How hard is it to bake a cake?

For some background, Melissa's Sweet Cakes was a bakery in Gresham, Oregon, a suburb of Portland, Oregon. They refused to serve a gay couple and were fined 135k. They received nearly 3 times that amount (possibly more we don't know about!) from private donations given online. They now, to my knowledge, operate a business out of their private home. And home-run businesses ARE allowed to discriminate against gays because they are not open to the public.

registerguard.com/rg/news/local/36288222-75/story.csp

The Oregon Court of Appeals on Thursday upheld a ruling of illegal discrimination and a $135,000 fine levied by labor commissioner Brad Avakian against the owners of a Gresham bakery who refused to make a wedding cake for a gay couple in 2013.

The appeals court rejected the contention from Aaron and Melissa Klein, the bakers, that being required to make that wedding cake violated their constitutional freedom of speech or religion.

“The Kleins seek an exemption based on their sincere religious opposition to same-sex marriage,” Judge Chris Garrett wrote in the opinion. “But those with sincere religious objections to marriage between people of different races, ethnicities, or faiths could just as readily demand the same exemption.”

The Kleins failed to prove that the state had unfairly targeted them due their religious beliefs, or that the $135,000 in damages for emotional distress that Avakian awarded to Rachel and Laurel Bowman-Cryer, the gay couple, was “out of line with previous cases,” the court ruled.

The Oregon case, involving the now-shuttered Sweet Cakes by Melissa, and others like it captured national attention during the campaign to legalize same-sex marriage across the country.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
archive.is/gK3Si
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fuck you faggot

How hard is it to find a Muslim whole pig BBQ?

You can get an explosion of flavours in a mulsim bakery.

>How hard is it to bake a cake?
Then bake your own damn cake faggot.
Off to donate now, thanks for the heads up OP
Capcha: Beste Bakers

The victim complex Christians have is truly unbelievable.

imagine thinking a god would actually care about this shit. pretty sure all these fucks have done worse that can be judged than making a fucking cake for a gay couple.

How hard is it to not enslave people?

discord gg/XB5FX3u

add a .

Fags Can't Into Capitalism: failing to take advantage of 2 huge niche market opportunities, gay ass bakeries and gay ass divorce lawyers.

That only applies to lesbians.

I was trained in college as a Chef; I grew up and got a better and real job later in life, but still bake and cook to retain those skills (waste not). I regularly make wedding cakes for bake sale fundraisers as a joke (it's fun watching people fight over it). If faggots claim to be creative and artistic, then why didn't a few of them open a bakery? Instead they went shopping for discrimination to sue for power and money.

And faggots wonder why they're not liked.

Why do you think anyone should be compelled to make a cake they don't want to make?

These are not cases of gays walking in and buying cakes already made, or on offer, they're asking for specific cakes, and then suing when they're not made. It's really not far off from a black-owned bakery being sued after refusing to make a Confederate flag cake.

If a private business owner doesn't want to offer a product (say, a rainbow-colored gay pride cake), I don't see how the government should be allowed to coerce them to do so.

The victim complex LGBTs have is truly unbelievable.

They aren't asking for an unusual service. It taxes the baker no more to make layers of cake for one person than another. I agree they cannot be forced to WRITE specific words on a cake, but just to make one that has the flavorings the customer desires for a particular purpose, that is part of ordinary business conduct and denying it due to class membership is merely discrimination.

How exactly is the cake pictured offensive to Christians? If superstition is their only reason that is not good enough reason to allow them unique privileges towards invidious distinction of others.

You seriously think the first pic you posted isn't a tad bit over-dramatic?

No, they are brainwashed to feel constantly persecuted if anyone doesn't accept their dogma wholesale.

Poor faggots. Most of them were sexually abused as children, and they have higher rates of STD than normal people. What are they going to do after kikes are removed from North American soil?

Are people not being forced against their beliefs and will to do something they don't want to do? And if failing to do so, being punished with force?

Are gays more likely to be pedophiles?

archive.is/gK3Si

>buttplug centerpiece
>AIDs blood filling

just bake the cake and put a giant buttplug on it.

That looks kitsch as F

Well, or more practically put up signs with your favorite anti-gay bible verses in a store and put up a sign saying you don't personally agree with gay marriage. You are allowed to do that, just not to refuse service. That would still scare away gay customers though. It is not like Melissa's Sweet Cakes had a big "No Gay Weddings!" sign.

I was forced to bake a Christian wedding cake

>t. Atheist baker

Kys faggot. You faggots just keep pushing and pushing. Well its either going to flip back to old times soon enough, or islam is going to take control then you're really in for a "good" time

stupid cunt, trying to use government force to strip people of their ability to choose

Let me tell you about the jews.

People are forced to do things against their will/believes all the time by the law.

If baking a cake is already is so distressing to you, cry me a river and hope you don't ever have to suffer under actual oppression.

