We desperately need a modern art hate thread

Take something thats clearly retarded, and pretend to find it smart and hip. Its a perfect analogy for liberalism.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oLV609Pqnl8?t=336
qz.com/535482/italian-museum-cleaners-mistook-a-contemporary-art-piece-for-trash/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Modern art is just a scheme for money laundering desu.

came here to post this

I dont see any modern art, only post

>implying the Mouse can't buy any car he wants

He prefers steamboats though.

how does someone launder money with modern art?

Buying and selling worthless items for lots of money.

You should be happy that this is your modern art, here we had a naked guy that people touched on a museum, got really polemic after a video of a mom encouraging her kid to touch him was leaked, also totally approved by the "artists".

Literally lemons and fucking plums on a floor.

Which converts illegal fund into legitimate assets. It's pretty clever.

It is very. Especially since its value is all in the eye of the beholder. Who's to say what a piece of shit art should cost?

You know, I think I'm actually starting to "get" modern art. Thanks again, Sup Forums. You make so many things make sense.

Probably why the podesta's have such extensive collections.

The ironic thing was that someone actually put that in a modern art exhibit

I would imagine so.

Dirt, microwaved and spread on a canvas - $5000.
Ryan Estep

This is amazing, I mean wow..

Bump.

exhibition Santander.

So it's all a money laundering scheme? You know, I think it actually cheers me up a bit. Its good to know people aren't actually retarded enough to like that shit.

This makes me want to kill myself...

We need more mohammed art to combat this,

you obviously have a low IQ and can't appreciate the subtleties of societal commentary interweaved within the aesthetic of unconventional beauty. Read a book sometime, sweetie

And nouveau riche hipsters here in nyc.
A fool and his money are soon parted.

The hell are you talking about, OP? That's a damn fine replica of the boatmobile.

That reminds of something I've seen before...

Its a different interpretation, you uncultured shitlord

Looks like art work created by a nigger

Pile of gravel. Isn't it awesome?!

this pic is deep...

stupid nazis dont understand anything abstract...

lmfao...

>Deez be the wheelz i be stealing, honkey

I'm such a neanderthal

My red neck family and I have been collecting this art work for years in our backyard.

Some of it really is art. It's just shitty art.

See this is why I want to do tattooing. I love art and hate modern artists. They are SO full of themselves. Tattooing is no bullshit: It hurts, it looks badass, you do it for cash. It's the perfect mixture of art and trade. The ancient Japanese tattooed their samurais to give them courage in battle and strike fear in the enemy. Millennia of tribal chieftains were tattooed to show their fearlessness and status as alpha. Tattooing is the most based art form and the only good one today.

I'm in the wrong business.

centipede jesus

>rename it "not enough lampshades"

checked

Look at this shit
This is like what we drew in 3rd grade and hanged in the wall

You take it to the fucking grave with you. Its the epitome of individual pride and spirit.

Also having "experts" talk up your investments so you can sell them at a higher price.

OP's example was the one that made it click. Look at it. Four wheels where they'd be in a car, without the car. It's an imagination challenge.

Good fucking god we need this shit. Aside from the ICBM, as far as I’m aware, nothing is really happening. Have a bump Op.
Unironically this.

The shitty phone camera quality adds to it's sophistication

Racemixing propoganda

chill out guys.

>Implying you care about niggers and chinks race mixing
>Implying chinks are human

Tattooing is bullshit though. The parlor environments are just full of meathead ego douches. I know artists who quit tattooing professionally just to work in food and tattoo only friends and families.

yea, and you sound like you were not so angry in 3rd grade too.

This episode of Doug was the first time I was redpilled on modern art youtu.be/oLV609Pqnl8?t=336

Someone should have farted in his face. After Taco Bell, of course.

Challenge: post GOOD modern art

You see hairy man ass, and think its nice. Your opinion is as worthless as your life.

Personally, I like my skin the way it is, but if I was to get a permanent mark, scars are way more badass than tattoos.

And getting a tattoo is not the epitome of individualism, making something of yourself is. Any fuckin retard can get a tattoo.

literally any meme desu.

Sometimes it’s hard to tell if you Aussies are trolling or not.

