Soul Crushing Architecture Thread

It's that time again Sup Forums lets post some soul-crushing architecture, just reminding us of the good buildings that probably stood there, and were going to be. I will start with pic related. Yes that's the name of the (((masterpiece)))

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3JzD9oYLVzY
newenglishreview.com/David_Hamilton/Social_Engineering_Through_Architectural_Change/
images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AwrBTzdOnURazWQARAhXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE0dmtycGszBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjQ3MjFfMQRzZWMDcGl2cw--?p=stalinist architecture&fr2=piv-web&fr=yfp-t-s
images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AwrB8qFSnURar1oArjyJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBsZ29xY3ZzBHNlYwNzZWFyY2gEc2xrA2J1dHRvbg--;_ylc=X1MDOTYwNjI4NTcEX3IDMgRhY3RuA2NsawRiY2sDZjVuaWNmbGNxODUwMiUyNmIlM0QzJTI2cyUzRDI5BGNzcmNwdmlkA29kYndSVEV3TGpIeTNreDlXYVFVQWdGY09UTXVNUUFBQUFCNWtONHEEZnIDeWZwLXQtcwRmcjIDc2EtZ3AEZ3ByaWQDMFQ2amtYVl9TSUdPRTk4X1ZZR05kQQRtdGVzdGlkA251bGwEbl9zdWdnAzAEb3JpZ2luA2ltYWdlcy5zZWFyY2gueWFob28uY29tBHBvcwMwBHBxc3RyAwRwcXN0cmwDBHFzdHJsAzIyBHF1ZXJ5A2tocnVzY2hldiBhcmNoaXRlY3R1cmUEdF9zdG1wAzE1MTQ0NDYyNTkEdnRlc3RpZANudWxs?gprid=0T6jkXV_SIGOE98_VYGNdA&pvid=odbwRTEwLjHy3kx9WaQUAgFcOTMuMQAAAAB5kN4q&p=khruschev architecture&fr=yfp-t-s&fr2=sb-top-images.search.yahoo.com&ei=UTF-8&n=60&x=wrt
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Revival_architecture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Byzantine_architecture_in_the_Russian_Empire
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

kinda neat in a cyberpunk way

I like the first one, except for the concrete blandness of the color. It's about as MC Esher as you can get on our three dimensional plane.

There is many things just wrong with using concrete and glass and wood in such a manner like this.

The Habitat 67 building?

obligatory

This actually looks futuristic though. Definitely would not file it in with this other trash.

It's really out of place even in a place like Mississauga

That just makes my blood boil to unbelievable levels.

Yes, Satan, the habitat building.

How the hell can you like that? I mean look at it, it looks like an unfinished soviet mess with fucked up proportions. I mean the name as well Habitat 67? That is the most soul-crushing tyrannical sounding place to live in. Not even mentioning moving around inside the building

Oh and I forgot about the (((architect))) himself

>tfw born in Chicago
It hurts.
youtube.com/watch?v=3JzD9oYLVzY

i wish i had a "commie block" or an "eggshell box" or a "crappy highrise" because at least then i would own my own house instead of living with my parents and staring at newly built mcmansions from russian oligarchs.

I like the architecture for the same reason I stated earlier. It reminds me of a trippy MC Esher paining. If it had some paint or maybe just wood paneling., anything to hide the concrete it would actually look pretty good in my book.

And that makes me want to puke. Now I know how those sailors felt looking at all those "wrong angles" in R'yleh.

Did a 3 year old get that contract?
Like some connected Jew drew a picture in a childs scrapbook and said. 'I want', then all the corrupt building industry mobilised and built it for him and gave him a trophy.

the guy who built that wrote a book called the city age the auto mobile that pol would unironically like.

yes the building is ugly but the point was to give everyone a view and more window space. I think it's pretty cool though very ugly

Looks comfy.

This makes me really uneasy for some reason.

Oh good god no.

67 was the year it was built

also who cares about building names

>Tfw Cape town still retains a lot of their original architecture.
At this point I am just waiting for the niggers to fuck it up as well.

A lot of these shit modern buildings literally look like they're melting. Creepy.

My town is has a lot of mcmansions. The majority is either 80s/90s middle class homes or sandstone(limestone?) w brick post-2000 homes, with the exception of my own. Still too many mcmansions for my liking.

Bump

at least theres a lot of green in those living spaces. probably wouldnt be that bad desu

Soon my friend, soon it will be tainted.

Go back to 2chan with your bragging ass

Nothing enrages me more than commieblocks.

O wait, i notice the background buildings now. Y ARE you here tho, Li? Y not 2chan?

>Now I know how those sailors felt looking at all those "wrong angles" in R'yleh.
Kek

Another good Toronto one (Robarts Library)

This is just one of the few reasons on why I wanted to unsee Toronto when I went down to visit.

Jo-berg has the all-time champion of soul-crushing I think....

well, you are an ancap. Its to be expected.

My 5th cousins lived in commieblocks when the USSR had control of Czechoslovakia. I wasnt born yet, but my mother hated it, esp bc of the soldiers. Ill always associate commieblocks with her description of the soldiers. Eerie

Da fuk

looks like a city jail

looks like it might need some aluminium cladding to spruce it up a little.

>been to Chicago, and Soldier field, several times.... had no idea that it's glorious and beautiful past

>from the bottom

Thats what yall leafs gotta deal with. Sad,

This looks like corruption

This is why Ill never be able to live in an apartment, unless its hoi polloi

is this real?
WTF!
I would definitely prefer sleeping on the streets.

