I never understood the "problem" of piracy. It isn't actual theft. I can't afford to buy this shit...

I never understood the "problem" of piracy. It isn't actual theft. I can't afford to buy this shit. I'd never actually buy it if I had the money.

How is that harming the film/gaym industry again?

Other urls found in this thread:

activism.net/cypherpunk/crypto-anarchy.html
independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/elton-john-spent-pound40m-in-20-months-622287.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It hurts the industries when people can find it for free when they would have otherwise purchased it. You're still right though, that isn't your concern

Do you own the physical structure on which the data plays?

If you do, anything your money paid hardware does it's yours and legal.

>inb4 kikery

If you’re actually serious that you can’t see what is morally wrong with denying those who worked on these goods their due for their work then there isn’t much helping you. It isn’t about ‘I wouldn’t have bought it anyway’, it’s about obtaining the goods without giving your due.

If you’re actually serious that you can’t see what is morally wrong with denying those who worked on these goods their due for their work then there isn’t much helping you. It isn’t about ‘I wouldn’t have bought it anyway’, it’s about obtaining the goods without giving your due.

Notice how ambiguously the "piracy" opponent moves the terms away from "theft"

>make a movie and want people to buy it
>one person buys it for $9.99
>puts movie online for everyone
>1 million people watch it for free

your movie was a hit and 1 million people watched it but you only get $9.99

How do you believe this isn't theft?

define theft

You fucking idiot. I never said it was theft. Piracy has not and never will be theft. The ‘theft vs. not theft’ argument is one used by people who are pro-piracy to obscure the point.

It isn’t theft, this does not make it moral or legal. Piracy is neither moral or legal. You are barely above nigger tier.

Both of you fuck off with the ‘theft vs not theft’ horseshit. It isn’t theft. It is still morally wrong. Obtaining goods and services without the consent of the creator/distributor is morally wrong.

>wouldn't buy it if I had the money
>not worth saving money fore

>But will still spend time playing games and watching films that were not worth your money.

If you're not doing something better with your time, you should probably just have paid for the product.

the premise was "it isn't theft", and you posted a response in disagreement

It sounds like you're saying it's rude, like not tipping a waitress

its not theft, but that doesnt make it right. stop fucking using leftist language twisting tactics.

Whatever helps you sleep at night

It's theft but it's petty theft at the most.

Information is like gravity, or strong electromagnetism.

You don't pay for those.

It's not. The thing is most people that pirate wouldn't have gotten the product otherwise, so they are not losing customers. In fact piracy can help, as some people might buy something they liked after pirating it.

>You are barely above nigger tier.

Honestly, this. I rarely play video games anymore but when I want a new one, I'll buy directly from Steam to support the devs. Piracy weenies cry about how games have gone to shit and do nothing to prod the gaming industry in the direction they want to see it go. Inb4 "le piracy actually hurts sales maymay!!" It does, just like second hand sales do, something Japanese devs have been tearing hair out of their head over for decades. If you faggots want better games, START FUCKING BUYING THEM FAGGOTS. I'm probably the only person that bought Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 1+2 on Wii U back in the day because I want more Japanese games and less SJW horse shit.

Theft doesn't always have to be as simple as someone physically taking candy from a baby.

If I made a movie or a game or whatever the fuck. I have the right to sell/distribute it however I want.

If one were to take my product and essentially copy it for everyone without my consent, then that would be theft.

I don't understand the argument of why theft shouldn't be used to describe this action. Theft/piracy/counterfeiting it's all the same thing under different names.

define theft

I've done this on more than one occasion. I wouldn't have known if those were worth paying for if I hadn't gotten them for free first. Sadly, free is the highest price that most content can command.

The main problem is, it intellectual property isn't given its due respect. The creators of unique intellectual property have no monetary incentive to create anything.
Basically if you spent time creating a movie, video game, book, invention out of Pocket since it takes time and time is money, you'd want to make sure your intellectual property if successful can generate some money for you.
If you know you'll never get a dime since it'll be ripped off and pirated you wouldn't really pursue it would you?
Not many people spend time and effort to do something for the good of humanity.