This. Tattoos may have once been badass. Now they're the epitome of the lemming poser pretending to be an individual.

This guy gets it.

Sorry, It kinda looks more like before.1st grade, even third graders could be more descriptive
>Pic related, first thing that comes up when searching "third grade drawings"

>A child is touching a nude man
>Art

If they can get you to distrust the evidence of your own eyes, they can get you to distrust everything else in the Western Tradition.

Forgot pic

Why look or listen to something I could fart out myself? And is something like the statue of David/Bach's Well-Tempered Clavier not fine art? Those are pretty detailed and meticulous works.

Where is Piss Christ?

My blood is fucking boiling like you wouldn’t believe.

That was fuckin funny though

At least this one makes sense, its showing him die for your consumerism which is the religion of the current age.

Pretty much. I have an ass load of tattoos. They don't mean anything that special when everyone has them.

It also sucks for me too cause I can't stand them on females as they were never meant to be for females but females always want to get them or talk to me about them. Its more annoying to me than autists getting pokemon tatted.

KEK!

in the mind of a liberal this is art

As fast as I get my PC i swear ill shoop this in a museum

that piece is quite provoking. usually its just the rims that get stolen

The left side of that building looks like every fucking building constructed in US since 1946.

>want to sell $10k of drugs to someone
>$10k transaction for seemingly nothing is suspicious, money usually has a paper trail
>spend 5$ smearing shit on a canvas
>"sell" the """art""" to the guy buying the drugs
>give him the drugs when nobody is looking

Jesus, this. I had an ex tell me she wanted to get a Simpsons character tattooed across an entire side of her ribcage. That didn't last long.

i actually like that art, does this trigger you?

Most of the "Art World" is a racket to launder drug money and a shallow cover for sodomites.

Here, take this.

I don't get triggered. I just feel sorry for society that imbeciles, such as yourself are allowed to exist.

You're probably just a nigger who has tons of these stolen at your house

>story
No meaning
>dreams
cop-out, lack of direction or vision
>original and unique
chaotic and pointless
>sublime
Lacks structure or meaning
>coufounding/riverting
provokes disgust and/or confusion
>stands on its own merit
has no merit, therefore stands on nothing
>risks/exploring/obscure
random, directionless, zero time or creativity investment.
>mystery/right brain
No brain required.
>lets observer decide
artist lacks direction or vision
>unexpected
Could not be picked out from a lineup of 100 other modern artists
>looks like freedom
looks like chaos, lacks expression
>done for fun/artistic satisfaction
done for money, require no effort or devotion to skill or beauty.
>challenging and memorable
Could have been done by an ape with a paintbrush, impossible to remember compared to any of thousands of identical random pieces.
>detail only used as necessary
artist obviously thought any detail was necessary.
>technical mastery, but more subtle
Zero skill required, no vision and depicts nothing. Piece has no meaning, so artist pretend it is "too subtle".

How does Sup Forums feel about expressionism? Goebells viewed it as a distinctly German thread in modern art and decked his house out with watercolors by Emil Nolde.

That kinda works for me.

>You're probably just a nigger who has tons of these stolen at your house
Back in the old neighborhood we used to leave the cars sitting on class bottles.

>How does Sup Forums feel about expressionism?
Pretty wallpaper

Why's that? The piece you posted is pretty interesting and funny. It's immediately recognizable as a car, despite being made up of only wheels. It's not, like, D E E P, or anything, it's just a fun piece. What's the big deal?

I don't really give a shit about Goebells, but I'm mostly a fan of it. The only thing that ever rubbed me the wrong was its typical palette, it's too saturated and strange for my tastes.

>It's not, like, D E E P, or anything, it's just a fun piece.
You realize that if you praise shit - you deserve shit

I just think that people like to "get" certain pieces of art because it sucks. They believe that if they understand it and see beauty in it, while others don't, that they must be special. Its 4 fucking tires. Not special, cute or funny. I don't hate the piece you posted though.

It actually means something in most cases, looks very nice

qz.com/535482/italian-museum-cleaners-mistook-a-contemporary-art-piece-for-trash/

This is a well known case I think you'll appreciate.