Is this the "smartest" shonen series of all time?

Is this the "smartest" shonen series of all time?

No, that would be Naruto. Almost all fights are very clever.

that only applies to early naruto

it eventually became about op ninja magic

Yes.

>main protagonist didn't fight main antagonist of the most anticlimatic, boring arc
>smartest shonen series of all time

It's one with the most irritanting fans, that always need validation from others about its favorite shonen is good.

You yu hakusho was better

CA arc was one of the most horrendous and enjoyable moments of the show.

We got cucked out of a good fight
Truly the thinking mans anime

Is there anyone in the Naruto universe, barring sauce or nardo, that could take down meruem? Or even the guards?

>wanting hxh to stick to shonen cliches
>calling CA arc anticlimactic

Back to rewatch BDZ and Naruto.

>asspull x asspull
>smart

Madara Uchiha

>2deep4u meme
>can't even spell one acronym correctly

no

I never implied it was deep because ot isn't. You thinking I implied that it's deep speaks of your huge inferiority complex because you probably have shit taste and critique everything you are too dumb to understand.

>telling someone to rewatch DBZ and Naturo isn't an direct implication that HxH is far too complex for them to understand
>nigga still can't write out a single post correctly

I meant that those two have the standard tropes you expect in a shonen, given the context of my post, not that they are for dumb people. Again, thinking I implied hxh was smart while dbz and nart are for stupid people (and thinking pointing out typos equals having a counter argument) puts your inferiority complex in evidence.

I hate this threads, I want more chapters.

>doesn't have Madara Uchiha
>smart
"no"

no FMA is

but HxH IS the Evangelion of shounen

Anything could be a asspull if it feels cheap enough: The post.

Yes

Look mom, I posted it again!

This.

Add in OH MUH RUBBER NEN to top it off.

if you mean "overrated" then yes

t. typical Huntard

What is this, another HxH cringe thread?

It really is. The entire point of that arc went over your head even though there was a montage about it.

And your complaint is that there wasn't enough punching.

Seriously, who is the fucker that keeps making a new thread every day? There's literally nothing to discuss until we get the next chapter which might take about another year at best. Let us rest.

Could hisoka and Chrollo have taken down meruem?

They'd get shat on by the Royal Guard like pretty much everyone that's not Adult Gon or Netero.

Don't even like shounen but this is probably my all time favourite moment in all of anime. When the antagonist is actually right and the protag has no answer. And then the scene with hinata and the shock on his face when she got stabbed.

too bad it went to shit right after this arc. worst part is Naruto and Sasuke basically cemented the ideals of all the villains. there were no more wars because there were 2 individuals blessed by gods protecting the world and everyone was scared to act up. Peace by fear

Unironically yes, but still not the best.

Threads like this always bring out the knuckle-dragging morons with the attention span and reading comprehension of a 9 year old.

Just stop already. And OT, don't know or care. Whichever answer, it's still better than most shonen in any case.

Fight Scenes - average
Powers and abilities- above average
Story - below average
World building - below average
Character development - below average
Character interaction - below average
Antagonist - above average

Why must you do this?

There are multiple threads for content that you may like or enjoy, and at any given time maybe 1 hunter thread up. It's a good series, and is surprisingly accepted is so.

Don't just try and have a whinge about content you dislike. Protip, refusing to like something because of its genre is the most plebeian move of them all

This is speaking from experiencing previous threads of this nature devolve into shit because either trolls, bait artists, or actual idiots come out of the shadows to suck the joy out of having an actual discussion. Every time.

What's the difference between a troll and bait artist

>Story - below average
>World building - below average
>Character development - below average
>Character interaction - below average

probably
meruem almost died to a nuke
naruto got retarded with the powerlevels after I stopped reading

Pain can nuke him. Itachi can burn him. Guy can likely pummel him. Kakashi can look at him and tear him apart with portals.

Also Itachi can seal anyone and defend almost any attack.

Various poison users could poison him.

I think they are pretty much next level trolls.

I'm sure people remember the guy arguing why they they should have used the nuke at beginning of the arc or something to that nature.

He was right. Nuke would have saved countless lives and wouldn't have lost as much military power.

Lost so many powerful hunters when they could have just nuked them.

netero wanted to fight him though

What the fuck did OP mean by this? Shounen isn't a fucking genre, and HxH isn't even the "smartest" battle shounen.

Obito and the kamui may just be my favourite shonen power tbqhwy

Despite the political fuckstorm that arises from nuking the palace out of nowhere. Or being able to guarantee the ants would all be in the same area.

Nah. Most of it is pretty shit.

I'd say Yu Yu Hakusha was smarter than HxH.

HISOKA BTFO

HxH is written for 9 year olds.

>can't handle the truth

Isn't the point of the CA arc to show the humanity that mermum(the monster) gained and gon( the innocent shonen kid) going through denial about a friend's death. losing His innocence and eventually briefly turning into a monster vent on revenge

2011fags need to pay attention.
>Even when the adaption explains things to the audience like a retard handler, faggots like these two still call it an asspull

JJBA is smarter.

At thr cost of how many powerful hunters and how many millions of lives?

Just say they had hidden weapons of mass destruction. Works every time.

