What happened?

Why was she such a slut in Kizu 1 and 2? Is she really that desperate for the Ararararagi dick?

Doesn't this feel out of place for anyone else, it's a pretty big change from the rest of the series.
Is Nisio a hack?

>suppress true nature
>this manifests itself as supernatural monsters
>have multiple character development arcs about this
>degenerate fanbase doesn't get it because they think that it's just a harem comedy with shonen battles against monsters that don't symbolize anything
What a surprise!

Were you half asleep during the entire series?

Because Hanekawa's whole internal issue was her facade of a "perfect" girl.

sluts are hot

>Suppress true nature
Assuming you mean that her true nature is like that, I can see where you're coming from.
Though I didn't really think that what she was suppressing and what the arcs were about were related to that very much. The connection really came there for me, I dunno.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't, though maybe.

I get that, but what was shown and developed through the series weren't really related to that. I remember her trying to act like a nice person for the sake of it, because it was expected and just because it's what should be done.

I hate to break it to you but she has a conversation with a giant tiger that is very explicit about all of this.

Since you have a hard time recognizing subtext I'd like to point out that Nadeko has a crush on Araragi.

Basically, while I see that it can fall underneath her entire issue of wanting to be as perfect as possible, it doesn't sit with me right.
The issues she had with it were covered pretty in depth in the series, and there was something to show for all of the other issues. While she loved Araragi, Kizu felt like it broke the character on a whole different level.
I guess it's just hard to accept that her acting like a slut falls under "She wanted to be perfect" as I didn't really feel like it was covered at all in comparison, I dunno.
Maybe I'm just being a retard.

She does? I rewatched Second Season recently and didn't recall that at all. Do you know what episode that's on?
Pls no bully. I guess this just went by me, somehow.

>developed through the series weren't really related to that
It was though. She created a perfect facade but completely unsustainable since she was human behind it. Tsubasa family, the first chronologically story after kizu breaks part of it because it was when her stress was overflowing, and Tsubasa tiger her jealousy (I really don't remember what happened in Tsubasa cat anymore).

She suppresses her sluttiness (maybe because she didn't want to have the reputation of being a slut) and in doing so ends up creating her alter ego, Kuro Hanekawa, who behaves really flirty just like Hanekawa during Kizu.

>She does? I rewatched Second Season recently and didn't recall that at all. Do you know what episode that's on?

That's like, the whole thing with Nadeko?!?

You probably think Kaiki is a "bad guy" too.

>Nadeko
I meant about the conversation with the tiger that's explicit with all of that.
Pls user. I might be retarded but I'm not a complete vegetable.

Oh, that makes some sense actually.
I still feel like Kizu Hanekawa is miles above Black Hanekawa for lewd, though.
I mean, I'm getting that Hanekawa is the most perverse out of the entire cast of characters.
Meanwhile, Hanekawa in the rest of the series is one of the least lewd, even after her arcs.

Kuro Hanekawa does run around in public wearing nothing but underwear and "drains" random people at night like some sort of succubus. She's metaphorically slutty.

That makes a lot of sense, yeah.
Is there anything more that indicates to her being slutty in the rest of the series? I can't remember anything about the talk with the tiger that the other user mentioned.

I guess a part of me isn't too happy with her being that slutty. Not that I'm a purity fag or anything.
Hanekawa always came off as reserved yet still sort of flirty, Black Hanekawa does run around in her underwear but it doesn't get much worse than that.

Kizu Hanekawa feels like she has surpassed Kanbaru and became the ultimate slut, so it doesn't even match up with the rest in my eyes.

Sorry if I'm being an ass. I'm a fan of the series and I want to make sure I understand this as well as possible, so forgive me if I'm blabbering on like an idiot.

>tfw monogatari actually IS too deep for retards like OP

just look at the pretty slideshow user

It's one thing, user, chill. I think so, at least.
No bully.

>Is there anything more that indicates to her being slutty in the rest of the series?

