DO HEAVEN AND HELL EXIST ???

Many people might say "well the soul is immaterial, and it's the soul that goes to heaven". But the issue with this is: how does one experience with "a soul" ? We already know that feelings and emotions can be heightened or disabled entirely by manipulating the PHYSICAL material of your body. All feeling can be removed by removing your touch sensors. All 6 of your senses can be removed by destroying parts of the brain, but you will still be sentient - and I don't think christians would claim that a person's soul has left while they're still alive. It's the same with thought - we can reduce your thinking property by destroying parts of the brain, or we can increase it by taking adderall (physical effect) meaning these 2 are undeniably linked to each other.

Bible says in Luke 16:24 about a beggar in hell:
"and he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame."
meaning there's clearly PHYSICAL feeling and emotion in hell. How can these be felt, when feeling and emotion, and even thought, are by definition properties of the PHYSICAL body and ego? If the soul goes to heaven,but the soul cannot be EXPERIENCED, then how is "heaven" different from the buddhist conception of complete disappearance?

The bible also describes heaven as a place of eternal bliss, but how does one experience "bliss" ? Is that not also an emotion?
And if the bible is only metaphorical when it describes feelings and emotions in heaven/hell, what are they metaphorical OF?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t_RwcGzGurc&feature=youtu.be
youtu.be/-dWQ2WzQCFc
youtube.com/watch?v=UtykdDoaAnY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Anatta doctrine in word of Buddha says the following:
"Individual existence, as well as the whole world, are in reality
nothing but a process of ever-changing phenomena which are all
comprised in the five Groups of Existence. This process has gone
on from time immemorial, before one’s birth, and also after one’s
death it will continue for endless periods of time, as long, and as
far, as there are conditions for it. As stated in the preceding texts,
the five Groups of Existence—either taken separately or combined—in
no way constitute a real Ego-entity or subsisting
personality, and equally no self, soul or substance can be found
outside of these Groups as their ‘owner’. In other words, the five
Groups of Existence are ‘not-self’ (anatt ), nor do they belong to
a Self (anattaniya). In view of the impermanence and conditionality
of all existence, the belief in any form of Self must be
regarded as an illusion.
Just as what we designate by the name of ‘chariot’ has no existence
apart from axle, wheels, shaft, body and so forth: or as the
word ‘house’ is merely a convenient designation for various
materials put together after a certain fashion so as to enclose a
portion of space, and there is no separate house-entity in existence:
in exactly the same way, that which we call a ‘being’ or an
‘individual’ or a ‘person’, or by the name ‘I’, is nothing but a
changing combination of physical and psychical phenomena, and
has no real existence in itself"

There is, however, good reason to believe that the universe is not material alone. In fact, there are experiments that fairly conclusively show that all things in existence are initially nothing more than a data stream of probability, which then gets plucked out into actuality when observed. This could be translated into the language of "soul", meaning that there is no existence outside of the souls that experience it. This fits well with the christian doctrine of the universe being a sandbox before the next level

link related

>DO HEAVEN AND HELL EXIST ???
Do happiness and misery exist? If yes, then yes. Heaven and hell are here now if happiness and misery are here now.

youtu.be/-dWQ2WzQCFc

No they dont because god doesnt exist either, the universe itself is eternal and goes in cycles of expansion and diminishing back into a miniscule particle that explodes again. All existence is subservient to determinism

>If yes, then yes. Heaven and hell are here now
This is an explicit denial of the afterlife. This reduces heaven and hell to metaphors of temporary physical emotions

lmfao, almost as good as this
youtube.com/watch?v=UtykdDoaAnY

Yes, in one sense, no in another, yes and no in a mixture of senses, not at all and maybe and definitely at once and eternally
Hail Satan

>Just as what we designate by the name of ‘chariot’ has no existence
apart from axle, wheels, shaft, body and so forth: or as the
word ‘house’ is merely a convenient designation for various
materials put together after a certain fashion so as to enclose a
portion of space, and there is no separate house-entity in existence:

Object oriented developers btfo

When traveling at the speed of light. Time does not exist. Eternity.

Light is God. God is light. Light is energy. Energy moves things.

