Weekly Shounen Jump Issue 16 ToC

Robot×Laserbeam (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
One Piece
Dr. Stone
Black Clover (CP)
Shokugeki no Souma
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan (CP)
Hinomaru Zumou
Boku no Hero Academia
Haikyuu!! (CP)
Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
Yakusoku no Neverland
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san (CP)
U19
Spring Weapon Number One
Harapeko no Marie
Poro no Ryuugaku-ki
Samon-kun wa Summoner
Gintama
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Shounen Jump Issue 17:
Cover, Lead CP: Boku no Hero Academia
CP: Shokugeki no Souma, Yakusoku no Neverland, Robot×Laserbeam

Pure ranking

01 One Piece c.853
02 Soma c.200
03 Kimetsu c.47
04 Hinomaru c.130
05 Hero Academia c.124
06 Neverland c.24
07 No.01 c.14
08 Samon c.66
09 Gintama c.621

Guy who posted the Fake ToC this morning got BTFO.

So when are some series going to get cancelled?

>09 Gintama c.621
Why hasn't this been cancelled yet? Serious question.

Dammit, Souma stop being a roller coaster.

Not sure about now but it used to sell pretty reliably in volume and anime form.

>03 Kimetsu c.47
I'm so glad for this.

On average, 8-12 issues from when the first new series of the previous round started, so around issue 18 to 22. They might hold back longer this time though since 6 new series is unprecedented in modern Jump, they might want to really feel out which of the 6 to cancel.

Haha and they said Soma was in trouble

Bokuben's first rank is next week, and then the culling begins.

Poro and U19 should be put on the chopping board next month and will be cancelled by the end of may.
Dr. Stone started later so it might not be cancelled till june.
Still can't tell with Marie and the newer series and We Never Learn might survive past initial cuts purely on sex appeal.

>Black Clover constantly getting color pages

I get that it's more loved by kids than us, but seriously Jump

Glad to see THICK men doing THICCC things continuing to do well.

For the most part you can predict when Souma will be high and when it will be low. Readers are being kind of predictable about what they like and don't like in the manga.

Kids are more important.
It's the nintendo approach except it's actually working.
Hook them while their kids and you'll have customers for life.

So World Trigger can't return to the magazine until the end of May then?

It hasn't gotten that many color pages lately.

The first few weeks where the new series get ranked are going to be chaos

The beginning.
U19 could be cancelled by early May

Average ranking over last 8 issues

01.37 One Piece
02.39 Haikyu
02.85 Hero Academia
03.19 Black Clover
03.51 Kimetsu
04.46 Neverland
05.20 Soma
06.41 Hinomaru
06.99 Gintama
07.17 Sesuji
07.56 No.01
07.78 Yuna
08.45 Saiki
08.61 Samon
10.72 Amalgam
11.00 Ole Golazo
12.25 Demon's Plan

Average excluding ended series

01.40 One Piece
02.38 Haikyu
02.79 Hero Academia
03.12 Black Clover
03.50 Kimetsu
04.28 Neverland
04.92 Soma
06.28 Hinomaru
06.88 Gintama
07.30 No.01
07.73 Yuna
08.16 Saiki
08.65 Samon

Guess it doesn't matter since it's ending anyway, but it's a bit sad to see Gintama so low. Looking forward to the Neverland CP though, Posuka's art is great.

Glad Kimetsu is still doing well

it doesn't get as much as it used to plus it isn't the only one that gets color pages

BnHA is getting 4 color posters in a row starting next week. That's something not even One Piece has ever gotten, it's a much more pushed series than Black Clover.

Samon next on the chopping block, huh? How does Saiki perform in volume sales?

It was doing bad in the rankings for about a month or two straight.

As someone who doesn't pay attention to rankings much, why isn't Isobe ranked?

Posters are extras they aren't color pages or covers BC gets those every fucking week

Saiki isn't going anywhere with the live action adaptation still upcoming.

Saiki does over 100k, and it is absolutely immune until its already confirmed second season premieres. Jump has never cancelled one of their manga while it still had an anime in the pipeline, not to mention the live-action film. Both of those adaptations are to promote the manga, so the manga's safe until those come out.

>Robot×Laserbeam
Next big seller incoming. Hopefully this should whip back Furudate into shape and actually start lessening the overall QUALITY in the series.

The other 5 should just get cancelled asap to give way to other new upcoming oneshot/series.

