FOLLOW THE WEEK ON FACEBOOK FEATURE Why conservatives just aren't into comedy

theweek.com/articles/744515/why-conservatives-just-arent-into-comedy
TL;DR Comedy is "cognitive challenge" which liberals look forward to breaking down and decoding, but conservatives do not.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JhsYly-OJR8
youtube.com/watch?v=hnN08KOw4BM
youtube.com/watch?v=d0fCdJIJk10
youtube.com/watch?v=tviX7JwqO5w
youtube.com/watch?v=J125ZCOJg7k
youtube.com/watch?v=h08Esw24pRM
youtube.com/watch?v=CdSsXBpEKrM
youtube.com/watch?v=OkM0cMomo6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=mJKafsRsfDg
youtube.com/watch?v=7ss49zdnBqM
youtube.com/watch?v=Dayt-lAumHg
youtube.com/watch?v=1YSXqIJaBZY
youtube.com/watch?v=OKxm4KCsW_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=vnvgxXb-Kno
youtube.com/watch?v=UOndsehWvvw
youtube.com/watch?v=I28d-PVUKQI
youtube.com/watch?v=6Djnd4fNAqg
youtube.com/watch?v=-I3qREbKqLw
youtu.be/6dXBC6R_rxk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I found found the idiocy funny.

Proved wrong.

>you need to be intelligent to enjoy it

Fuck. I accident copied and pasted the title wrong. Fuck fuck fuck fuck

>having to decode comedy
Isn't one of the requirements for your comedy being awful? Like, an actual basic rule?

I have to work and raise my family, no time for laughing at some stupid nigger saying stupid shit.
I prefer dark comedy, but the PC crowd has destroyed it and personally I don't find jokes about penis, vagina and period blood funny, which the liberals love so much.

Yeah, modern lefties are all about breaking taboos and challenging their established thought.

I'm facing a real hard cognitive challenge right now. I can't figure out why liberals feel the need to constantly jerk themselves off.

Perhaps the reason conservatives aren't into mainstream comedy is because modern comedy is nothing but degenerative behavior and the same tired sex/drug/party jokes over and over again, that most people have heard a billion times?

>Why has the right yet to produce its own Daily Show? In a recent study, a research team led by Danna Young of the University of Delaware provides a simple answer: As a rule, conservatives are not into comedy.
Liberals literally need some designated "comedian" on cable to to tell them to laugh at something so they can laugh. There is no comedy, or jokes for that matter. It's just a Pavlovian response they have when an authority figure tells them that they need to laugh. This is why they can't meme. Memes require creativity from within.

Fucking this. Thank god for rock and Monty getting in front of this meme.

to be fair you gotta have a really high IQ to enjoy comedy

>im pickle riiiiiiiiiick

I have a love for life. (((Comedy))) these days is: I hate my family, I hate my job, I hate my country, I hate my race, I hate men, I hate my life. No thank you, I am too busy living. Get back to me when you can manage an actual humerous joke and not just a sad attempt at encouraging societal and familial discord.

>Reads article
MFW

TFW too intelligent

Alex Jones makes me laugh more than any of those daily shows. I used to watch them years back

>conservatives can't into come-

Oh yes; a tremendous IQ is required.

Pretty much.

It’s true. There are no popular conservative comics because conservatives arent funny. No one laughs at a meme; you alt right dolt just smugly circle jerk telling each other its so cash, while everyone laughs at you, not with you.. Same with music and pretty much any popular culture. (Inb4 country music, which no one outside of redneck states listens to or cares about + its pretty much liberal pop these days anyway)

Or it's because conservatives are busy stabilizing the mess the left is making, and have no time to spend on creating "comics"?

I bet you still listen to radio

The right had one shitty channel on TV. FOX news and they did have comedy shows like Red Eye and Greg Gutfeld. They have comedian color commentators sprinkled all around their programming to this day. Then there is the internet where we have Crowder, McGinnes and a whole slew of others. Whoever wrote about this just didn't even want to know about it.

The other day some dude linked me this study that proves that conservatives are less creative, imagine mfw reading through the article and seeing pic related

Fuck, I lost it watching that.

Sort of unrelated but has anyone else seen all the unfunny female comedians that almost exist entirely to 'diversify' comedy? There's plenty of funny black comedians but women just can't be funny if their lives depended on it

Trips of truth

Listen to scum like Amy "Saddlebags" Schumer and lemme know if you need to decode her constant "I'm a slut with a smelly twat" jokes that liberals claim are so super funny, if you don't laugh, you must be a sexist, racist, misogynist bigot homophobe.

