Judge Rules in Favor of Trans Couple in Colorado Housing Dispute

luxoraleader.com/judge-gold-hill-landlord-who-refused-same-sex-couple-violated-federal-state-law/299886/

A federal judge in Denver on Wednesday ruled that a Gold Hill property owner violated both the Federal Housing Act and the Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act by refusing to rent her property to a same-sex couple — one of whom is transgender — and their children, due to concerns about their “unique relationship.”

Tanya Smith and Rachel Smith, the 30-year-old transgender woman to whom she has been married for five years, looked at property in 2015 in Gold Hill when they were moving out of their home in Erie.

Critical to the plaintiffs‘ case was a series of emails received from Avanti, including one that said, according to the suit, “Your unique relationship would become the town focus, in small towns everyone talks and gossips, all of us would be the most popular subject in town, in this way I could not be a low profile” (sic).

“We have emails documenting the rationale for the denial of housing of the Smith family,” Gonzalez-Pagan said on Wednesday. “It was as pure a question of law as this court could have encountered, and the court held that the Fair Housing Act prohibits discrimination based on sex stereotypes as they apply to LGBT people, and their families.”

Tanya Smith said the couple and their two boys, 7 and 3, are currently living in their friends‘ basement apartment in Aurora, and that whatever comes to them by way of damages will be “helpful,” but that “it‘s more important that other people are protected

The Denver ruling came just one day after that workplace discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation violates Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Moore said the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals had previously ruled the opposite way, suggesting that question could be headed for the U.S. Supreme Court.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/FeyO8
discord
archive.is/f5nHG
deseretnews.com/article/383673/GAY-STUDENT-DENIED-FAMILY-HOUSING-AT-U.html
washingtonblade.com/2013/06/19/hud-study-finds-lgbt-discrimination-in-online-rental-ads/
houstonpress.com/news/can-airbnb-fix-its-discrimination-problem-gay-houston-man-denied-housing-says-no-8561297
hawaiinewsnow.com/story/7995819/housing-denied-for-gay-couple-at-university
wsaz.com/news/headlines/84994592.html
towleroad.com/2014/10/gay-london-couple-denied-housing-for-not-being-a-regular-couple/
lgbtqnation.com/2012/08/gay-couple-files-complaint-after-being-denied-apartment-in-canada/
huffingtonpost.com/entry/lgbt-state-bills-discrimination_us_570ff4f2e4b0060ccda2a7a9
archive.is/hagDK
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Briggs_Initiative
eisenhower.archives.gov/research/subject_guides/pdf/Homosexuals_in_Government_and_Security.pdf
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0049089X1500085X
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just as the founders wanted

BAKE THAT CAKE BIGOT

So what happens if this reaches the supreme Court? Legal discrimination against fags?

>doesnt want to be the center of attention in gossip
>drags this dispute through the courts until its national news

bigot logic

>GIVE ME THE LEASE BIGOT

bump

Gladly, as soon as I can walk into a Jewish bakery and force them to bake pic related.

Businesses cannot be coerced into producing anti-gay messages:

archive.is/FeyO8

that's fine as long as pro-gay messages can't be forced on business either.

People who try to make a Jewish business do a nazi cake are trying to subdue and harass the business. Non-discrimination laws only apply to bona fide customers.

same thing can be said about fags forcing a christian business owner to do anything for them
they can go to literally any other place and yet they often choose christian owned businesses just so they can fuck with them
thats as far from a bona fide customer as you can get

They had no idea in advance the owner was an anti-gay bigot or they wouldn't have gone to the Masterpiece Cake Shop. You do realize courts look at this and take it into account?

discord gg/XB5FX3u

add a .

How did this get so high in the courts? If you have a property for rent, whoever has the money and passes the background check should get the lease.

And to the Supreme Court it goes.

Aren't we currently awaiting the SC's decision on the bake-the-fucking-cake case (also out of Colorado)?

so what if some Nazis walk into a Jewish cake shop without knowing in advance they are Jewish?

False. They knew exactly what they were doing. It was a set up.

RENT THE FUCKING HOUSE

Prove it. You are full of shit.

The cake maker only make heterosexual wedding cakes.

