The East and West create essentially the same character but based on each others' culture

>The East and West create essentially the same character but based on each others' culture

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!jFZzyQxa!eWYlP0a0G_goQXCKJCW8yLUwEBtjDnm66Ya5DQGUXYg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Humanity as a whole has been writing the same character for centuries.

Samurai Jack was a better cartoon than 99% of all anime.
There, I said it.

13 year old men would probably like the right better.
26 year old me likes the left better.

Thanks for your brave contribution to the world.

This thread was wrong when you posted it it in Sup Forums and its still wrong.

Thanks, it wasn't easy to do.

Just nuts and bolts.

Getting toward the end of what's out there for berserk and only the first bit was really impressive. I really enjoyed the golden age but once puck and ishidoro became main it really lost its bleakness. I almost don't want to finish it since the last few chapters are all short and just random illustrations

maybe compared to the other shows that came out the year samurai jack came out

>ugly flat art
>half the episode is boring walking
>fights are bad and everyone is a robot because muh censorship
>literally every episode is filler with zero plot

Is the reboot good then?

Looks like politically-correct and yet ultimately unremarkable tripe. It has no hook.

it's not a reboot, it's a continuation, but yeah it is
Feels like the old cartoon, it's grittier but not enough to alienate old fans. It still has its old atmosphere that old fans and new will appreciate

If you like the original, you'll like it.

Who would win in a fight Sup Forums? Samurai Jack or Guts?

Yeah I thought they were going to overdo it with their new ability to pretty much be as graphic and edgy as they want, but none of that happened.
The only time they showed blood was a split second and the villain and fight was just as good as it's always been

As much im Sup Forums fag myself, jack was an amazing show and don't trash on it just because of some retard. Also nostalgia

If you liked the original you will probably like this, they jyst bumped the age rating up a level and 50 year time skip.

Basically due to the whole thrown through time thing he has stopped physically aging. After 50 years he has bad ptsd and is paranoid as fuck from years of being fighting and being hunted. He also lost the sword at some point and is now having to rely on non-magic weapons. Next episode looks like its going to explore the ptsd angle some more.

True, but not much of an accomplishment knowing there's thousands of anime.

Go back to your containment board cuck:

they both as strong equally but jack is my favo

They would fight to a stand still and join forces.

yo, samurai jack is liked by Sup Forums you goof newfag

Guts swings a sword 10x times the size of jacks at a higher speed.

>a western cartoon is considered anime of the year
>gaijin streaming sites are funding good anime
How can nihonji even compete?

Fucking retarded nu-male trash.
Jack has already trouble fighting robots even a fat woman can smash and is fucked by supernatural beings all the time, he has no chance against Guts.

> you goof newfag
Very convincing.
Go put your wife's son to bed.

Now we just need a Megas continuation/reboot

Are you seriously this new or what? samurai jack is literally nostalgia trigger for every fag everyone

you seriously has to be this fucking underage aswell.

Samurai Jack is nowhere near as edgy (for the purpose of shock factor) though. Rape's a punchline in Berserk now, that's how it's gotten.

Yeah, jack lost few time, and he almost died as well, this why it makes his character better and this show overall. The MC is not OP at least

My God, is the new Jack out? Is it on nyaa? Do I have to stream?

Who is better villain, Aku or Aku?

Berserker Guts>Season 5 Jack>Guts=Jack

Does Sup Forums even watch any western cartoons? Besides Samurai Jack, I still occasionally rewatch classics like Courage the Cowardly Dog and Ed, Edd n Eddy.

mega.nz/#!jFZzyQxa!eWYlP0a0G_goQXCKJCW8yLUwEBtjDnm66Ya5DQGUXYg

Thanks.

Yeah, jack lost few times, and he almost died as well, this why it makes his character better and this show overall. The MC is not OP at least

Yeah, just rewatching ones from my childhood. I don't watch any new cartoons, pretty much.

Nothing from back then is good enough for me to go out of my way to watch an epsidoe. I mean, I already remember all the good shit

Are you implying that there is over 110 anime series better than samurai jack?

>is literally nostalgia trigger for every fag everyone

Stop, you're embarassing.

99.99% then

is literally nostalgia trigger for every fag. Everyone*

Happy?

ESL leave

This thread is so fucking dumb and I love both series. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined getting closure on samurai jack before berserk though.

Could Guts defeat Aku?

Could Aku defeat the God Hand?