This. People need to stop supporting shitty practices by companies like EA or they will continue as if nothing changed. Then again, too many normalfags will continue to drive their sales, they will just lose the hardcore fans.
I only pirate a few games and it's mostly for the dlcs. It's pretty much just the crusader Kings dlcs actually, and I already bought most of the more expensive ones.

"Crypto anarchy will create a liquid market for any and all material which can be put into words and pictures. And just as a seemingly minor invention like barbed wire made possible the fencing-off of vast ranches and farms, thus altering forever the concepts of land and property rights in the frontier West, so too will the seemingly minor discovery out of an arcane branch of mathematics come to be the wire clippers which dismantle the barbed wire around intellectual property."

activism.net/cypherpunk/crypto-anarchy.html

you duplicate my product and offer it for free
this is alright

let me make a comparison:
- you work your job and you can barely buy any games
- I bring in a robot that duplicates your job and does it for free

do you see the problem now?

It doesn't. It's just the wests "war on - " culture that tries to put as many people in jail as possible.

>"If it's good, I'll buy it."
If you buy it, you won't enjoy it as much as you would have. The magic of the first time will be gone. Spoiled. You can only feel that once, and you chose to feel a diminished, inferior version.
>"It's not really hurting anyone."
You're wrong. It's hurting you. When you let yourself have anything, soon nothing feels special anymore.
I'm not even concerned with whether piracy is or isn't theft.

When you purchase something, it has a tangible effect on your attitude towards it and towards yourself. You've earned this thing. It's yours now. It has value to you, and no matter what pirates say, that value makes how much you like (or dislike) it mean more. The emotional attachment is stronger -- and most of the things pirates pirate being entertainment, emotional attachments are directly tied to the enjoyment of the products.

When you purchase something, you've likely sacrificed (if only temporarily) the possibility of owning something else. Making such choices is good for you. Figuring out your priorities is a skill that can never get enough practice.
Getting everything you want is a terrible habit to set for yourself. It turns you spoiled and robs everything you "own" of its value.

You lose the gamble of "will this be worth it?" Though this may seem like a plus on the surface (and it's a common excuse that pirates give for themselves), if you have nothing to risk by trying an unknown thing, you have no reason not to waste your time on it. Being burned by a bad purchase teaches you lessons. It encourages you to think about why you were let down, how it happened, and what steps you can take to avoid similar disappointments in the future. Pirates rarely learn this lesson, because all they've lost is their time.

Hours and hours spent "sampling" pirated content, ostensibly just to see if they like it or not. If they don't like it, those hours of piracy were arguably wasted. If they do like it they have the choice between being a piece of garbage who doesn't support things they enjoy, or having to live up to the "if it's good, I'll buy it" policy: If it's a game, that means starting over from the beginning, thus making the piracy an arguable waste of time. If it's a show or an album, that means paying for something they already enjoyed and could already revisit any time, thus making the purchase an arguable waste of money.

How could anyone be happy with this? Piracy is a decision to enjoy things less. All it leads to is a atrophying of essential life skills, a rejection of valuable experiences, and an absolute waste of time and money. And for what? Stop making excuses. Stop pirating. Start enjoying life more.

Apples and oranges comparison.
The employer owns the job not the employee, he can determine when and by whom it gets accomplished.

Supporting kike industries like Hollywood is degenerate. Never give them shekels user. Never

t. Proud pirate seeding kike movies outta spite

Supertramp is always removing great concert footage of theirs ;'( hold me Sup Forums

taking something that is not rightfully yours.
In this case, the 'pirate' took the sales/distribution from the owner.

now I'm mad that I wasted my lunch break arguing about this

20th century fox has a right to my pocketbook?

Hi david... you still work at applebees?

pic related, it's david.

Does a physical media version of your product exists?

Is it guarantee by the rules of capitalism?

Nope, dropped the ball there couldn't foresee that you might need the physical object, it can't be all fiat.

>literally only pol approved answer
it's sad when you realize how many shills and dumb faggots browse here who support ((their)) industries with shekels and try to shrug it off as "morally wrong" while dreaming about the day of the rope

pol seems to have become a playground for agencies and propaganda tool

I pirate a lot of games that I would've otherwise paid for.

It's theft.

So theft isn't theft when your poor? Kys degenerate thief.

