What would've happened if Hitler allied with China instead of Japan?

Well?

It would've been a poor choice for an ally.

This

They were sort of allied with China before but they ended up having zero promising benefits when warlords, Maoists, and then Japan began to fuck them in the ass

With my current knowledge I don't know. Even the most experienced historians can make a guess on what COULD'VE happened, not what WOULD'VE. My suggestion to you is to research history for yourself and make your own conclusions. I don't believe that historians browse Sup Forums.

We were allied with China, but then communism spread there and we decided Japan would be more useful. China being in a civil war would have been a terrible ally and the Japs would probably have invaded either way.

China wasn't even that industrialized at the time. Japan was miles ahead in terms of technology.

considering every German ally was fucking useless, doubtful anything would change.

Japan would have been our main opponent in the Cold War, assuming the incompetent Soviets entered Western China and got themselves caught up in the total anarchy affecting China at the time, or having to deal with Chinese warlords entering Kazakhstan

In order words, the only decent parts of China were held by Japan, and the Soviets would have been overwhelmed trying to exploit what little there was in west China and possibly Mongolia.

we would live in a less populated and more rice filled world

Germany was allied with "China" but there where three competing powers, the completely irrelevant former dynasty, nationalists and commies, technically more since Japs where already invading and other foreign powers.

In fact Germany tried to create peace between China and Japs but both where too butthurt over each other and turn China into a stable nation independent of colonial power (yeah le evil wants to conquer the world Nazi Germany actually tried to make peace and freedom in the world the more you know) so history just progressed

Would have gotten his shit pushed in. Britain might have been able to go at it alone.

It wasn't Japan that was a poor ally
It was Italy

>but then communism spread there and we decided Japan would be more useful.

did they even notify you beforehand before pearl harbor?

>China being in a civil war would have been a terrible ally and the Japs would probably have invaded either way.

right, but what defeated you was the US. allying with china would've prevented that. or not?

The Soviets occupied Mongolia and Xinjiang (Western China) before, during, and after the Chinese Civil War.

i'm not so sure. pearl harbor forced the US to join the allies. maybe germans would've actually won without US interference?

there were a ton of different factions in china

fk messed up

Roosevelt wanted any excuse to go to war with Germany since he was a turbo shabbos goy

Dude even leftist faggots admit FDR goaded Japan into war.

>Japan would have been our main opponent in the Cold War

are you sure? after pearl harbor, the US would've joined the axis no? so japan would've got annihilated either way during the WWII, only this time hitler didn't have to fight americans on the western front.

as to the soviets, i think a good case could be made for the total victory of the axis? much of their force was depleted fighting germany, so would they have been able to fight off chinese from their southern border? i think it would've been difficult

are you saying FDR would've allied with japan after pearl harbor to fight germany?

Umm, no idiot
FDR wanted the war because war time economies are major boom.

>and the Japs would probably have invaded either way.

are you saying that it would've been a burden on you if china asked for your help to fend off a japanese invasion?

By 1937, all factions in China bar the Ma Family, the Xinjiang clique, the CCP in Shaanxi, and Tibet, pledged loyalty to Chiang and the KMT.

so ? the US would've just fought for the axis instead of allies

>I don't believe that historians browse Sup Forums.

Historian here.

There probably still would have been an equivalent of the Pacific theater regardless, just probably at a later date (that is, after the defeat of Germany-China).

>I don't believe that historians browse Sup Forums.
Historian here

why would japs be butthurt? they're the invaders

China was a civil war in the era, like today's Iraq and Syria

Not a burden, we had no way to support them across the entire Eurasian continent. I don't think it would have changed a lot in Europe, we gained little to nothing from our alliance with Japan in this timeline.

but that's the thing. after the pearl harbor incident, wouldn't the US have joined the axis, which would've been germany-china?

>pledged loyalty
Im unsure of what happened in actuallity

>I don't think it would have changed a lot in Europe,

are you sure? 'cause i thought the US joined the allies after japan bombed pearl harbor. if you weren't allied with them, then would you still have faced US troops on the western front? also, if you allied with china, couldn't you make a two pronged approach with russia? hitler from the west and chinese from the south

China would have been useless against Russia because of their civil war and even if we declared war against Japan after their invasion of China, by 1941 the USA was already arming Britain against the Axis.
It would have been a 3 faction war instead.
Japan vs Allies vs Axis and formally Axis vs Japan, but there would have been a lot of combat between those two because of the distance.

*there would NOT have been a lot of combat

see, i'm not entirely sure about that. i mean, that makes sense in hindsight, but you have to keep in mind the US was extremely leery of japanese imperialism in asia, especially after pearl harbor when the japanese stormed shanghai and kicked out all the other powers, including the US from the chinese region. they still wanted to have influence in the region after the war was over, and this meant defeating japan, regardless of which side you were on

Most of the warlords pledged themselves to the KMT as they had asserted themselves as the dominant power in China after the Northern Expedition and the five Encirclement Campaigns against the CCP. They had also seen what had happened to the Northern Warlords who defied the KMT in the Great Plains War, and thought the best way to survive was to side with them, especially after the Long March, which managed to recruit many along the way when they marched through the Southern Warlord's territories.

CHINA IS A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY OF A BILLION PEASANTS

THEY WERE EVEN THIRDER WORLD PEASANTS BACK THEN

JAPAN WAS A POWERHOUSE RIPPING AND TEARING THEMSELVES A COPROSPERITY SPHERE

>JAPAN WAS A POWERHOUSE RIPPING AND TEARING THEMSELVES A COPROSPERITY SPHERE
couldnt even defeat the backward soviets

>by 1941 the USA was already arming Britain
arming and troops on the ground are two different things

>China would have been useless against Russia
well, i guess they would've had their hands full repelling japanese invasion. but they would've been free after the US defeated japan. hitler wasn't defeated until after Japan was defeated. so in this way, you wouldn't have had to deal with american troops on the ground, and china could help you after the defeat of japan. they only went back to the civil war after WWII was officially over i think?

that's not the point. the point is if germany would've had to face american troops on the ground and if the US would've even become an ally to soviets

also this

>arming and troops on the ground are two different things
Both are usually considered an act of war.
>hitler wasn't defeated until after Japan was defeated
That is not correct. We surrendered in April/May the Japs in September.
But let's say there is no D-day because the US doesn't join Britain: Best case scenario we hold out in a war of nutrition long enough to make a white peace, worst case the commies overrun all of Europe.