What exactly can you do if you're renting a property and a nigger/transnigger shows up? Is simply denying them discrimination or do you have to say that you're denying them because of who they are? If you're literally not allowed to deny them I wonder if you can just say you found mold or something and try again in a few months

That has nothing to do with the gay couple knowing that in advance and trying to fuck with him.

So your logic boils down to, "I get to point the gun of state power at your head to enforce my ideology but you don't get to do the same."

You do know where this ends right?

discrimination laws were a mistake

That those who are trying to cause harm to others don't need to be served. Customers who enter you business in good faith of any particular color or sexuality need to be served (in Colorado) but political beliefs, are not protected.

It ends in who controls the force, idiot. You're too blind to see what kind of system you're setting up. When you remove choice and simply use the government to enforce ideology you pave the way for tyranny.

But you're so far up your ass with indoctrination that you can't view the world in any other terms that victim/oppressor with you being the benefactor of that model. You have no idea what you're bringing about.

The only judgement will be of religious people as hypocrites trying a sinister social engineering plan that is failing and losing support.

So you oppress their rights and use the system to make yourself legally superior to them. You're full of hate and I feel disgusted talking to you.

if people wanted gay people to exist, they wouldnt make laws to force people to tolerate them.

Wait a minute, if one is transgender woman then how the fuck is it a "gay couple"? It's a woman plus a dressed up, and/or modified, male.

Yeah, I wouldn't at all be surprised if these gay couples (and it's always lesbians oddly enough) work with LGBT activist groups to find businesses/people who they know have views that aren't acceptable in Current Year in order to pull shit like this.

You have been abusing the legal system for years to harm us, and you don't have that right anymore. I don't know what to tell you. The jig is up.

see image

its the only reason someone would go to court for 2-3 years over a RENTAL

We now have to bake the cake, suck the gay man's dick, and now have to give up our houses...

Where will it end?

The owner was trying to be a decent person by being honest. The owner was saying that this place is not a good one for people like you to come to, and it's going to make a lot of drama. But you can't do that now. If you want to discriminate you have to do it in some way that is not legally provable as discrimination. Landlords live in fear of getting shit tenants.

>Where will it end?

I think they assumed the other people would be rational and fair, accepting a "no" for a "no" instead of generating a shitstorm.

>and their children

Also, you couldn't have fudged some other reason not to rent to them? Or tell them "sorry, but it's already been rented"? What kind of literal retard discriminates against members of the LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ community in current year?

>You have been abusing the legal system for years to harm us

exactly how?

>you can't even do what you want with your private property any more

Jews need to stop doing this to us.

Getting gay people fired for just being gay. Denying us housing. Kicking us out of our homes. Come fucking on. You abused us, and now you can't anymore. Get used to it.

>You have been abusing the legal system for years to harm us

Citation needed. And even if you can prove it (which you can't) does it justify removing the rights of religious people?

Cite which law requires firing of gays. Also cite which law specifically doesn't allow gays housing. And what law requires gays to be evicted?

Cite them right fucking now.

If this is bait, you're working to hard, if this is your honest posting, you're parents hate the faggot you are, you know it, and it does hurt you deep down even though you've buried it in "yass", cock, and Jewish empowerment

This is honestly all the landlords fault. All they had to do was take their application, throw it in the shredder and never call back, then rent the place to a mentally stable tenant/tenants.

archive.is/f5nHG

deseretnews.com/article/383673/GAY-STUDENT-DENIED-FAMILY-HOUSING-AT-U.html

washingtonblade.com/2013/06/19/hud-study-finds-lgbt-discrimination-in-online-rental-ads/

The findings: same-sex couples face unequal treatment compared to straight couples when responding to online ads for rental units. Also, the report found gay male couples experience more discrimination than lesbian couples.

According to the study, straight couples were favored over gay male couples in 15.9 percent of tests and over lesbian couples in 15.6 percent of tests.

houstonpress.com/news/can-airbnb-fix-its-discrimination-problem-gay-houston-man-denied-housing-says-no-8561297

hawaiinewsnow.com/story/7995819/housing-denied-for-gay-couple-at-university

wsaz.com/news/headlines/84994592.html

"I think it's discrimination," Rayetta Darby said.

