It's a romance anime where the MC confesses very early

>it's a romance anime where the MC confesses very early
>rest of the show is spent actually developing the romance instead of mindless padding
Why don't modern anime do this more often? Why do they almost always conclude at the confession/going out stage? Are we supposed to assume everything goes perfectly for the main couple from there and they get happily married?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9iwVuEpK0As
youtube.com/watch?v=zlWWdxz7oDk
youtube.com/watch?v=TDz9_u71X-k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because nips are scared shitless of genuine relationships.

Not exactly rare in shoujo

Because being honest about your feelings is not very Japanese.

>Why don't modern anime do this more often? Why do they almost always conclude at the confession/going out stage?
Because it's a different story structure that's become more popular in anime, it's that simple.

>Are we supposed to assume everything goes perfectly for the main couple from there and they get happily married?
This is just autism. Whether it "goes perfectly" or not, whatever issues they have after that, aren't part of the story being told.

Also, Maison Ikkoku is full of mindless misunderstanding padding, what the fuck are you on about?

>aren't part of the story being told.
OP is asking why that story is constantly told, idiot.

Because ending the slog getting to the confession doesn't actually solve the problem, it only changes it. You can just as easily make a boring follow-up story to the confession that never amounts to anything and is just a bore after the first few episodes, save the occasional fun moments and side character antics. But then again, that's what you'd get from the tired original storyline to begin with.

Also, pic very much related but also not awful.

The part I quoted seemed to be a specific criticism of that story, and I'm saying that that criticism is silly. You don't have to assume that everything goes perfectly (though in most cases yes, you should assume they eventually get married). Other issues may or may not arise in the future, they just aren't included, just like other issues may or may not arise even after people get married.

go away digi

Maison Ikkoku has more character development in single chapters/episodes than garbage like Nisekoi does in its entirety.

I have literally no clue what makes you associate me with e-celebs, but fuck off and kill yourself, cancer.

Are you or are you not denying that MI is full of padding?

Because you lose much material to work with. See Futaba kun change. The relationship developed and solidified and BAM author wrote themself into a corner.

Not the point you sperglord. Yes it has padding, that isn't 99% of the show like many of its contemporaries.

Probably because you sound exactly like one.

Are you seriously stupid enough to believe it would've been any different and/or better if the author/writer of that work continued to pad out a non-developed relationship? How stupid are you?

You're mischaracterizing it either way, though I'm not about to defend Nisekoi. There are plenty of pre-confession shows that aren't like that, though. I'd call Cross Game a stronger romance than MI, for example.

> its contemporaries
I don't think that means what you think it means.

>I'd call Cross Game a stronger romance than MI, for example
>the expect the audience to care about a girl who lasts 1 episode all the way through
What an idiot.

why would you watch the anime after reading the manga?

Maison Ikkoku has an excellent anime adaptation.

sell it to me

Inherited most of the Urusei Yatsura production team, which means high quality visual direction and animation, especially for a TV Series. They go to huge lengths to bring the early 80s japan setting to life and it looks amazing.

All-star VA cast: Sumi Shimamoto, Akira Kamiya, Toshio Furukawa, Shigeru Chiba among others. They do an amazing job.

God tier soundtrack by Takuo Sugiyama and Kenji Kawai, which adds another layer of atmosphere on top of the already stellar visual direction:

youtube.com/watch?v=9iwVuEpK0As

youtube.com/watch?v=zlWWdxz7oDk

youtube.com/watch?v=TDz9_u71X-k

The only real problem with the anime is the faggot producer from FujiTV who told the production team to stop drawing Kyoko with long pants and have her wear skirts all the time.

>doesn't have the BDs
Dumbass.

>Why don't modern anime do this more often?
Hajimete no Gal does exactly that and is getting an anime this summer.

But I agree that this is generally preferable to will-they-or-won't-they bullshit and is criminally uncommon.

>faggot producer from FujiTV who told the production team to stop drawing Kyoko with long pants and have her wear skirts all the time.
FUCK WHY. Fuck your traditional values.

Why would I? I have read the manga multiple times and heard that the anime is a faithful adaptation. I'm not interested in audiobooks.

I liked the Urusei Yatsura anime. Maybe I should give it a chance just for that 80's anime feel.

Because at the end of the day, a manga is just a series of paper sheets with drawings on them. It's always worth checking out the anime for a different experience.

The VAs alone add a huge amount to the experience.

