Mfw I found out France used to guillotine people up until 40 years ago

>mfw I found out France used to guillotine people up until 40 years ago.

Couldn't they have used a more humane method of execution?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LOwcyNTsaZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=jkR36C5uVlU
youtube.com/watch?v=0q66NuZrB2E
youtube.com/watch?v=A5gAN1P2JbM
imdb.com/title/tt5052448/
youtube.com/watch?v=OK1VTB-OvDw
come-and-hear.com/editor/america_1.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blowing_from_a_gun
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Typical leaf, basing his policy positions on emotion

>humane
>execution
Pick one.

Guillotine is the most humane execution method ever invented.

>quick and theoretically painless severing of the brainstem
>everything is mechanical, meaning that no human error can botch it
>low cost and easy to make
>can be performed anywhere

Injecting someone with poison is not painless and the person is very aware that they are dying while it slowly occurs, and it very often gets botched which can result in a criminal screaming for his life for 10 minutes while his body slowly dies.

Lethal injections are extremely humane. A painless death.

Whereas with the guillotine you are still conscious for over 10 seconds after you have been decapitated.

guillotine is probably one of the most humane methods when done efficiently (sharp blade)

probably better than the amerifats methods which just paralyze you while being beyond painful. It just looks better for the spectators...

>instant death
>not humane
I don’t support the death penalty but it’s a shame we stopped hanging people too. When done correctly it’s instantaneous, even lethal injection or gas chamber puts the victim in horrible pain for several minutes before they die.

Clearly hasn't done any reading on the subject
lethal injections fail all the time, and millions are paid in lawsuits alleging the convict feels pain.

Instead, a guillotine cuts the brain stem in an instant

Other than a .45 between the eyes it's probably the quickest way to reliably kill someone. Probably only phased out from general practice because of the blood

Day of guillotine when?

>Whereas with the guillotine you are still conscious for over 10 seconds after you have been decapitated.
Are you fucking stupid or something? How do you remain conscious when your brain is deprived instantly of all oxygen and blood? Even if your brain does not shut down the moment you get beheaded, how do you not go into medical shock at that moment?

how is it not humane? you die instantly

I knew leafs were retarded but wow.

youtu.be/LOwcyNTsaZ4

>lethal injection is extremely humane guys

Sure it is. A bullet would have been far cheaper and considerably less painful.

Humans are just like chickens and often run around headless for a few minutes if not restrained properly. Firing squad is the only humane execution.

This is what I would say, but there are videos of eyes moving to an object/person afterwards, so it cant be involuntary.
But I agree, I mean a Kato-style chop to the side of the neck can actually KO someone because it momentarily disrupts the flow of blood to the brain on one fucking side. I'd say instant decapitation would have at least the same effect desu

i mean your entire nervous system is gone so it isn't like you feel it

nerves firing off with spasms is not "running around," the mouth and eyes spasm too when beheaded does that magically mean they are blinking and trying to talk?

Have you ever watched decapitation videos on gore websites? I have so I know what I am talking about.

I agree but the leaf has a point too:

There are actually documented cases of people trying to reattach their own severed head.

This. An American should know executions.

Lethal injects are ruined many times and sometimes... what is the word, executionees? experience tremendous pain as the part of the drug cocktail that removes the blood ability to absorb oxygen works, but the painkiller doesn't, based on their individual body chemistry (or opioid resistance, for American executionees.So they experience the pain of every cell of their body being deprived of oxygen but still being hyper-sensitive to pain and being fully awake.

Horrible. Why not just shoot them? America also makes a nice way to shoot executionees, they tie them up, they have a box full of powerful rifles, rigged to a system and 3 people in another room, holding strings, only one string pulls the triggers on the box full of guns.

So simple, cheap, guns and ammo are cheap and plentiful, it's pretty stupid to rely to expensive drugs, or even worse, special electric chairs or special toxic gass emitting candles.

Just shoot them, bullets are great at killing people and very cheap.

this, OP should be gassed, or injected

if you are talking like the ISIS things where they hack someone with a rusty machete over like 10 minutes that is totally different

also they are edited/setup to be as painful as possible by design

Here is the final public execution, shot in 1939: youtube.com/watch?v=jkR36C5uVlU
The criminal was Eugène Weidmann

>Weidmann

>chopchop
Would you like some Rat-au-vin to help you think?
youtube.com/watch?v=0q66NuZrB2E

I believe wholeheartedly that guillotine in front of public crowd is the most humane method of execution. We should bring it back. Possibly public lynching too. Closed doors lethal injections, shooting squad, quick painless deaths are inhumane. You don't put any fear into the heart of other would be criminals.

