How much of ISIS' demise was down to Trump?

I was having a full blown argument with my old man on Christmas Eve about Donald Trump. Basically I'm pro Trump and he isn't, citing things like Trump's love for Kikes, pulling out the climate deal etc.

He's an ex Rhodesian paratrooper so he's spent the good part of 7 years fighting a brutal war against black communists therefore I take his opinions onboard even if some of those opinions are a result of MSM.

Now the one thing he seemed to school me on was the recent defeat of ISIS being a direct result of Russia and the Kurds as opposed to Trumps claims of it being down to himself being at the helm. I cant really disagree with that, however I do wonder if Trump taking office might have stemmed the flow of finances to ISIS?

Other urls found in this thread:

whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-blocking-property-persons-involved-serious-human-rights-abuse-corruption/
archive.is/rPFUd
youtu.be/xnA8H5lRLRI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_intervention_against_ISIL#U.S._military_actions
defensenews.com/home/2015/01/19/a-10-performing-11-percent-of-anti-isis-sorties/
acslaw.org/acsblog/trumps-world-of-luxury-real-estate-is-fueled-by-money-laundering
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ISIS wasn't defeated. It was deactivated.

The US still has at least 8 bases in NE Syria and is training more ISIS thugs to send into Syria and Iraq. Some they are moving to SE Asia to the 'Stans' so they can fuck with Russia.

Trump has also stepped up the bombing of Yemen and is sending Special Forces assassinations squads roaming about Afghanistan to make sure those poppy fields stay safe.

Trump is a good con artist, he tells people what they want 2 hear, then he does what his Jewed-up cabinet, including Mossad asset Kushner tells him 2 do

fpbp. You can't shoot an ideology

>Obama's lackeys stop funding ISIS
>they stop operating
Funny how that works, eh?

This. He's a puppet. Fuck Trump.
UP DONBASS!

>Now the one thing he seemed to school me on was the recent defeat of ISIS being a direct result of Russia and the Kurds as opposed to Trumps claims of it being down to himself being at the helm
What else did he say?
Russia has been working very closely with Syria and the Kurds to directly fight off ISIS and other rebels. What has Drumpf done, bomb a Syrian airbase and given more weapons to the hohols. Drumpf has had a net negative effect against fighting ISIS if anything.

Honestly it was President Obama. We already had ISIS on the run before Trump took office.

kek
wasted digits, and ISIL just got a bus ride home. ISIS and AQ are alive and well. Just waiting for new orders.

He was against Trump's ideas on the Iran deal and also spoke extremely negative of the Jews haha! I thought to myself, I should introduce him to Sup Forums !!

I have to admit, the mere fact that Ivanka was shagging a Rothschild at one point does send the alarm bells ringing.

What I don't understand is that if Trump really is just a kike shill, than why does the (((media))) and the ((left))) hate him

The fight against ISIS is one of the most propagandized efforts in recent history, involving hundreds of thousands of paid shills, media articles and journalists from both sides claiming one did more than the other. You will not find a serious answer here because pro-Russian shills believe US funded ISIS and never killed them in the first place, and pro-American shills believe Russia did not fight anyone except the anti-Assad coalition and thus didn't help in weakening ISIS. Turks even believe that they did more to stop ISIS than both the Americans and the Russians. It's a multi-pronged, multi-directional fucking hellhole quagmire of a war that involves all these different factions, with ISIS as a convenient boogeyman because of how atrocious their crimes are against civilians.

The truth of the matter, and where the real credit should be going to, is that ISIS was weakened primarily by the ground troops, as in almost every war. You need boots to hold territory. You can't take territory by bombing it from the skies. So the real credit should go to the SAA, the SDF, the Iraqi Army, the PMU, and all the logistic forces behind them. Russia and America just provided assistance from the skies, which was a big help for both of their constituent armies. But neither of them solely are responsible for weakening ISIS (I say weakening because they are not defeated yet).

Don't fall for propaganda from either sides. Despite what both of them say, neither side joined this war just to stop ISIS and save precious civilian lives. They have ulterior motives.

The Left hate Israel. American Jews hate Israel. Nocons and the Christian Right have ALWAYS been their closest allies here. "God's chosen people" and all that. My Con Christian family love the shit out of Jews and Israel.

>a direct result of Russia and the Kurds as opposed to Trumps claims of it being down to himself being at the helm
But that basically is due to Trump. We weren't cooperating with Russia before, we were antagonizing them. All he literally had to do was get out of the way and let them get in there.

