Teenage edge and cringe: the show

Teenage edge and cringe: the show

That's not Elfen Lied.

Not even edgy, just painfully generic.

Pic related would fit your thread better.

Why do people call this show edgy? I don't get it.

Oh hush, we know you liked every bit of it.

I remember people saying KLK would be forgotten and never talked about weeks after it ended, yet here we are.

it's because they think anything that doesn't have the tone of MLP is edgy.

like really, ryuko uses "the power of friendship" more often than not throughout the show, even though her friends are literally retarded. she acts girly and embarassed when she's nude, and is practically in love with her uniform. that's not edgy at all.

now THAT show was edgy. and bad. mostly bad.

IBO S2 is the edgiest show I've seen, the way it destroys everything the characters fought for, kills the characters you like, and gives plot shields to characters you hate. They try so hard to piss viewers off it's sad.

Contrarian Edge and Cringe: The OP

>OP doesnt get the satire vibe of KLK

This. And her "edgy" behaviour (being often angry, brutal, and quick to yell at people) is more akin to a teen delinquent's. Which is reflected in how she's dressed.

There was (is?) this teenage delinquent movement in Japan in the 80s-90s, wearing modded school uniforms, mugging beta kids, smoking and drinking around, not unlike Eastern European gopniks. And Ryuko is an overt reference to this movement.

But Ryuko isn't smoking nor drinking alcohol.
The only reason people call her edgy is because her red hair stripe.

If you wanted a KLK thread you should have said so

I wanted to watch it because it looks fun but after hearing here TTGL is better (and I didn't think it was masterpiece, just a good show), I'm not sure anymore.

Your loss.

Ryuuko a cute

>using edgy and cringe unironically

Things can only be considered edgy if people don't like them

People like KLK so it's not edgy according to them
Even though it is

The worst part is it's still fucking boring

Do you think Ryuko had a funeral of sorts for Senketsu?