Truth

Can we have a thread dedicated to the pursuit of the Truth in the nature of the existence we are currently inhabiting right now?

Why are we here, what are the things that matter, how did things get this way, are there better ways to go around doing this thing called living and what do we do when we all meet this thing called death? Does anyone have any idea what is really going on because from nearly everything I see is wrong and but everyone has this idea of a Truth, that something in the world is very wrong but nobody can quite put their finger on it.

Can we have a thread dedicated to this general topic once in the while as well? I feel like this is a topic that in general just goes overlooked in the political happenings of the world.

Other urls found in this thread:

bl.uk/onlinegallery/sacredtexts/sacredthemesall.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the creator gave us his word, read it there's all there

I like to larp as a bible thumper, but I'd like to have a thread where I could avoid that.

if you want the truth go read a Bible, if you want a meme fanfic to go nowhere, read whatever you want

The universe exists and you are a conscious being that exists within it. You were born out of nothing solely to experience the universe however you wish. Don't complicate existence and you will be happy.

what a incredibly vicious statement. you're obviously a very lovely person and a pleasure to talk about the infinite and eternal things with.

I used to think this world was just some Archontic conspiracy to fuck with me. Now I think it’s just a womb of some sort and there are really only two people here.

Can you explain that graphic?

Everything is actually made of donuts.

We are all trapped in a box that we will never leave while alive. No one knows what comes after that--anyone who says otherwise is just hoping that they get to leave the box.

It's a roomy box though, so do try to enjoy your stay. If you're like me, you'll derive pleasure in learning how the box works down to the fundamentals. Since we're part of the box, understanding the box is understanding ourselves.

Just remember that understanding the box is not mastery over it.

Which book? Yahweh, Jesus and Allah are myths. The Tanakh, the Bibles and the Quran are fiction. The Abrahamic Religions are cancers to mankind. It is truly mind blowing that people still believe in these dangerous superstitions.

i don't really want to.

Fuck off heretic

This is a Christian board we don't need your blasphemies here

The Bible. Truth. Kek!

Soy boy

Gud 1

since you asked nicely I will reveal something to you
do you know when you dream, how the time changes, this is because it ends
the reason we seem to be going slow right now is because, for whatever reason, we're the generation of people that will somehow live forever, stay conscious forever
previous people, their lives were like a dream, over before they knew it, because it had an end
we're not experiencing that because, for whatever reason, maybe just technology, we will be conscious/alive for a very long time if not forever

Cancerous replies so far, this place really did go to shit after the The_Donald migration.

sure, i'll renounce the gnostic gospels if you can prove to me how the claims it makes are somehow un-Biblical

you know I used to think like this, then i realized that this was entirely wrong. if you'd like you can try to explain why the Bible is fictional, and a cancer to mankind, but do keep in mind I think the roman catholic church invented Islam, and that Rome and its continued survival in the catholic church is responsible for the killing of more christians than any other organization

>Just remember that understanding the box is not mastery over it.
have you expanded your grasp to have mastery over it?

i like the contrast between your posts.

how can you trust you're even enjoying your environment.

Talmud is the prequel.

What a pathetic attempt to bargain with The Void. Your identity will end abruptly like a dream and you will return to the dirt. You will then be reborn into another life.

muslims and jews are the same, the only one who accept Christ is the Bible, if you cant see the truth, if you cant see the world, reallity man
it's sad, how people can see it

Yes good sir. We must believe this book that tells us to believe it! Ignore all other books that also tell you to believe them! We are the correct ones because we say we are!

what other books? really tell me what others

>What a pathetic attempt to bargain with The Void

Here bruh have a list that may or may not even be complete: bl.uk/onlinegallery/sacredtexts/sacredthemesall.html

Life is life is life is life is loads of bresds about life being life being life being life like a fart.

There is only one thing I know of the utmost certainty: God exists, but not in the way Judeo-Christian gospels portray him. He is not an entity existing outside the universe with an authoritarian agenda. God is, quite simply, Everything and Nothing. You are God, I am God, your cat is God, the rock outside your house is God. Everything is contained within Him. Oneness.