There is no subtlety. No thought. Like most things liberal, even their humor is regressive. An adult can only take so much toilet humor, especially from the same person on a constant basis. That and "Trump is turrbll, amirite?", is all we get from them nowadays.

Pussy poop pee pee bloody queef comedy

"...its so cash"
Are you 12?

If you want a proper laugh check out pic related for a full list of articles that the journal published in the November/December period. Note that I haven't left any articles out and that the journal is named "Psychology of Popular Media Culture" (seriously).

This seems like a high quality, peer reviewed publication for sure guys.

What it comes down to is the fact that liberals prefer abstract thinking more than conservatives do and are more empathetic than conservatives are. Comedy is an art based on pointing out the absurdity of abstract connections and understanding the emotions of others. It requires a speculative kind of thinking and the ability to connect with an audience that conservatives largely lack.

There's no comedy on the left. Its all just soyboys and trannies whining about politicians they don't like. The rest of their time is spent harassing and protesting any comedy they find offensive.
Dice and Rock and even Seinfeld won't perform anymore because of snowflake outrage and Kinisin chose death over this bullshit.
The left fucking killed comedy.

you say no one but country artists sell as much as pop artists. Just because they have to have separate award shows and channels you just think it's irrelevant.

Because Liberal comedians aren't funny, that means I somehow hate comedy? Okay then.

They do. It's called The Daily Shoah and it's on therightstuff.biz

they were but within the last 10 years they hold all the power and they use it to try and ruin people they don't like rather than being creative. That's why Johnny Carson used to treat comedians like shit. They think they know everything. They need gatekeepers but now they run things and they just do favors for their friends

Except Dice and certainly (Chris?) Rock and Seinfeld are on the left. Most of the moderate left has an issue with the far left's stance on free speech. Your inability to decouple ideology from its most extreme members exemplifies why conservatives aren't funny.

Also, clearly you haven't been keeping up if you think it's been "killed" by the left because Seinfeld won't perform on college campuses. Bill Burr and Dave Chappelle would like a word with you.

Who are these funny conservative comedians we missed?

you have to be out of it even want to hear from Dice and Seinfeld and Chris Rock. Yeah they were cool 30 years ago

>implying Sup Forums isnt the funniest fucking place on the internet

IMO Stand up is dead because watching someone stand on stage telling jokes they spent hours and hours rehearsing is just becoming kind of lame after all these years. Then with podcasts you hear how fucked up all these comedians are and you are left wondering why am I listening to this guy tell it like it is?

Humor =/= Professional Comedy

All people are into Humor, to some degree. But not all people consider Professional Comedy important or entertaining enough to be worth their time.

/thread

(Hands on hips)

Your see the wrong comedians.

youtu.be/JhsYly-OJR8

Hey guys, the researchers uploaded the jokes they used to test their subjects sense of humour. The jokes come in sets of two with different punchlines. The first joke in the set is supposed to test your enjoyment of irony, while the second joke is tests your enjoyment of exaggeration.
Remember guys, if you don't think these jokes are funny, you're probably a filthy conservative.

youtube.com/watch?v=hnN08KOw4BM
youtube.com/watch?v=d0fCdJIJk10
youtube.com/watch?v=tviX7JwqO5w
youtube.com/watch?v=J125ZCOJg7k
youtube.com/watch?v=h08Esw24pRM
youtube.com/watch?v=CdSsXBpEKrM
youtube.com/watch?v=OkM0cMomo6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=mJKafsRsfDg
youtube.com/watch?v=7ss49zdnBqM
youtube.com/watch?v=Dayt-lAumHg
youtube.com/watch?v=1YSXqIJaBZY
youtube.com/watch?v=OKxm4KCsW_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=vnvgxXb-Kno
youtube.com/watch?v=UOndsehWvvw
youtube.com/watch?v=I28d-PVUKQI
youtube.com/watch?v=6Djnd4fNAqg

Oh yeah and keep in mind that these are all supposed to be politically neutral jokes.

We used to watch comedy central until they took a distinct left shill turn and killed it. Most all mainsteam media and probably much of alt media is comp'd, with the puppetstrings of sponsorship or funding leading to not much more than six people. Collusion with the Her campaign is now proven. Only the extent is in question. The right has their own humor that probably passes libtards by often. Besides, nearly everything on the air is comedy to us now. Dark comedy.

