Get a ticket for disorderly conduct: discharging a firearm

>Get a ticket for disorderly conduct: discharging a firearm
>was shooting pumpkins on the ground in my backyard with a .22
>Sheriff comes to my house about 3 weeks after it happened and asked if there were people shooting a .22 in my yard, I said I did and he told me he got a complaint, and not to shoot in my backyard anymore even though it's legal, but there's just too many other houses around (my backyard is a quarter of an acre, closest house behind mine is about 200 yards away).
>he comes back a week later and tells me that he couldn't say much before, but a window got hit by a .22 and they had detectives investigating it to see if someone was shooting at these people intentionally. Apparently a bullet must have ricocheted off the ground, went through the fence and hit their window, 200 yards away. They saw a bullet hole in my fence and inferred it came from my house.
>After talking to me, he decided it wasn't intentional, which would have been a felony assault charge, but still had to give me a ticket, which amounts to the same as a traffic violation. I had to appear in court by tomorrow.

Flash forward to today

>go to courthouse, they tell me they just got the ticket and it hasn't processed yet. I should call next Tuesday and they'll set me up to talk to him
>ticket has the appearance date of "11/29" despite getting it on DEC. 29th

Can I get out of this shit? Can't they dismiss a ticket with a mistake on It? They didn't have their shit together when I arrived, so it's not eligible or some shit right?

>56%

Deserves your right.
Next mental illness shooter

dont pay and kill the sheriff if he ever steps on your property

If there is one things nigs got right its never trust the police.

You told on yourself lad

They're being a lot nicer than they have to be for this situation. Are you reimbursing your neighbors window because of the damage? I would bend over for the big ol' Sheriff in this one because he's cutting you a lot of slack

bootlicker

Dipshit. Go to an actual property and use a backstop.
I wouldn't shoot on anything less than 20 acres.

This.

You shot at a pumpkin with no backstop 200 yards away from someone elses house? Turn in your guns you fucking idiot. You could have killed someone.

You could have done more damage/ gotten in less trouble with a pellet rifle

Fucking this. A .22 can still kill someone 200 yards away. I remember as a teenager shooting my .22 LR at the 200 yard target and laughing at my Dad and Uncle missing with a scoped 30 06.

Nah, I definitely would have and I asked if that's a possibility, but he said they don't want to inform them of who the bullet came from so it doesn't create a revenge scenario. He says the judge may or may not impose a fine, but their homeowners insurance covered the window so it's all good.

I agree it could have been much worse and I am getting off easy. Could have hit a kid or some shit. I shot in my backyard quite a bit before because I didn't think a .22 pointed at the ground could do something that wonky.

OP’s obviously retarded. You need to state this in a way he can understand:

>OP: u r a reetard. Kys.

OP you're a fucking retard, bullets travel for a lot further than 200 yards.

You have no business owning a gun. Idiots like you give other idiots reason to try to take away my guns.

You retard, that ricochet could have hit someone. You're lucky they didn't push something greater on your 56% functioning brain.

You are shooting on a quarter acre in a neighborhood and apparently nothing to stop bullets from ricocheting into people's houses and you only got a ticket? I'm almost pro gun control now.

If I lied it would have been much worse. They would have seen a .22 registered to my name, the bullet hole in my fence and shells I hadn't swept up yet. Then they would have thrown the book at me after a full investigation.

I'm mostly joking about getting out of it, I mean if I could then great, but I know it should have been worse.

If this is true I hope the judge disarms you. Fuckwits like you who aren't 100% certain where every bullet they fire winds up have no fucking business owning guns.

I know I'm a dumbass, I didn't think a .22 was that strong. I deserve to be bullied but I really didn't want to do any damage.

>Registered

And this is why liberals want to ban our fucking guns. You're an idiot. Everyone in your neighborhood probably thinks you're weird and a white nationalist. Only use your guns at a gun range or in self-defense. Don't shoot shit in your backyard.

>the absolute state of SS13 players
safety protocols with guns are important because guns have the capacity for serious harm. Do your research and be a little less retarded next time, the cops let you off light big time.

never tell the truth to cops. evade everything. make them think you have submitted to their authority. appease them on non consequential questions.

They use psychology against you so do the same to them.

>he endangers his neighbours because he's too much of a faggot to go somewhere safe

Not to be a thisfag but this.

kys. You're a grossly irresponsible shitbag that is now trying to weasel your way out of a severely reduced punishment you 100% deserve.

>talking to police without a lawyer

This, sec was soft on you.

Honestly why didn't you have a good backstop?

This isn't hard

>I would bend over for the big ol' Sheriff in this one because he's cutting you a lot of slack

Not only boot licking but a knob polisher as well.

Better call saul.

100% this.

Know what is behind your target
You are responsible for every bullet.