>something adapted to a different medium is completely redundant if you don't change the plot

> a manga is just a series of paper sheets with drawings on them

I'm not sure which of you is more of a faggot.

You have to keep it ambiguous in order to keep all the various girls you added to pander to your audience in the running.

Second one is a fact, moron.

Probably because modern anime is targeted towards otaku, who are scared of real relationship. That is why now every girl in anime should be a virgin, because otherwise it will simple not sell well. Characters, like Kyoko are really rare.

It's much easier to write an emotionally effective story before they get together than after they get together. Before the confession or first kiss or whatever the climax is the tension is built around will they or won't they. I hope they do is the feeling you will get out of this. On the other end of the spectrum if you want conflict in an already flourished relationship the most common way to add that is some kind of mechanism to break them up. The feeling from that is a bit more negative.

Because romance for boys is, as here, based on achievement and overcoming the struggle, instead of about understanding and relationships..

That's a good point. I tend to see romance in plateaus rather than amorphously so I like romance in arcs that build. Never thought about it in a different perspective than that.

Maison Ikkoku was all misunderstanding and grievance of an idealized dead man 'till the end. It's not different to Nisekoi in the context of the main characters finally putting their pants / starting to be honest with themselves in the last two dozens of episodes. By some way, it felt a bit jarring at times and when Yusaku wanted to slap Kyouko, but half stopped because everyone was watching them was more of pent up anger towards her than him manning himself.

>but desu, Clichekoi's main girl admitted she liked the MC way sooner than Kyouko. The biggest issue was the fucking MC

For starters, I think Katsura's I''s and Video Girl Ai showed a better description of romance than Takahashi's romcoms or more modern shonen harem series. At least in I''s the MC was actively trying to win the MG, won her in the middle of the manga, argued, broke up because of their conflicting goals and returned with her in the end.

Washed down because it was aired before Dragon Ball. It missed out the miraculous sex scene and the explicit sexual situations.

But first, let's get real with facts... MI is a Seinen manga aimed at university students and most of the actual romcoms are either otaku-pandering series based on visual novels, videogames or eroges (and most of them get manga adaptations... aimed at late shonen or early seinen demographics)... then there's shonen romcom that pander towards late elementary school kids and early junior high pre-teens (Nisekoi is a clear example. It was published in the WSJ, had WAY TOO LESS fanservice and ecchi than other romcom... at least in the manga, the premise revolved around a very childish thing mixed with Reverse Romeo and Juliet). You can't compare them because they are/were aimed towards DIFFERENT demographic targets.

Because it's written for people who don't know about relationships, by people who don't know about relationships

>Maison Ikkoku was all misunderstanding and grievance of an idealized dead man 'till the end
t. Idiot who didn't read the manga or watch the show.

Soichiro was barely mentioned after the half-way point until the very end. Kyoko was even about to marry Mitaka around episode-50, and didn't think of Soichiro for one second.

>>it's a romance anime where the MC confesses very early

When the lead is manly dude instead of some spineless cuck, it happens.

Because you're a normalfag.

When the couple gets together early you either get
>drama because misunderstanding
>one cheats on the other
>they break up
>they stay together and become an annoying バカップル
>they move up to the whole sexual tension thing until they fuck, and after that they become sex crazed rabbits
No thanks

>prefers more believable romance over highly idealized, mindless romance
>n-normalfagg!!!!
Idiots like you are the reason anime has gotten worse on average.

t. normalfag

Thanks for confirming. And yes, I do watch anime to escape, because I'm not a normalfag.

Most writers can't write romance for shit in anime, or most media in general. If they went beyond the confession scene, you'll see how boring the actual relationship is.

>escape
More like to fulfill your laughably idiotic wishes.

From the way you wrote that it seems like you had a confident insult, failing to realise you said

>escape
>More like to escape

>Why do they almost always conclude at the confession/going out stage?
MI is guilty of this as well.
Are we supposed to assume everything goes perfectly for the main couple from there and they get happily married?
A last minute time skip to show us how happy the couple is in the future is no better than ending the story with characters getting together.

i mean i love maison ikkoku, but it takes like 5 years for them to get together and there are constant misunderstandings everywhere

You don't even know what you're talking about more. Such is the nature of tiny brained idiots seeking nothing but wish fulfillment.

Maison Ikkoku concludes with marriage. As for the rest of the show, it's clearly above and beyond things like confessions and the like. Retards like yourself can't appreciate the nuanced relationship development it has, and therefore can't see the difference between it and a show like Nisekoi.