2016 Anime Industry Report

In English.

Other urls found in this thread:

aja.gr.jp/?wpdmdl=1005
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Forgot about the first page, so here it is, sorry.

nicesuu, can you link a pdf of it afterwards thanks.

so basically, 25% of their revenues come from selling their stuff oversea, and 25% from selling dakimakura and shit?

Sure.

aja.gr.jp/?wpdmdl=1005

>Pachinko
Sooooo we Yakudza now?

So why did overseas revenue just explode like that?

This is pretty interesting, Thanks.

mainly more hits and general more anime being made with increasing growth in the streaming domain.

And that's it, if you want a download link for the pdf, I linked it here.

Mostly because of the Chinks.

>the pachinko meme is real
Well shit.

>Arrival of Post Ghibli
>"Your Name"...which brough a big social impact since "Spirited Away"....
Is "your name" really that good?

I will never understand it.
Are neets blowing all their money on slots?
Gambling is one hell of a drug.

>pachinko
>2008
What went wrong?

2,000billion soon?

Big chink stream deals

Doesn't mean it's good, just means it's really, really popular, more than anyone could have expected.

Merchandise dropped quite hard.

What do you think advanced home 3d printing is going to do to figurine sales?

It'll probably make figure maker make porcelain figurines, since those probably won't be 3d printable.

That shit looks very interesting and very professional. I'm keeping it. Thanks.

>le "anime is dying" meme turned out to be untrue
No surprise there.

Garage kits are going to become more complex with better sculpts as tech matures.

God did I fuck that up. It'll probably lead figure makers to create porcelain figures.

Most 2009-2012 anime were so shit.

No one believed that meme except newfags.

Anime might die in a different way, by Japanese producers sucking Chinese cock and pandering to chinks.

Japanese anime is dying
Chink anime is rising

Like Chink web novels
Chink comics
Chink Hollywood
Chink solar panels
Chink electronics
Chink people buying homes in Canada and England

>someone actually negotiated an anime distribution contract for Antratica

Jeez, how many weebs live there?

There was also a recession, no one had money to spend.

it literally says in the article, China.

Are figurines really that much of a best selling items?

I always see cheap things sold for expensive values like trinkets, towels, tapestries, etc to be the main income source merchandise-wise.

Scientists are weebs

t. changs

>le chink meme
China was recently hit by its own growth limit and fucked global economy over due to overwhelming stipulation on the growth. In a few years, China will start declining.

It's interesting that the overseas market has gone back to it's 2006 peak.

But mostly due to China, as opposed to the US.

The Japanese operate a whaling station there.

China doesn't only grow in its own country.

Africa is becoming China possession.

Just remember this stuff mixes daytime and late night stuff. Your shitty LN adaptation is still fucked with no BD sales.

Whaling station such as this thing?

Makes sense. That way, nobody else has to hear the wailing.

>t.
Back to chingland with you.

This is really interesting, thanks for posting.

Its not dying due to China/Asia market.

In US/Europe its pretty much flatlining or worse. Population grows by year if it flat lines, it means its at negative growth.

This just means more anime will be marketed towards Chinese/Asian market rather than American/US market.

BASED CHINKS SAVING ANIME

>This just means more anime will be marketed towards Chinese/Asian market rather than American/US market.
Good

Asia is the saviour of both anime and gaming

Guys, reminder that these reports are for ALL japanese animation, not only for your otaku pandering late-night anime.
Huge chunk of those numbers is contributed by kid shows like Doraemon, Detective Conan etc. For example majority of merchandise sales are literally children toys, not your stupid figurines.

Also note that oversea sales includes not only streaming, but also home video distribution, merchandise and other stuff.

With BD sales being such a minuscule contributor to revenue, is the shitposting in Amazon Stalker threads really worth it? It's no longer the best measure for a show's success now is it?

WESTERNERS BTFO
LITERALLY IRRELEVANT

>This just means more anime will be marketed towards Chinese/Asian market rather than American/US market.
And that's a good thing. It keeps the SJW and all those atrocious Western tropes at bay.
God bless Asia.

This type of charts would have been much better if we actually knew what series make up the majority of these numbers. It's like saying 2016 was good in terms of BD sales, even though 3 shows in total sold more than 2 whole seasons.

>music that low
Why?

This, North American needs to shut the fuck up.

>Guys, reminder that these reports are for ALL japanese animation, not only for your otaku pandering late-night anime.
>Huge chunk of those numbers is contributed by kid shows like Doraemon, Detective Conan etc. For example majority of merchandise sales are literally children toys, not your stupid figurines.
The report makes explicit mention of that. And I don't think people here still hold the delusion that late-night is as profitable as little kid shows.