I hope you apologized to your neighbor and paid for the window

I won't get disarmed, it wasn't a violent crime, just "disorderly conduct". If it was shot during a domestic dispute or some shit then yeah, they can take my guns, but with a misdemeanor I'll just get yelled at and maybe a fine. Sorry guys, I'll hold on to my guns for now and go on a rampage soon, according to y'all

People shoot guns around here all the time, it's right on the edge of the city. You can hear guns shooting all the time, but they probably have backstops and more room. I use subsonic bullets and a filter silencer, so it was silent, but still dumb as fuck.

I've always wondered, in America do you just hear gunshots going off all the time from people shooting stuff in their back yards? Must be pretty noisy

1400 rapes

In rural areas if your neighbor is shooting its
>Bang, bang, bang
In Urban areas its
>popopopopop WEEWOOWEEWOOWEEWOO

it is shit bags like u that give them liberals a reason to take are guns and take are rights. i hope u learnd ur lesson asshole.

Shill slide and divide ignore shillposters and their 56% meme

You’re retarded dude you shouldn’t even own guns. Quarter acre yard? You’re gonna kill someone, or even worse a kid.

>When the first post is the worst post

.22 cant go through wood and stay straight richochet my ass, the bullet loses all of its momentum at even plywood. It hit your fence and stopped, it didnt go through. Dont let them bait you into admit things you didnt do. Get someone to pay for their own window and tell them to charge you for weapon fire if you did it wrong. Find out what you did wrong

rule 1 is always know what in the direction you are pointing your firearm

you need to apologize to the victim
repair the window
and not shoot in your yard for any reason

you can identify the errors in court and ask for a dismissal based on those, but if you havent already made things right they can just refile a new charge

>nice larp

I play on vorestation and call them degenerates.

You should have asked more questions when the sheriff came to you the first time, user

[spoiler]What's your ckey, user?[/spoiler]

This.
You do not possess the mental faculty required to safely operate firearms.
You're really lucky the sheriff is being so lenient with your dumbass.

I live in the suburbs like 85 percent of America. If I leaned out my window and spit I could hit my neighbors house. So no, I don't hear gunshots here. There literally isn't room to shoot. Also it is illegal to discharge a firearm in this county. It's not like we all live in the country where we have enough land to shoot. And if you do have enough land to shoot your neighbors don't care because they're far away.

One day I'll move out of this liberal shit hole and I'll have land to shoot on.

probably yes but consult a lawyer dumbass

Ignore butthurt amuttric-hai shilling against the truth

I hear gun shots about once a week for about 30 minutes.
Not continuous but 2-5shots a minute

>shooting
>no backstop
They should ass rape you, you stupid faggot. Sell your guns and go drink bleach, assholes like you are why its getting harder and harder to shoot on private property.
Fuck you. I hope you end up sucking nigger dick covered in aids infested muslim shit in jail.

I bet you play shitcurity too

>Fuck you. I hope you end up sucking nigger dick covered in aids infested muslim shit in jail.
He lives in America so that's guaranteed

>using insurance to cover a window

Someone's lying.

Lol, not all the time, but outside of city limits you will hear some shots here and there. If you hear gunshots in the city it's a reason to be worried.

You are that retarded.
Google your charge and gun rights.
Smile for the camera, asshole.

Damn. Did you even see a broken window? Sounds like you’re being railroaded. Yes, you can get out of a ticket that’s got the wrong court date. You’re going to need a lawyer.
Never talk to the cops. Never. “I require a lawyer and can not afford one” should be a mantra. Even if they found the weapon registered to you, it’s circumstantial. You didn’t sweep up shells? Almost a month later?
Lazy, and dumb. I agree with most posters, you shouldn’t own any firearms.
I’m not even sure this is real, because I hesitate to believe people are stupid enough to do these things.

>1/4 acre
Do you live in Manhattan or something? That's not even close to what you need for shooting

you need a proper backstop famalam

I live on three acres in the mountains with nothing for a mile and a half behind my property. I hear gun all around. Hell, I shoot in my backyard all the time. I have a dirt pile set up and some targets up against it.

Gun shots muffle surprisingly fast. 200 yards and it sounds more like a pop than a bang. Add in trees and terrain and it muffles even more. They're not as loud as you'd think. Still, I wear ear pro when ever I'm shooting.

Fuck off citynigger, we’re full.

Well I am THAT dumb and it did happen, you faggot. Come out of that screen and say it to my face motherfucker, see what happens.

Post ticket then, dumb dumb. No proof exists in this whole thread.

>registered
Too bad the .22 didn't ricochet and sever your testicles. Never reproduce, user. This is your only warning.

KNOW WHAT IS YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT

MAYBE DONT BE A NIGGER AND USE A BERM INSTEAD

This

If it's anything like here in leafistan you can get that shot dropped with a lawyer. Regardless get a backstop for your bullets so they don't ricochet across the field

>Can I get out of this shit? Can't they dismiss a ticket with a mistake on It? They didn't have their shit together when I arrived, so it's not eligible or some shit right?
No you fucking retard.

