What’s the deal with sex vs. gender?

I’ve always thought gender was just a more polite or specific way to say sex, whereas sex can obviously be both the sexual act and whether one is female or male.

Is there a difference? If not, what’s the agenda behind saying there is.

Why did transvestism become transgender.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EQJ18HPQ_aA
youtube.com/watch?v=prN8pnsBEnA
youtube.com/watch?v=LdpMpfp-J_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It is a Jewish ploy to destroy nuclear families, the very same as boys turned gay due to fathers or strangers touching them

Keep your enemies divided in as many ways as possible. It wasn't enough to turn white women against white men (feminism and slut culture which destroyed marriage), they need to destroy gender completely to demoralize us even more.

You can't have non-consensual sex relations with someone, that is rape

You can have non-consensual gender relations with someone, that is positive pronoun use

daily reminder brainlets the argument goes sex is biological and gender is not (is "the choice")

if nothing has meaning then (((somebody))) can come along and give it meaning.

So gender is whatever you want it to be? So it’s just made up?

gender is attack helicopter

sex is biological and is binary M/F. hermaphrodite births are so uncommon they hardly register and when they DO a simple blood test will tell you if they are biologically XY or XX. Sex is binary. Not even a bigot, come at me bro.

not samefag, & also im no expert on the semantics, but it seems the argument these days has used "gender" in place of "gender roles" or "feminine / masculine"... that it's all a social construct, something society has deemed what Men act like and what Women act like.

what I cant wrap my head around is the "other" genders... like non-binary or any other Tralfamadorian gender. like okay, women dont have to be feminine I suppose... but how can you be a new gender? what do you call it? what is it based on? like 30% masculine 70% feminine is now called being a "Joman" (making this up). but yeah.... fuck this shit.

imo, the more logical path to have taken is that there should be no prejudice against a biological male that wants to be feminine, wear dresses, suck cock and get ass fucked... but making up other genders or trying to sex change is wrong.

the crux is a marxist dialectic
from thesis, anti thesis, synthesis to
oppressor, oppressed, revolution
and in a dash of post modernist thinking of everything having a subjectivity and finally you get nice cocktail of pseudo intellectual kool aid to be drank down by morons have no idea what their talking about.

If i remember correctly, sex is how you're defined biologically (genitals), and gender is how you identify yourself in society.

sex and gender are the same thing to a sane person. pandering to someone who claims to be a 3rd gender is like pandering to someone with any other dellusion. the world is hopped up on anti depresants and other assorted psychoactive drugs, so what did we think was going to happen? imo this isn't a terrible thing, the vast majority of these sexual deviants, because that's all the final point is, what genitals you put in your mouth and what the owner of those genitals calls them, but these deviants are only concerned with what they do or dont fuck, so please illustrate why we should expose children to any of these people at all? pro tip, we/you shouldn't, ever! but the silver lining is that these freaks will partially weed themselves out of the gene pool due to chemical sterilization from hormones, or suicide or just messing up their shot at reproducing. at the end of the day it seems many of these people want to be extraordinary with no effort, i dont find it brave to cut your dick off or glue one on, living in reality with normal people and just dealing takes more stones than warping the world to fit your little safe space nonsense.

The definition of gender has changed since a lot of folks realize that while biological sex is XX and XY, that gender roles are ultimately a societal construct.

As the current paradigm shifts from rigid gender roles ie Women are homemakers and men are breadwinners, people are choosing to express themselves beyond what is traditionally considered one or another. It's ultimately harmless and realistically things like "men never cry" tend to alienate those who don't fit such rigid definitions.

A lot of these folks have existed for a long time but now since people feel safer and less likely to be attacked for expressing themselves, the realize the labels such as male and female don't tend to fully describe how they feel about their own identity.