The very energy that allows this universe to move, is an interaction between light and another field we consider to be the space around us. This is called the high field. Light is the only thing that flawlessly moves through this Higs field. Everything else gains mass and weight, making it much more difficult to move, in comparison.

Here is a wiki quote on the Higs field.
>"The Higgs field is a field of energy that is thought to exist in every region of the universe. The field is accompanied by a fundamental particle known as the Higgs boson, which is used by the field to continuously interact with other particles, such as the electron."

Take this info as you will, cause I'm heavily questioning the universe and spirituality right now.

>Bible says
Stopped reading right there.

not called the "high field" lol

Higgs field*

DO JOBS EXIST?

GET ONE

If Hell exists, God is evil and Satan was a heroic rebel.

Prove me wrong.

>How can these be felt, when feeling and emotion, and even thought, are by definition properties of the PHYSICAL body and ego?
If the soul is interfaced to the brain and gets fed a data stream of emotion and feeling, then theres no reason it cant be interfaced to something else that feeds it emotion and feeling.

trips checked, also this comments makes no sense

>apart from axle, wheels, shaft, body and so forth
You missed the point, the point is that the "chariot" in and of itself is not manifest, it's just a word that we designate to the concatenated entity that consists of those parts

also OOP is king

>When traveling at the speed of light. Time does not exist. Eternity.
This is true, and very interesting

Do you think heaven is a soul travelling at light speed? This is not hard to believe, considering we have particles/waves that are observable that move at C

yes they do

Although I've yet to experience heaven.

take a look at this world, it's complete hell.

>You missed the point
It's called a joke son

>heaven
no
>hell
yes, you're living in it

I'm not a christian personally, the reason i bring up the bible is because it's the most common reference point for afterlife in western societies

But user I already have a job and also go to uni what now

>Satan was a heroic rebel.
Idk if this is true, if "good" is defined as "what god wants and does", then rebellion against it (sin) has to be defined as "bad"

Unless your argument is that the created thing creates the rules

>If the soul is interfaced to the brain and gets fed a data stream of emotion and feeling
No, the brain is fed electric impulses that translate into emotion and feeling - i guess this depends on whether you believe the "soul" to be a necessary component in the experience of feeling or not

This isn't politics

3edgy

existence of Hell and metaphysics isn't politics you fucking idiot

lol, fuck off to the other 500 threads then you mong, why put all your focus on whining about this one?

everyone says this shit, do you not see how this is a denial of afterlife?

Heaven is existence with God which can be chosen. Hell is existence separated from God, which is chosen.

Given the existence of Brock and his shill faggots army, I would say yes hell exists

There is literally a board for this exact discussion though.

/r9k/

>This is an explicit denial of the afterlife. This reduces heaven and hell to metaphors of temporary physical emotions
Yes, I'm glad you understood my point. There is no afterlife. There is only now. We imagine the future now; we think of an afterlife now. We remember the past now. Everything happens now.

Fuck off with your Eastern philosophy shit

>being a physical materialist
You don't even believe in a soul nigger, what are you playing at?
This is pasta by the way.

Yes.
New Jersey and The Playboy Mansion respectively still exist.

>higgs field
That's as retarded as ether why the fuck do they come up with another "ether" and now think it's a good idea?

I think our human bodies and human perspectives are not able to comprehend or even begin to try to understand what its like to be pure light.

With my understanding of the universe right now, I'm not able to make an assumption of what it could be like.

I've also been theorizing this concept of light vs dark. Or perhaps a better way to state that is +/-. So many things in our natural world operate with polar opposite things (magnetic fields, electrons, earth, etc.)

Ying and Yang. For every action there is an equal opposite reaction in the world. If I burn a piece of wood, it loses energy, +/-. In the grand scale of things, its also very possible that the entire universe is a perfectly stable, yet incredibly complex bi-polar energy.

God doesn't necessarily need to be omniscient or exist within the perspective of humans. God assumably could just be a perfect universe. But that begs the question, how is all this even possible.

I believe in hell. I hope that there is no heaven

all that matters is if you believe they exist or not senpai

No Heaven and Hell don't exist. Their purpose of existing is filled with fallacy and their lore has been stolen from pagan religions.

