plastic memories.
no regrets

That genuinely made me cry lel

Also K-On and Kimi no Na wa

This

>doesn't use two swords
>doesn't use Excalibur
>"Yeah there was no way I could beat her."
Bullshit he was going easy on her because she was dying.

>knew it was coming
Still cried like a bitch

Nice recommendation thread. Why is that DJT is not allowed on Sup Forums but this shit is?

Same for K-on, fuck it just came out of nowhere.

No because I'm not a woman.

only a little

I thought he couldn't dual wield in ALO because he lost that ability since he didn't xfer his OP char from SAO?

Also, would it be fair for him to use Excalibur when he obtained it through non-legal means?

does rage tears count?

Furiko

when kirito came to guard asuna n her party for the raid he dual wielded Excalibur tho lol

He canonically let her win for that reason, i didnt knew the anime never explained this, glad i never saw the adaptation

Anime? No

He did legit lose that 1v40 though.

This. Shit was sad.

I kind of wish the anime had ended on the really sad note instead of the deus ex machina gag. It would have made it feel more complete.

Never with anime, but with Katawa Shoujo ...

a few, mostly at the endings.

>Love Hina
>Trigun twice, the end and also when wolfwood dies
>Azumanga
>Najica Blitz Tactics maybe? I think it had a sad ending.
>Onegai teacher maybe
>Most Ghibli movies

How about endings that made you go "Wtf?" out loud?

fucking lain what the fuck was that

Madoka is the kind of show where I don't even want an explanation.

I'm always looking for the next anime that will make me cry. It's very easy to find them.

yeah, but it's fine this way, you can always pretend that it did end like that
I couldn't bear that anyway

Re:Zero

I agree. Lain was literally What the fuck am I reading: The Anime.

>PRESENT DAY PRESENT TIME
>BUZZZZZZZZ
>le spooky dudes in suits standing around looking menacing
>episode finishes

Yes

Usually anything featuring grandparents spending time with their kids and grankids

I lose my shit and cry like a bitch at every drama anime, am I a sensitive bitch? Also, I don't care about personages in 3D shows, my empathy only works with 2D. Anyone like me?

yes

I've never cried to any piece of media, the only times I came close were when watching The Christmas Shoes and at the end of reading Of Mice and Men.

Episode 8 or 9 of Cross Ange was pretty tear jerking, but then again I am very susceptible to emotion-baiting scenes no matter how cheap and undeserved they are.

youtube.com/watch?v=oqmx_rE1Tz4

died a little that evening

Clannad and Clannad Afterstory made me cry several times. The story is both sad and beautiful at the same time.

I cry all the time, because I know I'll never have a cute 2d wife.;-;

>Character is introduced as better than Kirito
>"haha jk Kirito is the greatest person on the face of the planet and he let her win because he's such a nice guy oh look that girl who totally couldn't beat him died what a shame"
I've lost the last little piece of hope in SAO I didn't even know I had

it's more abstract and easier to self insert? (i don't necessarily mean that as a put down)

same

this show hit me like a freight train. cried more than i did for K-ON, Plastic memories, and SAO season 2

Phantom: requiem of the phantom
It's bearable up until a single 10 second scene. shit had me bawling by the end of it

pic related

not anime but still

What's your opinion on the recent theme of Youtubers trying to redeem SAO?

Those be manly tears, I am so proud of you son, you finally aren't completely devoid of any emotion

The smart survive, *loads gun* nothin' personal Lennie

Is this all the shilling for Ordinal Scale?

No.

Well, maybe it is secretly shilling for the movie.

The point is that there are several youtubers who have made videos saying SAO isn't as bad as everyone treats it in the past year.

>The point is that there are several youtubers who have made videos saying SAO isn't as bad as everyone treats it in the past year.
That's not incorrect. It's just regular bad, not totally irredeemable.

ordinal scale was pretty good

As much as I dislike Sword Art Online, in the end it's a dumb show for people younger than 16. There is nothing extremely offensive about it, it's just a dumb show for young teenagers where they can self insert as a "badass" character that beats up the bad guys and gets all the girls.

Young people are always going to have shit taste and you can bet that in a few years there will be a show far worse that people will love and you are gonna wish that Kirito and Asuna were back.

I'd pretty much agree with that.

We all got hooked into bashing it because it was popular and visibly flawed, when we should've been obsessed with bashing other shows, or renewing our attack on Urobuchi's content.

mfw somebody basically copies Mars of Destruction and they rename it to Ares of Demolition and then an anime studio picks up the totally original show.

Japanese use propaganda to make West like it, hyping it up to be the next Kimi ni Wa, an attack on the intelligence like never seen before.

