>tfw canon

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_(fiction)
kanzenshuu.com/2016/05/09/future-trunks-arc-announced-dragon-ball-super/
animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2016-10-26/dragon-ball-super-toyotarou/.107579
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Leave Zamasu to me!

Neat
I mean if he achieved SSB it would make sense he can go SSG too.

So whats the excuse for not having trunks do the ritual when he was in the past timeline?

Will Jobhan become a super sand god too?

Did vegeta do the ritual or did he acquire this by himself?

Why did he job to hit when he can go ssg in the first place?

Soon

because he didn't thought about it, he didn't warm up and he didn't knew anything about hit
fucking use your heads you fucking bunch of retards

"in the manga"

Perhaps he learned to internalize his God Ki control to the point he went from Blue to Red?
It could have been his technique he worked on in the RoSaT

I would like to see Gohan go Super Saiyan God. Need to bring that form back.

>because he didn't thought about it, he didn't warm up and he didn't knew anything about hit
>fucking use your heads you fucking bunch of retards
>Shit writing
>MAKE UP A HEADCANON THAT MAKES SENSE
ok

>Perhaps he learned to internalize his God Ki control to the point he went from Blue to Red
No... You don't go from blue to red.

Shit made no sense and vegeta knew about the ssblue drawback stop making excuses for this kindergarten tier writing

He just mastered it in his latest training retards.

>canon
Where?

You'd think they would do it given there's a universe threatening tournament coming up but you know they won't.

The ritual is the dumbest shit since it implies literally any Saiyan in U7 can level up to god mode so why haven't they?

>source my ass

>No... You don't go from blue to red.
Who knows, perhaps he learned how to consolidate his innate God Ki to that frequency.
He did participate in the ritual, perhaps that's enough to tap into the same frequency?

The Saiyan prince has his rematch!

>tfw to smart too win

will punch the dense retards who points out the purposeful mistake

Stop being a moron. Last chapter ends with him finishing training and being confident
Suddenly, he now has SSG!

Doesn't take a genius. All it takes is common sense.

>The ritual is the dumbest shit since it implies literally any Saiyan in U7 can level up to god mode so why haven't they?
Toryiama said in an interview goku is a genuis so he managed to make the power of the ritual its own. So even if the ritual works on the others its not certain that they can keep it.
For shorts it the goku and vegeta show

>mango
>canon

lel

>Stop being a moron.
>Doesn't take a genius. All it takes is common sense.
>implying he obtained blue before red
Fuck right off you shithead

>this much headcanon
Why?

jfc, why do I even bother with you dipshits. Fine, enjoy looking like a dumbass when it's revealed I'm right when the leaks arrive.

because it's fun to speculate.

Fucking Toriyama man, he always seems to clarify how things work in god damn interviews instead of in the actual content he creates. I know he just makes shit up as he goes along but a little bit of planning ahead wouldn't kill him I'm sure.

>because it's fun to speculate.
No this always leads to braindead headcanons which is a major problem in this fanbase.

fuck ya bugah boy

go watch garge luukass star wars with all the planning if you want or go try suppaheroes movies with all nerd planning schedule

so this leads us to God being stronger than Blue, right? i don't understand why they would even use Blue in this case. maybe if it was stronger but hurt you like a kaioken but it seems to be null in void.

>tfw its all just for games and toy sales but you just want an explanation

Shitposting as usual, I see.

>No this always leads to braindead headcanons
What more do you expect until there's further leaks? The posts I made clearly stated "perhaps" at the beginning of each post, no one is forced to believe anything.

How would Vegeta obtain SSB without first attaining SSG at some point? Or have I been mistaken in thinking that SSB is just using SSJ while in God form? I'm so fucking confused.

>so this leads us to God being stronger than Blue, right?
No. Its just energy wise red doesnt drain as much power as blue.
Blue>red power
Red>blue effectiveness

>Red>blue efficiency
fix'd

It's not confusing at all. He has Blue, so he has God.

Raws fucking where

My problem as well.

Then why not just always go red?

>Then why not just always go red?
Because blue is stronger

Why ever go SSJ3?

You've got me

I thought the whole point of Red was that it was a fake thing that just becomes your base form.
Then Blue was just God Ki + SSJ

Now apparently Goku is a dopey mortal who can then become a super mortal who can become a god who can become a super god

and Vegeta is a mortal who can become a super god

tfw still waiting for a based user for full raws

So, as I thought, God > Super Saiyan. But Blue is God + Super Saiyan. This makes it a point of why would they bother going Red God?

In denial as usual as expected
There are two continuities

You wouldn't.
SSJ3 has always just been a trap option that Goku found because his dead dick was free to stretch in ways it couldn't irl

it is never used to any effect ever

>This makes it a point of why would they bother going Red God?
Perhaps what you lack in raw power output like SSB, SSG has good stamina efficiency and maybe even some regenerative properties?

>This makes it a point of why would they bother going Red God?
Because blue has a drawback. Do you even read the manga?

What's even the point if SSB is stronger?

What is even the point turning ssg when blue is better?

Because toyble is a hack.