The Syria branch of al-Qaida was known as al-Nusra for a long time, but in the past two years it has changed its name approximately every second weekend in a bid to disguise its origins. It wasn’t trying to hide its loyalties from potential recruits. It was pretending to be a “moderate” rebel group so that it wouldn’t get hit by American bombers.

This didn’t actually fool the Americans, of course, but it did allow them to denounce the Russians — who were bombing al-Nusra/al-Qaida — as evil allies of Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad who were killing “good” rebels. Oh, and killing innocent civilians, too, as if American bombs never hit civilians.

It was hard to tell whether Barack Obama’s State Department was being delusional or merely hypocritical, but it insisted that there was a “third force” of non-jihadi Syrians that was also trying to overthrow Assad. The U.S. was supporting them, and the wicked Russians were trying to kill them. But the “third force” didn’t exist — it had been swallowed up by al-Nusra years ago.

So the U.S. bombed Islamic State and nobody else, while the Russians only did that occasionally. Instead, they concentrated on bombing al-Nusra, which held territory much closer to Syria’s big cities. And Washington scored propaganda points by claiming that the Russians were bombing innocent civilians and”‘good” rebels.

Now, with Islamic State defeated, the U.S. forces will probably leave eastern Syria. (They have no legal status there, as they were never invited in by the Syrian government or authorized to intervene by the United Nations.) But most of the Russian forces will stay, because it will probably take another year to destroy al-Nusra in Idlib province.

While the Pentagon has been deceptive when announcing troops levels in Syria, Recent reporting suggests the US had a peak of about 2,500 troops in Syria during the invasion of Raqqa.

By late March, top US diplomats were signaling Trump had abandoned Obama’s “Assad must go policy.” That changed on April 4th when an alleged chemical weapons attack occurred in Khan Sheikhoun. The Trump administration quickly accused Assad of carrying out the attack and shifted policy back to “Assad must go.” By April 7th, Trump was using his daughter’s tears as justification to launch 59 cruise missiles at a Syrian airbase.

Philip Giraldi reported, at the time of the missile attack, that there was skepticism in the intelligence community as to who was responsible for the chemical weapons attack. MIT professor Theodor Postol wrote several papers disputing claims that Assad carried out the attack. Seymour Hersh would later write the definitive report debunking the US claim that Assad carried out a chemical weapons attack.

Trump did not resume bombing Assad forces until mid-May. The US targeted an Assad allied militias who were chasing after retreating Islamic State forces across the Syrian Desert.

The US claimed that the air strikes was to protect US forces stationed at a border crossing many miles away. The US could have been attempting to slow the Syrian Army’s push towards Deir Ezzor and the lucrative oil and gas fields that surround the city.

Pundits and think tanks have also suggested that the US needed to prevent the Syrian Army from reaching the border with Iraq. They argue that this would form a “Shia land bridge” from Beirut to Tehran. This landbridge is a red herring and Iran has long been able to support its allies in Lebanon and Syria.

In June, the US shot down a Syrian jet near Raqqa

bump, because the catalog is pure shit

We(Trump) sent in 400 troops to protect the Kurds from Turkey, even.

Is ISIS defeat confirmed? Does that mean refugees have to go back home and the "welcome" is over?

Yes you can by eliminating everyone adhering to it

Mathis change the Rules of Engagement before they were fucked because Obama is a pussy

>Islamic State of Iraq and Syria(Levant)
Sorry, buddy. Libya and N. Africa as a whole are still fucked. Get back in your cuck shed.

Why does Putin look like that X-Files agent?

Fake news. Rhodies love Israel because they were one of only three countries that didn't embargo them.

Bull fucking shit.

>Get back in your cuck shed.
wow, I am shocked, mutt...

Tell your dad to stop watching fake news. Trump talked to saudi arabia right after getting into office and got them to cut funding to isis and got them to stop giving money to corrupt us politicians. Russia has beeen stomping isis into the fucking ground because isis ran out of ammo fast as fuck. He slapped ISIS' shit. They are DONE. THEY lost their last held city MONTHS ago.

Wew- fucking - wew.
This is the very best post I've ever seen from a US flag...
All statements correct.
And will add, it's not the first time US has used religious zealots in Central Asia.
Brezinzsky boasts of creating the "afghan Arabs" as a weapon of war against the soviets in the late 1970s.

Sending rapefugees back now wouldn't be too early

Its true but also because trump got people who were giving isis funding to stop. Russia steam rolled them like crazy after that.

