How is this even a debate? Rei is much better than Asuka

I finally got around to binge watching all original 26 episodes and I just don't get it, what do ppl see in Asuka? Not even shitposting, she has no redeeming qualities about her. None. The Rei clones show more compassion than this mean-spirited, vulgur bitch who is out there only for herself. I know Asuka is there to provide contrast and perhaps represent some Freudian meaning but she was like an exaggerated caricature. Taking things at face value, she's an awful person. Such a disappointment because initially I thought she was more attractive before I actually watched the show.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cwBs3VsNfdY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i completely agree with you, OP.

i completely dont agree with you

Fuck off Reifag

Menstruation fetish?

Asuka is going to be mega slut when she gets older, as evidence by the live action segment it WILL happen.

>Falling for the waifubait

they're both shit

Rei is best

Fuck off Reifag

They're both shit waifus, the difference is that one bores me to tears.

They are both terrible people. One is abusive, the other lacks empathy.
But Rei is clearly best girl. I mean please!

Rei can be replaced by a blow up doll and nothing will change.

Kaworu > Misato > Asuka = Rei

Misato > Rei >>> Asuka > Shinji > Kaworu

I actually agree with you, OP. Although there is no good waifu material in Eva (except maybe Shinji). There all fucked up in different ways.

Exceptionally shit taste.

Asuka > Misato > Kaworu > Shinji > everyone else >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rei

I thought the same thing after finishing the manga. I'm half convinced people like asuka only because anno convinced them that, if they didn't, they can't handle "strong women" or some shit.

Ramiel > Sakura > Maya > Misato > Kaworu > Shinji > Asuka=Rei > Ritsuko > everything else

Asuka's arc near the end of the series is pretty good.

What makes it worse is Rei was only trying to help in the elevator scene.
As a form of thanks she gets a slap to the face.

How fucking long has it been?

How many of these kinds of threads do you think have been created in the past 20+ years? Not just here but everywhere else on the net.

It will never stop, you know.

Guys, is she gonna be okay?!

Is she having a hard time?

>vulgur bitch who is out there only for herself
literally fought giant monsters to the death by herself to prevent human extinction

Asuka did nothing wrong

the reason she wanted to become a pilot in the first place was to fuel her ego
everything she does is purely for selfish reasons

delete this

Her contrast with Shinji is one of the most thought out relationships in the entire series, being effected by both their thoughts on relationships with others and their thoughts of themselves which both change drastically.
Meanwhile Rei is has no thoughts on herself because she's a literal doll that dies several times and doesn't care.

>completely ignores rei's relationship with gendo and how that shapes her view of ikari

Rei is probably the worst character ever created in any medium.

Still doesn't change the fact that she doesn't have any pride or even a human level of self worth.

I completely agree, OP

they both need to hail to the queen

I like her because she's cute.

This.

>binge
>ppl
Classic Reifag.

Please, don't start throwing shoes right now.

I mean not just self worth but also self worthlessness too, Rei doesn't have anything to do with herself and won't ever because she's a tool for Gendo who she's happy to be broken by until he's got happiness.

>words hurr
Not an argument.

Shitty picture, Reifag

>Ramiel better than any waifu
My nigga.

Asuka is the equivalent of a forced meme. Anno likes Asuka the most so he has been pandering Asuka to the otaku for nearly 20 years in order to catch up with Rei's genuine popularity.

People who like Asuka are in denial and are generally shippers.

If you really watched the shows Misato is infinitely better than both

Shitty waifu Asucuck

OP did you know Asuka's character is a ripoff? Its basically Annos toy character.

He stole kushanas backstory and literally used doujin material to finish her character.

Rei literally has long monologues where she ponders about herself. You sidnt get Evangelion if you fail to realize Asuka is a doll.

It literally rubs it in your fave that Asuka is the equivalent of a real doll in EOE as anyone can just waltz up to her and use her sexually.

>not posting that gif
>gif

misato is best girl and you can never prove me wrong

Misato is vanilla.
Misato is like drinking plain water
Misato is flavorless, unmemorable and unexceptional in any shape or form.

This user gets it.
Look how adorable she is.

Misato > Rei > Shinji > Ritsuko > Gendo > Kaworu > Asuka.

Casuals and other stupid people think Asuka is a good character, because she screams a lot, and has a tragic backstory.
Smarter people understand Rei's more subtle and nuanced character, and how she is all about individualism and existentialism.

Oh and what about the other pilots?

