If you hate this pairing, explain why. If you like this pairing...

If you hate this pairing, explain why. If you like this pairing, explain why it would even be good when the two have nothing in common.

Only normal people in the show

Shipping is cancer.
No exceptions.

>If you like this pairing, explain why it would even be good when the two have nothing in common.
It's a deeply metaphysical concept that is pulled from that story. A mystery of growth and self consciousness.

He likes a fake relationship at the beginning and obsesses over it. He is the ruler, the god of that world. Nothing can distress him, nothing can challenge him.
Real relationship is best expressed by something so real that he can't comprehend it.

Of course, this means that he must conquer himself. He also can't simply have a go at her and forget about it.

She's the fruit in the garden of eden.

Riveting. Now explain why their actual relationship would be any good.

I like that pairing because I called it way in advance and everyone said I was grasping at straws. "How could Chihiro win, there's nothing special about her?!"

I called Kaede Akamatsu biting it in Danganronpa V3 months in advance too.
I also called LCfer being the final boss despite everyone saying I was delusional.

So here's my next big prediction. Izuku Midoriya is not long for this world. He's Kamina. Ochako is Simon.

Indifferent to this.

>explain why it would even be good when the two have nothing in common.
Relationships are about complementary and supplying each other's lack, not finding your double.

I don't hate the pairing, but Ayumi was the better girl.

Chihiro is a stupid bitch that didn't deserve anything and should have lost, because she spent the entire series doing absolutely nothing.

Relationships, like friendships, are normally founded on commonalities.

Still collecting tears.

Now I'll admit LCfer was the weakest theory I've ever come up with - basically I took Rimyuel trying to kill Elsie on sight to mean "Elsie is bad news."

But I was still right, Elsie calls herself the final boss.

>explain why it would even be good when the two have nothing in common.
They have great chemistry.

Post an example.

The best thing was how the author treated Haqua as the irrelevant piece of shit she is. Tsunderebabies tears were delicious.

AT THIS PRECISE INTERVAL OF TIME

Their relationship works because she fell for his normal self, as opposed to every other character he "conquered" by acting differently to suit their needs.

Sup Forums is never going to understand this. But that is the beauty of TWGOK, I guess. It allows for retards who have a strong desire to ship to feel validated by the fact that "at some point, the girl actually did want MC guys!!!!"

Yeah, they are inevitably blown the fuck out in the end, but they get just enough of a taste to make them feel like, if they imagine hard enough, their OTP is what REALLY should have happened.

In a way, this shit was the ultimate harem. A winner was selected, but the door was left open for people to "interpret" (or lie to themselves) that another girl "could have won".

>how the author treated Haqua as the irrelevant piece of shit she is

This is invariably what propelled the manga from good to great.

>still this mad

The point of the pairing is that the MC moves on from childish notions like ideals and video games and chooses a "real" woman with flaws and no special talents and no special connection. They don't need to have anything in common, that's just a childish fantasy, being a grown-up is about putting up with unlikable people and wageslaving away.

Basically a chihiro end was super obvious because it represents the MC's growth as a person.
This is contrasted by tenri, who liked the MC for his immature/child self and would not represent progress.

>If you like this pairing, explain why it would even be good when the two have nothing in common.
They have complementing sets of genitalia, good enough for me

>Basically a chihiro end was super obvious because it represents the MC's growth as a person.

It is sad that you even have to state this point. It should be painfully obvious to anyone that read or watched the story, but somehow many anons are intent on heavily deluding themselves.

>personal attacks and no arguments, the reply

I was agreeing with him, retard.

>(You)

AGAIN AND AGAIN ALL DAY LONG

But Kanon was supposed to be canon.

>Their relationship works because she fell for his normal self
So did Haqua and Tenri.

She's unpredictable and Keima likes challenge.

I will never understand the booty devestation about this. I was an animeonly fag and there was a couple of hints said by the MC himself in the very first Chihiro arc ever that basically made me think "yep chihiro end confirmed"

To be honest if you didn't see it coming you are retarded, regardless of whatever shipper bait the mangaka laid out for you along the way

Haqua is irrelevant and Tenri didn't win as explained in this thread (liked Keima in a childish notion based on childhood memories and thus her winning wouldn't show Keima's growth as a character.)