>I'm going to bitch and moan about how the chapter sucks despite only seeing 2 pages of it

I hate this fanbase. You fuckers do this every month.

Idiots fucking everywhere.

Blue is stronger than red. Period.

In the manga, Goku goes from SSJ, to Red, to Blue, while fighting hit.

In the anime, Red is called "Super Saiyan God", but it's basically base form with God Ki, which is perfect ki control.

It was specifically stated in the anime that SS Blue is A Super Saiyan God, that has become a Super Saiyan. Therefore, it is Super Saiyan with God Ki (perfect Ki control).

Red doesn't have any healing properties in the manga or the movie, only in the episodes.
Maybe it's something they wanted to add in or something they needed to spike drama.

All we know for certainly sure, until they do it again or fucking talk about it, is that Red is just a casual base form power up that doesn't require any stamina, power drop, or whatever the fuck is holding all the Z warriors back constantly.

Meanwhile going Blue is all pluses til you drop out of it and suddenly your power level is cut to 1/10th or something

tl;dr because stronk w/o penalties

With all this form bullshit constantly I really miss Frieza

But what is the drawback? I read it and it's kind of vague. They don't appear to be under the same strain as Kaioken. Or even much of a strain at all.

Why is SSG stronger than SSB when SSB is the super saiyan form of SSG?

Wait is that not the explanation anymore?

Ther isn't any.
If the opponent is strong enough you can fight him as a SSJG there is no reason to not use SSB and finish him right off the bat.

>I read it and it's kind of vague.
No its not its pretty clear re read chapter 13

Because you can't read

HOL UP
you be sayin
SSG3 is posible
YOU
BE
SAYIN
SSG3KK IS POSSIBLE?

Sure why not. I don't see why we wouldn't see a SSB2 or 3 at some point if Toriyama runs out of ideas.

to be fair in the anime they just become retarded and don't explain shit

>Red form seems to give infinite ki to draw on, regeneration and space breathing(lol jk saiyans could always breathe in space)
>oops looks like you're still as strong as red even though it turned off!
>go train in this dimension where you keep all your ki jizz inside you
>now we blue!

>no noticeable feats or comparative opponents to show whether red or blue is stronger
>just assume blue is better because new form and no red shown ever again
>not sure, in the anime, if Blue is just some bandaid god form and Red is when they're really divine dudes or not

>manga clears it up slightly, but only slightly

IF Goku and Vegeta can figure out how to maintain perfect Ki control, in any SS form beyond SSJ1, then yes. That is my hypothesis.

SSG is weaker than SSB, in the manga is hard to tap into SSB that's why Goku uses the SSG instead.

It's not vague, contrived as fuck maybe but using it in quick sucession results in a 90% drop in power.

It's dumb because by this logic using the form for 10 minutes without breaks has less drain than powering down and up in the same second.

nofunallowed.jpg

I'd say that the previous user should've used "discuss" over speculate, but I understand your sentiments; discussion based on the facts on the lore is a good thing. A string discussion linking a fact to a theory that links to another theory, etc, isn't.

Reminder:
DB manga is canon until EoZ. The anime is not.
DBS's basic plot outline is created by Toriyama. Toei executives revise the draft of the anime based on such. It goes back to Toriyama, and he can tell them what works and what doesn't. Toriyama has the final say in all decisions.
Therefore, the DBS anime is considered "the most" canon, or the "hard" canon because it is the closest creation to the creator's mindset.
The DBS manga is a retelling of the same basic events by Toyotaro, and in the event of contingencies and contrasts, the anime canon overrides the manga canon.
All things that're not brought up in the anime but're present in the manga could be considered "soft" canon until Toriyama is asked outright about it.
Dragon Ball Online's history is considered "hard" canon since Toriyama had direct involvement in the story's development, therefore, confirms that Dragon Ball GT is not canon.
Super Saiyan 4 is respected by Toriyama.

>keep all your ki jizz inside you
surprisingly accurate.

Too many illiterate here
>Anime version
Ssg is absorbed into base
No need to turn into it
>Manga version
Ssg is a transformation

My headcanon is that when they said that Goku's body absorbed the feeling of being a God and increased in strength, essentially what that meant was when Goku was SSG, he could feel what it was like to have perfect Ki control.

When Super Saiyan God wore off, he retained that feeling of God Ki, though he had not perfected it, however having known what it was like, he was able to improve his Ki control as a regular Super Saiyan, to the point that it still gave him a significant power boost.

Only after he finally mastered Ki control, was he able to go SS Blue.

>Therefore, the DBS anime is considered "the most" canon, or the "hard" canon because it is the closest creation to the creator's mindset.
wrong.

what is OP from

You are right about 4 a lot ^. Drawn as a sketch by toriyama himself.

You want to discuss stuff but you think the anime is canon?
>Opinion discarded

Why not SSB4KK? It's already past the point of no return in the deviant art cesspool.

>Dragon Ball Online's history is considered "hard" canon
Videogames will never be considered hard canon until it actually shows up in the anime or manga's continuity. It is not part of the same publication therefore bares no weight.

