Shokugeki no Soma

Let me do the honors of starting the waifu war by saying that Erina>Alice>Hisako>Meat>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mehgloomy

Say something nice to my girlfriend

Isshiki has those keikaku eyes

Forgot pic

>soma will somehow produce a better soba than the girl who was raised with soba because of a polar star gimmick

>He will also defeat the 1st seat by 'you didnt taste your food while cooking'

>Azami will go down because Erina will be one the judges and the 'I cooked it for YOUUUU" power Soma pulls out of his ass will hand him the victory

Fucking hell why do I have a feeling it all end this way?

We already have our judges though.

I found the answers the Mangaka answered on twitter

Didn't think I would the Jormungand demolition man in this.

Add Rindou either before or after Hisako and it'll be good.

Inb4 its Rindou.

I remember him mentioning she will be very important.

Was this before or during Azami arc? If it was before then that means that when he said that the "main herione is still a secret" that was during the time people thought Megumi was the MAIN Herione while Erina was the Main protagonist. So pretty much during that time of delusional people thinking Megumi was the true Herione it's false, Erina was always the MAIN Herione while Megumi is just the second herione/third main character lol.

Before.

>megumi's dark side

It's going to be her unleashing the true power of her blood; the long forgotten cooking arts of the Tyrannosaurus Rex.

So it was during the time people thought Megumi was the true MAIN herione lol

The most important part of this chapter...
How did he know?

Raw meat spiced with bone and horn grind?

>main heroine is still a secret
A very poorly hidden secret

They do make this giant point about Jouichirou basically being on the verge of An Heroing before he met Souma Mom

so i have a feeling the mangaka is gonna pull a bleach on us and have tsukasa be weaker than the red haired chick

I want to put a dick on that tongue.

Meat is below shit.

>Megumi's dark side
Why do I think this is going to be how Rindou's cooking style is revealed?

Like it's a fucking cooking manga but I unironically think Rindou will make the evil in a person come out during a Shokugeki. Evil cooking.

>What was the explanation for this?

"For starters, Erina seats in the center, Alice tries to sit by her side but Hisako interferes.
Erina makes eye contact with Megumi and she offers her a seat.
She intended to thank Souma but he was talking loudly with Takumi so it was hard to say anything.
Hayama didn't care and Mimasaka really likes corners."

>kinokuni's specialty is soba
>match themes decided by lots
Was not surprised by Souma's draw in the least

>doesn't know whether he will continue the series all the way to soumas graduation

No shit, high school WSJ series 99/100 times ends in the first fucking year. It always ends up first year fighting third years just like we're having right now.

Only stuff like Nisekoi where there's no battling element what so ever can avoid this. Even something as old as Whistle just does time skips out the ass and ignores the rest of the years beyond the first.

It's very hard for writers to keep a series fresh when 3 years of high school are basically very similar, and require a lot of thought to make sense of introducing tons of new shit happening. Diamond no Ace did it by going 400+ fucking chapters where the MC isn't even the MC and is a bench boy and we still don't know if the series will make it to graduation. Ippo on the other hand just acted as if school never existed.

She's like 17~18 while souma is 16~17

>unleashing the true power of her blood; the long forgotten cooking arts of the Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Wait since when did Shokugeki no Soma turn into my Chinese Cultivation novels?

Megishima seemed pretty laid back during his introduction

Now however he seems really pissed off and he looks pretty threatening

He's probably annoyed that some twinks took his seat. I mean the guy is 3rd, which means other than the overpowered duo and maybe Momo there's really no one threatening him at all.

Outside of confirming Souma's mom status everything else is kinda eh.

Even though it says we've only seen one side of Megumi, they're probably just going to transfer over her competitive/serious mode she had with table tennis into cooking.

i want kinokuni nene to drop her spaghetti all over me

You ARE FUCKNG DENSE

>t. betamax

Eizan was being a cheater but what if Rindou has some style that is dishonorable and that will trigger Megumi?

Megumi stands for hospitality, so perhaps Rindou will become the opposite?
She does believe thag a dish becomes tastier when you think of someone. Maybe Rindou will have some selfish style.
Instead of cooking for others, Rindou will end up cooking solely to please herself.
Imagine it like this.
You are the cook but you dont add in dishes that please your customers but only for yourself.
Would be rather dishonorable and something I can see that pisses off Megumi.
Especially should Rindou be talking shit about her mother.

Isn't that Eishi style?

Unlikely, she's been the most upstanding as far as giving a chance to others is concerned, she only ever eggs people who seem to be trying to act above their station. It's a totally different type of confidence/arrogance.