This is hard to comprehend because our perception depends on an opposition to Oneness. Instead, we perceive everything as distinct and separate forms, each with it's own special label. Thus, we create our own realities using language as a medium to do so. The consequence of this is that all forms appear to be fixed. We call a tree a tree, but it's not a fixed thing. It's a process unfolding at this very moment. It's "tree-ing."

>just 6 religions
hinduism have been proven to be a lie, lot of snakes, demons etc
jews too
muslims too
budism is hiduism 2.0
and the zoro i have read somewhere, why they were bullshit, but i dont remember now

literally, no other religion is worth talking about Christianity is the truth

you're doing a good job telling unbelievers why the Bible and Christ are the way to life.

>making statement without backing them up
>next best argument is "but i don't remember now"

kek

i have done it, many times, other people have done it, many times, but you people, still bring up the same arguments, the same shit that have been discused, ad infinitum, you people just dont want to see it, you are just going to burn in hell, just for being stupid, just for not looking for God, sad

Because we perceive things as fixed, the true nature of form is masked from us. Everything is a process that depends on the negation of it's opposite. For example, Hot/Cold. We think that Hot and Cold are distinct concepts, and in a way, they are. But Hot can only be Hot because of the negation of Cold, and vice-versa. Light/Dark, On/Off, Black/White. Every perceived explicit difference depends on an implicit unity.

We place everything in mental categories. We know what a cat is because they are organic in contrast to inorganic, mammals as distinct from marsupials, and have clearly defined boundaries which demark them from the whole world of "non-cats." In the same way, we shape our sense of identity. Just as Hot depends on Cold, Self depends on Other (everything outside of the self). We know ourselves by a negation of what we're not.

Alright then let's talk about this religion that contains hundreds of problems. Ignoring of course the part where you demand I believe it "just because". The contradictions between volumes. The problems with translating a work across multiple languages and through hundreds of years. That the stories were all told dozens of not thousands of years after they supposedly occurred. That it was all written by humans. That it continues to be re-interpreted today. That archaeological digs, even when confirming some details, expose others as blatant lies. Even barring all that you're still banking on me believing in your own very narrow view of the religion to which if I went to your local church and asked very simple questions to everyone there. None of you would be able to agree on the answers and all of you would declare yourselves in the right. Until of course I asked your preacher, at which point you would all agree with him.

>trying to state you know where I stand with Christ and say I'm going to burn in hell because he made me stupid

They bring up the same arguments because you've failed to address any of them. Or they're Jewish.

False, you fucking coward

>gnostic heretic
i know you are an heretic
>he made me stupid
free will dude, you just blamed God for you own doing

they bring up the same arguments cause they haven't looked up for them, the shit you are asking is simple, it's like the 101 on life, if you can't answer this how can you reach the next step

>sure, i'll renounce the gnostic gospels if you can prove to me (using the bible and the gnostic scriptures) how the claims it makes are somehow un-Biblical

Do you blame god for all evil in the world or do you love him for it?

Christianity has way too many snakes and demons for me, mate.
It starts with an omnipotent force willing lesser beings into existence in order to marvel at their suffering. Sadistic and pretty disturbing.

>believing a fanfic of Christianity made by con mans

what evil, what people do or nature?

We live in a holographic universe. Anyone interested in some mind blowing shit should check this out. Changed my whole world view.

A dark cloud hanging over all spiritual thought is the view that findings in modern science prove that all spiritual experience is simply “generated” by the brain. This book challenges the roots of this view in cognitive science, neuroscience, artificial intelligence, robotics, consciousness theory, evolutionary theory and physics. In consciousness theory, this is the yet unresolved “hard problem.” In cognitive science and artificial intelligence, this is the nearly abandoned problem of “commonsense knowledge,” with its effect on the theory of evolution. In physics, this is a deeply flawed interpretation of relativity and concepts of time. An alternative model of mind is described based in the theory of the great French philosopher, Henri Bergson, where, far from being a computer, the brain is a radically different “device.” This is a natural, scientific mysticism which supports the deep insights of the mystics.

The truth of your existence is manifold. You should look at your existence from many angles; you as an individual, you as a member of your society, and you as a member of your species (or subspecies for Brazilians), and how these aspects interact with each other.