Thank fuck for that. I don't want Sup Forums to be relevant to the anime industry, never mind Reddit, MAL, ANN, etc.

Shows with more BD sales are more popular than shows with less 90% of the time.

But for events like Anisong concerts and live anime events, they're typically from late anime anime, no?

Idolshit is dying

>implying Baidu or Weibo is any better

We do know. Kids' shows are the vast majority of the revenue. The mainstream may be less dedicated, but that's where the cash is made.

Good.

If it turns those Africans in something productive for the world, I say let them be.

There's only so much money you can make off selling CDs and digital downloads of seiyuu who can't sing for shit. Anyway, concerts are where the money's at which is what the report mentions.

Nah.

Precure, Aikatsu, etc live shows are happening all the time.

I bet the "Pachinko and the likes" are majorly Aikatsu/PriPara machines as well.

You wish

I don't understand something. Neither of you are Japanese, so why do you have the Japanese animosity towards other Asian countries?

You're not Japanese, and you never will be, so why do you care?

Africa + China leading the world = end of western hegemony

Good_____

I wonder what their memes are like.

>CDs cost too much
>rent-stores are dying
>shutting off availability to foreigners

HOL UP

Great thread.
One because it demonstrates how the anime industry keeps growing. The guys who say the industry is dying get btfo.
Second because it shows that streaming is completely irrelevant in the game, and the streaming powerhouse is China anyway. CR btfo.

Weabs

True weabs who hate their own country and """"identify"""" as a japanese

>hatred
I do not 'hate' China per say. I have Chink friends. But the country is one of the biggest shitholes of the Earth, and that's something objectively observable if you do so much as simply look at the news.

Wait I thought China banned internet

>""""identify""""
Stop.

Where did you hear that?
They banned certain sites

Pachinko is the key to success.

You mean 25% of their revenue comes from Crunchyroll, Funimation, and Netflix. Don't kid yourself, Americans don't buy DVDs

>but, muh theory that watching CR is worthless and everyone should feel ok pirating
Yeah, it's wrong.

China is a paper tiger

Honestly I think the low revenue from foreign markets is because of Japanese incompetence.

If you ignore a market for decades it will sadly decline, there's a reason properties like Saint Seiya do well in Asia, Europe and Latin America, because Bandai/Toei never told any of those markets to shove it.

Latin Americans have been into anime since the 70s yet Japan never exploited that market, when a convention or something happens it's always in the US and again I repeat saint seiya, they shipped the 12 real sized gold cloths to brazil a couple years ago and it was a success so again it shows that if you care about a market you get money in return, who would've thought.

More like from BiliBili

>implying you have to be Japanese to hate China
It's just the common opinion between most of China's neighbors

But I'm talking about anison singers, not singing seiyuu or idols.

The report's risk assessment of China is worth taking note. The overseas licensing boom is largely fueled by China but political and bureaucratic risks are there. I suppose the Chinese media watchdogs don't regulate streaming services at the moment?

>everyone who dislikes chinks and gooks is Japanese/weeb
Dubfag level argument there Kim/Chang.

Article clearly states the huge international revenue increase in the past couple of years is almost entirely China, so CR is almost irrelevant.

Merchandise really is king

You're asking the wrong question.
The real question is "why did it shrink from 2006 to 2013?"

Music sales aren't the biggest revenue contributors if I'm not mistaken, it's always concerts that make big bucks. That's just how it is.

No Haruhi
No Geass
No Gurren Lagann

>when a convention or something happens it's always in the US

Mexico actually has a convention oficially backed by the japanese embassy (J'fest) but guess what? Most mexicans are too cheap to shell out $20 for an event, let alone $50ish like in the US.

Pretty much half the American distribution industry didn't survive the economic crash. Del Rey, TokyoPop etc.

Most western people hate Asians, especially Chinese and Indians because we have a lot of student and immigrants here and can see that you are human trash. This has nothing to do with Japanese media, even if I wouldn't like anime, I would still despise these shitholes.

I am really curious about the anime in africa.

>In US/Europe its pretty much flatlining or worse
Speak for yourself Johnny, anime and manga is getting even more popular than it used to be in the haydays of Death Note here.
>This just means more anime will be marketed towards Chinese/Asian market rather than American/US market
It never was marketed towards the US, stop it with this meme. The US and EU market liked some products that were fairly unpopular in Japan but had no infulence over their production in the first place.

Don't forget to sing your daily Chinese national anthem and pray to Chaiman Mao.