Have arguably one of the most talented team of animators in the industry

>have arguably one of the most talented team of animators in the industry
>waste their talent on adapting fuckawful LNs with shit-tier writing
>when they do adapt good material they fuck it up by condensing it into a movie that truncates the story and fucks up the pacing
What did KyoAni mean by this?

>implying they fuck up when they adapt something
List one of their adaptation that is worse than the original material, except KnK.

Why even bother debating on whether the adaptations are worse than the original when most of the original material they adapt is dogshit anyway?

What do you suggest they animated, user-kun?

K-On S3

I dunno. People called it the pinnacle if purple prose and compared it to Charles Dickens and Oscar Wilde. Can they be wrong?

>>waste their talent on adapting fuckawful LNs with shit-tier writing

That's the same case with pretty much every Japanese animation company, though, in case you didn't notice. Ambitious, original projects aren't exactly the guiding force of the anime market. Almost every anime you'll see is a safe product, geared towards the inflexible and predictable set of fans that consume this particular media. These mindless LN adaptations are what is easy to produce and sell, so you're just gonna have to deal with it.

Anything that's not an LN.

>i take tumblr translations at face value and judge the writing of the original from that
You only have yourself to blame for being so stupid.

>LNs are good in the original Japanese!
Said no one ever.

>waste their talent on adapting fuckawful LNs with shit-tier writing
>waste their talent on adapting fuckawful LNs with shit-tier writing that they publish themselves

That's why

Skilled*

It's easier to make garbage look decent than making an adaption be as good as a good material

I think EEEEEEEEEEEEEEH can only be translated to EEEEEEEEEEEEH but be my guest and suggest something better.

You'd think that with KyoAni's popularity that they would actually adapt good material.

>That's the same case with pretty much every Japanese animation company, though, in case you didn't notice.
Yes, but LN adaptations are literally 90% of the shows that KyoAni works on. The other 10% are manga.

>LN adaptations are literally 90% of the shows that KyoAni works on.
40%, actually.

Lucky Star S2

KyoAnuslickers going full damage control I see.

Stop pulling numbers out of your ass. Put a dick in there instead, maybe you will feel St least some satisfaction in your life.

>Koe no Katachi
>good material
>truncating it fucks up the pacing
Did we read the same manga? The one that dragged on for half its length with nothing happening before skipping to a non-ending out of nowhere?

>this meme again
Literally check any anime database website right now, and count the LN tags in any given season. Usually in a season of about 50 new shows, 5 of them tops are LN adaptations. Manga adaptations still make up the vast majority of anime, as they always have, and originals are more common than ever before, and far FAR more common than LN adaptations.

animating materials of other yield them little.

That is some autism right there. How long are you going to keep this going?

They meant that by adapting in house writing, they can make a profit off it regardless.
Without having to share profits with larger producers i.e. Kadokawa or Ponycanyon

It's not really arguable anymore at this point. They are in fact the best animators in the industry.

The Lord of the Rings. They're the only anime studio capable of such a feat, after all.

So THAT'S why the LNs they adapt are so fucking awful.

Anything, as long as it's not one of their shitty kyoani LN.

Well, yeah? I thought eveyone already knew this.
It's why KnK, Chuu2koi, Phantom World, Tamako are all their worst productions in terms of story/writing.

Like they're doing this season?

The post is still applicable to manga, so it doesn't matter. Just change one word, and it fits.

They're not Ghibli.

Wasnt 2010 their most profitable year?

Tamako is an original and has some of their best character writing.

>I judge works by the label they are published under
Said every retard ever.

I don't agree with the post anyway, but regardless, this meme of "all modern anime are LN adaptations", despite LNs being literally the least common source material for anime, needs to die.

I'm 1090% certain KnK was better than the LN.

There's not enough material to make that into a 13 episode show.

You're kidding right? KnK is a seven volume manga with 62 chapters. That's enough material for a 2 cour series with 20+ episodes.

Having read the manga, 20+ episodes for Koe no Katachi would be ridiculous and drawn out beyond belief.

Fine, then a one cour show.

That the studio has been shit since they finished k-on.

We're talking about kyoani here, not ghibli