Also im former marine i know mathis we have nicknames for that motherfucker hes nuts.

reported to the home office

“We have not relaxed the rules of engagement” for U.S. forces in Iraq and Syria, U.S. Central Command chief Gen. Joseph Votel told House defense lawmakers Wednesday. Changes to those rules, initiated in the final days of the Obama White House, allowed senior U.S. and coalition commanders in Iraq and Syria to delegate command of American airpower “down to the tactical edge,” the four-star general told members of the House Armed Services Committee.

You can keep them. Your prime minister wanted them.

>former marine
A Marine would never self describe as such.

More will leave by force, this is how refugee immigration works, it is not a permission to stay forever. Your country let illegal immigrants who murder walk free

It is more that Obama was still supporting the rebels in Syria, making the Syrian army and Russia have to watch their back more and focus on more front lines. The Middle East is a shitshow in general, and Islamic extremists manage to get their teeth into any conflict they see themselves as benefitting from. Assad didn’t like ISIS. Therefore ISIS benefitted from having him toppled because then they had a destabilized country to fuck with and a much greater chance of holding what they had, expanding in resources and power, and gaining legitimacy. So they were working to that end. Russia shills and plenty of
>I hate America no matter what
fuckwads will spin that every which way, and don’t forget da joos.

So the nigger tried to adjust things a little bit before leaving so he wouldnt look like a total fucking tool. It seems to be obamas MO, seriously; trying to take penny credits for the new admins hard work. The engagememt rules did change; one being where 10 C130s ARENT taking off out of MCAS 2 and being delivered to hos sand nigger cousins so they could blow the legs off my marines or kill my friends in the 24th meu.

Youre full of dog shit youre thinking of "ex marine" we dont call ourselves "ex marine".
B for effort.

>leave by force
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

I still don't believe you.

>CALIFORNIA
CALI lets them walk free. Cali is a liberal shit hole of a democrat run state. Its run the same way canada is run. No joke.

I have more respect for leafs than i do for comiefornia and thats saying something.

Am i suppose to give a fuck? Stay ignorant.

>gas gas gas
Nothing changed when Trump took office. He's just the new SD puppet.

My understanding was that Russia did take out ISIS because we backed off and encouraged them to do so. That never would have happened with another US president (certainly not with Clinton, but probably not with a neocon Republican either), so Trump being at the helm did make it possible. Unless he claimed he did it alone and there's no credit for anyone else, that's fine.

What's funny is that the Dems/neocons aren't pointing and shrieking at this as an example of Trump bowing to the Russians. But to do that, they'd have to point out that ISIS was taken out pretty easily (in terms of US effort), yet none of their leaders were able to make it happen.

>t. stolen valor

It was a result of military campaign between the Syrian Government and Russia, not the SDF and USA. The Kurds and USA deliberately tried to slow down the Syrian Army's advance against ISIS so that it could buy the Kurds enough time for a landgrab and steal the fame. Russia and the Syrian government should be credited with ISIS's defeat in Syria, and no one else.

“The Assad regime controls less than half of Syria’s on pre-war population…and less than half of its populated territory,” the lead official said, speaking anonymously as a condition of describing the administration’s assessment of the war.

He described a Syria that is an economic shell of its former self:

The country remains sanctioned by the U.S., the U.N. and the European Union, for crimes including using weapons of mass destruction against its own people;
Syria has no exports of value compared to pre-war economy and is dependent on cash handouts and bulk transfers of oil and wheat from Iran and Russia “just to subsist”l
Unemployment is near 50 percent;
The currency has lost most of its value, and faces 50 percent inflation;
Syria’s infrastructure has suffered between $200 to $300 billion in damage and the regime’s major allies, Iran and Russia, are unlikely to be able to help with reconstruction because they are facing their own economic issues at home;
Syria was an oil exporter, but the regime now controls only a third of the country’s oil and gas resources;
13.5 million Syrians are dependent on international assistance to survive, more than half of the country’s pre-war population;
The regime generates only half a billion dollars in revenue annually, down from a 2010 estimate of $21 billion, but the government spends $2.7 billion annually, and is thought to have run out of cash reserves, meaning it requires infusions of cash from Russia and Iran to keep the state running and the military operations going.

whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-blocking-property-persons-involved-serious-human-rights-abuse-corruption/
archive.is/rPFUd
youtu.be/xnA8H5lRLRI

Right someone mentions they served in the marines and thr first thing you think of is "stolen valor". Your mother should have swallowed you.

>Trump is his own man, not a SD puppet
Behold the one and only air to surface, ground burst, chemical weapon ever made. All the proof needed for an air strike on a sovereign nation fighting demonic savages.

