I never understood the gay cake controversy. Specifically...

I never understood the gay cake controversy. Specifically, if gays are willing consumers of the good/service of having a cake baked, why not do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Q31ThggfGLY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because bakers have the right to tell faggots to fuck off
sage

Inb4...
>It violates their religious beliefs
If you can't bake a cake because of some belief you hold, then you shouldn't be baking cakes. If a Muslim guy got hired to sell shit at a convince store and refused to sell alcohol to anybody on religious grounds, id say he shouldn't do that fucking job. Same deal with a christian bakery.
>businesses have a right to associate with anybody they like, or to not associate with anybody they don't like.
Doing your fucking job isn't associating with somebody. Is McDonalds associated with the majority of Americans? There is no greater association between a cake baker and their consumer than "bake me a cake" "ok, here's the price for this good/service" "ok". I don't personally believe businesses should be able to turn down willing, paying consumers on the basis of a simple political disagreement, and the idea that the business is being forced to associate with somebody against their will strikes me as perplexing. If you are afraid of associating with people, don't do that job.
>how would you feel if somebody went to a bakery and demanded the baker bake a swastika cake or something.
I think they should bake it. It's their fucking job. Like above, I just don't think that doing your job is equitable to some close nit association or support of a political movement. It's totally detached.
>it's asking them to do something they don't do, that is to provide a service they don't provide, which is selling gay cakes.
They do provide the service, which is selling cakes. If a gay couple asked for some insane spurting dick cake similar to OP, then I would understand the bakery turning them down. On the other hand, a normal rectangular cake that simply says "Newly weds Fred and Steve" is totally within the bakery's ability and is defiantly the service they provide.

Most private businesses reserve the right to refuse service, and usually have a sign posted that says that. Publicly traded companies and privately owned businesses are two separate things, i.e. McDonald's =/= some family owned Jesus bakery, you mongolito. 6/10 made me reply.

>Private business
dobt dread ob be!!!! BUT BAKE THEIR CAKE DONT YOU WANT MONEY???
Make your mind up faggot

Heil Hitler

>Faggots will force their degeneracy into all aspects of life.
Freedom of association is dead

Go to am Islamic bakery and ask for a cake with a drawing of Mohammed on it.

It's all part of the Hollywood sign up to DeMasculine-ize society And destroy the patriarch that has brought us all the way here..

youtu.be/Q31ThggfGLY

"McDonald's =/= some family owned Jesus bakery"
Got it. Still, it just strikes me that they should do their job above pithy political disagreements. I guess the right to refuse service is what strikes me as weird. I think they should just do their fucking job.
Ironically, if they really want money, they shouldn't bake the cake, then open up a kick starter once they get sued. They get multiple times the lawsuit price in donation money.
>Faggots will force their degeneracy into all aspects of life.
Faggots seeking out bakers they know are christian or otherwise inclined to decline them, and then making a giant outrage about it is obnoxious and makes gay people look retarded, agreed.
I legit think they should have to bake it. Like fuck, don't be a bakery if you don't want to bake shit. It's not that fucking hard.

>who is Justa and Rufina
sorry bro it violates my faith

>muh private double standards

Because the fags avoid the 20+ cake bakers that will make their cake for them and instead intentionally target Christians so that they can sue them for discrimination. This is literally what happened in Washington State, with a pair of lesbians turning down ten other cake makers prior to the 11th whom they ended up suing. It's an agenda, you fuck.

>why not do it?
They don't want to. Forcing someone to do work when they refuse is slavery.

because these people deliberately target Christian bakers just to stir up trouble.

The point is that they are gay. Gay marriage is a conspiracy. If gays actually got married, wouldn't they have booming wedding businesses? Gays run fashion and all that shit. You'd think gay businesses would florish under the gay marriage laws.

Because I don't want to support gays or the trouble they bring in any sort of way

>I legit think [muslims] should have to bake [a cake with Mohammed on it]. Like fuck, don't be a bakery if you don't want to bake shit. It's not that fucking hard.

Top points for a consistent position, but the fact is, they don't have to, and they have the support and protections of the police and politicians.

Unlike Christians.

That's today's reality.

Because what you believe to be right is more important than money. If the age of consent were non-existent would you feel ok with tacitly supporting a 30 year old man marrying a 9 year old girl by providing materiel for the wedding? For some people homosexuality is just as wrong and supporting it, even indirectly, is a compromise on their morals that they refuse to make.

It's the difference between choosing to offer service and being forced to offer service. One is capitalism, the other is slavery.

America is the land of liberty, faggot. If they want to preserve the integrity of their beliefs and financially hurt themselves, it should be their choice. Integrity might not be worth much to fucks like you, but it isn't yours or anyone else's to rob from others.

Eat shit.

THEY CAN REFUSE TO SERVE YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE BEING A BELLIGERENT ASSHOLE BUT THEY CAN'T REFUSE TO SERVE A GAY COUPLE BECAUSE OF HATEFUL BELIEFS

Frankly speaking? Nobody cares. The only ones who give a fuck about Christmas are those who'd gladly cog themselves to turn capitalism. They're people who have no self respect and dignity. If that's ok with you, then fine. Don't bother asking me for any help. You're inevitably be going into trouble you yourself dug yourself into. This will happen, markk my words. Every Christmas, you're digginng a hole lower and lower till thhe whole hole can collapse into you, cog.

I actually think first amendment protections should extend to large scale social media platforms and that extreme censorship of right wing opinions such as that done on Facebook, twitter and youtube should be fucking illegal. It's clear that censorship is not only a power wielded by the government, but also large social media platforms, who can change narratives and control public thought via censorship of "hateful" opinions, but this is besides the point.
Agreed. This is the only thing about the cake controversy that makes me angry at gays. They are absolutely trying to stir drama up, and it makes the LGBT movement look autistic and attention whoring.
"Forcing somebody to do the job they do when they don't want to is slavery"
Alright. When businesses were forced to serve nigs, was that slavery? Do you view anti-discrimination laws as slavery? Just curious. There is a tangible difference between making somebody do the job they do for a living, and enslaving them.
To me, doing business with somebody isn't the same as supporting or advocating for their beliefs. "supporting it, even indirectly" Yeah, I guess I can see how it would be troubling to faithful business owners who do view it as advocating/supporting their beliefs. Still, a person who pursues baking as a job should foresee this moral issue and maybe not choose that line of work. I don't know. I guess I can't hold Christians to foreseeing every possible moral issue a job might bring up.

Are the sprinkles supposed to be residual shit particles after butt fucking?

All fags must die