although he looks like a faggot

>SciADV is just a bunch video games
Well, it's not like we couldn't see it coming

>...
>>>/reddit/

Not only are you a secondary, but you're a fucking peasant as well with shit tier taste. You should always read the source material before watching the adaptations of media. In the vast majority of cases the original work is miles better than then the new one.

Just watch it. I went in knowing that it was about a bunch of otaku going on a time-travelling adventure, and it was great.

The more you are spoiled, the worse it will be for you

There's literally jack shit you can spoil for this series.

I haven't watched the anime.

There are like 14 hours of nothing happen.

SVN is going to flop

Good, you'd be better off watching the anime and then playing the VN. Play the VN first and you might be disappointed with what was left out of the anime. Watch the anime first then the VN is more enjoyable with all the new info and more detailed explanations of what you already know.

unfortunately the OVA/Episode 25 isn't considered canon either but it is canon in my eyes

someone doesn't understand attractor field convergence mechanics

Kill yourself.

No surprise that you literally can't speak english.

Stupid faggot.

imgur.com/a/ON5JW
and that's how that happened

The movie had some emotion moments, like the "Forget Me" scene, that was good imo.

I suppose the movie is passable if you completely ignore the already established worldline mechanics.

also here's some high-quality low-effort OC

Didn't they establish in episode 23 that they could return to the present in time travel?

Play the VN.

>be me
>start watching steins gate
>thought it was going to be action packed sci fi shit
>15 episodes in, still waiting
>its going to pick up soon
>any moment now john connor will pop up
>last episode.
>tfw i was anticipating for something that was never in the anime the whole time.

my experience was ruined. learned my lesson to never go in with expectations. honestly i think i got it confused with some other plot.

Shame this wasn't in the VN

youtube.com/watch?v=VE51Xz9XD1I

There are still chances that they connect SciADV and SVN more, and we already wouldn't be able to have a game of a decent amount of main characters from each game because of how much getting all the seiyuus would cost. Even then, we might still get something nice, I have some ideas of what they could do, but with Chiyo nobody knows, so we can only wait and see.

What? That's not what breaks the canon, it's the whole "'R' world line" thing that makes no sense because world lines should not have any ability to shift on and then off again without a triggering cause. There's only one world to be on a line.

dude what

not only that, but there is only 1 active worldline at any given moment (which Okabe is the observer of)

In any event, zero pretty much showed how non canon the movies are. Okabe isn't disappearing at all.

Most adaptation would just straight up use the tracks from the VN and be done with it.
I thought it's quite amazing that they manage to create some good original tracks here.

since the ovas are not canon, are the shorts canon?

youtube.com/watch?v=fueq8XN6U1A

Is this in The Sound of Steins Gate?

Anime soundtracks weren't included in The Sound of Steins Gate.

As canon as Phenogram and Darling

reeee. What albums are they on?

So everyone will eventually regain their memories? Right?

Welp you've already been spoiled on the twist in your image.
The first half is cozy SoL with light sci-fi elements and the second half is a save the world and/or my waifu drama with some convoluted time travel twists. It's pretty good.
It's on Pirate Bay for Christ's sake holy fuck are you literally 13

What if some other MC comes up with a way to bring the SciADV protags into "reality" through some kinds of space-time dimensional portal and then they all have sweaty gay sex

The scene where Plane tells Kurisu he doesn't care if he dissappears is really good too.

We'll get a s;g2 some day, it would be an opportunity wasted not to make more money on a young franchise.

Okabe. Not plane.

That and drunk Kurisu, where she alluded to them having sex in America.

Album for the anime OST.
Pretty easy to find really

How would you go about making a SciAdv fighting game plot?
>After R;N
>Random people have been connected against their will to a Noah bootleg project where a delusional/matrix world is made from their minds and memories
>One of these people happens to be Okabe, whose reeding steiner overloads the system and causes other people gaining memories and attributes from different world lines + balancing ages (Since Suzuha is child during R;N she ages up and gains alpha & beta worldline memories etc.)

There would propably be 4 types of fighters:
1.Gigalomaniacs
>Takumi etc.
2.Those who can fight irl
>Nae, Suzuha, Braun, Moeka
3.those who have jacked and modified those rucksacks people carried in C;H to give them an edge
>Kurisu, Kaito, Frau
4. And those who by sheer willpower can alter the matrix/delusion they are connected to despite note being gigalomaniacs
>Okabe, Akiho

Kaito would play like Carl C. From Blazblue, commanding a mech/robot,
Okabe would just Chuuni everyone in the face and Takumi would just summon Seiras and weapons and traps around.

youtube.com/watch?v=tQaDNNbXMxA
it's ok, you're not a faggot if you cried

youtube.com/watch?v=BaKI2o2MLzs

I cried.

>As canon as Phenogram and Darling
so
they are

Abo loves composing for SciAdv.

I feel like this scene is much better in the anime than in the VN. Here it is implied that Okabe has to cry alone and nobody can truly understand his pain.
In the VN the line is "You can cry if you want to, okay?" and Mayuri even goes on about how he can open himself up to her, which doesn't have the same impact.

Not really explained too well.
Faris somehow being able to have the memories from two timelines simultaneously is kind of glossed over. Even Okabe with a fully active Reading Steiner can't do that.

Bullshit, the anime doesn't even show him break down after she says it.

Chesire Break user. She talks about it in the VN.

>How far in should I be able to tell if this isn't for me, or not?

This doesn't make any sense, just watch the first episode you fucking idiot.

That's kind of what I like about it. Mayuri's line implies that this the inevitable breakdowns are something he will have to deal with on his own.

I agree that the big breakdown when he fails to save Kurisu the first time is much better and more raw in the VN though.

That's not the point of the scene though. The point was that Okabe is (and always was) pretending to be Kyouma to look strong for Mayuri's sake, but she sees through the act and tells him he doesn't need to do it anymore, and that he should worry about himself now. It's supposed to emphasize how well Mayuri can perceive other people's emotions as well as how caring she is. Mayuri is the last person I could think of that would tell Okabe to deal with his problems on his own, and the fact that you derived that interpretation from the scene in the anime shows that it failed to get the message across.

Well you just spoiled yourself the one part that is actually interesting, and that's halfway through the fucking show. The rest is just resolution with only a bit of interesting things thrown in.

Anyone know where one would go about reporting typos in the 0 translation patch?

Yeah, I'm aware of what the scene is supposed to convey in the VN. I'm just saying that I like the way the anime did it better. Okabe truly being the lonely observer and Mayuri seeing his pain, but knowing that she can't understand what he has been through made it feel more depressing as well as making Mayuri seem a little bit deeper.

If you haven't played SG0, play it. That's basically the whole theme; Okabe is the lone sky clad observer who has lost his bright Orihime

Mayuri will seem a whole lot deeper as you get through 0.

>get shot in the head
>still alive
>able to speak coherently

Boy oh boy I sure do love science

I heard somewhere that Chaos;Child is a continuation of Chaos;Head's bad end. Is this true or is it bullshit?

Which translation patch? Committee of Zero's?

Depending on where you are shot and how the bullet travels into the brain, that's highly possible.

It's a continuation of C;H's true end and C;H LCC's true end. Who told you it was from bad end? That's not possible as entries like R;N which take place long after C;H still show Takumi is alive.

Just make sure you watch moore than 12 episodes

The only series more obscenely overrated than this pseudo intellectual trash is re zero.

>Committee of Zero's?
Yes. It's only minor typos in the tips so far but if there's a chance of fixing it I might as well report it.