For example, I am a white male, age 23, excellent physical shape, skilled at hunting and firearms. I work with mentally retarded children as a behavioral analyst. In my free time I create stress-relieving devices for my young charges. I am a Christian, married with a boy due in February. These are all things that I am doing to personally better myself and my personal life.

For my role in society, I plan on continuing to improve my neighborhood by helping build parks, working with mentally retarded children, and chasing niggers and spics from my area. I will continue attending church, and continually renew my faith with The Lord. I will show my children love and teach them to be upright citizens. I will teach them to never trust non-whites, particularly jews.

For my role as a member of Homo Sapiens Caucusoid, I will endeavor to make my race superior to others and eliminate any possible contenders for supremacy. I will do this by becoming personally wealthy and having many children that I instill a strong work ethic and a similar interest in perpetuating this species, and to one day cleanse it of the jew and non-white menace.

That being said, I still want to die a glorious death in a new crusade, seizing the Holy City from the muslim hordes. So you can mix your personal dreams in there somewhere.

>I beliebe in Gud

they made their own suffering, as we do now, by listening things we dont need to, we were made to rule nature, to rule everything with God as our Father

This is the true nature of reality. And I'm sure there's much more to it, but at it's core, this is a fundamentally obvious, yet cleverly concealed truth.

Everyone here bickering over which religion is correct cannot see the irony. Just as I've said, we perceive the world based on differences rather than similarities. Similarities make us uncomfortable because it reveals that things are not quite as distinct, and fixed as they seem. It inches us just a little closer to God, and since our identities are based on an opposition to God (Oneness), it will create defense mechanisms in order to continue seeing the world is differences.

God has been called many things. Brahman, Dao, God. But I think the Buddhists hit very close with "Tathata", which means "10,000 functions (processes), ONE SUCHNESS." This is what God is. God is the Process of All Processes. God is this Present Moment.

These people bickering in this thread will never know The Truth until they let go of everything they think they know, including their deep attachment to a certain doctrine. They don't realize that their love for "God" is a fluke, a strong defense mechanism put in place by their ego in an attempt to hide from God.

You really think anyone can answer the question "why are we here?" You're very stupid if you thought that was a possibility.

I laughed way too hard at this.

What part of the word "all" confuses you?

John 7:51
"Does our Law convict a man without first hearing from him to determine what he has done?"

proverbs 18:13
He who gives an answer before he hears, It is folly and shame to him.

the entirety of 1 John 4.
1Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; 3and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

Reality is a game of Hide and Seek.

God wanted to play, but since there's nothing outside of God, he has no one but himself to play with! But he gets over this difficulty by pretending that he is not himself. This is his way of hiding from himself. He pretends that he is you and I and all the people in the world, all the animals, plants, all the rocks, and all the stars. In this way he has strange and wonderful adventures, some of which are terrible and frightening. But these are just like bad dreams, for when he wakes up they will disappear.

Now when God plays "hide" and pretends that he is you and I, he does it so well that it takes him a long time to remember where and how he hid himself! But that's the whole fun of it-just what he wanted to do. He doesn't want to find himself too quickly, for that would spoil the game. That is why it is so difficult for you and me to find out that we are God in disguise, pretending not to be himself. But- when the game has gone on long enough, all of us will WAKE UP, stop pretending, and REMEMBER that we are all one single Self- the God who is all that there is and who lives forever and ever.
You may ask why God sometimes hides in the form of horrible people, or pretends to be people who suffer great disease and pain. Remember, first, that he isn't really doing this to anyone but himself. Remember too, that in almost all the stories you enjoy there have to be bad people as well as good people, for the thrill of the tale is to find out how the good people will get the better of the bad. It's the same as when we play cards. At the beginning of the game we shuffle them all into a mess, which is like the bad things in the world, but the point of the game put the mess into good order, and the one who does it best is the winner. Then we shuffle the cards and play again, and so it goes with the world.

well there you have it
people do evil cause free will
nature do 'evil' cause it's its nature

the only thing i see here is that gnosticism is bullshit

But He is described as omniscient - all knowing of future, present and past. He knows your actions and choices before you even make them. You say He awards you free will while at the same time possessing a list of all your misdeeds, future and past. At the moment of Creation, He willed into existence all evil and suffering. You are a pawn that is moved by His divine command and subjected to His divine will. A living voodoo doll for the entertainment of an eternal sadist.

can you explain why from the bible?

