Late to the game, but do you think Yasua has what it takes to handle Devilman?

Late to the game, but do you think Yasua has what it takes to handle Devilman?

Site and trailer : devilman-crybaby.com/

Director: Masaaki Yuasa
Script: Ichiro Okouchi
Animation Producer: Eunyoung Choi
Music: Kensuke Oshio

>Yasua
But yeah of course. He's the best active director at the moment.
Netflix made a good choice, even Nagai agreed.

You should be asking that about Okouchi instead.

>2013
>4 years ago

It can't fucking be.

It's the most basic and easy story back from a time when comics were for children, so yes, I think every director could handle that simple shit.

I'm scared because he did Valvrape

>back from a time when comics were for children
Manga has always been for all ages, you fucking moron.

I'm more insulted by the disservice you're doing to Tatsumi and his bunch, who paved the way for something as wonderful as Devilman to exist. Good bait, cunt.

Valvrape was at least amusing as a horrible trainwreck in season 1.

Season 2 managed to make the trainwreck boring of all things.

"No!"

That was changed with the international propagation of what's known as Shonen Jumps "Big 3" this changed the marked forever as it made publishers realize they had more of a market than they originally thought, things like Shingeki No Kyiojin and Thokyo Gould would not have been posible in the past.

At least read abit abotu the subject instead of flat out being wrong.

Are you going to make daily threads until it airs?

Kill yourself.
There's always been manga directed towards certain audiences, i.e. salary men, housewives etc.
It hasn't always been for children.

Yes, and you're going to like it.

You're wrong but I'm curious. What exactly do you see in SNK and Tokyo Ghoul that you think wouldn't have been possible before the Big 3?

We're still in 2017.

Devilman is for children dumbshit. The main characters are going to school.

Are they going for this style?

Lol fuck off Mario

>The main characters are going to school.
Uh for, like one or two chapters yeah.

>Mario
?

Imagine being this wrong

No this one

Uncanny resemblance, you're a genius.

>frogposting
Don't do it.

>full adaption
>Yuasa
>Kensuke Ushio

The movie Yuasa was working on didn't really pique my interest, but this is getting me hyped.

k

Comics back then were for kids indeed, but kid comics back then weren't messing around.

Violence Jack came out only one year after Devilman and acted as a non canonical sequel to the series.

And it was published in a shounen magazine.

That's because Nagai realised at the time that older people were actually reading his stuff, so he made stuff for them appropriately, like Devilman.

no

it's an adaptation, there are not many chance he can fuck this up

M. Otsuki, what was your first encounter with Go Nagai's work?

Toshimichi Otsuki (Evangelion producer) : Me too, it was the "Big Battle" in Harenchi Gakuen, the scene where a girlfriend of Jubei went to look for her underwear who someone threw somewhere, you see? That traumatised me. Also, in Mao Dante, the scene where Ryo Utsugi while crawling on the ground, realised that he was cut into two, the fact that they took his lower body. That too, traumatised me.

Go Nagai : Sorry, if the only thing I did was traumatise you! (Laughs)

TO : There's this scene as well, in Violence Jack, when Takuma lifts up the body of a person when suddenly, finds out that the lower body wasn't there... When I read that, I immediately thought of Mao Dante. People cut in two seems to be a leitmotiv in your work, isn't that right, Mr. Nagai?

GN : Sorry. (Laughs)

That's also how Akira Fudo gets done for, the hero of Devilman.

I also remember the first time I discovered Baron Ashura. That reminded me of the character, Toranotsuke in Gakuen Taikutsu Otoko: the one who had half of his face burnt with sulphuric acid, you see? Generally, he wears a bandage on his face, but sometimes it got loose, and we could see half of his face... I thought that had to be Baron Ashura's prototype.

GN : Yes, I think that's right. My idea was to create embarrassment with a face that was half handsome and half horrible.

TO : In your work, there are frightening images of disfigured characters, torn bodies or human-dogs, which were very scary, and in addition to that, there were frights that we prefer not to talk about, generally speaking. It's the kind of things we prefer not thinking in our everyday life. In Devilman and Mao Dante, the memory that in the past, humans were the prey of demons, it's really something terrifying.

Yeah I'm sure Manga Action, which started running in 1967, was aimed at children too. Oh wait, no it wasn't, it's a fucking seinen zine. Different genres and demographics were already being explored several decades before Devilman so stop parroting this bullshit logic that all comics are aimed at children.

>Comics back then were for kids indeed
You really think stuff like Golgo 13 was for children?

I agree with you no need to get upset.

I was specifically talking about Devilman and Violence Jack. I'm not that guy saying dumb shit about the big 3. They were shounen series, but Nagai was aware of the older audience out there, which is why he made Devilman the way it was.

Yes immature shit like Golgo, Violence Jack, and Devilman are for children. Only kids think edgy violence and gore is mature. It is made to appeal to them.

Have you read golgo? Don't answer. We all know you're talking out of your ass

To be fair, Violence Jack got canned for being too extreme even for 70s standards and got a revamp years later on another magazine

>confusing the maturity of a series with its demographics

I didn't know you were this stupid.

If you realised, the other posters were saying that manga was already targeting other demographics before your retarded post about the big three. This is a factual statement, not their opinions.

Golgo was targeting an older audience because that's where the money was for this series. It has absolutely nothing to do with your opinion about what you consider a mature series to be.

Go back to ESL classes and work on your reading comprehension there.

Will it adapt the manga?

Yes.

Oh alright, Devilman and Violence Jack were both in Weekly Shounen Magazine so with that I agree obviously, although it'd be nice if you could whip out an interview or something with Nagai saying that. On that note, I really wish Gekiman was translated.

It was in the first chapter of Gekiman which was translated if I remember. It was a collab project between Dynamic Pro Scanlations and Bite Me Scanlations but there were some drama, so only 1 chapter was released.

I wished I had it saved because I can't find it anymore.

>What do you mean by ESL? user.

You're a dumbass, that's what it means.

Golgo 13 was not for kids, because if it was, it wouldn't be in a seinen magazine.

Rating boards aren't there to judge what you consider mature. They judge the content on their own objective merits, and anything with sex will earn you a mature rating.

You know why? It's not because it's so cool and mature to have sex, it's because anything under 18 in the US is considered underage sex and therefore illegal.

Get it? You still probably don't.

>Bite Me
>drama
Why am I not surprised? Bummer either way. I have Psychic World of Go Nagai which has a lot of interviews and short comics focused on Nagai I'd love to see translated. I hope the anime sparks new interest in Nagai's massive body of work and content related to it.

So Netflix is paying?
Should have good budget then.

So are you saying Devil men May Cry?

I personally hope for a Donte cameo

Oh sure it will, but after Devilman (if the anime is faithful), I'll be so satisfied that I might stop consuming manga and anime altogether.

A proper Devilman manga adaptation is all I ever asked for from this industry, and my wish will be granted in a year.

Careful with those expectations. It's still a whole full year until we get to see it so don't overhype yourself.

If it's even 3/4 as good as Ping Pong, I'll be over the moon.

The Berserk movies were an adaptation also, so that's not very reassuring.

Berserk was 3D. That's why. 2d flash tweeting is still better.

Tweening

Before you post try looking at the context of what you're replying to. Okouchi is a writer, not an animator.