I've never heard Burr but Chapelle gets plenty of hate from the left. If he weren't who he is he'd be just as maligned as any other non-pc comedian.
The recent def comedy jam reunion was so toned down and PC it was as if they all forgot was like coming up. Left-washed.
The left today is what the right was in the 80's and 90's when it comes to PC shot and comedy.
Their darling Silverman wouldn't have been tolerated back when she started by today's left. Its amazing Tosh is tolerated though I think he's already cucked an apology or two.

yeah this sounds like SNL quality jokes so I guess it's professional comedy

>"Respondents viewed videos of jokes
delivered by a professional male comic in the
style of
Weekend Update
’s “desk jokes” from
Saturday Night Live
, with the comic seated be-
hind a desk in a suit. A total of eight joke topics
were issued in random order (topics, joke
scripts, and URLs to videos are included in
Appendix). Within each topic, respondents
were randomized to view either the exaggerated
or the ironic joke. Following the 30-sec joke
video, respondents evaluated the joke (e.g.,
funny, smart, and enjoyable) and were asked a
closed-ended item to assess joke comprehen-
sion."

I wonder if they even considered that people who watch SNL and similar shows have been conditioned to find this low effort, low intelligence style of humour funny?

dear lord this is physically painful

>comedy is too sophisticated for consevatives

MAKE DONALD DRUMPF AGAIN

>modern lefties are all about breaking taboos and challenging their established thought.

aka jews

Yeah, that's a pretty fucking stupid assumption.

>cognitive challenge
>dumbed down jokes for big swaths of population

>libs advocate for childabuse to increase liberal leaning.
I am not even surprised.

Professional Comedy is frivolous.

It's basically an adult version of a schoolboy being proud of himself for saying naughty words while teacher is out of the classroom.

yeah it has to be something like that. How many times can you get the same cookie cutter formula without getting bored? How long have SNL and late night shows been doing it? 30-40 years of it isn't enough for you?

How could anyone with a functional sense of humor NOT find these hilarious?

Why?

Because conservatives are easily triggered over everything. It's in the name 'conservative'. Make a joke about a penis or Jesus and you watch them get triggered.

Meanwhile left wing progressive liberals can actually take jokes. We progressives are open minded. Just like we are to other people's beliefs, races and cultures.

"Comedy" these days is so predictable you can tell the punchline 99% of the time before they're even half way through telling it

Progressive faggot from broken home.

Hence why Rick and Morty fans have such high IQs

"One limitation of that study is that participants were American college students recruited from a psychology course and participating fo class credit. Many college students, particularly those yet to vote, may not have well-formulated ideas of where they stand politically; and some may not yet have devoted time to creaive pursuits [...] The motivated social cognition view that conservatism may be a situational reaction to events suggests that the context of assessing creativity and conservatism is impotnat. Although college is generally seen as liberal and creative environment, the fact that the creative products were chosen for extra credit could have resulted in less creativity.

However, he recruitment from a psychology course may have resulted in a less conservative sample than might otherwise be the case"

tl;dr oversampling of liberals and small sample size overall that is uplifted as he definitive proof of the liberal/conservative divide

>Meanwhile left wing progressive liberals can actually take jokes. We progressives are open minded. Just like we are to other people's beliefs, races and cultures.
Holy shit are you from the 80s?

Sup Forums is funnier than any kosher tv program. Whether it's Aussie shitposting, rival countries exchanging bantz, or memes Sup Forums is hilarious

Just an hour ago I was reading about how the nefarious alt right is using humor to destroy Hoggwarts

>trauma or family conflict in childhood... could be missing for conservatives
It's disturbing how they phrase that as if it's a bad thing

This shows it pretty well. The women jabber on for ages and get barely a laugh while the men say one line each and both get big laughs

youtube.com/watch?v=-I3qREbKqLw

You should read the chapters about Freud and the Frankfurt School in culture of critique, social scientists and psychologists HATE traditional families

Oh Link? I want to laugh and tear down their childhood heros

Tell a nigger joke at a liberal comedy club and see how that works out

youtu.be/6dXBC6R_rxk

This

But there is nothing to decode in liberal comedy. It is just just polemic delivered in a snarky attitude with a laugh track in the background conditioning the listener to laugh on cue.

>comedy devolves to fuck drumpf jokes and only fuck drumpf jokes
>conservatives just aren’t smart enough to understand comedy

I’m not going to bother looking it up, I already know enough to know the writer is a Jew.