Don't defend your idiocy with attacks with no relevance or argument, that only works in elementary school or with retarded rednecks.

So each chef has a unique style/type of cuisine right? Or do they have both? Like Souma is French/Jap + peasant style, or Kurokiba is seafood + overpowering flavor or Megumi is seafood + hospitality..etc

You're projecting so hard even IMAX would bow in envy.

Whats with this scene between Nene an Isshiki?

The mom thing sounds really interesting, besides this the only important stuff is that obviously the endgame and main heroine will be Ikumi

She's smart and knows that the keikaku master is up to no good, he seems way too chill.

This is at least 2 years old and been talked about many times before.

>we've only seen one personality/side of megumi so far
If that's how tsukada actually put it then that's the shittiest excuse for the lack of character development I've ever heard. Nothing we've seen so far even remotely suggests that this is true.

yes please. 2d brown a best

I remember this one from back in June.

basically - "Until now Erina didn't make as many appearances, And fans have been anxiously waiting to see more of her, At any rate, I just needed to have Soma get closer to Erina in the coming months Thanks for your support. Thanks a lot!!"

There was also the one during the Hayama match where he apologized and said he understood that a lot of people weren't liking it but it was something he felt he had to do for the story.

>Nothing we've seen so far even remotely suggests that this is true.
She turns into a different person when she plays ping-pong.

Plus her upcoming match is very important so maybe we'll get to see her more confident/serious side crack through her gentle and shy demeanor.

Gotta give the guy props for interacting with fans and trying to please them as best as possible

Actually, people started to believe this more when we had those panels where Central people/Azami were talking about Central's plans and visions for the future and Megumi just looked deep in thoughts.
People believed she would join Central because someone like her would eventually get weeded out in Toots old regime.

To be fair he's getting consultation help from Morisaki, and Tosh draws it for him. Compared to your average mangaka he's got a lot less to do.

I still can't tell if Isshiki is the villain.

>trying to please them as best as possible
That could turn into a bad thing though.

She's probably wary of Isshiki helping Souma because she sees him as a rival. Especially if he also does traditional Japanese.

>yfw Isshiki and Rindou swap sides

I want Megishima, Rindou's cooking, Giga and Takumi's team up, Erina finally doing something.

Why does Tuskuda like to make us suffer with more shitty Souma.

I wonder how he's going to handle the teams. Since Megishima and Isshiki are competing at the same time is he going to show all three working together or dedicate chapters to each one?

He doesn't even care if he truly loses, hell he would probably lose on purpose at some time.

What's his excuse.

Isshiki only joined the battle so that he could ensure that all the rebels get expelled. Megishima and Giga would be very useful in the fields.

REMOVE ISSHIKI.

Reminder that Alice is gonna get fucked by worst boys.

IF COPY NIGGA JOBS THIS MANGA CAN GO TO HELL.

I EXPECT A GOOD FIGHT.

yeah, but as mentioned, while he did apologize for Hayama's match in the middle of it, he still said he was going to do it because he felt it was necessary.

He won't just kowtow to what people want.

If he loses to anyone besides Rindou or Tsukasa then it'll be total BS

Just watch.

He'll stomp the shit out of Eizan. These chapters will be another goldmine of reactionpics.

I don't expect him to pass desu

I expect him to go down in his first fight. He's definitely team filler.

I want to fuck Kuga's cheeky mouth

He'll lose but he will win Takumi's friendship
After all the real win is the friends you made along the way.

>He'll stomp the shit out of Eizan
yes please.

If he faces #1 or #2 he's doomed just like everybody else that isn't Erina or Souma.

But I also expect what posted. He might job later but he will surely shit on someone hard.

There's no limit to the amount of help you can give a teammate right? So technically its possible to have an ally do everything for you while you're the one who serves it, effectively switching the theme with another ally?

I suppose so, but you'd be forcing a lot of work on one person.

Who knows? But I doubt they'd do it like that for Souma at least since he takes on all challenges with confidence anyways. All those years of getting beaten by his dad kinda made him immune to even thinking of the consequences of losing.

Also everyone is this series is way too proud to let someone else cook their dish. Probably even Eizan.

Not probably. He's quite anal about his work if you remember the Karage arc.

>Confirmed winners: Souma, Erina, Megishima, Isshiki.
>It can go either way: Takumi, Megumi, Giganigga.
>No hope in hell: Kuga

That's a shit ton of winners if you think about it. All that set up for Tsukasa to slaughter them all.

Please shut the fuck up. We barely have waifuwars in this threads so eat dick. We don't need shitty cancer to stick to the threads now that we made it all this way without it.