Stop bitching. I've had to serve Christians but I keep my mouth shut because I don't want to be in deep shit

I look forward to helping real Canadians clean up the mess when we get done down here.

Just open up a bakery that only supplies cakes for heterosexual celebrations.

Anyone can order one, there is no discrimination, but you can only buy cakes for heterosexual themed celebrations.

I'd be afraid to eat that cake for fear of what might be in it, my bet is semen, lots of semen.

One should have the right to take a pass on a contract that they dont want. It's a free enterprise not indentured servitude, you obnoxious attention seeking faggots

>making a fucking cake

It's nothing to do with that, it's being asked to facilitate an ungodly abomination upon the face of His Earth, namely the 'marriage' of sodomites.

>They refused to serve a gay couple
Reminder that all of this happened because they explicitly said they wouldn't make the cake because the couple were gay. Had they said they didn't like their clothing, or their accent, or even their hair color, there would be no grounds for a lawsuit.

You can still discriminate against anyone you want. You just need to maintain plausible deniability while doing it. Sucks that you can't discriminate in the open, but you have to be living under a rock not to see which way the wind blows these days. That bakery fucked themselves for no good reason.

more like your 8yo son likes the color pink cut his dick or face social services
also let me fuck her pedophobe

>That would still scare away gay customers though
It would attract even more faggots seeking a pay day from lawsuits. The best thing to do would be to just make a really shitty cake.

The problem with faggots, aside from their disgusting way of life, is that tolerance isn't enough for your kind. You want to be more important than everyone else, despite the fact that faggots represent such a small percentage of the human populace.
That, and the child abuse. I can't wait to kill people like you.

I know all about them.

Christianity really is a jew religion taking pride in being a martyr.

>censoring fucking
But why you fag?

Did you know handicapped people make up a tiny percentage of the population? Are you against building ramps and easy access doors for people in wheelchairs in every building?

>Implying Christians would go to an Atheist baker in the first place.

You're attacking religious beliefs and the right to hold them by suggesting that someone has to, despite their beliefs, participate in a gay "wedding"
cakes are a service provided by privately owned companies for the most part
they are not a right
you should have the right to refuse service to christians if your pozzed brain gets triggered by them, just as normal people should be able to refuse service to someone that rejects and spites their beliefs
you think the law matters in something like this? You think people are just going to lay down and accept being pulled into a gay enforced future?
You do realise this kind or rhetoric and political movement is only putting gay people in danger in the long run, right? Have fun being part of a dying breed once you start to get purged in the womb boyo

I don't advertise my atheism, you utterly retarded Christfag.

Gayfag here.
If I ever get married to another man, I wouldn't want such a faggy, blatantly political, tacky looking cake like that. And I don't think Christian bakeries should be forced to bake cakes for us.
Us faggots already know how to bake lol...but some queens just wanna feel daddy's oppression just one more time.

I'm so sorry heteros. I hate my own people. Call me an Uncle Tom Faggot. Sue me.

/disdain

So gays are handicapped, good to know.

>discriminate
You are confusing a moral choice to not associate with degenerates as discrimination.

The handicapped don't advocate sexual abuse of children while intentionally spreading HIV, you spineless kike.

It's either all or nothing. Either you discriminate against whomever you want, or you cant discriminate whomever you want. Christians should follow the rules until all discrimination is lawful

>Implying that Christians just go into random bakeries instead of going to the bakery owned by the guy who attends their local church.
>Implying that I'm Christfag.
Stop assuming my religion, fascist scum.

The only thing you know all about is taking dick in your ass.

hopefully the current case before SCOTUS goes in favor of religious conscience, and the faggots not only don't get 135k but have to fork over the baker's legal fees as well.

Got a source on that?

>Rachel and Laurel Bowman-Cryer, the gay couple,
I'm guessing it's French or something stupid, but how the fuck is Rachel a man's name? So is one of them a tranny or what?

What the fuck is it with gays and being as degenerate as possible in public? And I don't only mean full-on pride parade degeneracy, but also affecting a stupid fucking lisp and dressing like a teenage girl. Is this just the vocal minority, or are there really so few homosexuals who dress, sound, and act like normal men?

Lesbians.

>it's okay to be a child molester
lol no, sweetie. Die, chomo.

I think they are dykes.

They have gay pride in rural Iowa now. Do you think there is lots of nudity there? Do you think it is possible that gays could inherently be more at risk for some speech impediments?

Are gays more likely to be pedophiles?

archive.is/gK3Si

And point proven.

See you in the next thread fags.

By God, how can this much stupidity be condensed into a single person?

Yes

What is NAMBLA? Who is Scott Wiener?
Seriously, when the time comes, someone is going to cave your skull in for you.

I would just bake an incredibly shitty cake, possibly with maggots in it.

They couldn't prove shit about it being done on purpose.

Pot calling the kettle black

the world was better when poofters hid in the closet.

