Economics during the pinochet regime

did pinochet's economic policies improve chile's standard of living? i'm specifically asking for trustable sources and data.

Other urls found in this thread:

economia.uc.cl/docs/ref_03.pdf
si3.bcentral.cl/estadisticas/Principal1/Excel/CCNN/trimestrales/excel.html
bcn.cl/historiapolitica/hitos_periodo/detalle_periodo.html?per=1925-1973
memoriachilena.cl/archivos2/pdfs/mc0023154.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>i'm specifically asking for trustable sources and data.
KEK! a preemptive ad hom for data that causes cognitive dissonance. Why bother? This is bait and a waste of time. OP can look it up himself. Don't play his game.

how is asking for trustable data an ad hominem?

Pinochet’s economic policies caused the economy to tank. Chile’s gdp per capita has always been above the south american average, except during pinochet. The fact that some people still believe in chicago school economics in the face of overwhelming evidence is beyond me. For sources check out the world bank.

It was great for the already wealthy.
A load of crap for everyone else.

>im only accepting communist and other jewish sources

No, not really. Other nations in that part of the world did better, and they didn't have to get rid of democracy and freedom to do it.

In before edgy "Le throw Le Commies from Le Helicopter" redditors. Pinochet was a pretty big failure, considering he massacred and terrorized his own people for no real reason other than he could.

i didn't start this thread to see physical removal memes nor commiessaying that capitalism=fascism. i want to know about pinochet's regime and it's economical reforms, and to learn about this stuff i need actual data

It's not, Pinochet fans just love to poison the well and argue in bad faith because they know any objective look at his policies and their consequences shows that he was a terrible leader for Chile's economy.

He was a neoliberal

>economical reforms
You mean letting the Chicago School kikes run your economy?

i know about his actions as a dictator, that he killed a lot of people. but i want to know specifically about chile's economy during that period, since i wasn't able to find unbiased data about it

>lemme tell you about your country: the thread

Pinochet was put to power to push globalism and in that he was actually succesfull.

Check out the world bank data.

He was CIA, any good would be incidental.

Otherwise, ahem,

Hue hue hue hue
Br br br br
Tonga je key peuro la vuo
F2p game north american chat crap ping
Tell us oh white and not white of this, grant us your Amazon sight.

>he wants trustable sources and data
even if there are, don't even bother.
if you're going to bring sources and data, or any other facts etc. into an argument with a left-winger, they'll call it all bullshit either way.
The only way leftists will shut the fuck up is by fulling them with lead.

the truth is Southern Chileans seem to like him and Northern Chileans seem to hate him, if you go to Chile you simply never bring him up because people get heated and buttmad about this topic. 1/4 of all Chileans are in Santiago though so I'd assume most of them actually do hate him, though to say most hated him is kind of a bold statement without any sort of research or poll to back it up.

Tell me about your country, amigo.
I am genuinely interested.

the best way to figure this out imo OP is to try and get in touch with actual Chileans and ask them for help in finding sources for you. Foreigners to Chilean soil will never have the full story.

economia.uc.cl/docs/ref_03.pdf

si3.bcentral.cl/estadisticas/Principal1/Excel/CCNN/trimestrales/excel.html

bcn.cl/historiapolitica/hitos_periodo/detalle_periodo.html?per=1925-1973

memoriachilena.cl/archivos2/pdfs/mc0023154.pdf

well, if you go in certain italian regions you will hear about how great mussolini was, even tho it's complete bullshit,so i don't really care about the personal opinion of chileans and since it seems that the only people who actually care about chile's economy during the pinochet regime are either neoliberals/ancaps or commies, if you start a thread about this topic you will soon see physical removal memes or people asking for a proletariat revolution, that's why i asked for data

thanks, that's a start

Here we have the Allende fanboy who is pissed off that he killed himself. Allende wasn't popular at all. He lost the 3 previous elections before the election he won, and even then he won through a plurality, not a Majority.

allende was shit, but it doesn't mean that pinochet was any good