The universe was created during the Big Bang. Every single piece of matter was created in that moment being that all that was and all that ever will be came from the same thing.

Stars formed and within them the elements we are made from were created therefore we are born from stars in one way or another.

God is to the universe as the individual soul is to man. God is quite literally The soul of the universe God is the Highest.

Consciousness is the universes way of seeing itself. The individual immortal soul exists as a part of god meant to exist in reality in order to learn to be one with the Highest through reincarnation of mortal existence

I believe evil and good otherwordly temporal beings exist. I don't know about heaven and hell. I hope not man. I'm not the best person in the world. I've done some degenerate stuff like drugs and drinking, but I've always been good to others and treated others as I'd want to be treated. I'm cleaning up my act now and seriously thinking about whether or not I should start going to church. It seems like the Lord Jesus Christ has been showing me signs in every day life that it's time to come to him. I'm considering it desu.

No. Hell doesnt even exist in christianity, or other abrahamic religons, it was added post "fact".

if you want to origin of christianity and its myths, search for zoroastrianism, which created the duality of good and evil adopted by abrahamic religions later on.

If you want the root root, search for the caanite religions of the area that gave all the stories and lore to it, from the time of the pharaos, yahwe is only one god, of many, there was an entire pantheon. This is why many original versions of the bible speak of "gods", not "god".

Either way, no. I do not believe in either hell or heaven.

If Hell exist, then i want to go there to meet some cool people, like Tesla, Einstein, Hitler, Diogen (nice troll and ancient Sup Forumsitard), first men that invented fire, Lenin, Tolstoy, Rasputin and good old Satan, of cource!
Ah, that would be awesome.

there are no particles though, nothing is manifest until it's observed:

All Jews go to Hell

Hell is the abyss when we neglect our duties towards society and Heaven is the paradise that we leave to our children.

Jesus Christ and all 12 of his apostles were jews so obviously not

maybe because there is no afterlife you mong
everything you see and know is the result of electrical processes in your mind. when you die, you're just fucking gone. the information is still there, everything you were and did is there forever, waiting to be strapped to the event horizon of a black hole and blasted back into space over a length of time so incredibly long that it may as well be forever
but your life will be done.

Heaven and hell are human concepts.

Life is eternal, even after we leave these three dimensions.

The universe is always in balance. Death is the great equalizer.

So in essence, yes.

Source: Im god.

Yes there are various Heavenly Dimensions and also various Hellish Dimensions which are temporary dwelling places for sentient beings with an excess of good or bad karma. They also function as a metaphor for Heavenly and Hellish mindstates of individuals.

Souls aren't real and your mental is influenced from the amount of chemicals available. Nerves are real and you're not a god.

Let me break this down for you.
Source: I wrote the bible in a previous life.

Heaven is what reality will become if everyone lives a pious life.
Hell is what reality will become when everyone sins.

It's that simple.
By the way we are currently living in hell.

Just remember: It's all just concepts that some smart people (me in a previous life) a long time ago sat down and wrote in a way that would catch on with the stupid people. They were just trying to build a better world.

Stop talking about magic and fairytales faggot, you're gonna go crazy trying to question and rationale things in a book that were written by a bunch of sand niggers LARPing as prophets, etc.

It's a lot of horse shit. There are some great stories and morals to be learned, but so is there in LOTR or Back to the Future. It's fantasy.

Fucking sad ass boomer, keep loving that dead ass kike on a stupid ass stick. I bet you give money to the church like some asshole too. I needs my poor white gibs and EBT but here ya go pastor, $50 for lying to my fucking face. There is literally no difference between the niggers and poor white trash that eatthis shit up. I'm willing to bet most have extremely average IQs or less.

Fucking hell.

Do politics exist? Saged for OP being a retarded mongoloid.

Mental gymnastics at it's finest

Luke 16:23 "In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham from afar, with Lazarus by his side."

What is Hades?

Hades is a temporary place where souls are kept as they await the final resurrection.

The souls of the righteous, at death, go directly into the presence of God—the part of sheol called “heaven,” “paradise,” or “Abraham’s bosom”. The souls of the unrighteous, at death, go directly into the presence of Darkness---the part of sheol that is describes as "torture", "hell", etc.