Darby is gay. She and her partner, Erika Johnson, have been together for two years. They were looking forward to sharing an apartment together when they hit an unexpected roadblock with their potential landlord.

"I said, 'Is it the gay thing?' and I got a response that, 'Yeah, I guess I have a problem with that,' " Darby said.

towleroad.com/2014/10/gay-london-couple-denied-housing-for-not-being-a-regular-couple/

lgbtqnation.com/2012/08/gay-couple-files-complaint-after-being-denied-apartment-in-canada/

A landlord doesnt need to know youre gay. literally nobody does.

>britfag reading comprehension

And I don't need to know you are a small-minded religious zealot. Keep your bullshit to yourself.

Which part of the landlord saying he doesn't like gays in that story have anything to do with religious people using the legal system to harm them? That isn't abuse of the legal system, that's someone saying "I don't like faggots".

None of those are laws. You made a claim that the legal system was used against you then supported it with zero evidence. After committing various fallacies and finally trying to move the goalposts this hard, I have determined that you are a liar, a shill, and an idiot.

just stay down

why do you come here?
you don't realise agitating Sup Forums actively harms the lgbt community?

I don't think that was the case here. They live in their friend's basement. I think they saw a opportunity to sue a small business for tons of money after they rejected them and they took it.

What would convince you? Nothing would convince you. Religious people have been trying to pass laws to harm gays for decades:

huffingtonpost.com/entry/lgbt-state-bills-discrimination_us_570ff4f2e4b0060ccda2a7a9

archive.is/hagDK

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Briggs_Initiative

eisenhower.archives.gov/research/subject_guides/pdf/Homosexuals_in_Government_and_Security.pdf

no answer?

>be fags
>want attention
>go to every cake shop in town and ask for cake
>find one guy that won't make it
>make the whole thing into a civil rights shitshow instead of going to the numerous shops that will, and even the fag-owned shops that specialize.

t. Coloradoan who knows of at least 4 fag bakeries

>You do realize courts look at this and take it into account?

False. That information is Involved only if: first it is shown to be vital information, and second, the defendant or prosecutor can argue it is a point that should have merit. Many things are outright left out of cases even vital evidence because it is ruled not important.

why do you do this?

Wow I need to move to Colorado. It sucks to be a transgender woman and a Democrat living in Texas.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Fuck off we're full.

It's all about how the writer of the article phrases it and which pronouns they use with pride for the freaks.

>Boohoo I'm a victim
>US president makes transgender bathrooms legal
>Waah why am I so oppressed?
Right to marry
>They hate us so much!
>Doctors prescribe sex change pills to teens
>hospitals built dedicated to sex change operations
>So cruel to me
>Allowed to join military which is taught sensitivity training and calls them by their preference gender.

The high homeless number for homos is related to the fact many also suffer from crippling depression, crippling anxiety, suicidal thoughts, bipolar disorders, etc. And guess what Skippy? Motherfucking mentally ill people are the number one homeless people. Many homeless homos would be in a home receiving aid right now if you selfish counts would try to tackle the lack of care for the mentally ill and homeless instead of just the gay ones that happen to have those issues.

Nothing will ever fill that hole inside you. You will never feel complete or satisfied. This is why I despise SJWs. You take and take and cry victim. You really get along with Jews well.

I'm not really here to defend trannies, that is a whole other mess, but either way I don't think people should be denied housing without a decent reason.

You shame people for being different, then try to scare them out of being the way they are by warning that unpleasant consequences will come their way if they deviate from the norm. But all the while you distance yourself from the consequences, absolving yourself from them because it is, as you say, simply a matter of cause and effect. If you do THIS then THAT will happen, and there’s nothing you can do about it. And yet YOU are the ones whose actions produce the consequences they are supposed to fear.

It is YOUR rejection of people who are different from you which produces the pain in these people lives. It reminds me of the Catholic culture warrior who insists that gay people don’t want legitimate marriages because they can’t produce children, when that’s only a problem because those same culture warriors tirelessly work to lobby legislators to outlaw same-sex adoption because they are convinced before any actual longitudinal studies can be completed that having two parents of the same sex makes kids maladapted, somehow.

discord gg/XB5FX3u

add a .

