Even KyoAni fans say the light novel is pretty bad, are you worried for the adaptation?

Even KyoAni fans say the light novel is pretty bad, are you worried for the adaptation?

Other urls found in this thread:

mimidoshima.wordpress.com/2017/03/11/nier-automata-review/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The only three who have read it said they like it.

I don't even care about the story, it's Kyoani, I'm just watching for the eyecandy.

So far I've only seen one anonymous poster say he likes it, the other two are twitterfags, one made a review a couple days ago and it wasn't favorable.

No. KyoAni has a habit of adapting godawful light novels and transforming them into works of genius.

No. Every single source the adapted till now was bad anyways.

Phantom World, Kyokai no Kanata and Chuu2 Ren were pretty bad to be honest.

Recent Kyoani TV show trends point to it being bad, the source material points to it being bad, light novel adaptations are statistically all bad, the only other show by the director was bad. I'm sceptical, but I sure wouldn't mind being surprised.

KyoAni is great at adapting mediocre stuff. Just look at Maid Dragon.

Maidragon is great. What problems do you have with it?

The manga is like a 5/10 at best.

And you think the show is any good?

Most of what's in the anime was in the manga.

>are you worried for the adaptation?
no

it's kyoani, so I already know it's garbage

They haven't made a good show in quite some time now.

it's boring as shit

2017 wasn't that long ago.

a very long time

That 7 was meant to be a 1, right?

>maidragon was 20 years ago

The show is great.

I know. By leaving out the dumb shit they have increased its quality substantially.

This.

What dumb shit?

Great how?

Out of those 3, only Chuuni deserves to be called pretty bad.

Not really

All of them are 4/10s

I haven't seen Chuuni 2, but I struggle to imagine something much worse than the other two.

That's very generous of you.

No. It's not like this is a sequel to a beloved classic or something and I'm not swayed by awards. I'm looking forward to it simply because I prefer to enjoy my hobby. I'll reserve any judgement until I see the product with my own eyes.

I mean, KnK and Panthom world weren't great but Chuuni was so fucking bad that pairing them together is not fair

>being sensible

How presumptuous.

>It is such a wonderful book that makes me want to love more and more as I write this post.

>But I can’t.

>This novel when taken as a whole is so flawed I cannot recommend this book to anyone. Nobody. Even people who are interested in it.

mimidoshima.wordpress.com/2017/03/11/nier-automata-review/

It's frankly surprising that people thought it'd be any good to begin with.

Serious question here. Is there actually a good Japanese LN? All the things I have read are dreadful to say the least.

I'm more concerned with the difference in visual quality between the two PVs.

>muh shit taste

You're on the wrong side of that argument to be making accusations of shit taste.

Hey, don't you dare to have a reasonable opinion, you fag.

They haven't made a good show ever.

Yes

I honestly just watch majority of their shows/films because of the animation + cute background character designs.

She's got some mighty fingers.

What they added was far worse than what they removed.

Episode 9 is one of the most unoriginal episodes I've seen in a long time.
And no one mentions how using Kanna in the sportsfestival was basically cheating.
Saikawa cried though, so that makes it okay?

>using Kanna in the sportsfestival was basically cheating.
She's part of the class, it's not cheating at all.

I know it's not technically cheating, but that's only because no one at the school knows she's a dragon.

She didn't use her dragon powers.

Are you seriously arguing over cheating in a fictional children's sports festival? There's a good reason no one mentions it.

Bullshit.
No way she would've caught up with all the others and end up winning by only using human 3rd grader powers. She wanted to impress and/or console Saikawa.

Why is that a problem?
It was clearly intended to be an emotional when Kanna saved Saikawa from embarrassment, but the way they did it as just predictable, unoriginal and not well thought out.

It's kyoani, transforming shitty LNs into great anime is their speciality. I would be very surprised if it doesn't turn to be good.

I'm a huge kyoani fag though so I'm obviously biased. I even liked Phantom World.

Right is delicious, honestly. I want to see the other characters now.