NO

RED

EYES

>inb4 no eyes

HS just uploaded 480p

720p any minute now

[HorribleSubs] Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu S2 - 11 [720p].mkv

I don't want this ride to end.

This season is not as good as the first season was with the whole flashback imo...

I loved it, the fire episode was even better than any episode of the flashback.

shota kiku returns

Wait, did it air an hour earlier this week or am I just slow in the head?

I don't think many people share this opinion, with Yota, Smug Konatsu, Shin-chan and a finally happy Kiku.

Yotaro is a goddamn miracle of the universe. Almost as much as Konatsu doing rakugo.

this ep has every kiku

His grandson sure inherited the right manslut genes

Oh shit I need to get my tissues out to cry like a little bitch

I had almost forgotten how beautiful he was when he was young. Not that he's not beautiful now.

This is what I wait for every week with baited breath.

It was the same with the first season and I don't want it to stop.

I can't unhear Bon (Ishida Akira) in anything else he voices, except maybe, very slightly, with Zura because that's where I originally recognize him from as I didn't realize he voiced Gaara until I got bored and binged Shippuden a few weeks ago.

I don't recognize Bon as having hints of Zura, but I can't help but hear bits of Bon in Zura's voice, as stupid as that sounds.

d'aww

Kouichi Yamadera knocked it out of the fucking park today.

His sukeroku voice acting is just incredibly.

WHY COULDN'T WE PROTECT THIS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

>Mother and son

I'm not crying I swear.

Daylight saving

;_;

>post yfw kiku is probably never going to be shown in the series, and whatever lies beyond the river is probably never going to be shown

Whats the point? He's passing to the afterlife, what more do you want to see?

Literally just if the afterlife is nonexistence mixed with bliss like Buddhism basically implies or if it's tangible like the pre-afterlife and if Kiku is living on in some aspect or if he's just kind of transcended

I was not ready to that.

What kind of backwards ass afterlife does japan have where you need money to not get stuck in purgatory forever?

Matsuda-san is a supernatural being CONFIRMED.

It's not like they're using their money from life. They get a stipend in death, or something, based on how they lived and died.

Is he the shinigami?

I was all sentimental and teary-eyed until that point in the manga. Kiku's face was priceless.

What was shown is actually purgatory and Kiku is now with Jesus.

How can this anime be so fucking good? Like honestly, so freaking good

Pure kino

>christfags on a shouwa thread

It was explicitly stated multiple times that this is the Buddhist afterlife, not the fucking Christian one. Fuck off with your tumblr headcanons.

What's the matter? Can't take a joke?

>you can't enjoy Showa if you're Christian
wew lad

>That fucking transition into manga panels

Everything about this anime is incredible. How does deen keep doing it?

I expected a sad as fuck episode but that was consistently heartwarming, I was so happy to see Sukeroku and young Bon again.

The saddest part is that next episode is all we'll get to see of grown up Shin.

It's nice hearing him more than once a week.

DEEN majiks.

To be fair, I actually know a christfag who kept being a cunt about how sukeroku is in hell and shit even though it's all buddhist so it wasn't far off for me to see something similar here

So he's really dead.
Fuck ;_;

I'm more 'fuck ;_;' at Matsuda's death. We knew Kiku was gonna die, Matsuda was supposed to live forever.

I CAN'T STOP CRYING!

DEEEEN

Matsuda aint dead dude. He just got to say goodbye to kiku because the death god likes him or something.

Yeah that'e even worse because it came out of nowhere.
Man, nobody is getting an happy ending in this series.

I thought it was implying he got to die conveniently at the same time because Buddha was being a bro. I did find it ambiguous though so I'm not convinced either way.

>nobody is getting an happy ending in this series
This ep was literally THERES YOUR HAPPY ENDING, 25 MINUTES OF IT

He probably found out about Kiku's death and died of sadness.

Yeah I understood it like that too. The other possibility being that Matsuda is the Buddah himself so he can warp from one world to the other as he pleases.

