With Net Neutrality Dead, Proposed Bill Promises Internet "Fast Lanes"

YOU SAID THIS WOULDN'T HAPPEN Sup Forums!!!!

WTF I LOVE NET NEUTRALITY AND OBAMA NOW!!!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/4682/text
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Death to the net!

How about you give me a link to the actual bill?

But you already pay to browse faster

It's good, poorfags deserve to have slow internet

Even the first part of the shitty article you screencapped fails to demonstrate the clickbait headline.

Honestly think I'm moving to Germany boys... US sucks so bad based on all the headlines I see on reddit... damn... I'm outta here guys... off to a real first world country like Germany......

source

>proposed
Fuck off with your propaganda

>prevent blocking and throttling of legal web

>MOMMY MOMMY I DON'T LIKE CAPITALISM
>I AM ENTITLED TO STUFF

Why would it be in a bill. Isn't that something ISP's would decide to do on their own now?

This is a good thing, raising prices will spur more competition ans give incentives for keeping prices low.

They aren't going to throttle anything.

They're going to be monitoring you in real time as you browse and judge whether you should be reading or watching something or not. The "non throttled" sites are govt. approved sites which are automatically exempt from monitoring.

Literally the speed of your "throttling" will depend on how fast someone at the agency is reading over the information you requested.

Sweetie you need to quit thinking and quit asking so many questions

OUTRAGED YET? IMPBEACH DRUMPF

Shh user don't tell the goyim

Because without the government regulating the net, the government will control the net, you uneducated rural retard.

What does a politician proposing a model have to do with what ISPs actually offer?

Provide proof for your statement leafcuck

there's nothing wrong with paid data priority (fast lanes) because it specifically allows small ISPs with their infinitesimal resource pool relative to the major ISPs to provide a competitive if not outright better service for a negligible premium. If fast lanes are illegal, it forces the consumer to choose between slower speeds/lower cost (small ISPs) and faster speeds/higher price (big ISPs). The end result in this scenario is a shit connection for either more or less money.

Proof for these kinds of things don't exist. If they do surface, the companies responsible just shrug their shoulders and say welp, our bad, and then they pass a law that "somewhat" restricts what they were caught doing but what it means is they found a different way to do what they were doing which would be now harder to prove.

Think about it. When there was a handful of isps, the workload to do that would be immense which is why most isps didn't monitor everyone frequently out of good faith. Now that there is going to be more isps and customers will split up, it's much more easier to monitor them now. Compare the workload of monitoring 20 million subscribers with with the workload of 5-6 thousand. Most of it will be automated to begin with, and will work on a system of keywords.

The cellphone companies are already transcribing your phone conversations. I saw that firsthand.

I'm White I am entitled to stuff.

So they remove net neutrality and then make a fucking law to enforce fast lanes?

Post the bill

Hahaha you stupid this is good leftists and cookies won't be able to pay for Internet access no more propaganda

congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/4682/text

They're just trying to throw legalese at something that could potentially impede on their family's Netflix time, when this does nothing but give the providers even more power.

based blaney

>Hey kid, you want a bottle of water?
>That'l be €500,000 EU
>What? You think thats an insane price for such a commodity? OY VEY YOU MUST BE A COMMIE! DON'T BE SO ENTITLED GO-.. GUY!

This is what would happen if we allowed our food production to be controlled by the free market

Thankfully we have price controls on every single food item which keep the greedy capitalists in check

give me a fastlane dude, I love fastlanes, why would I want one slow internet?