Hell isn't a real plane, it is a state of Being. We're all living in it now. The 7 Sins? These are just aspects of the human ego. The doctrine you fervently defend states that you don't need to worry about sinning because "Jesus did the work for us!" Know this: YOU WILL FOREVER LIVE IN HELL, THIS LIFE AND ON, UNTIL YOU RID YOURSELF OF SIN!

I truly hope this gets through to you, friend. If it doesn't in your lifetime, good luck to you in the next.

evil was before creation, he allowed evil to exist for something, he needs to let creation choose what to do

you believe in the demiurge bullshit, you believe that the OT and NT God is different, when Jesus teaches with the OT, it literally doesnt make any sence

Epicurus has the answers.

If your god is so apathetic to never intervene in the universe then yeah sure. You're of course forgetting parts of your own books that claim he drives people to do shit or creates natural disasters for fun.

he dont intervene in the every day life, there are points where he does intervene but those are critical points, but yeah free will exist, that's why we are going to be judged at the end for what we did

>you believe that the OT and NT God is different,

no I don't, and no their scriptures don't. the Gnostic Gospels make it abundantly clear that Jesus Christ is the God of the Old testament, and on every page of the Torah. Yawheh is NOT the demiurge in the scriptures and created Jesus Christ.

>you believe in the demiurge bullshit
the Demiurge is mentioned in the new testament and hinted at in the old. he is the "ruler of this world" mentioned several times by Christ.

> when Jesus teaches with the OT, it literally doesnt make any sence
Jesus tells you to eat his flesh and drink his blood, 2 things forbidden in the old testament, and spits into clay rubbing it into the eyes of a blind man to heal them.

can you tell me how the bible is a book that makes any "sense" in the first place.

A curious way of describing the personal realization that one is but a small reflection of the One. I think the hide and seek analogy is not very good as there is no drive to the One, It simply exists. The analogy works for an anthropocentric God, but not for That Which Lies At Infinity, as it is not a conscious being. It's more of an eternal sleeper, dreaming of all that exists.

What are critical points and why are they called such? If your god is really as you claim there would be no "critical points". Such language implies a contest or conflict between two parties. You have declared there only being one.

Let's be honest here. You are retarded if you believe in any religion like Christianity or Judaism, religion is cancer to the mind, man-made fairy tales.

Now that we've put the bullshit aside, there are three rational positions of belief you can hold, and they all have their pros and cons. The three are deism, agnosticism and atheism. There is good reason to believe in any of the three because they all make sense, and from a logical point of view, the most rational system of belief is agnosticism because it takes into account human ignorance about the nature of the universe.

I personally am a deist. The universe is far too complex to have been a product of chance, I believe in the existence of a clockwork God who, as we have seen so far, gives absolutely no shit about humanity.

This lack of intervention by God is the basis of the belief in atheism, and rightfully so. But I still believe that this universe was not created for nothing.

It still baffles my mind how some people can believe in man-made religions like Christianity, thinking that humanity and Earth, matter on the cosmic scale when we're merely a particle of dust in an endless ocean of water.To believe that the entire universe revolves around our existence is either extreme arrogance or extreme stupidity, considering that an asteroid could wipe humanity out and nature will continue it's work.

you will find that the creator has loved the creation since its beginning.

you people mix everything, Jesus hints he's the son of God
to you people the demiurge is the creator of the world, genesis teaches you that the creator of the world is God, not the ruler of this world, that is lucifer
and that point about eating Jesus flesh and blood i have too look up, why do you mention healing a blind man?

This guy gets it

Roundies and flaters are both right.

God, in your view is eternal.
>that's why we are going to be judged at the end for what we did
As He is timeless, so is his perception of the beginning and the end a single moment. As you are created, you are judged for all your future sins. And you are punished from birth by experiencing all suffering in an anxiously long sequence instead of a perfect moment. There is no free will. Existence is Hell.