This part took everything for me. Literally the best. I can't describe it how beautiful that was. A two seasons journey. Best relationship above Bon and Shin. All my tears for DEEN

Episode 12 preview
Shinnosuke CV: Ono Yuuki
moca-news.net/article/20170318/2017031803300a_/01/

This scene was beautiful

First thread for this I've been in all season.
Just wanted to say I forgot how godly Miyokichi's voice is. It's toooooo good.

Am I the only one who wanted to see Yota seated in the theater instead of Shinnosuke :'(?

>DEEN saved anime

Everyone dies user.

Exactly. Kiku had a perfectly happy and content death.

Him interacting with Sukeroku and Miyokichi was great and gave some much needed closure to the relationship between the three.

They're all happy.

>:'(
Fuck off

The seat was for who you wanted to see your rakugo, Yota already got to see enough of Kiku's. I wanted to see him there too but I can understand if Kiku prioritized a kid who didn't get as many chances.

Well, I lack of sad pictures to comment.

You should really watch the episode before posting

Matusda literally says he dozed off taking care of him on his sickbed

Any information who's gonna be Yota's daughter voice?

No VA or new previews for Yotaro's daughter. Ono will have to do rakugo in the next episode

>says he'll teach Konatsu how to perform rakugo
>dies
I wouldn't call that happy and content

Is episode 12 going to be worth watching? I feel like this was the perfect way to end the series, there's no way it can be topped.

>Is smiling and filled with joy

the literal meaning of content.

Konatsu already knows how to perform rakugo. It was a symbolic gesture.

Does this series ends definitely in the next episode? Or there's more?

His hair looks like cow shit stuck to the roadside.

>Ono Yuuki

Yep, the biggest masterpiece in 2+ years is gone after next week.

It's a nice epilogue, you should watch it
Next episode is gonna adapt the last chapter.

>You now realize that both men he voices here grew up without their biological fathers

At this rate we're not seeing the OP or the ED next episode. It would be cool if they ended with the first season's ED but with the multigenerational cast in the last shot, but that's just wishful thinking on my part.

This brings almost as many tears as kiku's death

Speaking of the last chapter, can they squeeze that short bonus story about Kiku and teen Konatsu somewhere? It was nice.

Kiku performing for the kids was so cute. His smile is the best, seeing him go from a grumpy, depressed old man to this is beautiful.

>sweet shota grows up to be a pussy destroyer

The last chapter has a short flashback of young Konatsu and Yakumo when Konatsu is talking with shark-sensei

A man with almost not regrets in the end

Anyone else think 7th Yakumo was actually a piece of shit?

Sure he was remorseful about losing Sukeroku, but his pride is what shoved him away in the first place. That bit was kind of a little too real, but most people will cut off their own limbs for pride, only to regret their loss later when they realize it was a petty thing to lose a limb for.

Will we see Yota next ep? Or even Konatsu? They just keep showing off Shinnosuke.

What a fucking legend. How can one old man be so pure?

You have to keep in mind that the rakugo community is a huge circlejerk. It doesn't matter if you have the best rakugo performances in the world, you won't inherit a title unless you suck your masters dick every day and preferably come from a prestigious background. The whole point of Yakumo 7 is that he never really felt that he truly deserved the title over Sukeroku 1, but got it because of his family connections.

Yes, we'll get old Konatsu, old Yota and an even older Matsuda.

This episode was incredibly beautiful.

Everyone is going to appear, it's the last episode after all

MVP of the show. He made every sad moment happy again

Even me?

Oh no, you're absolutely right on all points and for a large part he was playing the Rakugo game that he "needed" to play, to appease the other masters/society president.

I still think he was a dick because he forsake his "Son" to do it..

Kiku would do the exact same thing in his master's situation though, it's a matter of position rather than any personal disputes between the two. I wouldn't consider anyone in a community as traditional and exclusive as the rakugo association at the time to be a piece of shit just for behaving in a way that literally everyone expects them to.

I feel more for this guy than Bon and Sukero, He's just a fucking nice guy.

user will have front row seats at the last rakugo performance

Would love to actually have that first person perspective. Doesn't matter who. Just like getting in, giving the ticket, sitting and then looking at the artist.