Non. le ramener

>Humane
>Execution
PICK ONE

Firing squad is the most efficient and humane way to kill someone.

I think for the EU war crimes tribunal it will be making a come back.
I would prefer death by sodomy for them, but you can't have everything.

firing squad isn't humane at all it can take a ton of shots until they bleed out if you don't hit the head...

you just contradicted yourself

Yeah, ok .. takes several minutes to bleed out after getting shot and the person is in extreme pain.

Stupid Burger

>This level of shitposting

Video games and movies don't count as documented cases

So it doesn't matter if the brain is removed from the body and the nervous system is destroyed, they can still perform complex movements that require conscious thought?

French revolution was a freemason revolution. They boast about it. Freemasons are communists, never listen to any of their lies. They will protect their fellow brethren at any costs. The French revolution was rife with interracial degeneracy, thievery, crime on all levels and much more including rape and pedophilia. The freemasons dying off is a testament that god does not want you to take any oaths and that their wickedness will be punished in the longhaul. Their destruction of the community spits in the face of God, and god will send all freemasons to hell for this. Their sham barbeques make God even angrier.

why does it matter if a person is in pain as they die

>No brain
>Body just works

Flag checks out

Would rather your parents die of a heart attack in their sleep or to be raped and murdered over the course of 6 hours?

>Guillotine is the most humane execution method ever invented.
People speculate the brain still processes things for like 10 seconds after. That sounds horrifying.

you're talking bollocks karl!

>if we're going to kill people, we should feel as good about it as possible!
Humans are retarded

Bong style

youtube.com/watch?v=A5gAN1P2JbM

10 seconds of knowing its happening with no pain is probably one of the best ways to die comparatively.

Beyond the 4 shotguns or center of nuke blast what actually kills people faster

Should we treat murderers, terrorists and child rapists with the same dignity we give our parents?

reminds me of imdb.com/title/tt5052448/

a true fuckin horror on that subject

The Guillotine was developed to be a human execution method. Before it, only the nobility had the right to be beheaded, commoners were hung.

the Guillotine was developed for equality in execution.

You spelled long drop hanging wrong

True. Also someone can black out without looking like it, we've seen boxers who are unconscious, but they are still on their feet briefly from conditioned habit.
I got punched once and black out immediately but didn't fall down. apparently I was even still punching so the nervous system is a complex thing.

Day of the Rope

youtube.com/watch?v=OK1VTB-OvDw

It's inhmane?

It's one thing to shoot a murderer in the head, or hang him, or gas him. It's something else to force him to fight lions in a coliseum or to flay him alive with a potato peeler, or boil him in sulfuric acid.

A mix-match bullshit drug cocktail for execution is worst. It's creepy, even. Or lashing them up in a salty electric chair, having their lungs and throat, bladder and other tissues and the executionees goddamn brain fucking EXPLODE from the current. Like, dude, we know electricity is cheap but that's still brutal as fuck.

Americans, I ask you to execute your people in quick, simple, inexpensive ways. We may find a day where very many Americans must be executed. It's idiotic to think we I mean, authorities opposed to Americans would have time to flay and torture everyone, like you suggested.

We get all our execution information from you guys, so by no means, keep experimenting!

>i just discovered something and think it is wrong without bothering to look past 1 article
You have to go back

It isn't deprived instantly at all. Blood preassure drops to practical zero, but capilar preassure of 30 mmHg remains for quite some time, anough to provide the brain for those at least few seconds of consiousness.

yes, france always tended to be muslim

So it pays to be as calm as possible so that blood pressure is low?

Not if it's a firing squad of cannons.

honestly it isnt about what is most tolerable for the person being killed that matters, but what is most tolerable for the person doing the killing.

In the case of accidental decapitations, by blunt force trauma or some sharp edge the brain suffers that shock, like a knock out.

It is different with a quick blade (Katana, Guillotine, Simitar). The blood pressure from the carotids, and vertebral arteries is almost instantaneous. However, the cells get their oxigen from cappilaries, and they don't loose that pressure instantly. In fact, that pressure is manteined for sever moments, as long as the head isn't being bleeded.

Since there is no trauma, the brain can and does remain conscious for a little while.

it is better to be hot in the side of the head with a sledgehammer than to be decapitated by a fucking guillotine. French fucked it up bad.

