So, with all the CR drama I was wondering

So, with all the CR drama I was wondering
I know HS use CR subs but they do their own encodes or use CR video too?

Other urls found in this thread:

diff.pics/Tb0D8sX0IXXX/4
diff.pics/bUmsBAsbDNVc/3
youtube.com/watch?v=20PwaJYcnuk
youtube.com/watch?v=031vKBPk5eA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They use CR video. But because they grab the videos immediately after release, and since CR downgrade the quality of their videos after 24 hours, HS rips are better quality forever.

>paying for a CR subscription

No issues then

Of course, CR video quality prior to their downgrading suffers from issues. There are groups out there that take CR/Funi/HS subs and stick them on higher quality video, though I don't know there's anyone who does that for everything they put out.

why did they photoshop the pic to make it look like she wasn't caught masturbating?

so they can post that on anime centric facebook pages without problem

what's the problem with paying it? it's only $7/m

You can get better quality video for free that isn't on a time limit. Why would you pay for an inferior service?

Because it's the only way to support shows other than buying blurays, which I'm sure your entitled ass would never do. Cheapskates like you are the reason anime is dying.

Buy BDs then if you're that concerned. Don't support this horrible company that screws its own customers.

Make all the assumptions you want, a crunchyroll subscription is not a useful way to support the anime industry. The only thing you are supporting is crunchyroll.

>But because they grab the videos immediately after release, and since CR downgrade the quality of their videos after 24 hours, HS rips are better quality forever.
>CR downgrade the quality of their videos after 24 hours
What the fuck? Aren't crunchyshit punishing their paying customers while pirates get to enjoy higher quality video?

I'm not the other user. I usually download my shows because I get a better quality with a proper player with filters, but it feels nice to support the scene (and it's really not a significant amount). The only time I actually use it is when I'm traveling and watch on my smartphone or notebook.

Sure, supporting the industry is nice. You can do that without giving crunchyroll money.

Yes, that is exactly what is happening.

Source?

And how would I support it? Or I pay crunchyroll $70 a year or I waste that in a single BD, seems like paying crunchyroll is the better option

>waste
And the money you pay for crunchyroll is not wasted, despite the fact that you can get better for free? At least you have something permanent if you buy a bluray.

!Akemi here, where is ACK?

It's not wasted because it's supporting the industry, that's what I'm trying to say

Most of the money goes to crunchyroll, so by buying 1 BD a year you'll be supporting the industry more than if you keep your subscription.

You're only supporting a shitty american company, while a very minimal part of your money goes to japan. A single BD supports the industry far more than a Crunchyshit account. Don't get tricked by Miles' bullshit

Seriously? I thought they just uploaded it in shit quality from the start. I can understand them being lazy fucks but if that's true they're just dicks.

Your reflexion is really simplistic.
Sure CR is shit and if you buy a BD instead of a year of CR more money will get to the production comittee, but then don't ever complain that Japanese companies make no effort to distribute their products in good quality to the western market.
Perpetuating the culture of piracy for the sake of a better quality video and because CR are assholes is dumb because you're showing the nips that you're entitled hedonists who don't want to support their business partner who distribute anime legally in your country and just want everything for free.
You do realize Japanese don't have Blu-ray quality anime for $5 a month either, right?
Boycotting CR would make sense only if you're paying for another better service but that's not going to happen because "muh streaming is shit".

I'm not talking in the context of the video quality downgrade, which is really a shit move toward their customers, and they deserve to lose customers for this. But in general it's a good thing to support official anime distributors and with your logic you won't ever do it.

The initial quality hasn't changed, it's just even worse if you want to stream after 24 hours now.

>but then don't ever complain that Japanese companies make no effort to distribute their products in good quality to the western market.

I am not complaining about this, nor will I. I would certainly like for the service to exist, and be willing to pay for it, but if the best the market can do for us is crunchyroll I'd rather keep pirating and keep hoping they go out of business. Maybe this will end up being a good thing, in the long run.

>but then don't ever complain that Japanese companies make no effort to distribute their products in good quality to the western market.
Literally no one ever made this complaint

>If you don't watch it straight away you get the shit quality.
>HS basically archives the top quality episodes.
How is this not proof that torrenting is not superior in every single way, It's boggling that 1 million morons paid for CR despite constant fuck ups and shit translations.