>growth is being in relations with people you actively dislike and have no meaninful bond with
If you think this is true, you deserve your misery.

Because they aren't normal girls but VN stereotypes, Chihiro is just the Background girl.

she liked him before he started trying to conquer her
and she liked him after she lost her memories

>said the virgin

trust me, there is no girl you will find commonalities with

Chihiro isn't "woah so unpredictable", Keima is just an autist.
>irrelevant
Irrelevant.
>childish notion
No, she liked Keima. The same asocial gamer he was then and now.

From the sound of it, Chihiro was just a tool. You aren't saying anything about how good their relationship is.

>spoken like underage
You'll understand once you grow up.

NO!! You must justify your existence as the OP demands, for Chihro is so terrible a choice your paltry excuses do not sway him!

I'm 28 kiddo

you will understand when you get your first girlfriend

>I'm 28 kiddo
And no wiser. Talk to me when you get out of your arrested development.

One look at the people in this thread and you should understand. Legitimately the worst fanbase on the site. When the manga was still going on there were people openly admitting to being from anime forums. Not even reddit, although there were plenty of those too, but fucking forums.

talk to me when you get laid

>my fucking face if you're right

It would be the greatest swerve in history.

>So here's my next big prediction. Izuku Midoriya is not long for this world. He's Kamina. Ochako is Simon.

Well this prediction isn't that hard to make considering they went out of their way to explain that one can forcibly pass OfA onto another person even if they don't consent.

If I didn't know the series I'd mistake them for incest pairing.

Did Keima actually like Chihiro from the very beginning? I got that impression from him.

I'm not saying that in itself is growth, I'm saying that's a normal realistic relationship and the progression to that stage is the MC's growth.

I thought it was rather clear, that at the very least. Keima had acted a lot more differently in Chihiro's conquest then any of the others.

>years later tenrifags still mad
>years later user still refuses to eat his own shit

I thought Keima seemed bothered by Chihiro asking different guys out. That's part of what led me to ship them from the beginning.

I wish Wakaki would have given them an epilogue chapter showing their life together.

Well that's fucking impossible, ya know?

Maybe he's working up to it.

>The point of the pairing is that the MC moves on from childish notions like ideals and video games and chooses a "real" woman with flaws and no special talents and no special connection
Not that some else of what you write isn't technically correct (as to how Tenri was a false end, or about the main point of the manga being a progression from childish notions into adulthood), but how dismissive of both Keima and Chihro's characterizations. Keima just has to give up video games now because some real girl's demand on his time is more important? No special connection between he & Chihiro? That's to miss much of what drew these two characters together. It reads as if you're reciting some of the conclusions other anons spelled out, but without understanding them.

Only problem is that it basically rushed them getting together and they didn't show them mending their relationship. It also feels just like guilt pressure for Keima.

This.

If there was a chapter or two dedicated to Keima making up with Chihiro which eventually led them to be alright/loving the other, I would be fine with it.

Instead, what we got is Keima and Chihiro getting away from each for a long time after being hurt, and then they instantly have no problems when they meet the other again.

I've also never understood this that some maintain. Observed by many readers, fans of the pairing or not, their closeness was already as much confirmed well before the resolution, with their feelings for each other admitted to others in dialogue. How is it that Dokurou is able to put it to Keima that he fell for Chihiro, a statement Keima can't deny?

Don't mind me, just posting best girl.

who exactly was this chick again?

>Instead, what we got is Keima and Chihiro getting away from each for a long time after being hurt, and then they instantly have no problems when they meet the other again.
Useless melodrama to want a 'make up chapter' or--perish the though--two (or more) that was unnecessary to put aside trivial misunderstandings that any reasonable person could understand, or to confirm to each other feelings both were well aware of. You either get or or you don't.