I honestly think every central will job except for Tsukasa and Rindou, the question is who is the one joining Kuga in the rebel side.

Honestly I think this is as great as the triple threat match when Sup Forums was completely divided on who would win. This time it's not about which side will win, which is obviously Rebels in the end, but how it'll go down.

From what I can see it's probably like this.

>Souma: Has to be the clincher / Main Character
>Erina: Has to show off her power / Main Heroine
>Megishima: Has to show off his power for at least 1 round which is this one
>Isshiki: Highest possibility of jobbing after Kuga since he's also comic relief, but given his interactions with Rindou he will most likely lose to her instead of literal who #2
>Takumi: Has been losing every match that mattered, needs vindication at least once
>Megumi: ^
>Giganigga: Better than Umis, but needs to show his reflection/change (highly likely to bite more than he can chew with Tsukasa's perfection)
>Kuga: Leave Tsukasa to me

It's still possible for Erina to lose later on, given how she's never actually been challenged by someone like Tsukasa or Rindou, but for Souma to lose would mean either Erina somehow steals the spotlight and saves the day with Souma being the former's inspiration in the final match (this can apply vice versa naturally), or Rindou uses the ribbon on her hair to save the day since her entire reason for joining Central was shaking things up and basically makes her Thorkell of Vinland Saga.

Erina could also take the last win, it'd be a stronger victory over Azami if even his own daughter rejected his ideals and beat his champion. It would also ensure that Soma isn't the top dog by the end of the first year and still leave room for him to get stronger.

>Erina could also take the last win

That's what I said. If Erina wins, it would mean Souma would fall near the end, but his actions would inspire Erina. It's been foreshadowed by Isshiki that Souma will be the catalyst that brings change to Tootsuki and make it grow. It would be like a Slam Dunk ending where the rival (Rukawa/Erina) would be superior to the MC (Hanamichi/Souma) and we end with one continuing to catch up to the other, only this time with more romance.

If you read the Q&A up top, the writer doesn't really have plans to go past the first year. They already used up everything but BLUE, so while it definitely can go international past the first year, it's basically 90% chance gonna be like ES21/Kuroko no Basketwhere the Christmas Bowl/Winter Cup was the 'final' and fighting the Americans (Or in the case of Shokugeki the French) and it will be lack luster in comparison and rather it's just fan service so we can see all the enemies band together with Souma and Erina.

post yfw
>soba

how will she ever recover

By getting the Isshiki D.

>>No hope in hell: Kuga
yeah, he's going right after Tsukasa and losing right there. poor midget.

Erina actually has the strongest plot armor this match, since Souma and the rest symbolically put their lives in her hands via their IDs in a dramatic scene.

There's also the chance of both Erina and Soma beating both of their opponents in the same match via teamwork.

I think that combo would work out pretty well, actually.

But it's not invincible plot armor. They can set it up where she's been given the burden but ends up failing to carry it the whole way only for someone else to pick it up.

Also speaking of symbolic, I just realized upon re-reading that when the E10 first made their debut after Stagiare, Rindou was at the front and in the middle as opposed to Tsukasa with 4 on the left 4 on the right just like Erina who sat in the middle. So it really might come down to Erina vs Rindou in the later rounds.

I don't know about you, but that would be the hypest match up for me since Tsukasa has already shown us what he's got.

Now I'm imagining Souma defeated, but Erina saying, while she ties his headband around her forehead
>leave it to me

>Tsukasa has already shown us what he's got.
Souma actually might get a match against Tsukasa because of both Kuga's revenge and his own rematch.

Remember that what's going to carry them according to the training is teamwork, I wouldn't entirely bet on a solo shokugeki finale.

Yes that's what I mean, usually the MC will get revenge matches which means Tsukasa vs Souma and Erina vs Rindou, with the two more known chefs in one bracket, and the more mysterious one in the other.

While this is true, we have no way to know how it works when a chef is eliminated. Can they still remain as a sous chef or will they be removed from the rest of the match period? Stuff like that is important since losing a member means losing support.

In this way, whoever wins early on with sheer numbers is simply gonna be set up to get steam rolled by the one hyped up monster on the other side, with Erina being the Rebel's big cannon while the 1-2 from Central.

Megumi will outlast Takumi

Given the size of the cage, I wouldn't be surprised if they asked the losers of the rebel side to go join the special spectators there.

Nah. They will win their first match and then lose together

I believe that when you are out, you are out for good.

Having said that, the most reasonable finale is the rebels winning 2v1 against the strongest of Central. The two kind of obviously being Erina and Souma.