It's not leftist language tactics. It's fact

>free publicity
>theft

heres anouther picture of david.

found the bottom part of that picture (yellow) on the interwebs, like it, saved it.

Welcoming (((propaganda))) into your life is just as poisonous whether you pay for it or not. Seeding it so other, less guarded people can be exposed to it doesn't hurt (((the producers))). It helps them get their messaging to more people. Pirates are right. Piracy isn't theft. You're not hurting the enemy. You're helping them.

It isn't theft, pay no attention to these "intellectual property" faggots, you haven't deprived anybody of anything. Also fuck the kikes.

>"I was never going to buy it anyway"

Yet you'll actually spend several hours being entertained by it? Yeah code is just 1s and 0s that can be infinitely replicated, but someone actually wrote that code for an expected payment, and the fact that you experienced and enjoyed their work without giving them anything in return is objectively theft. Muh faceless corporation isn't an argument. Muh victimless crime isn't an argument.

I pirate too, but Im under no delusions that I'm being noble or righteous or anything other than a thieving negro

If you can't work out a way to monetise 1 million views, you aren't doing it right. You don't have a right to £10 million just because you say so.

>just downloaded Jurassic World today

>didnt even finish watching it and deleted to save space off my drive.

AHHHAA!!

SO THIS IS THE POWER OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY!!!!!

being exposed to propaganda doesn't mean you're automatically influenced by it
i do agree to some extent, it may be a way to spread it even more, but it's still better than directly paying for hollywood orgies, rapes, and shias leboufs new hwndu campaign

*Wins the thread*

>If you know you'll never get a dime since it'll be ripped off and pirated you wouldn't really pursue it would you?
And yet internet memes are produced by the million. Not all human activity involves money, believe it or not.

There are consequences of piracy:

For example Tower Records.

However their are also benifits, which typically are the destruction of supernormal profita via artificial scarcity and government sanctioned monopoly.

Copyright laws are out of wack.

> Monetize 1 million NEETs downloading your movie for free off a torrent tracker while running ad-block.

Well this was the most retarded thing I've read all day. Thanks user.

This. Not to mention that if you pirate a movie or game you can't afford, you will not be purchasing a movie or game that you CAN afford because you will be substituting it with the free content. This hurts the economy. You can pirate all you want just don't act like a moralfag when you do it.

this
imagine mcdonalds would all of a sudden come up with "funny frog face" stickers or something

we do it for free, for the people

>Sup Forums was robin hood all along

>the destruction of supernormal profita via artificial scarcity and government sanctioned monopoly.
This x 1000, all the good goys ITT defending the obscene profits made by film studios, record companies etc. These people live like fucking Arab sheiks.

independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/elton-john-spent-pound40m-in-20-months-622287.html

They can cry me a fucking river

If you have so much contempt for them then why pirate their shit at all? You do exactly as much damage to their wallets by ignoring their products. Spend your time more wisely. Don't hand it to them.

>You can't swap save files

>product placement during the movie
>ads before and after the movie
These are ideas sometimes done by moviemakers. The company buying a product placement doesn't give a fuck or not if you bought the movie or not, as long as you watch the movie, thus it can be a way to make side revenues.

If filmproducers + youtube were smart they'd put, 2 months after the dvd release, a ULTRA HD WHATEVERTHEFUCKBLURAY Version of their movie onto youtube, and then you tell the normies to buy a subscribtion
there are your shekels

80% of the people want stuff on their youtube you can believe me there

I do largely ignore it, it just annoys me when people like Metallica are demanded the death penalty for anyone copying their shit, and meanwhile they travel to the concert on separate private jets because they aren't talking to each other. The fact that some people actually go for this baffles me. Don't get me started on how much professional sportsmen are paid.

They could put the thing on Youtube, how much do you get for a million hits?

Stealing from Jews is completely ethical.
They promote moral relativism and now it's coming to roost.
Still vote with your wallet for anything that you care for.

>a rejection of valuable experiences
So buying something which you then don't like is a valuable experience? That's the most Jewish thing I've read all day.