Love isn't love. Your love is sinful, disgusting, and degenerate. Even if we're fine letting you destroy your life (and you will, stats on gay mental illness, drug use, and risky behavior don't lie), why should we be dragged into your nightmare?

Go smoke some meth and get your asshole ripped apart by 20 men, you std-ridden freak.

Not even religious and will always side with them, I guess i'm a brainlet for not understanding the intellectual hobbies of sliding penis into butthole and filling it with aids.

Fucking, I've gotten so used to them using gay for fudge packers.
Anyway, that clears it up, cheers.

Oh wow, a completey irrelevant organization that is shunned from all gay events? You sure showed me.

Christians will follow the law until its anti Christian
You've won the battle not the war
Take a look at human history
Who do you think will dominate? Considering the nations gays have been accepted into are essentially crashing and burning and will be replaced demographically by populations that dont share such progressive ideals

And thats the likely scenario
Say whites rebound and take back control
You're going to be dealing with increasingly radicalised groups that consider you an affront to civility, to society, to god even
exacerbated by publicity stunts like these where its an exercise of spite, of domination
idiots didnt wait at all

Fucking hell*

For me the idea of two faggots eating shit covered dicks is disgusting.

You have gay marriage now.

Fresh from my "Fags" folder...

You didnt even read what I wrote, considering it's written within that context to begin with. Stupid pozzed cunt just looking for provocation because you have no real arguments, you're just waving your dick around like a true brainlet.

The gay community actually has some surprising parallels to this shithole. The majority of them are quietly hiding their power levels, but the community as a whole has its public image tainted by a couple fags who don't know how to do that. The gays you see on T.V. are the equivalent of the stormfags who hang swastikas outside to be edgy.

The problem is that the gay community is so much larger than this place and thus the total number of assholes is a lot larger.

how about i bake your decapitated head shoved dick inside your ass, little faggot
I'll make it extra creamie

Except gay sex is low key tolerated behind closed doors in Muslim countries, as long as the men dress as women. Cry me a fucking river.

Gay marriage is legal now. Discrimination against gays was already illegal in Australia. There are no exceptions in your law for religious people. In Australia, there is NO doubt that religious people with publicly-open businesses MUST serve gay customers equally.

Say that to a mussies, Jew or nigger... You won't though, because you only hate white people.

>And point proven.
You never even made a point you raging homo.

Yes. The disabilities act is a fuckin scam that ruined many honest businesses.

>Do you think it is possible that gays could inherently be more at risk for some speech impediments?
Talking like a girl is not a speech impediment. It is an intentional act, done to sound more effeminate.

Oh yeah gays are totally not mistreated or straight up murdered in islamic countries. Better to look at outliner cases like iran that force people into going trans if they're found to be gay or die. Huuuuuuuurrrrr

Yeah and gays will and DO feel true justice when they push this kind of spiteful bullshit here
Do you want me to start spamming images of beat up faggots or something? Go kys faggot, if this is actually turning into a battle for civilisation, then get the fuck ready you dumb pozzed cunt
hope all your dumb faggot friends will surely help out when it comes to violence right?
kys

I am against building ramps and easy access doors in every building if the landlord of that building doesn't want to pay for them and is being forced to.

If someone wants to install ramps and whatnot, they are free to do so. If they don't, they shouldn't be forced to. If people really need it they can either ask or stop using that building. If it's a residential building, move away; if it's a business, switch to one of its competitors where they have those infrastructures.

Landlords should install ramps and easy access doors because they attract more businesses and solidifies existing ones, not because they are forced to.

Same way a bakery will bake gay wedding cakes, not because they are forced to but because it's good for business. But if they don't want to, no one should force them.

That's all I wanted to say. /rant

Prove that it is intentional.

At least a Christian will say "sorry that goes against my values, you'll have to go elsewhere." A fucking muzzie would go from Ramadan to fucking jihad in 1.001 seconds. I'm a bisexual man myself and OP is the kind of faggot that makes normal people hate us.
>OP IS A HUGE FAGGOT
>OP IS A HUGE FAGGOT
>OP IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A GAY PERSON AND A FAGGOT
>OP WILL EVENTUALLY CHOKE TO DEATH ON A DICK
>also only faggots get married to other men
>faggots like OP

Saudi Arabia just legalized women driving. You seriously think Muslims are not getting more liberal?

discord gg/XB5FX3u

add a .

You seriously are trying to paint islam as progressive and left leaning? Are you fucking daft or just interested in winning debates at the expense of civility? Absolute fuckwit dumb cunt

Prove it's not.

I generally like gays, but the standard issue "California fem-squeaking catty faggots" are unbearable and I won't associate with them.

Can't prove a negative. You made the claim, you have to introduce proof.

yes

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHHAHAAHAAAAA
/OURBAKER/ SAGED THE WEDDING

How hard is it to go to another fucking bakery?
Why the fuck would you even want to eat a cake made by someone who hates you anyway?
Are all faggots this retarded?