Remainder that Mari is shit and pointless
Remainder that Rebuild is shit and ill thought out
Reminder that Reifags were right all along
Reminder that Rei is best NGE girl and no amount of Annus' meddling will ever change that.
Good Day.

Forgot to quote you low level scum. Please see:

>Rei can be replaced and nothing will change

You´re rigth user, asuka will sill be an idiot bitch with a lack of parents affection

I think Rei is the best written Eva character but Asuka is a good character, for reasons far beyond anything in your post.

Lel

I love that you don't even try to argue that she isn't just a blow up doll

im lmao @ ur lyfe

Not that guy but you are both right in my opinion.

Pretty sure her pussy game is outstanding

Asuka is the embodiment of 3DPD.

The thing about Asuka is that she is a terrible person, but she's a fucked up person. Her life has not been very good. I think she and Rei are interesting for different reasons

That's impossible. If she is the embodiment of 3DPD, how can my meta interpretations of THAT scene make sense anymore? Dear user, why do you do this?

I heard about that live-action segment was linked here, but I missed it. Link please?

Reminder that Shinji is heterosexual only fujos believe otherwise

youtube.com/watch?v=cwBs3VsNfdY

Just like Rei then.

My wife Mari is so gorgeous and lively!

Is ok user, Rei is not dead yet, just open another clone bag, everything will be daijoubu.

>so rekt cant even come up with a better response

so this is the power of btfo

>Wahh, I can't come up with a response!
>Please suck my anus!

That forced exposition is terrible, glad they removed the scene.

Asuka is a retarded bitch

Rei is just retarded

Therefore Rei is better

I agree

Great post, user. I agree.
This should be the first post in every red vs blue thread.

Asuka and Kaworu are shitty people which people only like because there's so much fanservice of them, and they're the safest EVA waifus so people latch onto them because of that.

Asuka's only redeeming feature is that she's also a good character, and Kaworu's only redeeming feature is that he's just there for one episode.

Rei is both a great character and a chill grill that'll give you more than a cheap thrill. Still, dont' listen to the asukafag shill who just wants you to pay anno's otaku bill.

>butthurt Reifag that keeps crying about Asuka and Kaworu also happens to reddit space
Color me surprised.

Rei Q best girl!

You're all wrong, Shinji is best girl

Wat.
Rei ain't even Human, she's a 5 billion year old alien that can't into human emotions.
Agreed about Asuka tho.

Have fun fapping to a seductive vegetable, everyone knows the superior eva girl is Asuka.

>Have fun fapping to a seductive vegetable,

You make this so easy.

>filename
Fuck off back to wherever you came from. Nothing is easier than Rei. She let the whole world inside of her, after all.

You just got #rekt buddy, this is just one of the first hits off google that matches. Face it, Asuka is garbage and Rei is superior. You can fanwank about "b-but she's a veggie and u can fap", when that's what CANONICALLY happens to Asuka.

Wow, you insecure fucks just can't stop projecting can you? Must hurt to know Rei is canonically GOD-TIER while Asuka is a filthy cumrag for adolescent boys that only survives on other's mercy.

Asukafags undeniably BTFO

you really made it too easy for an attack user

>allcaps rage
>#rekt
Go back to wherever you came from and stop samefagging.

Shinji does solely because he claims people told him to do so.
He doesn't know what he wants and is lost so he'll latch onto everything for guidance.
Rei was literally designed and exists to pilot Eva Unit 0 alone with Eva Unit 1.
That being said, both don't go around flaunting about their status and expecting more praise from their efforts.
All of Shinji's classmates were potential Eva pilots and when Asuka found out she was completely devastated due to her sense of superiority being shattered.

Yes.

>Rei was literally designed and exists to pilot Eva Unit 0 alone with Eva Unit 1.

Sure, but that doesn't mean Rei feels she has to or has any dependency on doing so. She was born to do X, but doesn't choose to do X.

We sure got rekt buddy

I still think REI is shit

>Have fun fapping to a seductive vegetable
It's so ironic hearing this from an Asukafag. You idiots don't even remember NGE or EoE any more do you? Shikinami has erased Asuka.

Asuka was truly so shit even her most arduous fans forget she exists.

Think what you want, but the Rei > Asuka equation is an irrefutable law of the universe.

Prove it

And while you're at it, try to make me like actual shit

>try to make me like actual shit
Don't have to, you already like Asuka.

I was talking about Rei silly

Don't be retarded

and

HOW WILL ASUKAFAGS EVER RECOVER?!

Reifags are BTFO

THIS

Too late for that now, faggot.

enjoy your L'esprit de chevalier