Why does Sup Forums consider the new shows and movies shit?

Why does Sup Forums consider the new shows and movies shit?

They fucked up the power levels. The art is shit. Horrible character development.
Less Toriyama input.

I'm kind of a newb when is comes to DBZ so you will have to help me out here a little bit. What main role does Toryiama play in the series user?

Toriyama and his editors created the Dragon Ball manga

Dragon Ball Super is made by Toei and Toyotaro(Toriyama's pupil) and they follow very vague plot points given by Toriyama.

Toriyama clearly doesn't give a shit anymore because he doesn't put much effort.

Why would Toriyama stop involving himself in the series if Dragonball Z was such a massive hit financially and culturally?

There's no true answer.

I miss SSJ4

SSG and SSGSS are just lazy palette swaps

Because i could make up a better story and probably draw it better too.

SSJ4 needed to go. It is responsible for some of the most heinous shit to be born of this franchise, fan-made or otherwise.

The animation, rehashing of the movies, retconning stupid plot devices like Zenkai boost after coming back from death & Time Travel only to introduce equally stupid plot devices like Super Dragon Balls & God Ki.

Ironically, Dragon Ball Super ripped off plot points from Dragon Ball AF

Go spread your Pedroness somewhere else

effortless cashgrabs

Because he doesn't need to, fans will eat any shit he shits out.

I dunno maybe its

At least the ridiculous memes are fun

WOW

>Super Dragon Balls

IIRC he stated a couple times he doesn't want to do anything Dragonball-related since he's getting old and he probably doesn't really give a shit anymore himself

I haven't even watched DBS myself but it seems like a cashgrab "Dragonball for the new generation", feels shoddy and not very faithful or respectful to the original.

Haha,

That sounds like the shittiest excuse not to watch the new show. Go fuck your lazy self. It's actually full of action and not boring filler like the older shows. Fuck you.

you mean Toyotaro's or Young Jijii's edgy rehash of the Frieza arc?

there's a ton of AFs so you oughta be specific

>they fucked up power levels
So, they fucked up nothing of importance?

Zamasu was probably the best thing they had due to the sense of danger and dread he had about him and his arc had had a retcon or two and a really really bad transformation which was just SSJ with blue squiggly lines outlinning him.

No real creativity, and no real danger in the series, especially when Goku himself feels far more retarded than he has ever been, he just doesn't take shit seriously. Dude makes Luffy look like Duke Togo.

I could go on all day here but some people seem to like Super, hell I can't tolerate it to the point I don't even regularly keep up with it.

The thing is they fucked it up to the point they have to escale it down

You can destroy planets with a fist but bullets hurts

They've always been susceptible to physical harm when their not prepared to fight. Not hard to buy that some one out of shape like Kuririn would get grazed.

I can only read this as Dragonball As Fuck

>Implying that design is bad

Three reasons:
>he's a hack
>he's loaded but still loves money
>people will eat any turd as long as it has the approval of Toriyama.

So, he announces a new series, with 30 new characters and transformations, gives a few ideas to Toyatoro and Toei and let them do whatever the fuck they want, he signs on the line that says "official canon by Toriyama A.", the animu and mango sell, the new fighting games with a roster of 6 gorillion new characters sell like hot cakes, and he builds a second giant castle with the royalties he gets from idiots.

Dragon Ball Super has been ripping off plot points of everything Dragon Ball.
>more gods!
>fem Broly
>Trunks returns from the future
>Frieza returns
>a fusion kicks the ass of an uber-powerful foe, wears off in minutes (again!)

Drawing a chapter every week for over a decade is a lot of work when you're rich as hell