It does seem that God ki is almost its own technique, and producing and managing it is some other shit entirely.

I think we might see that Blue is a trap/stop gap measure to match up with actual divine beings, and Goku or Vegeta will figure out some actual divinity in base form.

Nothing in your image or your post proves anything against my statement, but have your (You), buckaroo. Facts are facts.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_(fiction)

"In addition to his role as series creator, Akira Toriyama is also credited for the "original story & character design concepts" of the new anime directed by Kimitoshi Chioka".

"The anime is being adapted into a companion manga by Toriyama alongside artist Toyotarō, author behind the official Resurrection 'F' manga adaptation. It began serialization in the August 2015 issue of V Jump, which was released on June 20".

Anime is directly from Toriyama. Toyotaro adopts it. Anime is the #1 canon. Manga is the #2 canon. If the #2 contradicts the #1, then the #1 is canon and #2 is not.

>Toyotaro adopts it.
Wrong Toyotaro adapts the plot outlines ya dingus.

Reminder Goku gets beaten by superman and all his feats are non canon shit.

Anime isn't directly from Toriyama. If it was it would have been a lot better, the guys not completely senile

I don't think there was anything wrong with the idea of the super saiyan 4 form, perhaps if they called it Shin Super Saiyan, or True Super Saiyan it wouldn't have lead to so much SSJ5~9 nonsense

Anime:

kanzenshuu.com/2016/05/09/future-trunks-arc-announced-dragon-ball-super/

I write an outline of the entire plot, then the script writers break it up into episodes, expanding on things, changing things around, or adding in new bits as need be.
Even I haven’t checked the final script yet.

Let’s enjoy this together (laughs)!!

just woke up from a nap, so uh, what did I miss?

Zelda dropped to 97

animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2016-10-26/dragon-ball-super-toyotarou/.107579

It sounds like you have a pretty close working relationship with Akira Toriyama. He gives you the outline and you make changes. What is the most interesting thing about working with him?

[Every month, I'll create a storyboard for him to review, and then he'll give me input and suggest changes. When I'm working with Toriyama, there are many portions he gives me props for coming up with, but he is very particular about other things and always points them out for me to correct. And when he corrects me, I think “Wow, I guess I don't completely understand the way he looks at things,” so his corrections and feedback are incredibly accurate and helpful. It's a lot of fun to be able to get closer to his way of thinking]

Finally let's not forget that the manga was ahead of the anime dummy.

I never understood the Super cuckery

So you've got a guy who basically absorbs sunlight and gives him super powers, and the closer he is to the sun the stronger he is

Yet people brag about him surviving the Big Bang. Wouldn't he just be the strongest he's ever been in that circumstance? He's literally sitting in all of the stars all of the time

Everyone got laid with their waifu's, you missed out.

Given how poorly Zamasu and Black's character are being handled in the manga despite his supposed larger involvement I'd say he is a terrible writer.

Ok, so that means Manga is canon too, perhaps more so as he is directly involved with it as with the anime he only sends a skeleton script and allows Toei's writers to interpret it as they will (laughs)!!

Only DB and DBZ are canon. I watched the movie with Berus and thought: What a rubbish, Goku claims Berus isn't evil when he obviously is, also the story had the calibre of a bad fanfic. This is not DB anymore.

>poorly
I hope you don't find them handled good in the anime. This is just my assumption though, you're free to prove me wrong

none of that shit is canon, the only true timeline is "future" trunk's timeline where the z fighters are dead.

Even if they're written by the main author, considered by him to be "a new chapter in Dragon Ball", where he is the direct supervisor of the project?

If you wanted to use the argument of a different media/medium being used to expand the story, then you could say information revealed on "Pottermore" isn't the canon of the Harry Potter universe because it's a website and not a book. You could say "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" isn't canon because it's a play and not a book. (Sorry to use HP as an example, but it was the quickest, most relevant example that comes to mind).

I don't know, I've never really agreed with that argument completely because times and tastes change and it leaves no room for spiritual growth of a series. If you wanted to think of it as "soft" canon, then I'd be okay with that, but I think the facts at hand put it in the "hard" canon category.

"Hey all you Korean DragonBall fans, it’s been a long time. It’s me, Akira Toriyama.
This new DragonBall story that we're delivering to you this time begins in a world 250 years after the manga.
There, Earthlings, Saiyans, Namekians, Majins, and others all live together, but it seems that something is wrong.
What occurred in those 250 years, and what’s happening now? Please enjoy this new DragonBall world as you resolve this.
Everyone on the excellent staff really drew a lot of new characters and machines for me. Of course, I supervise them all. There are also a lot of designs in there that I drew myself.
When I actually got to see the pictures in motion, I was truly impressed by their high quality!
It’ll make me happy if you fully enjoy this new world of adventure, this time online"!

Akira Toriyama, 2011.

Yep, the manga gets actual oversight, redrawn panels and even his own speech bubbles whereas FujiTV and Toei's adaptation is a jumbled up cartoon show in comparison.

>liking one-note villains

I literally quoted a magazine that refers to an interview with the cast and AT that states otherwise. Here's your (You).