I am sorry, but God is not compatible with good or freedom.

one point for example God intervening, with the pharaoh
and there are two parties, he warns us about lucifer, lying to us trying to deceive us

The world's richest became $1 trillion richer in 2017.
Meanwhile average shitposter in /pol probably lost more than he could afford.

>genesis teaches you that the creator of the world is God

its actually Elohim, and Elohim are designated as "Sons of the Most High" Psalm 82:6

>that point about eating Jesus flesh and blood i have too look up

ok, i see your inadequate in even defending the bible.

book boring

>and that point about eating Jesus flesh and blood i have too look up, why do you mention healing a blind man?
Did you not read the scriptures?

you are now living this life, you cant be judged if you havent done anything, what is God going to judge?, this life is a proving ground, you have a life, you make your choices

>a game of hide and seek
I saw it as more of a joke, say you get a room with only one door, put a bucket of water above the door with you inside the room then forget about it.

Because comedy is just pain seen from a distance.

we are scaled up like giants

god is scaled down so far low, its impossible to find him
he has star gates he jumps through when he wants to dick around with this realm

but he is so far out now, i dont think he is ever coming back
then again he could be here

>evil was before creation, he allowed evil to exist for something, he needs to let creation choose what to do
Sounds like god isn't omnibenevolent if he allows evil to exist.

Well that does makes sense, only in an imperfect universe does God feel the need to intervene and change the dynamic. Considering we've seen none of that so far, it does seem like the Creator truly loves his creation.

I just wonder, what does he have in store for humanity? There are hundreds of billions of galaxies in the observable universe, with each galaxy having billions of stars, with each star having several planets, and with each planet possibly containing the conditions required for life to arise. Life most certainly exists elsewhere, and there are most likely aliens thinking the same things we are thinking right here, right now on planet Earth.

The universe is extremely complex and governed by physical laws. In a chaotic universe, 1 + 1 might not equal 2, but in our orderly universe, it does. So is there a greater purpose to all of this? I sure do hope so.

Guys its about trusting the lord and having faith in him aslong as you stay on Sup Forums, the voices that try to shut down the Lord will come back.

If u want to go full Christian you must leave the internet behind.

Lets go fellas into the wild

Jesus came to us to save all mankind

That is simply the problem here. If God truly gives you free will then he must abandon you.

In the case with the Pharaoh God is choosing to *force* people into believing in him. There is simply no other possible explanation.

In the case of deception from Lucifer God has made this a contest between them. There is no need to warn against something if it is not your enemy or in no way threatens you.

Your God is incompatible with free will either through incompetence or intent and presents himself as potentially weak when compared to his opposition.

You don't understand. Time is not some absolute characteristic of the Universe. It is just one more axis on which all moves. God, as you believe in, can see all that is and will be. In His eyes, the moment you are born is the moment that you die. Life is not a trial, it is the sentence for crimes which you are yet to commit from your point of view, but not His. All your joy and all your pain are His desire. You can only observe and learn.

The Romans could've went on a genocide and massacred every single Jew in the Roman Empire, and you would've never even know a Jew called "Jesus" was ever born.

Yet you somehow belief he is the deity responsible for the creation of this possibly infinitely large universe 13.7 billion years old?

Please do enlighten me, why did he come to Earth precisely? What is so special about this planet when many like it exist elsewhere in the universe, with their own various forms of life? And why did he bother doing this after so long?

If his sole goal was to test the human species, why do it over a hundred thousand years humanity was born?

haha I love how this faggot does not adress you a perfectly sane succesfull christian.

He only adresses the ones he can inflict damage on with his conspiracies

but we arent God, we dont know what we are going to choose or what we are going to do in the future,we arent in a eternal place right now, we are here in our timeline, God already knows, yes, but we dont, does God forces you to make your decisions? no
this have been talked about many times, free will exist, you believe it or not

>Please do enlighten me, why did he come to Earth precisely? What is so special about this planet when many like it exist elsewhere in the universe, with their own various forms of life? And why did he bother doing this after so long?

well you could understand that there's something called geocentric cosmology, the idea that the earth is stationary, center of the universe, disc shaped (sometimes spherical) which stars fixed to a solid structure that separates earth from the waters of heaven, this basis of reality is obviously gong to be much different than yours since you think the earth is a round spinning speck of dust in a large expansive and empty space.

