Dark Side of Dimensions

Aside from being a cracking good movie, the plot does pose some interesting questiions.
What happened to the remaining items? We know one is destroyed and the other in the afterlife, so are the others awaiting to be unearthed?
Also, what exactly is the afterlife? Is it another dimension and thus simply another plain of existance? I mean, it's pretty cool that the afterlife is like ancient Egypt.
And is Kaiba dead now?

Wait, this shit is out?

Out in cinema for a month.
BR rip is also on nyaa but no subs yet.

Yeh, the Japanese DVD and BR came out last week. Worth watching if you speak the lingo.

The US dub was shit, but then all dubs by 4media are.

>THE US dub was shit
OP, please. Dub Kaiba was great.

I'm guessing you are a Trump supporter as only a Trump supporter would have such bad taste.

Joking aside, I must disagree. Dub Kaiba failed to capture the real inner issues of the Japanese version. It failed to show any humility. Also, the big where Kaiba insinuates he'd fire God was clearly abridged pandoring. It was less a dub and more an abridged version/.

Ok so I didn't watch enough of the original and maybe that's why I was confused but I have a couple questions

What is the Plana? What is it's purpose? Why is it connected to the Pharoah

Since when did the Millennium Ring fuse with the body like that? I remember it influencing Bakura but not physically mending to his body

What we're the Plana guys planning to do?

According to the dialogue the Egyptian God cards stopped working or ceased to be when Pharoah fucked off, why is this? Why could kaiba use them in that case? Why didnt kaiba win and kill the bad guy right then with Obelisk ability like it should have when he attacked?

>abridged pandoring
No, that's just how dub Kaiba's always been.

Plana were a group led by Aigami who intended on building a better world by unifying human conscienceness. Those of a higher consciousness were welcomed into the plana and had the power to warp reality, partially helped by a ancient egyptian relic hinted at being another millenium item.

The ring fused into Bakura's chest after it just killed his father. He went to pick it up and became possessed by it. It fused into his chest so he couldn't take it off. In Vol 7 of the manga, you see the ring stick into his chest so he couldnt take it off when he got older.

The Plana were connected through Shadi. Shadi was their founder. They were connected to the phraroph as it was said when he returned the Plana would lose their powers. So Aigami tried to prevent this.

Kaiba could summon Obelisk as the new duel disk allowed him to use any card he once possessed. He also tapped into the collective consciousness in order to summon it.

He didn't kill Aigami as Aigami abandoned the duel in order to grab the puzzle when the locking system surrounding it timed out.

>The US dub was shit

It was less shit than their dub of the actual series. Only one mention of the Heart of Cards? That's progress!

>Since when did the Millennium Ring fuse with the body like that?

Since always.

>God card stuff
Kaiba screwed the rules because he had money. Also, that was the burial site where the God Cards were laid to rest, so that probably had something to do with it.

>Plana

muh sekrit klub of special snowflakes

Honestly, their shit was so forced I couldn't really even care. Of course there just happened to be an eighth Millennium Item that was never mentioned until now, even though it wasn't in Egypt. Of course you all have special reality warping powers. Of course you have the ability to create a new form of dueling.

Honestly, I wish they made the movie without Diva, because everything surrounding him was shit.

They needed to find a new way for Shadi to fuck up.

Cool stuff.

Can you watch this without having seen any other YGO?

No, read the original manga or at least watch DM. DSOD is a direct sequel.

If you mean without seeing GX, 5Ds, Zexal, and Arc-V, then yes.

Assuming you saw/read the original series to completion.

>it was said when the Pharoah returned they'd lose their power

Yeah I get that but why? It's not like Pharaoh's existence was tied to any other Millennium item's power, right? Other than the puzzle I guess

Real talk, does the original series hold up today?

>Only a Trump supporter would have such bad taste.

The fuck does that even mean?

Manga, yes
Anime, 50/50

Manga: Very much yes. The recent storytime helped shows that Yu-Gi-Oh is a legit interesting manga, not just because of nostalgia.

Anime: Not really. The soundtrack is still amazing, but the animation has issues, the pacing has issues (a lot of stuffs are overextended to shill cards), the fillers are garbage, and Millennium World is fucked

>Millenium World is fucked
All kinds of fucked.

To bait Sup Forums, I would guess.

Diva could have been good if he wasn't such a whiny little shit with too many flashbacks. We got some good shit out of him like the backstory of Shadi and Bakura.

>Childhood is watching DM

>Edgy teenage years are watching Season 0

>True adulthood is realising the manga is the only true choice

Kaiba being able to cheat and summon cards he doesnt have. Wow could this not be more of a wet dream for Kaiba fans?

The Quantum Cube being a Millennium Item was pure dub shit.