How depressing.

does KFC stand for kooky fucked construction?

Thought that was syria for a sec

Was actually meant to be luxury apartments in Johannesburg, but then the ghouls took it.

>we architectural bane posting now

Thats in a beach town. The restaurant looks boatlike accordingly.

At that point, it's interesting. Of course, I wouldn't want to live there or see a dozen of those in my city, but one or two for novelty is nice.

Rate my "elite" commieblock. I like the way it looks, it reminds me of RAM units in a PC, I like this cyberpunkish feeling. Flats are surprisingly good for a soviet block, neighbours are nice and the concierge decorated the lobby for the New Year so it is now cozy as fuck

This is actually cool if it were an industrial building or like a research institute.

Its a beach town. The restaurant is boatlike.

Why has England become such a shitty architecture country in the last 20 years

Fuck off with the shilling PJW. Brutalism is beautiful.

Wiki article reads that the ghouls were forced out and now it's a livable place again

whoever allowed this to happen needs to die

kek

Whoops

Demonic.

It's not beautiful or a feat of engineering. It's only function is to mock the european architecture it is affixed to. The people who enjoy it must hate european history and civilization.

Now who is behind that post?

What's wrong with that building?

There was actually some seriously fucked social engineering behind the architecture. Straight up collectivist totalitarian manipulation of the public

newenglishreview.com/David_Hamilton/Social_Engineering_Through_Architectural_Change/

Another picture for scale

Funny thing alot of drug dealers and prostitutes live in that building lol.

>The people who enjoy it must hate european history and civilization.
of course (((they))) do. They have an inability to make something that beautiful. They are jealous, and they also know how to do one thing very well: destroy; destroy cultures, destroy races, destroy societies.

If your psyche is so wrapped up in a building, you have problems.

Is this the non-Euclidean architecture Lovecraft talked about?

that actually looks pretty neat

>"The theory was from the Corbusian model of “uniformity in the part, variety in the whole,”'

fucking puke.

kek, that's almost Fallout-tier
>no offense m8, i'm sure it's comfier than it looks

Reminder that it wasn't communism that fucked up the architecture of the Eastern Europe. Just look at Stalinist architecture.

images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AwrBTzdOnURazWQARAhXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE0dmtycGszBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjQ3MjFfMQRzZWMDcGl2cw--?p=stalinist architecture&fr2=piv-web&fr=yfp-t-s

It was Nikita Khruschev, a retarded Hohol with his cheap housing projects of khruschovkas. Need is say more.

images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AwrB8qFSnURar1oArjyJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBsZ29xY3ZzBHNlYwNzZWFyY2gEc2xrA2J1dHRvbg--;_ylc=X1MDOTYwNjI4NTcEX3IDMgRhY3RuA2NsawRiY2sDZjVuaWNmbGNxODUwMiUyNmIlM0QzJTI2cyUzRDI5BGNzcmNwdmlkA29kYndSVEV3TGpIeTNreDlXYVFVQWdGY09UTXVNUUFBQUFCNWtONHEEZnIDeWZwLXQtcwRmcjIDc2EtZ3AEZ3ByaWQDMFQ2amtYVl9TSUdPRTk4X1ZZR05kQQRtdGVzdGlkA251bGwEbl9zdWdnAzAEb3JpZ2luA2ltYWdlcy5zZWFyY2gueWFob28uY29tBHBvcwMwBHBxc3RyAwRwcXN0cmwDBHFzdHJsAzIyBHF1ZXJ5A2tocnVzY2hldiBhcmNoaXRlY3R1cmUEdF9zdG1wAzE1MTQ0NDYyNTkEdnRlc3RpZANudWxs?gprid=0T6jkXV_SIGOE98_VYGNdA&pvid=odbwRTEwLjHy3kx9WaQUAgFcOTMuMQAAAAB5kN4q&p=khruschev architecture&fr=yfp-t-s&fr2=sb-top-images.search.yahoo.com&ei=UTF-8&n=60&x=wrt

the best architecture of the region are these directions. All from Russian Empire.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Revival_architecture

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Byzantine_architecture_in_the_Russian_Empire

Here's a giant cpu cooler.

>Now I know how those sailors felt looking at all those "wrong angles" in R'yleh.

For some reason it gives me a clinically cozy vibe. Like the feeling you get when you have accepted your fate in reality and are riding out the ignorant bliss of your life.

Looks like something out of the 2012 Judge Dredd movie.

looks like some shit that you would find on the garry's mod steam workshop

kill yourself

for a data center or internet based company? sure. for a courthouse? why

this has been torn down, thank God

Some of them remind me of Half Life 2.
I'm wondering how long before someone builds the Citadel.

>bank of america
more like bank of the Aztecs

it grew a tumor

Looks like something a 12 y/o kid would make in Minecraft

Racism honestly isn't the answer. There are lots of decent people in every country who deserve to live in this world in their own respective cultures.

But the weak, degenerate, and self-hating are the scum of the earth and deserve nothing short of death. Always, always kill the traitors first.

checked
And I feel with you.it could bee so good

That's actually one of the biggest failings of commie-blocks. It isolates them from the surrounding neighbourhood and creates areas with relatively few people and many places to hid, a perfect place from criminals to wait in ambush.