I mean in its simplest concept, it's like folks who are designated a certain name at birth. Perhaps they don't like the name, or just don't feel like the name really describes who they are. They are free to choose a new name or a nickname, whatever makes them feel more comfortable. Same conceptually as with gender

>What’s the deal with sex vs. gender?

its actually a legitimate distinction...but its missused deliberatly for promoting sodomy.

sex = male or female
gender = social roles for a particular sex, which do differ from culture to culture

The method leftist use in research is that when they count particiapants they count gender, which you cant du unless you did some kind of gender identity test (e.g. "a male of western masculine gender", "east asian female of feminine gender", "western male with feminine identity" etc.), while in reality most research counts only sex, not gender.

>Biologically XY or XX
What about X, XYY, XXYY,XXY and other such things. I'm not a tumblrtard btw, just curious.

sex is biological. there are 2 sexes.

gender is more sociological and describes what is considered masculine or feminine, it varies from culture to culture. There are no hard and fast rules that determine gender characteristics.

The whole SJW mess is because they either dont understand or willfully confuse the two words gender and sex. Gender ought to be based on the male/female binary since there are 2 sexes. Idiots like to make shit up though because they like attention and/or are confused, think it's cute to destabilize civilization. People don't decide for themselves what their 'gender' is, its something that is determined by the society they live in and generally accepted norms. Gender is just various characteristics describing masculine and feminine traits.

>Why did transvestism become transgender.
pharmaceutical jews opening up a new market. Pay for my life-threatening disorder, goy.

Young female chimps play with sticks like dolls. Gender is sex in every species on Earth. What's ironic in this case is that it is atheists insisting humans are the exception.

>The whole SJW mess is because they either dont understand or willfully confuse the two words gender and sex.

They willfully try to confuse with the end goal of ending SEX identification (=/=gender identification).

Sad!
Especially since (legitimate) gender research is interesting.

Actually there are cases of XXX or Just an X. Theres XXY... XYYAnd there are FEMALES with XY chrome. But gender remains pretty much binary in all cases. There just different gebetic conditions that dont really effect the gender that much. XYY men are prrtty much normal.. XY females look exactly like females in every way but there sterile. An X only chrome creates turners syndrome basically just a female whose sterile and short and fucked up looking.

Diagnosable genetic disorders versus mental disorder.

>What about X, XYY, XXYY,XXY and other such things. I'm not a tumblrtard btw, just curious.
I don't think curious is the right word.

gender rather describes gender behaviour or identity

male: dominant, approaching, loud, male clothes, leather jackets, CAT boots dunno, likes MMA and shooter games

female: passive, responsive, emotional, likes Chick Flicks, likes to dress up etc.

I'm just stating some cliches but I guess that's gender (because it does not mean genital sex)

When a whiny boy gets picked in school for being a girl or hitting like a girl and who likes to play with dolls, that's gender related because they know that his sex is male and he has a Y chromosome

>are so uncommon they hardly register
those faggots are not xxy or some variant, they are just men larping being a women

interestingly some islamic countries have good examples for sex vs gender

here is a Yeminite man who only has daughters but he needs help with his work so one of his daughters became a boy socially so she could help him.
She's very self confident and banters with the boys. The boys say they would tie their sister up if she would do this but they somehow seem to respect and integrate her.
youtube.com/watch?v=EQJ18HPQ_aA
Similar example from Afghanistan. youtube.com/watch?v=prN8pnsBEnA
calles Baccha Posh
She dresses like a boy and is socially a boy and therefor allowed to do boys stuff.

In Afghanistan they have Burneshas. Women who took the male role and were not allowed to marry or have children. They used to do this when there was no male relative available to do it (too old, too young, dead)

In Pakistan there are Hirjas. I have no clue what exactly they are (except trannies) but they also have some cultural role in society. Go to weddings and birthes to sing and dance and bless. They even have seats in the parliament and I read Pakistan wants to allow them their own passport tag.

In Samoa they have Fa_fafine. Boys who are raised as girls and are seen as third gender. When they have relationships with a man it's ok. They don't see themselves as gay.

what about YYZ?

youtube.com/watch?v=LdpMpfp-J_I
thanks for the quick run down! (not shitposting, was actually interesting.)