>Sure CR is shit and if you buy a BD instead of a year of CR more money will get to the production comittee, but then don't ever complain that Japanese companies make no effort to distribute their products in good quality to the western market.
This logic is pretty hilarious considering CR's subscriptions are increasing while their video quality is dropping.
If anything, you should be paying less or unsubscribe so they would get their shit together to win back consumers.

Just look at this thread. All those morons fucking ate up the "paying for CR suppots the industry" marketing BS meme.

>CR shilling again
Hang yourself Daiz.

FAKKU.anime SOON

Then it's a respectable opinion, I guess. But it's pretty surprising for me that you're saying this given how often I read people complaining that Japanese don't put English subtitles on their BD, don't make ordering BD from oversea easier, and that ordering BD from Japan is horribly expensive because of taxes and shipping costs.
>Maybe this will end up being a good thing, in the long run.
I highly doubt that, but maybe.

I see you didn't read my last paragraph.

>the only way

>Because it's the only way to support shows other than buying blurays
You could also buy regular merch or even better, send letters to the studio addressed to your favorite production staff with some yen inside.

>You do realize Japanese don't have Blu-ray quality anime for $5 a month either, right?
at least they get it on TV which has a lot more transmission bandwidth than CR. Where do you think those raws come from.

CR simulcasts have to compete with TV rips, not with BD sales.

>But it's pretty surprising for me that you're saying this given how often I read people complaining that Japanese don't put English subtitles on their BD, don't make ordering BD from oversea easier, and that ordering BD from Japan is horribly expensive because of taxes and shipping costs.
This is very different from
>effort to distribute their products in good quality to the western market.
None of what you just mentioned have to do with quality, and those are the sort of logic you hear from people like yourself who use CR, not from people who don't support it.
>I-I only use CR because Japanese don't put English subtitles on their BD, don't make ordering BD from oversea easier, and that ordering BD from Japan is horribly expensive because of taxes and shipping costs.

You don't understand. Japs doesn't give a crap about foreign pirates, nor they care about any foreign market other than US, China, and Korea. Not even Brazil, with all the Huepanese.

>Not going to Japan
>Not buying as much merch as possible
>Not buying the BDs direct
>Not visiting the studios with an envelope full of yen and a note in broken Japanese saying how much you liked the particular show
>Not keeping your BDs in pristine condition and watching the BD rips
>Thinking CR supports the industry

You do realize television isn't free, right?
And nothing is stopping people from watching raws or putting CR subtitles on raws, some do precisely that.

>This is very different from
Not it's not. BD-quality is the best quality and that's what most people mean by "good quality video", or are you implying you would start paying a subscritpion for a stream with slightly less shittier encoding and better bitrate? Because judging by what I read around here nothing less than an endless stream of DRM-free BD-quality rips for $10 would convince you to buy a subscription to a legal service.

Yeah, they don't care. That's why Shueisha bought a French anime and manga publisher, right?

>reading comprehension
I'm saying you should support legal services in your country if you want Japanese to give a fuck about you and in the end have better anime releases aimed toward the western market. If you're fine with the current situation then everything is fine, I think not paying for CR and buying BDs is perfectly respectable, but then don't fucking complain about horriblesubs, bad quality subs or whatever, just watch raws and buy BDs.

And by raws I mean TVrips, as I assume that's what most raws are, correct me if I'm wrong.

>Literally called the "French Exception"

If you guys started buying more localized things I'm sure your country could become another "exception".
Because that's litteraly it, corporates look at the numbers and care about the markets where the numbers are big.

>Not it's not. BD-quality is the best quality and that's what most people mean by "good quality video",
tell me how
>Japanese don't put English subtitles on their BD
>make ordering BD from oversea easier,
>ordering BD from Japan is horribly expensive because of taxes and shipping costs.
has anything to do with BD-quality

What's the point in downgrading the quality of a video?

server space, apparently. That or they were doing it for shits and giggles. Which knowing how shit CR is, it was probably the reason.

saving bandwidth cost for the company to make the extra bucks

S-S-Sauce?

Argie. They just have to sell something official in the first place. But if they don't do it in Brazil why would they do it here? If they don't give a crap about my market I won't give a crap about their business.

They don't. Daiz is just being retarded.

>believing a word Daiz says

>They don't.