> Product Placement
> Lower the Quality of Film So NEET's can keep pirating

You realize for Product Placement alone to even come close to paying for the budgets of a film, you would need every actor to be covered in bumper stickers for every product under the sun, guzzling 30 bottles of Pepsi of the back of a Toyota truck every scene.

All so NEETs can have their gimmiedats

About 100 dollars.

Retard

And yet they do product placement in movies anyway, especially ones which will already make huge profits (eg James Bond). Sheer kikery.

Once these fucks release their creation into the world, then it becomes the world's. Create a fan base who is willing to donate for your continued creations or fuck off and die.

That's OK, they can have a Patreon etc, there are a lot of ways to monetise content without actually charging for it.

Yep those memes that take thousands of hours, years of experience, and complicated software to produce

>Create a fan base who is willing to donate for your continued creations or fuck off and die
Trips of truth, the old charging model is fucked as sensible producers realise, there's still plenty of money to be made as long as they know how to add value.

Why not? But that alone won't pay for a film. Your suggestion to fund it only from product placement would completely destroy the film industry.

Which is fine if you wanna play the "stop the kikes" card but for the average NEET at home, I think killing the movie industry would probably lead to mass suicide.

"Donations"

So some optional payment method that you won't be partaking in?

A nice spin on the gimmiedat.. Are you black?

How the fuck is it not theft?

>thousands of hours, years of experience
Some of the NEETs on here have both these things

How much of your software is open-source? Because most of mine is, and yet somehow it just keeps coming, and it's better than the paid stuff.

The United States of ZOG already has the highest imprisonment rate in the world. I hate statist scum.

You fucking retard its theft. I hope you make something and someone just takes it away from you denying you profit.

Keep dreaming hunie

Anti-piracy is theft, since I'm using a computer that I own and an internet that I pay for. If I walked into a store and saw something I could make at home, would it be theft to go home and make it? No. Forbidding people to do it is immoral. We live in a world where a liar walks away because of "free speech" and a good citizen is harassed because he didn't pay for a copy he made. What if you came up with something only for someone else to register its copyright, would that not then be theft? Claiming that piracy takes away money from content creators is like claiming the business man takes away money from his employees. The money is not theirs if you don't believe in property in the first place. My computer is my property, and so is my house and my contract with my internet provider. What about the movie quotes, all the catchphrases, they are not copyright infringements because suddenly it doesn't matter if they were "stolen" since they get a movie or show popular. What about a movie/product that became popularized because of "piracy", suddenly it's not a theft anymore but a good thing? A theft definition that is solely based on the outcome is very different from the traditional idea of theft. What about competitors in the free market, are they "stealing" from the other company?

> Implying Source Code on a Git Repo that is loosely worked on over the course of 5 or 10 years by a large array of people in their free time is comparable to a full scale movie with full time employees working around the clock for a year to produce something.

H-h-heh.. Linux is free.. why not everything else in the world? M-my distro works way better than my pirated copy of Windows..

What if it is theft?

human civilization is built on theft.

Rich people would not exist if they had never stolen.

A poor man would never make it to the top if he doesnt steal.

Theft Is Natural.

And A Real Man Takes What He Wants

From a shitty hollywood muticulti movie, to your wife, to entire kingdoms and nations.

>I hope you make something and someone just takes it away from you denying you profit.
If they copy it, I still have it, so they haven't taken it away from me. Especially if I let them copy it. This is how Linux works. Most of the world's web servers run on it.

There has been a paradigm shift in the information economy. There is so much content being created now, and that content is all available on a moment's whim. That a person chooses to prioritize viewing and being receptive to one piece of media over another is now a privilege to the content creator, when viewers pick them to let into their head and react to the ideas in that work.

There is an attitude among content creators that because they've spent their time creating something, they deserve financial compensation for it, to sustain their special individual contributions. But there are so many others who would be capable of creating equivalent content with their own special individual perspective if they decided to dedicate the time to it. So much that is called art now is either the work of an individual without a special value that validates their sense of entitlement to pay for having spent their time that way. There are also those who participate in content-producing industries as compartmentalized individuals in an aggregate, where any value by a truly worthwhile auteur is diluted by the other bureaucratic levels of the aggregate who value marketing over artistic merit. A camel is a horse designed by committee. There is a similar spirit in this aggregate form on a much larger scale, where the investment of time and resources entitles them to a return on their investment. This is in spite of not contributing anything of value to those who dedicate their time engaging with the content they have created.