The court isn't going to let you get off because some dumb cop wrote the wrong date down.

>b-b-b-but they made a mistake
Yeah, and Magistrate will probably have something snide to say to the cop when he's dragged in to give evidence about it, but the significance of the mistake (none) isn't sufficient to make a prosecution unjust.

Evidence is not the property of the prosecution to secure a conviction, it is the property of the people to see that justice be done.

Exactly. Just because you can bear arms doesn't mean you should.

This. OP turn in your gun like a good goy

Makes sense to me but all I know how to do is shoot straight.

obey the law user.

Count your blessings that you're white. If you were a nigger you would be sitting in a jail cell right now, awaiting charges for attempted murder.

Race or gender mistake might work these days. Claim the whole thing was profiling discrimination etc.

A cop fucked up my ticket big time and the clerk didn't catch it, so I think otherwise that's the only way to get off on something like that.

Leaf post best post

its pasta from /k/ you tards

Stupid nigger.

Yep and they're all from me. Ooga booga

People like you should not be allowed to own firearms. You're just too stupid and irresponsible. Why are you shooting pumpkins in your yard with houses that close to you? You come off as a dumb kid who's going to get somebody killed. On top of that, your the poster boy of the anti-gun lobby. You're a fucking idiot and should be disarmed immediately.

At least you're apologetic about it though, so maybe you'll learn your lesson and realize guns aren't toys. Good luck to you

I would like to announce that I believe OP to be a DISGUSTING TRAITOR, and I resent the fact that I've been given the task of defending him. You should probably just toss him out of the airlock or something, I rest my case Sup Forums.

>Playing gun range in backyard
>Residential houses downrange
>Bullet hits neighbor's window

I would M4 the fuck out of you in self defence if I was in America and you were shooting towards the general direction of my house.

You fucked up
> no officer, I don't shoot guns on my property.
> please come back with a warrent if you have any further questions.

Seriously this. Also build a backstop you nigger.

>Durr hurr only landowners with 20+ acres have rights.

>it's a "retard thinks he's the smartest person in the room" episode
Don't lie to police.

Just don't fucking talk to them.

Dispute the ticket and then pay for your neighbors window. This is a civil matter, not a criminal matter. State needs BTFO.

This but unironically.

i have a 4 acres in the middle of nowhere and I always hear gunshots. I shoot too, so it's just normal. not sure I've heard many shots at night though. it's usually an afternoon / weekend thing.

How old were you when you realized most police are low IQ ZOG foot soldiers???
>b-b-but they shoot niggers!
And they will shoot an unarmed white man just as quick if their jewish law makers tell them to.

what is the capital of England now that London is owned by muslims?

I don't think any of us who agreed with this choice we're being ironic.

This but unironically.

>they don't want to inform them of who the bullet came from so it doesn't create a revenge scenario
>homeowners insurance covered the window

There are more holes in the sheriff's story than the window

It's not a lie if they can't prove it is. Would you rather he acted like an autistic weirdo and immediatly rufuse to talk to the cop before finding out why the cop was there? That shit throws up red flags judges love when issuing warrants. You're fairly retarted, aren't you?

Neighbors dog there's trash bags out of my pickup truck dog chases my cat up a tree take 9mm route Chase dog back to his property and then keep shooting so I can get the neighbors attention they ignore me Sheriff comes says will you discharging a firearm I said yes at what neighbor's dog why it's not on a leash what's that got to do with it with a leash law dogs on a leash why don't you hit the dog by trash bags out of my trash pickup truck take her and treat my cat just as well have a good day I said thank you you too fast forward two years vehicle drives up in my driveway I'm asleep work night shift goes to front door has to drive past 7 sign that says no trespassing do sign say if you knock on my door and I'm asleep expect to be rudely awakened last sign says if you're here to hear banging on my front door screen door is locked not very effective past the past seven signs that say no trespassing sign saying don't show up here or else you would be dead no trespassing sign has to be walked over buy tall legs three foot high sign gun up Smith & Wesson 40 USP 9 laces on both car still running in front I think I'm being attacked when they walk around the front of the house I cannot tell who they are and I say drop your weapons State your purpose and they go something you're dead no warnings given To dr sheriffs are useless

Key to understanding this LARP: "filter silencer"
The sheriff didn't let you off easy because you were guilty of federal gun crimes. Why does everyone want to go Q on us now? Catfishing is for teenagers.

No nigger you didn't get off easy. Nothing you did was illegal. They're railroading you and violating your rights. All you did was exercise your right to shoot guns on your private property. This is a civil matter , not criminal. By paying a fine or pleading guilty you are acknowledging and accepting that you are a nigger slave with zero rights.

Sell your .22 and buy another.
Make them present evidence of you being the shooter.
Demand expertise.
Forget to mention, that you sold your gun and bought another.