Do you want instructions on how to use the fucking internet kid?

Assad gassed my OWN PEOPLE pic.

Don't believe the Russian propaganda and that KGB rat, the Russians were bombing Assad's sunni enemies and protecting ISIS as their best argument to re-normalize Assad while the US coalition was obliterating ISIS with an insane amount of fire power even before 2015

>On 15 January 2015, it was reported that over 16,000 airstrikes had been carried out by the Coalition. The U.S. Air Force has carried out around 60 percent of all strikes. Among them, F-16s performed 41 percent of all sorties, followed by the F-15E at 37 percent, then the A-10 at 11 percent, the B-1 bomber at eight percent, and the F-22 at 3 percent. The remaining 40 percent has been carried out by the US Navy and allied nations.[340]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_intervention_against_ISIL#U.S._military_actions

>wikipedia
Check snopes next.

Dipshit. That EO had NOTHING to do with Dems. Did you read the list of the people and corporations it sanctions? Russians and Africans mostly.
You, sir, are beyond ignorant and approaching stupid.
Now go collect some unearned wounded warrior bucks.

What a maroon.

The source for you. The military is precise with their numbers.

defensenews.com/home/2015/01/19/a-10-performing-11-percent-of-anti-isis-sorties/

Make me you little kid. You think that isnt just the beginning? Jump on a knife. You obviously didnt get it.

UR HUR HUR HUR

>my own people
Stolen valor

>Russians were bombing Assad's sunni(sic) enemies and protecting ISIS
>while the US coalition was obliterating ISIS
THEY ARE THE SAME! Fuck this thread and the /nupol/. done

Get rhe fuck out

>How much of ISIS' demise was down to Trump?
Arround at least 80% I would say. The rest being 10% Russia and 10% France.

Suck a wee dick, pedo. I've taken shits bigger than you in my 40 plus years.
How can you post while simultaneously LARPing as Rambo for spare change at the Walmart exit?

You sound like a Sunni freedom fighter. Formerly known as AQ.
HIS OWN PEEPULL!

I never said i was rambo. Rambo is a fucking myth btw. Keep getting angry kid just becsuse you dont think you can make it you gotta cry like a sad bitch at the mention of the title. Go eat a bowl of soy and shut the fuck up. lol

Calling me a pedo too thats cute.

Buying into the NATO lies on the war in Syria is T_D-tier. Enjoy your shilling for Israel and globalist interests, true Sup Forumsacks support Assad.

lol user is mad as fuck .
>reeeeeee

bump
Someone cite Stay At Home Dad/Weapons Expert Bellingcat/Brown Moses/Eliot Higgins, to make this thread complete.

this

Do you think it's a coincidence that ISIS loses power over there as Obama and Hillary leave office? They lost their guarantors - although you can't prove this.

Only Trump could have defeated such a worthy opponent. When he bombed Assad, it was probably just a covert delivery of arms TO Assad. 4D.

He's half right. But Trump stopped funding the moderate rebels fighting the Russians and kurds that were trying to take out ISIS to stabilize ASSAD since it's Russia's last military base in Africa really. Obama et al wanted ASSAD gone and they were using ISIS and "moderate rebels" to do it. Why? Probably because their donors and military industrial complex wanted it to put in more pipelines for resources. Trump just allowed the people actually fighting ISIS to take them out and provided assistance to "allies" that were also fighting them. I don't care how much you hate Russia, or Assad, or whoever... giving ISIS a foothold to exist is just the shittiest tier political moves you can make for the good of the world and stability for the region. But, they don't seem to want stability, and seem to revel in the refugees. Now, was Obama trying to destabilize the entirety of the west? Or just European countries? That's the question. You be the judge.

want, for my front yard
Later, faggots. Don't stop, believing.

This ^^ Obama MADE ISIS. All sorts of proof it was funded, armed and trained by the US of A. As a means to overthrow Libya Syria and Egypt. Under different names there are about 2000 paid mercenaries that went from country to county. All brown arabic speaking paid hitmen. They are all masons.

Well trump told the do a to quit funding Isis, kinda hard for them to keep up the fight then. Besides Russia had them mostly beat anyway.

>do wonder if Trump taking office might have stemmed the flow of finances to ISIS?
Those money laundering polices were put in place by Obama. Trump wants to lift them to pay back his sycophant oligarchs.

acslaw.org/acsblog/trumps-world-of-luxury-real-estate-is-fueled-by-money-laundering