Where she and Hitagi start petting each other's pussies.

She sleeps with and takes a shower with Senjougahara

There's nothing wrong with two girls bonding with a shower, and then sleeping in the comfort of each other.

Well of course not

But it's still kinda sexy

Shush, user. I'm not here to discuss lewd.
I'm here to understand Cat and her "sudden" slut-mode.

Her stepfather slapped the slutiness out of her after Kizu.

Another question.
If I'm not mistaken, by the end of her arcs Cat accepts her oddities and thus her true nature, accepting that she's like that and that she is not perfect. That she has negative feelings and thoughts.
Then shouldn't she be more flirtatious and suggestive towards Araragi after that point, if she was really suppressing that much of her lewd nature?
She seemed to be quite the same afterwards when it came to that.
I understand that she might have held back more due to respect for Hitagi, but I'm not too sure if it would make her act nearly the same.

Not really. She was basically denying her true feelings. Now she just accepts them and is still normal because she knows he's with Senjougahara.

tl;dr she's matured and maybe went slutty on her 'round-the-world trip' to let off steam

Fair enough. Thanks user.
It feels somewhat underwhelming, I felt like I was missing something quite big. I can see it now, though.

Bleh. For some reason, it kind of affected how I rate and view Hanekawa. Kizu was a pretty was a pretty negative shock, as silly as it might be now.

Oh well. Thanks for putting up with me in the meantime.

She will eventually leave her pasts behind as depicted in Mitome Wolf. She even break ties with Ragi at the end in order to 'delete' her past.

>Meanwhile, Hanekawa in the rest of the series is one of the least lewd, even after her arcs.
Out of all the characters outside of Koyomi who get arcs from their own PoV, hers is the only other one with fanservice in it though. Towards a character she claims to love too as well, it's not a completely coincidental thing (for an opposite example see how Koyomi completely shuts off the fanservice lenses when it comes to Sodachi)

I'm not new to the whole "It's how Araragi views them, fanservice is related to that" lens, but I'm not too sure I understand what you're saying. Sorry.

Because this was before she decided he needed a Mom. She's just a smart and lovestruck teenage girl in Kizu.

There's typically a lot of fanservice everywhere, but a lot less when the PoV happens to shift to someone else. Not really a fanservice-specific thing, it's more about the general theme of characters (Koyomi included) coming off differently depending on how (and through whose eyes) they're being looked at in the story.

I remember she being a slut in kizu's LN too, so is no like its Shaft fault

>be a severely dysfunctional abused teen who suppresses all negative emotions and considers the act of "being alive" to be the same as "enjoying life" because you have such a skewed perception of what it means to actually be happy and don't understand or want to face your own misery
>the aloof cool guy (who is cute and has great abs) from your class drags you into a world of magic, mystery, and violence while revealing his soft, compassionate side and also being quite forward with you
>convince yourself he's "the one" who'll drag you out of your everyday existence into a new life (which you barely admit you desire to even yourself)
>situations keep ending up sexually charged and you REALLY want him to save/fuck you even if you can't admit it to anybody (including yourself) so you keep escalating things hoping he'll take the lead

It's not that complicated

It was not this heavy in the LN. It's just plain and blatant Fanservice. These movies deserve to flop so hard.

One of these two is lying.

The LN had more. There was a whole page dedicated to detailing what her panties looked like.

Plot required it

They're both sorta right.

She's not really being slutty so much as she is trying to seduce him in both versions, but the films are definitely trying to titilate the viewer more than the LNs were trying to titilate the reader. Sure, the LNs describe the same sexually charged situations and events but the constant internal monologuing and general presentation clearly show its not meant primarily to be fap fuel.

Nise had the same issue to a lesser degree.

It's more the movies fault, in the Kizu book she wasn't nearly as overt with her actions.

But that's only due to Araragi overthinking about them, in the movies Hanekawas direct actions are way more active.