SAO is better than most anime I've seen.

See some more

>AUG
Patrician as FUCK.

TTGL ending

Nothing has made me cry harder than Angel beats, Clannad, and Tokyo Magnitude

Have you ever been beaten by a girl in a MMO so bad that you went back in time and have her mom Aids?

This so much. I never cry at media unless it's the awe inspiring speech or manly moment of sacrifice.

The last three episodes of TTGL was an hour of open face tears and a smile on my face.

Trigger may be a just a meme studio. But those are some of the best people in the industry for those kinds of moments.

It left a pretty hefty scar.

I don't feel good about it, I can even recognise it was a bit trite and saccharine for an ending, but from Nia disappearing onwards my eyes were watering a bit

Probably didn't help that I marathoned the whole series in 2 days when I had nothing else to do and my internet was out

Yeah, all the time. Shit just gets to me, always has. Makes me mad at the world and shit.

SAO isn't bad, debate me.

These are my people.

I can't user I'm literally BTFO

I cried all the way from episode 8 to 27

I can only empathize with anime characters.

Planetes really had me throughout a lot of it. The later episodes are especially heartrending.

>What's your opinion on the recent theme of Youtubers
My opinion is that you should fuck off back to Sup Forums, cancer.

tfw asuna uses Mother's Rosario in the movie

I couldn't finish even s1 of SAO so I read wiki about this character.
So basically she and her whole family has AIDS, her parents die, her sister dies and then she dies too. I understand why people would cry about it. I'm pretty emotional so I would probably cry too. But illness and death is disgustingly cheap trope especially when it hits secondary character. Fuck SAO, I respect it even less now.

Who's the gay man that donated their AIDS blood to the hospital?

>illness and death is disgustingly cheap trope
That is exactly what I told my uncle when he died of cancer.

Obviously she injected her own blood with AIDS in order to possibly have a chance against our lord and savior Kirito

>crying while Rossiu is bitching about Simon not signing paperwork and shit.

You need to see a doctor about your eye holes.

youtube.com/watch?v=MZhwuWiTUhE

Madoka
Clannad

Except it is. It's a fact.

great, you just triggered my Katawa Dick again.

Thanks user.

Angel beats
I cried like a bitch

youtube.com/watch?v=J9ncx5IyX_E

Angel Beats wuz great. As far as I know, they planned to make a rebuild when author is back.

Don't worry crying is completely natural, unless you cry from shitty animu

I agree, although SAO is nothing more than your average generic harem

Quite often actually.

And its weird i never get emotional with any other kind of content like movies.

Yes, Cross Game's first episode caught me totally by surprise and made me cry like a bitch. That fucking song man. And then I cried a few more times throughout the series.

Then I read the manga and did it all over again. If you like bittersweet stories, and can put up with some sports drama, then I can't recommend it enough. Its my favorite anime.

>implying a story with poor narrative or other qualities can't still have emotionally compelling scenes.

Anohana made me cry too although its sort of shitty, especially near the end. The theme of children dying just hits me harder than anything else. Its like the most tragic thing possible.

The Habanero got spicier from zombie disease, it isn't that hard to logically conclude that AIDS would also power you up, although not as much as being the main character

youtube.com/watch?v=f3xUjw2BCYE

All the time.
I'm easily affected by sappy bullshit, so I cry at everything.
I like to think it's one of my charm points, but it's probably not.

Feelings are for the weak. The weak should fear the strong. I am the fucking strong.

I cried during the end of Angel Beats like a little bitch. But that's the only time

Does the girl die in the first episode? Never saw the anime but read the manga a few years back, I thought you got to know her for a while before suddenly she dies. (Less sad than Touch though, I must've been blind to not see it coming but holy shit)

The first episode covers the entire first volume of the manga. If you have time I recommend watching just the first episode, it won awards and shit and the use of music really enhances the entire scene. Its great and heart crushing.

I still haven't watched Touch but I got spoiled so I've been putting it off. I'm sure I'd like it though. Cross Game made me an actual baseball fan.

Lol gay

Touch is amazing, but his best baseball manga is H2 I think. Katsu! is another great one, not as drawn out as the others (though about boxing), but really anything Adatchi makes is top tier.

>but really anything Adatchi makes is top tier.

I get that impression, I need to check out the rest of his stuff. Although I liked CG more for the drama/SoL than the baseball. And the art style is great, we need more anime with old school art style and modern animation and encoding. It all comes together to make something really special.

I'm rambling, anyway it was nice of you to talk about my favorite animu with me, feels like not that many people on Sup Forums are familiar with it, or just brushed it off as another sports anime when it aired.