Take your ass back to Neofag cunt. People need to be shamed when they're acting like degenerates and people like the bitch in the OP should be able to tell anyone they don't like to fuck off from their property.

do you realise that by agitating Sup Forums you harm the lgbt community?

I think you are acting degenerate.

by bumping this thread you have promoted homophobia

You are a fucking nutter.

He's right you know.

do you realise that by agitating Sup Forums you harmed the lgbt community?

> I don't think people should be denied housing without a decent reason

I'd say saving ones home from the small town wrath against out group members is a good reason
I'd say warning a faggot couple they'll be hyperfocused on because of small town mentality is a good reason too

It's a polite way of saying "freaks not welcome"

You realize you can't shame people on an anonymous internet forum, right?

Why do transgendered guys always take on stripper names?

why do you come here?

(these are rhetorical questions, please do not feel obliged to reply)

why do you come here?

Are the gays still here? Do they realize that people are not obligated to like them? That's what this bullshit is about, using the state to force people to not merely tolerate their presence, but to fucking celebrate it.

There's this thing called freedom of association, or at least there was such a thing as freedom of association. If a person doesn't want to deal with gays or whatever, they shouldn't have to, that's their choice.

>muh 1970s surveys

It is literally 2017 almost 2018. Your statistics are outdated horseshit that nobody wants to smell.

>why do you come here?
>you don't realise agitating Sup Forums actively harms the lgbt community?
>(these are rhetorical questions, please do not feel obliged to reply)

Do you have an updated survey that refutes the information I posted? If not, that info still stands.

Classical physics was not immediately declared outdated and useless 40 years after its inception, it was declared outdated when the new model of physics came along and supplanted it. This is how accepted data/information/theories works. A general line of thought and evidence is considered the benchmark until something can come along to debunk it. The info being old does not make it any less right.

1. A non-negligible number of respondents were miscounted as having been raised in LM or GF households. The sources of these potential errors—which we estimate to exceed one-third of Regnerus’s subsample of LM and GF—were the inclusion of individuals whose highly implausible responses to other questions call all of their responses into doubt, individuals who reported living in these households for a very short period of time, and individuals whose responses in the calendar data were incompatible with the original categorization of being raised in a LM of GF household.

2. A number of other methodological and modeling decisions made by Regnerus—decisions that have plausible alternatives that at minimum should be checked to assess the robustness of the patterns—appear to artificially inflate the differences between LM/GF and IBF households.

3. Once corrections to these potential coding errors and alternatives to these methodological choices are made, the putative disadvantage in the outcome profile of respondents from same-sex parent families (both single-parent LM and GF house- holds and two-parent LM and GF households) decreases dramatically—with some of the remaining differences not ‘‘sub- optimal’’ (e.g., whether or not the respondent identifies as entirely heterosexual and the number of other-sex partners) or a function of one or two influential cases.

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0049089X1500085X

why do you come here?

Exactly, every time I see one of you shit stirring faggots I hate your kind more.

After reading this thread, I feel Ike bashing a fag.

why do you come here?

(these are rhetorical questions, please do not feel obliged to reply)

you provide them the information they need to attack you more efficiently

you train them to anticipate your arguments and provide them additional opportunity to formulate their response.

we get it
trannies are women too

They train me.

why do you come here?

>They train me.

while you train ALL of them
congratulations you have been promoted to useful idiot first class

I've seen other people use the links and citations I have provided. That makes it worth it.

Housing projects exist because even jews dont wanna rent to nogs

>every time I see one of you shit stirring faggots I hate your kind more.
>After reading this thread, I feel Ike bashing a fag.
Agreed. My level of faggot fatigue is rapidly approaching the level of negro fatigue.

Ironic that you come to a place called politically incorrect and demand conformity of opinion.

>but either way I don't think people should be denied housing without a decent reason.

Why exactly do you think you have a RIGHT to live in my house faggot?

>other people use

used here i assume, to continue the agitation?

meanwhile irl angry fascists, fired up by that homo who made them look stupid, head out for a night a queer bashing

>Just about everyone agrees that you are mentally ill
>No you just demand conformity!
I would feel bad for the mentally ill if they didnt consistently try to steal rights from useful people
As it stands, well see you on the day of the rope