>humane

Masonic executions are (((humane))) as fuck
come-and-hear.com/editor/america_1.html
By definition

kek

That is nothing the Spanish were garroting Basque sepratives up till 1975

"Hey, bruh. I'm going to put these dangerous chemicals right into your veins, bruh. Don't worry, it's fucking humane, bruh."

What dangerous chemicals? They are normal drugs in lethal doses.

No, a bullet to the chest is almost instant.
A double tap and one to the dome.
Over in 2 seconds, and thats with one pistol.

Tough titty Turks were crucifying people 100 years ago

There was a scientist that got the guillotine for grave robbing, he asked his understudy to quickly grab his head after the execution and asked him to record if he is blinking and how long for. His final experiment.
He made sure the guillotine was extra sharp for himself.
Mad fucker, can't remember his name.

cancerous liberal detected

We used to strap Poos to cannons.
For being bad poos.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blowing_from_a_gun

Antoine-Laurent de Lavoisier

A genious.

But it always works. Lethal injections are nice when they work, but if they dont you can suffer hellishly up to an hour until people realise something went wrong.
DDR also used that method.

There does not exist a more humane method of execution than the guillotine.

Just fucking shoot me, dude. Nothing more humane than five bullets entering your chest at the same time.

Bullet to the head id argue as you can die just as fast in a more dignified position.

Lethal injections make burning at the stake look humane.

I think nitrogen asphyxiation is pretty chill. A large-caliber bullet through the brain would be pretty swift, as well. Surprising the person to be executed would be pretty humane, as well. You don't tell them it's going to happen, you just find a way to do it in their sleep.

They'll go back to beheading soon enough at this rate.

Cool, what were the results?

Our one from England was great.
We put you in this badboy, The Iron Maiden.
See how long you can stand up, see you in a few weeks.

Nice one, thanks for the recall.
He was a good scientist...right to the end, and past it.

It says on Wikipedia there were 3 failed attempts to execute him with guillotine, with the fourth being successful. Because of this, they banned public executions due to hysteria. However, in the video it shows him being led to the guillotine. What happens after a failed guillotine attempt? Do they reschedule for a different day or do they move him away for some reason?

"libtards" drive the entire economy so try not biting the hand that feeds you and your subhuman, rodent, parasitic family, ok?

Literally hitler tier my man
>its just gas in lethal dosages, human mein neger

About 30 seconds. Lavoisier was a bad ass.

how is it not humane? Basically instant death. Electrocution, lethal injection, hanging are far more gruesome and inhumane.

You should have used that for streetshitting.

only a fucking leaf could be this stupid

Why, though. Once you've judged someone so worthless that you will actually take his life what does it really matter

theres 0% chance of side effects

The only reason why lethal injections suck so bad is the chemicals that are used and the fact that they use them so sparingly because they pay so much for them. Why not just use twice the recommended dose of sedative? Because you might kill them before you kill them, lol? I think Oklahoma or some other state just approved the use of carfentanyl or some other extremely powerful opiate for the use of lethal injection. I think they give a single 10 mg/1 milliliter injection into the muscle tissue, which is supposed to be 1000x the lethal dose for an adult. The person will just go into respiratory and cardiac depression within a minute or two and die a few minutes later from an opiate overdose. Would probably feel comfortably numb right there before you pass out, and the sleep would be too deep and the pain-killing effect of the medication too strong to feel anything before you die.

How about bolt guns like with livestock?

The condemned looks more Portuguese to me

It's cause it doubles as a baguette slicer

Many of those are victorian myths tho that got patched together from medieval shame-coats.

He kept blinking for 12 seconds and his assistant reported "A glaze" covered his eyes.
That must have been the loss of soul.
But I think it was a coded blink, to make sure it wasn't nerves.
Kinda like Morse blinking.
Seeing your own body would be fucked.

I imagine they lift the blade and immediately try again. It took 4 chops to finally cut his head off. I imagine he was unconscious after the 2nd or 3rd.

Was it 30? He made everything Metric from what I remember too.
Helps my work to this day.

I think we did.
If you weren't in the designated shitting/birthing street, cannon for you poo.
Prolly where the term "SHTF" came from...

the guillotine was absolutely humane,

much better than firing squad or hanging.

The guillotine gets its bad reputation for its role in robspierre's reign of terror durring the french revolution.

Not telling the person is against the western principle of transparent law.

It's faggots like you that give leafs a bad name.