Previously in history there was a great disdain for the profession of acting. They would take wealth from the masses while providing nothing of value beyond a fuzzy feeling or being dazzled into submission by spectacle. This was inverted into a reverence for their spectacle by marketing industries during the 20th century.

Creators should be satisfied that their work is incorporated into the viewers mindset, not a financial motivation.

Of course it is. You learn from it. You figure out how to avoid being burned like that again. If you "only" wasted your time, then it's easy to go who gives a fuck. Pirates seem to assign much less value to time than they should. It's still a waste. That's my point.

>Side revenues
Damn you're dense.

Yes, Product Placement is Side Revenues.

I was responding to someone stating it should be the sole income for the movie and it should be completely free otherwise.

Who is the dense one?

All I'm saying is that products can be produced without being paid for by sale proceeds. Movies are actually a good example, much of the money is paid for actually seeing them at a movie theatre, which is fine. You could easily have the actual digital file free to copy as long as you don't show it in a cinema, and let's be honest, that's what has actually happened, they know that the cat is out of the bag so they seem to have given up on prosecuting people "pirating" for their own use, and they still make big profits - just not as much as they think they should be making.

I already choose not to participate by pirating the shit. No gibmes. I didn't ask for it, they created it and released it into my world.

>You figure out how to avoid being burned like that again
I have

It takes time and experience to create the dankest memes in history.

If the film industry officially endorsed getting the movie for free digitally after the box office rush was over - very few people would watch it in theaters anymore and a lot of movies would fail and bankrupt the studios.

Why pay 12 bucks for a theater ticket sitting next to some fat smelly fuck, when I can watch it for free in my home theater?

Even then, being generous - only your big name movies that break the box office would succeed. That means more Star Wars / Super Hero / Transformer movies and almost nothing else.

Honestly - Keep pirating and accept the fact you want it free. Stop the Moral Piracy Fagging.

I'm not driving a Car - I'm traveling.

It is a speculative loss, a made up 'justification' of non material loss.
There are researches that already shown that people who pirate and buy spend more than people who only buy original stuffs. Also people who torrent tends to spend more as well.
As the market crashing because more and more people realizing that movies are becoming shit the jewish directors are flailing their arms trying to stop the loss by inventing such terms to sue people.

>Why pay 12 bucks for a theater ticket sitting next to some fat smelly fuck, when I can watch it for free in my home theater?
And yet people do, and it isn't because of any moral qualms about pirating it. To my shame, I actually give quite a lot to the cinema jew because I have children who like going to the cinema. I also went to see Dunkirk because I thought it would be better on a massive screen. I do just want it free, but I think Hollywood is a den of iniquity and it would be better for everyone if it burned down.

That isn't a theft, a reverse psychology like this won't work because you always assume the 'market' which often hit and miss and speculative. More joke is if the movie is global. Do you really expect all 7 billion people will watch it as your market?

Then go on and keep scarfing it down. As much as your hard drive can hold. Gorge yourself and make sure to seed it for all the other weak-willed faggots too.

>make a movie and want people to buy it
>one person buys it for $9.99
>puts movie online for everyone
>1 million people watch it for free

your movie was a hit and 1 million people watched it but you only get $9.99

haha, i just "stole" your comment from you, fucking retard. and no i wont be giving it back, its mine now.

Obtaining goods about which you know next to nothing, though. In the ads every game looks epic, in reality and especially in hindsight they are more often than not 'meh'.
Why would you possibly buy a game for say 60 bucks when you'll regret it after 5 hours of doing pretty much nothing.
>Hurdur people worked for it.
So? I can make you a drawing of a turd, would you pay top dollar for it just because I made it by hand even when it lacks depth?

You forgot half the post. Why do that when I know it will be released for free digitally right after.

Most people have a large screen television and great sound system. You even admit yourself that you only go to the theater because your kids want to.

This isn't 1970. You can get the same experience at home unless you really want overpriced buttery popcorn. Most Normies would be perfectly happy with that experience if free movies were officially endorsed.