15 YEARS

Yet nothing in its genre has ever hit the right combination of comedy, character personalities and heart needed to top it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jP-hIl8cRNk
youtube.com/watch?v=m1mx-VIUp2o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Azumanga is super overrated

>two azumanga threads at the exact same time
Now that's rare.

Azumanga created Cute Girls Doing Cute Things as we know it.

>nothing in its genre has ever hit the right combination of comedy, character personalities and heart needed to top it
Nichijou could have if its comedy was a bit more accessible

I like Hidamari and Ichigo Mashimaro more.

>Ichigo Mashimaro
Ichigo Mashimaro is like if you made Tomo the main character and every other girl a mere supporting character.

I don't know, there is something about this one that I really like, it's hitting something inside me.

Nichijou's problem is that it tries overly hard to be absurd but if you're going to do absurd humor you better be damn sure you get it right, otherwise you seem like a spastic 11-year-old. Compare the shoe joke. Same basic concept for the joke but Nichijou tries to extend it with this stupid chase scene that completely kills any of the humor in the situation. The original joke is ridiculous enough on its own to be funny.

youtube.com/watch?v=jP-hIl8cRNk

youtube.com/watch?v=m1mx-VIUp2o

Urusei Yatsura was doing it for 21 years prior.

Nah that was lucky star.
Azumanga was just a random outcropping of cute girls doing cute things. Lucky star started the tidal wave.

Probably your nutbladder.

Also, that's why I outright skip the New Year's episode on any Azumanga rewatches. The show dips when it focuses less on the characters interacting with one another and I find the New Year's episode completely unwatchable because of it. Same reason Sakaki's my least favorite character: she doesn't really have much interaction with the group aside from Chiyo so she can sperg out about stuff being cute. The series would probably be even better if her spot in the group was swapped with Kagura's.

I was waiting for this.

Ichigo Mashimaro is also my fave slice of life. Reminds me of hanging out at my friends house after school.

I actually like this Nichijou scene a lot, it's one of the better ones. However, its meaning is completely different from the original one, as the viewer is expected to have seen Azumanga. So the punchline was that dog in the end. Many of its better scenes are not actually comedic, but still strangely engaging and cozy, which makes up for the lack of comedy in my opinion.

Minami-Ke season 1 and 4

Is that so?

There's a long line of high school/moe/absurd shows between Azumanga Daioh and Lucky Star that were clearly influenced by Azumanga Daioh.

And even after that, moe shows like K-On have more in common with AD then Lucky Star.

I know

How the hell are you supposed to celebrate the 15 year anniversary correctly? Alcohol while rewatching?

I don't see why not.

Overtly
Sensuous
Always
Kawaii
Awesome

>tfw Chiyo is about 28 years old now
>She's probably done all these things

It's pretty funny how much the series all but outright tells you Nyamo was a huge slut.

With me.

Well, Barasui basically wrote it from seeing his sister and her friends hang out after school.

Your life is super overrated, end it at once.

Have you bought the Omnibus yet user?

If you're basing your idea on that scene let me tell you that is something any girl in her mid twenties like Nyamo knows. In fact, it's probably not that hardcore stuff since the girls are all embarrassed but now like HOLY SHIT YOU CAN STICK A PEEPEE IN THERE TOO??? or something like that.

UY is a harem through and through. Doesn't stack up the same.

Are Mashimaros for lewd?

Azumanga is proto-nichijou.

i have it, but only because i love AD. I have an aversion for omnibuses in general, but it's dowright impossible to find the original 4 volumes in any language.

The timing in the first of the Nichijou bits is so much better that it makes up for the unfunny shoe gag.

Also, when all 3 parts are played back to back like that it loses it impact. If I'm remembering correctly, they would have been interspersed throughout the episode to liven things up after slower, cozier sketches. IMO, the overall episode pacing alternating between high-paced, frantic sketches, peaceful eyecatches, and heartwarming character moments were what made Nichijou really stand out. Not unlike this season's Maid Dragon

>He doesn't like the others
Nice job thinking for yourself.

Yes. I turned the page from 57 to the next one, turns out that page 52 is the new way to say 58.

That doesn't mean she was shitting on a guys' chest after taking a dick enema. Just that she's almost definitely fucked a good number of guys. The stuff with Yukari always comes off like she was fucking around (literally) while in college/into her 20s before deciding to tone it down and "give up on men" or whatever.