Yes they do. Did you somehow miss the several comparisons demonstrating it being the case?

diff.pics/Tb0D8sX0IXXX/4
diff.pics/bUmsBAsbDNVc/3

Hey, we didn't even need the summoning ritual.
youtube.com/watch?v=20PwaJYcnuk

Hey there faggot. I have a Crunchyroll account and I just checked out several videos. And lo and behold it's working just fine. Have you ever thought that maybe you just have a shitty internet connection?

>And lo and behold it's working just fine.

Sure, it's working - it's just that everything that's been up for at least 24 hours on the site has notably worse quality than before.

And I have an extremely stable 350Mbit connection. Though it's not actually even relevant because you can rip the videos and confirm with 100% clarity that they're making them worse.

So as long as I keep using HS what I'll get won't be worse than it was before?
Time to look for remuxing groups just in case.

>effort to distribute their products in good quality to the western market.
And by that I meant, among other things "making BD-quality release more accessible to the western market".
I don't understand what you don't understand.

Then don't give a crap and don't fucking complain about CR rips or CR subs. Is it that hard to understand? If you don't want to support legal services, that's fine, but don't complain that said legal services are shit. Rip broadcasts from Japanese tv and make your own subs, like people used to do in the pre-CR era.

>So as long as I keep using HS what I'll get won't be worse than it was before?

Assuming that they won't try pushing the garbage instantly at a later date again, yes.

And that really is the most ridiculous part about all this - if you're watching something over 24 hours after release, you're literally getting better quality by using pirated Crunchyroll releases than what you'd get by being a paying Crunchyroll customer.

OK. I'll bite. Here's a screencap of the latest episode of Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu taken directly from Crunchy's streaming software at 1080p. Explain what exactly is wrong with it.

They are shit. that's why I don't pay for them, even though I could have a CR sub, in hopes that eventually something better will appear. It's called voting with your wallet.

I SUMMON THEE

Daiz is only doing this to discredit HorribleSubs so that more people download shit from Underwater instead since he's butthurt that more people torrent from HS instead of Underwater.

Yeah, and I said multiple times that it's fine, even though I don't think that is necessarily a good idea in the long run if you want something better to appear.
What I find maddening is people complaining about CRrips and subs when they don't even pay for it. How many hundreds or thousands of posts on Sup Forums for a few retarded lines in the GabDro subs? When someone could have watched the episode, corrected the lines and released it an hour later. But no, everyone wants his "fastsub" and then complain that a service they didn't pay for is shit.

It's worse quality than it was for the 24 hour period after release. Even in a low complexity scene like this you can see this when comparing the two - note how the dangos look blockier and the wood textures in the background look blurrier. The differences are even more notable in complex scenes, action scenes, dark scenes or anything involving very large gradients.

Are you literally retarded? They look EXACTLY the same. Fuck Daiz, I knew you were autistic, but come on man. You're embarrassing yourself.

>Underwater
youtube.com/watch?v=031vKBPk5eA

>When someone could have watched the episode, corrected the lines and released it an hour later.

Someone does that now. In fact, I think they were even doing it during the period you're talking about. It's just that that was the final straw for a lot of people who were still watching the official subs.

>They look EXACTLY the same
Look closer, at the darker background areas in particular.

>They look EXACTLY the same.

Maybe if you have poor eyesight. Or your display is terrible.

Either way, the differences are certainly more subtle in a simple and mostly static scene like this, but the same can't be said of more complex scenes - just look at the comparisons in and try telling me they look "exactly the same".

Ok, so maybe it's my fault for assuming people complaining on Sup Forums were watching HS release and not directly on CR. And if that's really case then I wonder why they didn't voiced their complaints in the CR forums instead of polluting Sup Forums with their shit.

Streaming is ALWAYS shit.
CR used to be pirates, but now they are angels.
And no, you ARENT supporting shit by giving your money to this "company".
Stop calling people cheapskates if you cant buy a fucking merch.
And the worst, you are making anime mainstream.
Fuck off CR shills.
Fuck off retards who want to fit in.

>And the worst, you are making anime mainstream.
Fuck off. Nobody cares about this, you are not special for watching anime, this is not and never was a secret club.

My eyes are fine shithead. And my display is from a customized laptop with a 1080p screen. It works just fine.

And those "comparisons" you posted are obviously horseshit since you probably just switched the resolution to 480p or SD to spread your propaganda.

Here's another screencap from the latest episode of Gintama, and surprise-surprise, it looks fine. Fuck off.