Parts 1-6 aren't as smart but 7&8 are kinda equal

>At thr cost of how many powerful hunters and how many millions of lives?
only netero himself died basically out of the hunters

and netero was very selfish
he put a sociopath as his VP just because it would be fun

In the HxH world, that IS fun. Death is so common and widespread (Consider the hunter license as an official license to kill), a sociopath who dicks around is literally the least of the anyone's worries.

Where did it come from?
How did they obtain a WMD banned in several countries?
Why would they keep a nuke in close proximity without proper care and handling?
Who set it off and why?

Bring in the conspiracy theorists and there's your fuckstorm.

That sociopath is the reason they had to bring in Gon and Killua in the first place.

Who are hunters, one being an assassin.

One Piece story as a whole is way smater than this show.

> Hey guys, how about a whole chapter to explain how works a magic pot?

Literally as boring as a notice. And all that for nothing because in the end it's still filled with ass pull.

It's good show but overrated. Also, what's even the story anymore? Manga should've ended with Gon meeting his dad. It's just fanservice now.

and finally the OPfags arrived
don't you have enough with your shitty SaNami threads

>how works a magic pot?
Stop making One Piece fans look bad, faggot. Back to your general.

That's why it wasn't completely strange.

But at the time, they were relatively much less qualified for the job.

>Stop making One Piece fans look worse.
Not to far off from the truth

OPfags are much worst because they think their gag comedy is actually not overrated

How would Chrollo react to being in the presence of a pissed Meruem? It is said earlier in the story that Chrollo stands psychologically with one foot in the grave, having no regard for his life and does not fear death, but has he ever encountered anything close to the king?

at this point we might as well be worst at least OP threads have actual discussion.
We need to get back to speculating and asking the hard hitting questions like, would you suck one of pic related's tits?

The portal guy got ruined and Gon also lost his nen and potentially his life.

>someone at wsj accepted this

>someone at wsj fucks with titty monsters

>someone at wsj with taste

Honestly what shonen has the best underdog moments?

talking Lee vs Gaara kind of underdog moments except the underdog actually gets to shine.

My Hero Academia is basically everything I could ask for in a shonen.

>Powers and abilities- above average
>Story - below average
>World building - below average

Except the MC literally has the most powerful quirk in existence

It's more about the hard work he has to put in to master it, and the fact that so many expect him to fail.

I was so happy when Perfect Cell/Freezer didn't get fought.

I was worried it'd go full DBZ, and it blew my mind. It's much better than typical action shounen.

newfags can't handle the truth that meruem is actually one of the best "villains" of battle shonen history

don't ya feel that sports shonen handle character progression the best

I was actually pissed when I started to sympathize with the Ants, because I wanted them dead after they ate Kurt and Reina.

Meruem eats a little girl's brain, and I still ended up loving him

Oh my rubber nen

In my eyes yes.
>Calling CA boring, wanting Gon to actually Fight the King
Top baka
>Fight scenes - Average
Very well above Average
>Powers and abilities- Above average
No they are honestly below average and that makes the cool fights they pull off with them even more impressive
>Story - below average
Kys
>World build - Below average
Kys again
I'm now imploring you to kill yourself
I am putting a death curse on you family.

>My Hero Academia is basically everything I could ask for in a shonen.
They wrap up plots to quickly and neatly for my liking. Just as things start to get good and I feel there's going to be a good break through with one of the main characters they fix the problem so fast. Luckily now we have a big messy evil villain group the writer can't just hand wave away.

no, it's actually just as dumb as every other shonen

But thr powers and abilities are above average.

Maybe not power level wise since no one could even destroy a country and let alone a single city.

But creativeness wise it's almost on par with Stands.

>Main characters powers are literally throw generic spirit ball, Punch good, or make a sword
The powers being boring actually works in the series favor though. The base rules are so simple when they do stuff awesome with it its so much better.

is this going to be a thing now ?

it's less risky and way more credible to lose in a sport shonen than in a battle shonen.
villains in WSJ are always EVIL and when writers try to "develop" them that never works because they tend to give them idiotic reasons and/or backstories

This, I like HxH a lot, because it feels like the Hunters are just above average people, and not gods.

I also really like how Gon feels like a character in a bigger world rather than the most central figure on the planet, even though he is a very powerful Nen user

>tfw to smart to release chapters on time

>My Hero Academia is basically everything I could ask for in a shonen.
would have been better without the crybaby shit MC

>shounen
>smart

Dude...

it's more about what the goals of the MCs are and what does that implies. this little brush hair fucker just wanted to find his father. that other white haired brat just wanted to find a friend.
those are fair realistic and simple goals because after all they're just kids. and kids loves adventures
the other prominent characters have all their different goals which sometimes overlap with gon adventures and make their interactions impossible like in the chimera ant arc (no leorio, kurapika or hisoka. genei ryodan just playing around with some ants)

Goals - far below average

jesus christ, the art is so bad, how can anyone could unironically enjoy watching this panels.

why the fuck did togashi became a mangaka? he could have become a succesfull writer, maybe even a best seller, what a stupid man.

Just started watching this, 25 eps in. Does this get better? Just seems like a less suspenseful and less funny version of dragonball so far.

>implying Sup Forums read shit for the art and not for the PLOT