Go away

also worst 2hu

>inb4 it gets canceled again
>while Jack is on a boat

I rewatch Moral Orel a lot.
Also, I was thinking about watching Flapjack and Chowder. I really enjoyed some of their episodes, but I was too old to follow those shows at airing.

>announcing your reports

>Flapjack and Chowder.
these two are when I started hating everything on cartoon network

Those are both pretty enjoyable
Adventure time is great but there's a chance you may have had it hyped to the point of not liking it
Regular Show was pretty well done too. My gf got me to start watching Gravity Falls in exchange for her watching Nichijou and I'm enjoying it so far.

Can i just get a list of characters anime to rip off wholly from Elric of Melnibone?

Since we somewhat talking about Jack, I've kind of wondered what Mako would of sounded like and what roles he would of been casted into if he went back to japan and did some voice action in anime here and there

They're literally nothing alike. They're silent-ish badasses that get roped into shit as they walk the land trying to get to their ultimate goal. Outside of that, they're nothing alike. Jack is much more relaxed and honorable.

>fights are bad and everyone is a robot because muh censorship

Worst part honestly, Samurai Jack would have better would have been better with copious amounts of red on the screen.

yeah, the only parts I wouldn't put on cartoon network were when the children literally get beat up, and when they kill the other trainers

Let's see:
>BLACK SLAYER
VS
>BLACK'D SLAYER

I think we have an answer.

>Gatsu
>OP

Idiot.

early on I watched adventure time, but that shit turned stale after a while

Do you honestly believe this, because I think it was a limitation that turned out to be greatly beneficial.

...You really thought grammar was the problem there?

Also the robot guy instead of implying he killed everyone in the village just straight up said he did killed everyone in the village.

I always thought the robots were dumb, I like my monsters organic.

No, it's mostly aesthetic fetishism coupled with content for

It's almost like Guts hasn't been fucked about and experienced an arc which destroyed his mental health.

Oh yeah.

Aku is immune to everything not of divine or elemental origin and can regenerate from a tiny scrap

>...

I guess we will see a lots of blood in this season

Im too tired fixing my shit

have to be*
happy?

what the fuck does any of that even mean?

I guess posters like you explain the sad state of Sup Forums.
Now go back.

It's basically like bleach but with no side characters.

Same with avatar also

that literally sound like Berserk

Modern literature grads and snoody sophists from the 1700's had too much time on their hands

As much as I love Isekei, its a shit chart.
Its mostly memed because George Lucas really liked it, and decided to go Balls Deep in adapting it.

Its ignoring how stories work, to do cherry picking.
The thing is, it works for mercenary stories, assuming it ends with rural retirement. But beyond that it has no basis in anything.

Because the west always does it better. I mean, did you see our bomb guys? Way better than those anime bombs. I mean we just rule.

>Kreia
>hero

SJ was a great literal children's cartoon, but the character depth left alot to be required. It's an entertainment franchise for kids, not a masterpiece.

>Kreia
>Hero
>Ubermensch
u wot

>Kreia
>Not a sock puppet for the Exiles potential ascension
Did you sleep trough the game?

Did we play different games?

Agreed

Perhaps you were expecting some surprise, for me to reveal a secret that had eluded you, something that would change your perspective of events, shatter you to your core. There is no great revelation, no great secret. There is only you.

I think you are really overthinking this. Also, context

Samurai Jack only has nostalgia going for it. Cartoons are so much better these days and can actually rival anime in maturity and storytelling.

pic unrelated

>>ugly flat art
>>half the episode is boring walking

this is why samurai jack is amazing... you know nothing about art, design, filmmaking, animation, and your taste suck

Oh, brave soldier boy. Come back home.

Are we talking about regular Guts or Post Eclipse Guts wielding the Doragonkoroshi and Kyanon'āmu, trained with the Rensha-shiki bōgan and fully armored in Kyō Senshi no Kacchū?

with jack's sword, yes
not without

I guess I wasn't the only one that noticed the similarities between the new Samurai Jack season and Berserk after the eclipse?

No, but you're very welcome to post more art like this.

SU has better art, deals with more mature topics, and has an actual plot unlike Jack

I know Sup Forums hates cartoons aside from their childhood which theyll defend to death, but its not really up for debate

that 1% is berserk

Yeah because putting a song about lesbian love in the middle of a fight is good storytelling.
Fuck off to /trash/ with your glorified western garbage.