>08.65 Samon
RIP scum

The author has a special deal with the editors, so Isobe is always at the end of the magazine to end on a happy note because it's a gag manga.

>How does Saiki perform in volume sales?
Poorly i'd bet.
It's written in a way that works better for a weekly format than volumes.
But as the other guy said it probably isn't going to be cancelled any time soon.
Jump has a pretty sizable clump of trash in it's newer series to go through before cutting into the long running stuff.

>08.61 Samon
Numa needs to work on improving his techniques so he could stay serialized.

>08.65 Samon
Jump should start bundling the volumes with the author's dvd with his/the editors.

There are only so many hobos you can sacrifice before the cops start to get suspicious, user.

>05 Hero Academia c.124
>That chapter when Mirio wrecked Class A and explain his quirk
Nips confirmed for hating Miro. Nips have great taste.
Mirio a shit.

I guarantee Samon's been cancelled or at least told to wrap things up. The latest raws are reeking of final arc flags. It only needs 11 more chapters to fill up its 9th and 10th volumes. I give it 11 weeks, it's been given the Sesuji treatment.

please get banned again

I like BC color pages, though.

Which new series do you think will survive?
My vote is Dr. Stone, storyline is fun and the characters are a little quirky, it will stay quite a bit.
I'm not sure about U19 but Poro might get axed if it keeps being so boring after chapter 1.

What exactly wrong with haikyuu lately? I mean it's kinda dragging but overall it's been a lot more enjoyable ever since shiratorizawa match ended. Won't haikyuu end after nationals are finished anyways?

Robot, Stone and Marie will get pref treatment and survive more. Maybe WNS as well. Poro and U19 are already dead.

I like We never learn, it has been comfy so far, nothing extraordinary, but comfy, but it being a harem, i don't have idea how the rankings will be

>Sesuji dead
>Samon dying
If anything happens to Kimetsu the unholy trinity will be complete and I will start literally shitting salt.

>World Trigger returns the week after the author finally fulfills his end of the bargain with his deal with the devil

I'd be perfectly OK with this.

Kimetsu's already graduated from their little shit club.

I think RxL, Marie and Stone are save
U19 is born dead
WNL will survive
and Poro have 50/50 chance of survival

>Samon ending before Spring Weapon

I get that Samon doesn't sell well but it does at least 3x what Spring Weapon does, and Spring Weapon doesn't rank that much better

Does Jump really expect Spring Weapon to reach even Samon level sells?

>U19 is so shit no one is even bothered to translate it pass chapter 2.

For a moment I thought you posted bara

To add to your point, Hinomaru isn't being rushed at all, in fact in the raws, it just used 3.5 chapters solely focusing on a match of the 3rd or 4th most important character of the main team, but even at the slow pace it's going, it's going to end in 25 chapters or less.

Samon will be gone in time for next round, and Hinomaru should end in the round after that.

Dr stone,Marie and Kuroko 2 will survive the round
Others are prob ded along with Samon to make way for world trigger. Maybe hunter x hunter returning

They've spent 2 years promoting Samon on and off, and it's never grown. Spring weapon is an unknown commodity, they've barely done any pushing for it, Jump's waiting to see if they can cultivate it or if it's another 30k dud like samon and Sesuji.

>hunter x hunter returning

I don't understand how ranking in Jump works.
If all running series are good but some still have to get fewer votes and end up in the bottom, would Jump still axe them?
Do they consider the sales before axing?

Hinomaru is such a toss up because jump doesn't have much else long enough for an anime. They may force the author to extend it in order to air an anime. It's hard to say where it's heading

Why are people having so much faith in RxL?
Golf is fucking boring (and slow).

> finally found cute high quality shota in Poro
> nobody translates it at all
Being shotafag is suffering

Poro's design is good, too bad the plot can't save it.

Go ask in the Scanlation thread, maybe someone will translate it.

>Axed for sure: U19, Poro
>Likely axed: We Never Learn
>Likely survives: Dr. Stone, Marie
>Survives for sure: Robot

Even if every new series flops, I doubt Jump will cancel them all in a single round. Because Marie and Dr. Stone are a few weeks behind the others and are from veterans Jump would likely cancel the first 3 new series first, plus there's always the possibility of Samon and Spring Weapon getting cancelled, and Gintama ending. They're guaranteed to make it past the 3 volume mark, of nothing else.

