What does Sup Forums think of the .hack series? Both manga and anime. Is it worth giving it a try?

What does Sup Forums think of the .hack series? Both manga and anime. Is it worth giving it a try?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XQFCaw-eAQg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It was rad and I'm sad that we'll likely never get any new material. IMOQ were my favorite but I really enjoyed SIGN too. Blackrose was best girl.

SIGN was the one that made me like yuri in the first place I think.

my man.

SIGN was Talking: The Anime, but I still liked it.

LOTT was fun to watch at 2 in the morning. Does anyone remember those Doo-Wop Gold commercial that would always play and was a VHS tape despite DVDs having long since taken over?

IMOQ was gr8.

G.U. was babby's first nerd rage and by GOD I wish I could go back in time and make it good.

I just want that damn .Hack Roots to actually be good
such a disappointment especially since G.U. was god-tier

The .hack//Sign anime is the best sleep aid I've ever encountered.

This. The OP is pretty baller though

roots is best
youtube.com/watch?v=XQFCaw-eAQg

In retrospect, a lot of the .hack franchise is pretty mediocre. However, back whenever, I did think how all the different series, games and manga tied together was pretty cool. Like, you could get hints about places to visit in the PS2 games from watching the Liminality anime. Was also a cool feeling to be seeing the in-The World plot happen in the games, while seeing what was going on at the same time in the real world with the anime.

If you're really into the world, then I guess you can enjoy the show, but otherwise it's a drag yeah.

The entire .hack franchise has kickass music though. Kajiura and See-Saw did stellar work and nailed the tone of the materiale pretty well.

Greatest anime OST I've ever heard.

COME WITH ME IN THE TWILIGHT OF THE SUMMER NIGHT FOR A WHILE

>not GITS
>not panty and stocking

on topic tho we will never see another .hack because of SAO

Which is very sad, because .hack was a lot more interesting than the fanwank that is SAO.

Neither of those soundtracks really stuck out to me too much other than Chocolat.

That's because .hack is too "boring." I've seen so many posts even on Sup Forums dismissing it as shit because there's too much talking.

TELL ME ALL THE STORIES NEVERENDING TOLD IN THE PAST

TAKE ME BACK TO THE LAND

WHERE MY YEARNINGS WERE BORN

THE KEY TO OPEN THE DOOR IS IN YOUR HAND

>If you're really into the world, then I guess you can enjoy the show, but otherwise it's a drag yeah.

The characters were what carried the show for me. Not in the sense of "look at Kirito be the best player in the MMO", but rather "look at all these fucking losers using an MMO to escape their shitty lives". It was interesting.

I'm forever butthurt that SAO got popular and .hack didn't.

>because there's too much talking
yet "that" LN/anime Sup Forums wont shut up is called a masterpiece reeee

It's too bad, but really not surprising. SAO does everything it can to pander to its audience.

I'm assuming you mean monogatari. They appeal to two completely different audiences.

.hack//sign was boring though. I liked the world though and AI Buster, another birth and Twilight bracelet LN/mangas were all great.

so was this about incest or what?

>SAO got popular and .hack didn't.

Either you're retarded, baiting, or underage.

.Hack was pretty popular in the early/mid-2000s. But this was before the centralization of fan media (Quarantine came out BEFORE YOUTUBE, for fuck's sake), so there's not much left to since your teeth into since those fansites disappear and forums become inactive.

>.hack//Link TV anime or OVA never

easy son

you can make your argument without blowing your lid

The games were fun as fuck

Swearing a blown lid does not make, my friend.

But yeah, it is kinda sad how the franchise has fallen into obscurity. IMOQ remake when.

No. They weren't. I loved them but don't pretend the gameplay wasn't shit

G.U.'s was pretty fun, even if it was way too easy.

IMOQ's could choke on a bag of dicks. The story made up for it IMO.

.Hack//IMOQ had an outstanding story but poor gameplay. .Hack//G.U. improved gameplay but couldn't do a story as good.
SIGN is pure talking but it's not an action anime like SAO after all, it's character-driven. Seeing all the different reasons why these characters play games and why it's important for them is the most important point of the anime (along with the mistery behind the game). Plus the soundtrack is perfect.
Roots was much weaker in all these aspects, but a good prequel for G.U.

Then we have Legend of the Twilight, which was fun but that's all. At least the manga's ending actually linked with the rest of the series, specially with the AI Buster light novel (which I recommend if you like .Hack/).
.Hack//Quantum was fun and so was the movie, but it doesn't have the same charm as before, although the Thanatos Report improves that a bit.
I haven't read the web novel yet since it's tied to LINK and I'm waiting for the full translation of the game.