>deals with retarded children
>fantasizes about genocide
>dreams of dying in a religious war
>perfectly sane

Yeah, he's sane in the same sense you are.

The Bible is true. God created nearly all of you as vessels of wrath. He made you so that he could display his wrath. Others he created so that he could display his mercy. Those are the Elect. They were chosen before the world began.
You see there is a uniqueness to Biblical Christianity. You are saved by grace alone. All other religions are a system of saving yourself. You have to do this, or that, and work for your own salvation. Christianity is different in that there is nothing you can do. It was a work of God himself that sets you free, and gives you eternal life in His presence. It is His unmerited favor. There is nothing that *you* can do.
If you are to be forgiven than he will draw you to him with His unstoppable will. You will come to understand these things and will be given forgiveness. He does it all.

You all are blinded by your Pride. You think that you are smart and have things figured out. That you can save yourself. You are nothing without him.

I was drawn to redemption by Jesus Christ, it wasn't anything I did. He pulled me in and made me understand His love, and compassion.

You who don't believe literally can't believe, He blinds you from the truth. It's spiritual, not intellectual. You can't just "figure it out".

If you want to understand, just ask him! Say to him, God, I want to understand, please help me understand. Pick up a Bible and read it. Pray that God forgive you and give you a spirit of understanding.
If you knock He will answer. And if you come to know him, you will understand that it wasn't anything special about you, nothing that you did, he decided that you would be saved, and dragged you to him so you could be forgiven.

You have to understand what the cross represents. You will either be born twice and die once, or be born once and die twice.

Jesus won victory on the cross, He defeated sin. He died and rose again.

>the Bible
>truth
Pffff.

God says with faith everything is posible, if you believe he can help you, i think you force his hand to help you

and with lucifer there's no contest, it says he's already chained in a pit of darkness, but he can talk, and deceive, we are free to choose whoever we want to listen

Think of it like a righteous judge. He has found you guilty. You must pay the price. The price is death. He has mercy on you, so he dies in your place. The price is still paid, he is still just, and you are free.

that's a passage that many people have took to thing they are gods or can be like God, that's some luciferian though if you ask me

>geocentric cosmology

Which has been proven false. So this is what your beliefs rested upon?

And even if I do believe in geocentric cosmology, why bother with the human race exactly? Many species on Earth were born and gone extinct, in fact 99% of species this planet has seen have gone extinct, we humans exist in a stage where we're very late to the "apparition of life on Earth" scene.

We've gone through harsh ordeals and survived near-extinction events, such as the Toba supervolcano eruption, hey, if "Jesus" wanted to save the human race, he sure was stupid considering he nearly wiped us out several times long before he was even a fetus in his mother.

The "god" of this world is a master of lies. Nearly everything you believe is a lie.

Goddamn you seem to love not understanding your own religion from a logical standpoint. It's a joke between all of my friends that their religions are crutches but at least they don't believe contradictory things so blatantly. Study your own books bud because if you don't remember in addition to misunderstanding the rudimentary criticism I've brought here?
You are not equipped to debate theological and philosophical concepts.

nothing can ever be known because of your flawed senses

Bruh im crazy yes but the safest thing for me is to fully invest myself into God, which is Jesus .

Which gives me peace instead of crazy thoughts.

Also his ancestor was a Crusader that is what the spirit just said.

The Almighty tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure you're fucked

dont get mad dude, it's ok if you get btfo, but yes im going to read about Jesus and the bread, cheers

>Which has been proven false. So this is what your beliefs rested upon?

ok, so why are there flat earth boards popping up on here like weeds, and what constitutes as proof to you one way or the other? what makes the heliocentric model true, and the geocentric thousands of years of ignorance unanimous across all world cultures, or the heliocentric model the greatest lie ever told, and a malicious force that is trying to beat mankind over the head with ignorance.

>And even if I do believe in geocentric cosmology, why bother with the human race exactly?

you're missing the point. regardless of interpretation the universe the bible (and basically all theology) paints is different than the universe science portrays. the idea comes from a fundamental difference of belief of where existence comes from.