I just want my cute shotas doing cute things ;_;

It's the fucking Kuroko author dude
Gintama got a while to go still

Since it won't survive past twelve chapters anyway, the author should just make it blatant shota fanservice, add in as much sexual harassment as the editors will allow and end on an implied threesome between Poro, Thirst-chan and Hairclip-kun. It's already crashing and burning, so might as well fill it up with dynamite and watch the fireworks.

I guess it could be extended but it would feel unnatural, Hinomaru's up against his greatest rival soon, the one that's been hyped up for literally over 100 chapters. The only way it could continue after Hinomaru beats him is to have a time-skip where he's graduated high school and competing professionally. And I don't know if Kawada plans to do that, he'd have to abandon 90% of the cast.

>03 Kimetsu c.47
Fuck yeah.
>08 Damon c.66
All hope is lost.

>Kuroko author
So? Fujoshi aren't loyal to creators, are they?

I think only newer series will get axed if they don't become sufficiently popular. Stuff that's been able to remain popular for years but falls in rankings gets a little more leeway to boost itself.

Will RxL starts with another first chapter confession?

Kimetsu broke 40k in sales for volume 5's first week and is getting pushed like crazy, its place is secured.

You don't take the manga factor in consideration, with golf you can create cheap hype very easily, the clothing can get very faggy and given it's author, it will steal all the fujo money from haiq in weeks

So how does it look like it's going to end?

Is it shaping up into a decent ending or is the author just gonna troll us with something he pulled out of his ass at the last minute?

There will either be a first chapter confession or a third chapter thirsty bitch. Or both, if the gods are merciful.

fuck, Samon is finished with all these new titles coming out

>something he pulled out of his ass at the last minute
Like with what?

It's more likely to draw their attention to check it out as opposed to some newcomer. Loyal fans will show support to the author as well.

They will for sure at least check the first chapters of this.

Honestly I agree. It'd be hard for zumo to continue after this without an asspull. Just hard to predict what jumps planning for it. When's it's next anniversary? That'll be the time to announce an anime if there are plans for it

>final battle or whatever's going on now
>Art reverted back to how it looked in Chapter 1
>Samon's demon army and human buddies about to duke it out with the last boss
>WHOOPS WE GOT CANCELED TOO BAD FOR YOU
>hamsterface.jpeg

Fujoshi truly are terrifying creatures.

I kinda assumed Gintama is ending soon because of the anime

It's adapting the Rakuyou arc now, so once it's done with that I assume it'll start adapting the final arc. But if Gintama doesn't end soon, what are they going to adapt? Unless that just end it at 2 cours in the middle of the final arc, they're gonna outpace the manga at this rate.

That's probably the idea. They'll base the finale on sorachis notes most likely

So about how long does it still have, in terms of months?

Nope.

It's decent, but the problem is that the way the manga's set up, this final arc won't really give any closure to the human supporting characters since the author never integrated them into the main plot. But it's at least going to be tying up Samon's character arc. The arc itself isn't rushed but it feels like we could have gotten dozens of comedy chapters before this.

Beelzebub, one of the 3 commanders of hell, has a grudge against Anri that he wants to settle. So he commands the pillars to help him, which sets up Nebiros against Samon, only serious this time. Samon summons Mastema, the previous arc viillain, to help him. And that was last week. Samon's whole motivation for being a summoner is to become strong enough for Anri to acknowledge him as her friend. Once he presumably saves her and beats Beelzebub,
his whole character is resolved and the series can then do an epilogue about how Tesshi was dragged to hell.

Probably 5 or 6 so in the next two cancellation rounds. Sorachi is trying to tie up every loose end for the final arc and involving all the major characters. The Shinsengumi still haven't shown up I don't think

?

Creepy. Looks like a modern ""art"" exhibit.

Kai wins the Samonbowl. Nebi wins the Tesshibowl.

>U19,Poro and Samon get cancelled
>World trigger returns in Samons place alongside a batch of one shots
>Spring weapon wraps up alongside gintama and zumo if there's no anime
>HxH returns in gintamas place
>Saiki ends after S2 wraps up
Should be how it goes

Some are pretty good

>perfectly normal gag chapter
>suddenly someone stabs Samon through the back
>"sorry Samon, but I was actually a demon this entire time"

They're not getting rid of all their gag manga. At least one of those is sticking around alongside Isobee, they've always had at least 3-4 comedies at once.

>Not funding a cult for your waifu

So, this would be a case of "I was only pretending to be retarted" trope, but replace "retarded" with nice, instead?

Marie will probably fill one of those spots. Kinda ensures it's survival actually