The end with them coming together with no drama is fitting, kinda like a pair of lovers resolving things after a bit of a spat with the guy simply putting an arm over the shoulder of his girl, and she accepting the gesture as they walk off together, without need to resort to 'talking about it.' Keima & Chihiro are connected. They got it.

Canon school slut gets retcon into pure girl.
Other girls that actually build a real connection with him get ignored.

I don't hate it, and I don't hate her.
In fact I like basically every girl.
But still, the other girls were better and cuter and actually liked him.

Yeah, a lot of the other girls that even after the whole memory loss, treat Keima pretty well and help him out.

>things that never happened
I can think of one panel where it might be argued this was the case, and even that is debatable.

First girl, best girl

I've loved her ever since the moment she first came around to help him out during the Chihiro arc. It was also the turning point for me, as I thought every girl was a throw away character and only relevant for one part.

LC's older sister

Who is not really the older sister as LC is actually some kinda reality altering super weapon that can with a thought rewrite the entire reallity from past to present.

Oh I forgot to mention that she is also actually the older one.

Man, another thing I felt like such a waste was LC's whole identity which was getting hyped but then was basically just shoved an explanation in 1 chapter before it got resolved.

AT THE CURRENT MOMENT

Fucking 3DPD slut

I like this pairing because ever since Chihiro's arc I already felt the spark and chemistry between them. Personally I wanted them to make up first than Keima just telling her immediately that he loves her but I'll accept it.

S4 never. RIP Manglobe

>it represents 3DPD prevailing over 2D

Chihiro had her route completed twice.

As a Chihiro fan I must admit that Ayumi was lewd in a good way.

What do you think I'm missing?

Pretty much yeah

it doesn't matter because rarely do manga explore actual relationships
it's all waifu wars until a girl wins and it's over because the typical manga writer can't write about something they have no experience on

>shitty fanservice
>shitty attitude
>shitty manga

I don't care about this pairing, I'm just happy Elsie got the happy ending she deserved.

>3D

>So here's my next big prediction. Izuku Midoriya is not long for this world. He's Kamina. Ochako is Simon.

So what you're saying is we're gonna get a super strong person who can fly. Here's hoping things don't turn into a trashy DBZ clone

You seem to have not overlooked Keima's character as some other anons did when they were just into shipping their favorite girl, at least so far as the functional reason storywise for him to have ended up with Chihiro. But your breakdown seems to lack an appreciation of what sort of connection the two had. Maybe you're not missing anything and it just came out as too antiseptic. The vibe is more like "Well, the mangaka chooses you for one reason or another as I just have to end up with some girl so I guess I have to as well. So you'll do, Chihiro." Which is to ignore everything about their pairing which got them to that point. Seems dichotomic.

Tenri best girl

>Long time
It was literally mere days later from Chihiro's point of view when Keima showed up at her doorstep

Best girl incoming.

fuck yes

still glad.

Nanaka > Tsukiyo > *

actually read the manga

Just note any time they are together, basically.

I'm not doing this again, I did it years ago.

screenshotting this just in case

It's still fun to review every now and again though.

Yokkyun was best girl

MIRACLE OF THE UNIVERSE

Shit taste.

Your best girl has received an upgrade.

They have a lot in common. Chihiro was the only one able to keep up with his pace during the Goddess Arc, to understand what he was doing and why.

She was also the only girl who fell for the real him, the obsessive, nerdy, reality-rejecting article, instead of a persona adopted for conquering her. She also represents his character growth, from someone who thinks reality, which she symbolizes in her ordinariness, isn't a "shitty game" but a game worth playing.

They have plenty in common. And she has talent, her band killed at the festival.

>I like that pairing because I called it way in advance and everyone said I was grasping at straws. "How could Chihiro win, there's nothing special about her?!"
>I also called LCfer being the final boss despite everyone saying I was delusional.

Amen brother.

I remember a few of us were always trying to explain what was going on, only to be constantly shouted down by idiots who just wouldn't pay attention to what was going on in the series.

Akari's arc is a high point, but she wasn't ever supposed to be a real love interest.