Female leads RULE the box office

2017 comes to a close, and for the first time in Hollywood history, the top three performers in the domestic box office were movies with a female character as the main star.

1: Beauty and the Beast: 504M
2: Wonder Woman: 412.5M
3: Star Wars: The Last Jedi 397.27M (and rising)

Source: boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=2017

However, it doesn't end there. This was merely the crowning achievement of a growing trend. Four of the last five of the biggest annual domestic box office haul were movies about a female lead.

>2017: Beauty and the Beast: 504M
>2016: Star Wars: Rogue One: 532.17M
>2015: Star Wars: The Force Awakens 936.62M
>2013: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire 424.67M

Globally, three of the last five annual winners were about a female lead.

I thought people don't go to the movies anymore.

Guess who produced Wonder Woman.

I don't think you can solely take female credit for anything performing well that has an established following.

Shocking! crooked jews give themselves awards!

News at 11!

Who cares about the soy bug movies.

Hardly an accomplishment when all the leads were female.

Was Beauty and the Beast good?

Numales reviewers won't say anything negative towards women, minorities and jews. Have you heard anything negative towards Gal Gadot? or that other jew faggot Flash? or Cyborg?

I mean, it's a bit hard for a women-centric movie to lose considering how (((Hollywood))) has been focusing on that this year.

They’re empowered now!!

Beauty and the Beast did that fucking well??
HOW???

The numbers are all bullshit. I work by a cinema and it’s empty every fucking day, a fucking ghost town. I’m convinced the kikes just fake the box office and make movies solely for propaganda purposes instead of trying to make a profit.

its so forced...
theres nothing organic about this

Were there any movies that didn't have a female lead/all female cast in 2017? They were pushing that shit hard this year

Isnt movie attendance down something like 22%?

....Wonder Woman didn't even crack the top 5 (8) and was beaten by Thor, Despicable Me 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Fate of the Furious, Spider Man, and something call Wolf Warrior 2. Hell, it barely beat out Pirates of the Caribbean.....

wonder woman did really well in america not so much in the rest of the world, thats why its only listed in the domestic box office lsit.

So it 'won' a mythic race with made up rules. Like Hillary Clinton 'winning' the popular vote. Something that doesn't exist/not a relevant benchmark. Got it.

beauty and the beast is a classic disney movie, if the jews need to raise box office revenue, all they need to do is target children and families.

even though good, moral films are proven to be the most lucrative investments, they never push them. and when they do (the new beauty and the beast) they corrupt it. I'm not sure how many unsuspecting people went in for some family movie time and sat through that garbage.

I dont watch Hollywoos kino.

>instead of trying to make a profit

user, come on now, let's not get carried away...

Only women are stupid enough to still go to movies and line the pockets of pedophiles

I went to the movie theater 0 times in 2017. In 2016 I went twice and that was to see Rogue One and another movie while I waited for my sister's flight to come in. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I have absolutely no interest in seeing Episode 8. There hasn't been a single movie I've had any interest in seeing this entire year.

I don't say all this to be a douchebag -- I legitimately wish I were interested in movies even just a little bit so I'd have something in common with people my age, but I just don't. If you've seen one hollywood movie made in the last 30 years you've pretty much seen them all.

>art can only be good if it represents me
I don't want to live on this planet anymore

there are still good movies, just not hollywood movies

Movies and TV bore me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those "Ugh TV is gross, turn it off and pick up a book you mindless peasant" people, I spend a lot of time playing vidya so it's not far off from TV/movies.

With very few exceptions, I'm just not interested in sitting down for 2 hours and getting subjected to some fantasy universe. I'm also not autistic: I enjoy spending time with my friends and girlfriends chilling watching a movie or show, but that's because I enjoy spending time with them and I care almost nothing about the thing on the screen.

I just don't think movies inspire me like they do with other people. I just don't walk away after watching a movie thinking "wow I understand life a little bit more after watching that main character develop" or "wow that really tapped into my emotions", it's always just "well I'm going to have forgotten 85% of that in about 2 days".

lul they're pretending that it's because the women are just that good aren't they