You just proved my point.
I AM NOT.
And thats what I want, but you fagbook faggots with your hip and cool memes WANT to be special.

Kill yourself, retard.

*$0.05 add to your account*

>And those "comparisons" you posted are obviously horseshit

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

A lot of people have noticed the lowered quality as well, and are complaining about it on their forums and social media. This issue is very much real.

You proved me wrong right there

Buying BDs and DVDs supports anime, sure. But buying other merch like figma and other products only supports companies that makes figma and other products.
And anime companies consistenly receive royalties from CR, which in turn increases the amount of money they receive through compound interest. Nobody's saying that CR is giving all their money to the anime industry and that they don't stand to benefit like any other company, but to say that CR doesn't support the anime industry at all is silly.

Why are you trying so hard to defend an objectively shitty company?...
Even if you're fine with decreased quality their business model in general is shit and very little money makes it back tot he people who actually make the media they're leeching off of.

Just cause a group of retards like you are crying wolf on twitter doesn't mean that this is happening widespread. We all know you're mad that you're constantly getting cucked by HorribleSubs, but please go be autistic somewhere else.

I don't give a shit what you guys think about CR. I'm just not gonna believe Daiz's bullshit that he spews to deter people from using HorribleSubs. Daiz is a cuck who's mad that HorribleSubs made him obsolete, and you're an idiot for believing anything he says.

They did. And everywhere else, too.

And most people here were probably watching HS. Not sure where you got that they were watching on CR just because I said official subs. HS is still a rip of them.

So you aren't interested in facts or logic, you are just against daiz no matter what?

Dude, I use horriblesubs BECAUSE crunchyroll is a shit company.

Even if your retarded conspiracy is correct it's still not a reason to support crunchyroll.

Also, I just checked and CR seems to have done some more reverting - the latest episode of Gintama is using the old, higher bitrate video again. Previous episodes still have the lower quality video though, so at most it seems like they've increased the delay on the switch beyond 24 hours. Could be 48 hours now - time will tell.

Mate HorribleSubs doesn't even suffer from this low quality video issue right now because they rip the episodes as soon as they come out and still have the higher bitrate video available. It's paying customers that are getting fucked after X hours when the worse video is swapped in.

HS will only be affected if CR starts pushing out the shit video immediately.

I thought I noticed this too a few days ago. Just cancelled my subscription. Thanks for confirming my autism daiz.

>I don't understand what you don't understand.
This is a fucking mess, I'm going to rephrase your revised statement
>Sure CR is shit and if you buy a BD instead of a year of CR more money will get to the production comittee, but then don't ever complain that Japanese companies make no effort in making BD-quality release more accessible to the western market
First, this would only make sense if CR is giving you BD-quality releases, which you aren't getting
Second, why would you think someone who's already buying raw BD would give a shit about 'accessibility'
And as I've mentioned before, those 'complaints' are made by CR users in their 'reasoning' to use the service

On our way for another 700+ posts trainwreck of a thread.
Crunchy, you're truly despicable.

Buy some merch. Then you are least get something out of the deal and they get a much larger share of the profits than CR which pays almost nothing. There is a reason there are so many anime branded items out there. Or you could buy the original manga/LN, if the anime generates good sales for the source material it is more likely to be funded for a second season.

Of course they did, what I meant is I wished they kept that in the CR forums instead of shitting up threads here on Sup Forums.
I assumed you meant "watching on CR", but then I'm repeating what I said earlier, I'm fucking mad at people complaining about HS subs quality, they should just download something else and if it doesn't exist make it themselves. You don't look a gift horse in the mouth, much less a stolen one.

>Second, why would you think someone who's already buying raw BD would give a shit about 'accessibility'
Some people would be happy if they could buy BDs directly from the Japanese companies with english subs and without paying taxes and shipping costs. I know I would. I'm not saying YOU do and I never said that. Apparently you don't understand my posts and I'm tired of trying to explain my point to you.

Differences might be minor, but it's far from being exactly the same.

Who could be behind this post?

I don't think a single person on this board cares about that. Who gives a shit, its 2017, just order shit from Japan.

>anime is dying
You're not fooling anyone faggot.

you need a proper monitor or proper eyes motherfucker, I see artifacs and shitty edges everywhere

Why are you shitting on CR now?, some weeks ago you were defending their shit translation
Kill yourself fag

>Why are you shitting on CR now?

I've been shitting on CR's video since 2008 though.